Midnight wasn't too surprise to see the duel, as while part of her wanted to kill the Elite, she opted to let him die with honor. Instead, she sat down onto the ground and watched, before noticing Crow was chatting to an elite. She couldn't stop herself from overhearing the trade, and specifically, a Phantom. She couldn't help but smirk. In her opinion, Phantoms were better than Pelicans in many ways, and if they managed to get their hands on one....

Standing up, she made her way to Crow and stood next to the Spartan and Elite. She turned to Crow.

"H-hey, Crow? Can I ask you something? You know how Foxy has an A.I right? Well, I was wondering where yours was.." She said.

So far, all Spartans she knew had A.I's with them. Foxy, Master Chief...Her, but not Crow..

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

crow smiled to midnight. showing her big buffalo teeth (she breifly rembered how hard it was to take her own spartan injections and the fact that she was walking was frightengly impresisve)

"midnight good to see you! ... an a.i ... rotting somewhere back on valhalla valley a few years back! little digital #$#@! went rampent on me in the middle of a fight! never asked for a new one after that."

Xytan shook his head and said "save your breath demon, you'll need it"

xytan then brandished his blades doing a quick kata! then he walked forward swinging the blades. however there was something about the movement of his arms and his speed, the blades apeared to be moving in slow motion yet had a blur around them as if moving at high speeds. just watching was dizzying!

ge kept this up walking slowly towards sky cleaning chopping in half a large broken stone shrapnel as if it were nothing!

Sky just sighed as he closed his eyes, hearing his heavy movements as he sliced his way towards sky. He knew that if he watched, he would act to late, or to early. He needed to focus, and keep making this elite think he was weaker, but also make the elite keep wearing itself down. Sky just stood still, his eyes closed and his hands by his side. Waiting.

"Another spar....... You look familiar..." The elite says, half recognising Midnight

Midnight frowned at Crows answer. Her A.I had gone rampant? She knew enough about A.I that they took some time to break down in theory, or at least, she thinks thats right.

"I S-see. I'm sorry, i had no idea. I was just curious, since Foxy has one..." she didn't have the courage to mention her own, not yet at least. She still wasn't sure if she wanted to keep it or not, but he had served her well so far.

Midnight watched the fight before her. What caught her most was the fighting style of the Elite, it was unique in nature, but one she'd seen before. Wait....was it, Xytan?? The technique with the blades at close combat, along with how it was a duel, all supported that it was Xytan.

She heard the Elite speak, and she was certain that it was Xytan now. She didn't want him to die, but he was in a duel and it was unlikely he would end it knowing him.

"Xytan! It is you, isn't it? It's me, Midnight. Why are you here? I thought Luro had you on his ship..."

Xytan stopped his kata and stood still. He took a step back and held his swords in a defensive posture against sky and looked to midnight his large jowells opened up in shock and he muttered “no!

Xytan then pointed a sword at midnight and in a booming angry voice said “report yourself right now!” xytan lost his cool clearly distressed in his own langauge said said “why are you here with the humans! Explain yourself!”

Sky grinned as the elite started paying full attention to Midnight instead of the one he was dueling. Mistake number two. Sky thinks to himself as he quickly looks around, trying to find something he can use to vanish. As he see's a destroyed pillar he quickly dashes behind it, pressing his back against it and keeping his head below the top, knowing that it was out of the elites field of view. Sky knew how to win this, it required to mess with this guys head, make him think that Sky was scared and unskilled, then, when he least expected it, Sky would strike, hard and fast. Sky waited their, wanting the elite to turn to find him, only to see no one.

Midnight had been excited to see her friend, only to remember she was a traitor to him. She let out a sigh, walking up to the Elite as she spots Foxy running away.

"I...it's complicated" she replied in his language, not English. After all, he was the one that had taught her his language "But trust me when I say that it is, for now, the right decision. I told you how I was tortured by my old team leaders orders, well..I was wrong, and i'm not sure who is right anymore..."

Midnight shook her head, things should have been simpler now, but that was the last thing it was when she had all her former friends seeing her an a traitor and enemy.

"And i'm not with the humans!" Midnight yelled, once again in the language of the Elites, she'd spoken it so often it came out a naturally as English"I'm not sure who i'm with, but right now, they'll work with me to get what I want, which is the truth behind what did happen to me, and that's all I care about..."

