Crow was still hungry. Not that all that just happened didn’t shock or move her. She just needed something to eat!

In all honesty she had a hard time believing all this was happening. She racked her brain trying to think of a time where the covenant and humans found peace.

She walked over to sky putting her helmet back on and wiping more of the oozing gel out of her amour asking

please tell me you have a plan that doesn’t involve us almost getting killed again?

Xytan nodded to midnight. He knew no words to tell her how he felt, and he truly hopped he didn’t have to explain. He never more had he been more proud of any of his solders, she was truly like a child to him having seen her grow from a frail wounded human to an honorable warrior worthy to be a elite

He called to his second on command “prep the ship for the humans, program some systems for ease of control.” He turned to his 3rdround up the all the weapons and supplies.” He looked to his lead grunt “you and the rest of the grunts take your naps now, I wont have anyone falling asleep on the escape.”

He then looked to crow and sky waiting for them to finish talking so they could play out there act

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'll fix up the Phantom, I learnt everything you taught me, or close enough. Plus, I wanna get the hand of my new ship after I...misplayed, the old one"

Midnight smiled and gave Xytan one final hug, while it wasn't an Elite thing to do, she couldn't stop herself. It might be the final time she saw him, and hoped she was wrong.

"May the ancestors protect you and your men, and guide your warrior's spirit to it's rest" she said in respect, before walking into the Phantom and going straight into the cockpit. She started up the main power, and the Phantom whirled up and then died. Midnight kicked the control panel, before powering it up again, and it fails.

"Dam this stupid ship! Just work already!" she yelled, running up a schematic and seeing a number of flashing red lights.

"You have got to be kidding me. Power stabilisers are damaged, plasma cannon damaged, in flight stabilizers damaged..." Midnight shook her head, before starting to work on fixing the Phantom. She had no idea what the plan was, but she needed to work on the ship because she had a good feeling they'd need it.

Sky was still waiting at the window, wanting to find out what happened next. He knew his objective, it was one he did not like, and one he wished he would not have to do but if he didnt, she would be doing it alone. Sky just sighs, noticeing that Crow had come over to him. "No, it does involve it.... One order, do not fatally hit anyone" He says still looking out of the window. The plan would work well, the Director might know, hopefully not because if he did, Sky would be dealign with more then he wanted to, more likely special forces or something of the sorts. Sky kept his comms off as he put his helmet on. Rose, who was still inside the Falcon, was ready to play out the plan which they had set in motion.

Sky raised a hand behind his back, waving towards the elite to signal them to start their little plan.

"Hey rose, let me have some fun, i like the air" He said to the A.I, who just relpiled saying that she understood.

crow made a face like this

default.jpg?h=90&w=120&sigh=__7pV4mJuw8VaZH29MvFPJb6AVVkU=

from under her helmet

"sky what do you mean?"

she didn't know what was going on. why would they not be hurting whoever they fight next? who would they fight next?

when sky gave the signal to xytan who he set down the body he was taking care of and laughed aloud

never had he imagined a spartan would ask him to hurt him.

he charged forward building up speed he opened his arms and roared to add to the performance.

"sky why is he?"

xytan reached them and with fear inducing speed grabbed them both and pushed them straight thru the glass like they were weightless.

to topp off the act xytan threw his arms up in victory shouting "WUG WUG WUG!" and went back to tending to his dead.

crow looked to the sky and the setting sun. the space battles and ships had created lots of gases that turned the sky a strange yet perfect color. crow enjoyed this for a second and then looked to sky her partner who she knew for about a day yet almost died with more times in her entire career.

as they sliced thru the air she stuck her middle finger out at him, and then looked to the sun again saying a quick prayer to the great spirit.

Midnight had managed to get most of the Phantom fixed up, and was putting in the final ajustments to the Plasma cannon when she looked out to see Xytan throw Crow and Sky out of the window! What was this? They were allies, so why did this happen? No one had told her anything!

Throwing her helmet onto the ground, she ran out of the Phantom and up to Xytan bearing a threatening look "What was that for?! Why did you push them out of here?" She looked back at the Phantom, but she didn't run. Xytan wouldn't do this...unless there was a good reason behind it. And whatever the reason was, she hoped it her fellow Spartans knew what it was. She give Xytan a final look as if she was saying goodbye, saluting him, before running into the Phantom, jumping straight into the cockpit.

"Main power, online, thrusters online, stabilisers and power cells within acceptable ranges" she muttered to herself, before having the Phantom take off. It began hovering in the mall as she put her helmet back on, radioing the others.

"A-are you ok? I've got the Phantom, ready for pick up if we need it"

As they fell sky yelled in delight. He loved doing this, sometimes, his favorite part of missions was entering lock down as he dropped onto the planet. This was also one of his favorite things, jumping from buildigns. In general, he loved the air, he loved being in the wind. "Hey crow, if you want rose to catch you just ask, im going to land on the ground, you can come if you like" Sky says, changing his original plan which was for Rose to catch him, but as normal he decided to drop the whole way down, just for the extra thrill and fun of it all.

When midnight called, Sky just laughed quietly. "Midnight, were alright, Meet us in front of the mall" He says into the comms, his voice showing he was enjoying the fall

Midnight nodded her head when Sky called in, telling her they were ok.

"Roger that, I'm on my way"

Midnight pulled her ship up, exiting the mall through the roof. She angled the Phantom towards the front, the giant purple ship moving forwards. She landed the ship out the front of the mall, opening the cockpit door and keeping the ship hovering inches above the ground. She sits on the edge of the ship's ledge, swinging her legs back and forth, leaving her helmet in the cockpit.

"ROSE, BETTER CATCH CROW PLEASE" Sky yells into the comms, and moments after the falcon came around, hovering below them. Crow just had to catch the side of it to make it, and if she missed then Rose was just goign to have