Midnight looked around, unable to see Foxy. She didn't want either to die "Please, just listen to me Xytan. I want the truth, nothing more. I'm no traitor, and i'm not with the Humans...please, be careful. I don't want to lose you too...but if you continue this fight, i can't save you from him.." Midnight rested her hand on the shoulder on the Elite, sighing before backing away. She hoped her friend would listen, but it was a hope and knowing his honor, he was going to die..

Xytan listened to midnight, she was like a child to him, he took her in, raised her gave her a family in his command.

He remembered when Thel first ordered him to take care of her and he nearly attacked Thel! The thought of not killing a human disgusted him. He was an elite honor bound every moment of his life dedicated to combat of whoever his leader ordered him too! However he did what he did his whole life, put away his own desires and needs for that of honor, he remembered his name, a name taken down from one of the greatest warrior the galaxy has ever known.

He agreed only for the sake of honor, his original intentions was originally to beat her to death in the name of “training” But the moment he truly laid eyes on her he saw the fire and the willingness to follow, that slowly broke him down letting her into his heart. He taught her how to fight, speak and act like a true Sangallhi and she made him proud!

As she spoke to him he felt a warmth in his heart the same one that he felt when they were together before teaching her, training her and caring for her. He kept his posture looking over to the Spartan he was dueling only to see he was GONE! Xytan held his blades in a defensive posture and put his back t a wall. He then spoke to midnight. He tried to uphold his strength but his voice was filled with sadness

“midnight my proudest solder. Everything we knew has been broken today … what was meant to be the start of the great journey the beginning of a new age of honor! Turned into a failure and fight for survival. I was ordered to quickly dispatch a traitor who was disobeying orders. Me and my men weren’t on the command ship when it was destroyed. The chain of command destroyed, I was the only one in charge. I lead my men here to protect the until we could come up with a plan to escape the planet.”

He looked around searching for sky but then brought his attention back to midnight “it pains me greatly to see you like this, we are all at an impasses our destiny shattered. As of now the only thing I can do is protect my men and you! i have challenged my foe to a bout of honor something i must uphold and finish as it is what has guided me thru eveything. honor is my way of life that will guide me now and forever into the unkown."

Xytan looked around ther was at least 8 places the Spartan coud be hiding. He took a deep breath and simply walked across the mall and sliced a kiosk stand to bits creating a wide open space.

“your stealth skills are admirable Spartan but it is impossible to sneak up on anyone if they have a clear line of sight for about 15 yards as such. Come out now and I will teach you what it means to have pride!”

crow looked around at the men under xytan's command she looked to the one she made a bet with and said "look, ill let you guys go no matter what theres no more point us fighting eachother. is there anyway we can convice your leader to surrender?"

Sky let the elite talk, deciding to mess with him a bit as he was not paying attention. As the elite kept his view away from him he had moved to a wall in a shadowy corner, just sitting down and relaxing against the wall. He closed his eyes, letting the breeze from the other side flow into him. He was enjoying this, the wind was a feeling he would never forget. He loved it. And he missed it. He had been in armor so long he rarely felt the wind anymore, and it kinda upset him. Sky stayed silent though, letting the elite cut away while he just rested in a corner, in shadows.

Midnight couldn't help but feel sad, listening to her friend talk. He'd been her teacher through everything, dedicated, loyal and very good at his job. And now, she would be forced to watch him die. She knew Xytan was good, but Foxy is better, nothing could save him except himself, but his honour meant that he was as good as dead when he agreed to duel.

"Today has been a terrible day, and I am sorry for all lost upon the battlefield. But they will follow the great journey, the passage to the other realm where eternity awaits the loyal and smites the unfaithful"

Midnight backed away, there was nothing more she could do to help him. She turned to him one final time and called out, but this time in English "May the ancestors smile upon you in your time of need, and guide you along the path of the warrior"

Midnight tried to, and managed, to hold back a tear she felt in her eye. It was wrong, the battle was over and yet, her friend was going to die because of it. She just hopped that Foxy made it painless for him, and gave him a warriors death like he deserved.

Midnight heard Crows question and shook her head.

"N-no...Once a duel has started, it should only end when one dies or other circumstances arise that make the duel unofficial. I don't want either of them to die, but, it's impossible now. At the end of this duel, I'm going to lose a friend no matter who wins..."

Xytan looked to midnight a tear fell in his eye.

He then took a deep breath and shouted loud enough for sky to hear

come coward let us end this, I can wait much longer than you can I have only one wish other than to serve, I can put all my desires and wants away to fulfill honor and duty. … and midnight has already fulfilled that one wish for me.”

He then posed holding his blades up being perfectly still. Waiting for sky,

Crow looked to the elites then to midnight. She didn’t know what to do? But she couldn’t just let the fight play out like this

Sky sighed as he stood up, steppign out of the shadows as he looked at the elite, smiling. "Your a honor bound elite, but you also have decentcy, plus your midnights friend which is something that matters to me. I dont want to kill you" Sky says as he starts to walk towards the elite. He knew that some elites were friendly, and thos one was one of them so he knew that it was wrong to take him out of the picture. Sky walked over to where his helmet was, picking it up with his back turned the the elite. This was a hidden test, if he truely was honerable, he would not strike from behind, if he was a true friend to Midnight he would just end the duel. Sky did not want to kill him anymore, but if he was forced he would do it.

xytan watched as the Spartan came out, he held still preferring his stance.

But when he turned around he fought the urge to attack. He stepped forward a bit fighting the temptation.

he stood still and said

I … we … have more important things than this war to deal with. Surrender to me so this duel may be over.”

Crow called out. “sky take the chance to end this, now accept his offer!”

Sky just sighed as he grabbed hs helmet, keeping it in his hands as he turns to face the elite. "We will make a trade, as their is no way im surrendering. I overheard thse two saying somethign about a bet. Il turn that into a trade. Give us your phantom, and we will give you a UNSC ship which can get you off planet saftely, no one will follow or attack you" He said top him, walking over as he raised his free hand to shake his. He knew that this was a fair trade, and in all honesty, he had always enjoyed phatoms whether he was inside piloting them or outside watching them. They always seemed more fun then a Pelican.

Sky was holding his hand out ready to shake on his deal

xytan nodded saying “I wouldn’t trust a man who sacrifices his honor. I know now you will hold your word.”

Xytan then turned his swords off and handed one back to sky in a hand shake.

At that crow and everyone else relesed a sigh of relieve. Suddenly a grunt ran up to xyatan hugging his leg crying “leader! Leeeeder!” all of xytan’s other men then came forward hugging him and thanking sky

“I was wrong about your people.” One said “it seems your race can be trusted.” “thank you for seeing reason” another said

xytan looked to his friends uneasy. It was hard for him to swallow his ride and end the dual in anything other than death. But the circumstance of survival for his men and midnight was more important.

crow stepped forward and said “o.k were friends now, I just have one very important request!”

"Name it" The elite said

Sky just smiled as he clipped his helm to the back of his head, He looked at the window, knowing what was outside. "I have a feeling that they wont ac....... Xyatan, i need to talk to you awa from them" He said to him, knowing that the director was probably listening to him via the headset inside of Mids head, though she wont know that..... and she wouldnt know that he was using her... He knew their was only one way this could end well

Sky led the elite over to a area, dropping his helmet on the way so that it could not be used as a audio device. "Im setting up a private comm channel between the two of us. If your alive, im goign to need your help, so will midnight. I need you to get you and your men to attack us. Kick me out of the window, and find a way to get those two out without showing our plans" He said, making a face saying that it was in everyones best interests.

"This is the code for the comm channel, keep it in mind. If you can, deliver the phantom to a buildign nearby. Send me the coordinates. Your UNSC ship should be landing on the roof in a minute. Wait for the people to come inside, KNOCK THEM OUT, do not kill them unless you have to. Take it, and get out of here. But first, i need you to betray me. Im going to walk near a window, kick me out, then have your soldiers get the others out. We will live, dont worry about that. Trust me on this, its best for all of us"

"Make sure her helmet is a distance away before you do" Sky warns him as he walks back over to his own helmet, going to the window. "Crow, over here" He says to her as he walks by.

Midnight couldn't believe what she just witnessed. They were both alive?! She wasn't even aware you could surrender in a duel, but she was obviously wrong and was glad for it. Now they were both alive, something she had written off. While she hated being wrong, she was glad she was wrong. She took her helmet off, placing it on her belt before walking up to Crow, mostly because Foxy and Xytan had walked off by themselves.

She handed the fellow Spartan a M.R.E she had on her, it wasn't much but she was probably hungry.

"Here you go, don't get angry at us. Last thing we want is an angry and hungry Buffalo" She said jokeningly, before seeing Foxy leave Xytan by himself. Midnight jogged up to the Sangallhi, hugging him

"T-thank you, for not dying and not killing him..."

Crow looked at the m.r.e and snatched it biting off the wrapper like a tiger would rip meat off a of fresh kill! She then in a rather disgusting fit swallowed as much as she could not even bothering to heat it up, uwrapping and swallowing everything!

Xytan smiled as midnight came up and hugged him, he hesitantly wrapped his arms around her and tightly squeezed.

this dual has no meaning when so much more is at stake.” He then let go of the hug but held midnight by her shoulders “you must tell me what you will do next. And No matter what happens you will always have a home with me and my command.”

Midnight smiled up at Xytan, but she knew the reunion would have to wait. They had a mission surely, and right now, that had to come first. At least, for now. But she made a silent vow, she'd see him one more time...Hopefully.

"My goals are simple" She said to him in his own language. She knew it made him more comfortable, plus she wanted to show him she was still loyal and that she kept what he had taught her.

"Someone made me a Spartan, against my will. My first goal, is to kill him and his rotten heart. After that, I intend to find out the truth behind my capture, I'm not sure what really happened. If the UNSC really did torture me under my old Sergeants orders or not. I need to find the truth, no matter the cost"

She couldn't help but smile when Xytan was offering a home still, after all that had occured.

"And know that you have a place with me, once business is completed. But this task must be completed, while not in the name of the great journey, in revenge of my honour as a member of the faithful"

Midnight rested her hand on her helmet, looking down at it. She had no real choice, she had to do it. She may remain a Spartan, but she could at least kill the person who forced the burden upon her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

United Nations Space Command: Forward Operations Base 17

Orbital Drop Shock Troop (O.D.S.T) 105th Division, Squad designation: "Titan"

Amanda Avery looked around, nothing was happening since the Spartans went in. They'd been ordered on standby duty, before a Pelican arrived to transphere them to a new location, a Fowards Operations Base that was supposed to protect the hospital from any and all attacks. Titan had been issued on standby, guarding the back enterances to the hospital.

"I still think we should act now" Says Thunder, the large ODST had a Spartan Laser attached to his uniform, as they had expected to speak to the Spartans before being moved. He needed to give it to Crow, whenever they saw them again.

"Negative, we won't make it" countered Amanda "We need to wait for the Spartans, you heard what happened in there? Marines, O.D.S.T and such have all gone missing from their beds. If what's happening is really happening, we'll need the Spartans. Wait for them to show up on radar, then we act. Not before!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

United Nations Space Command: Forward Operations Base 17

Office of Naval Intelligence (O.N.I) Special Operations Commander. designation: Director

The Director listened in through his newest Spartan, who was yet to receive an official Spartan name, an official designation. Her birth name, 'Midnight', was not who she was now. She was, and would have been, the start of the Spartan VI project, and therefore should be named appropriately.

"How goes the newest Spartan?"He asked his men who where monitering her. They played the audio, along with the visuals they had managed to get, though something was blocking a clear signal and blame went to a Covernment Jamming Device in the area.

Things were going according to plan, the Spartan VI project was advancing without her, but he wanted to return, to lead the newest wave of Spartans into the future! She is the image of a new future for the Spartan race, she would be his greatest creation, his best gift to humanity. And this gift would give their future to them, it would be his more victorious achievement. His clean slate.

"Karma....The idea of Good Intend and Good purpose will end with Good fortune. This intend to save the world, and purpose to protect, and her as my beacon. Open her Bio's. Ajust Callsign to Karma, and offical designation K-001. Keep an eye on her, report anything unusual"

"S-sir, what about if we detech Sangehellian? Do we translate?"Asked one of the officers.

"Of course, I know it may take time, but we have plenty of that. Maintain standby mode for now, and keep pumping out MK-VI armor, we'll need it..."

Archived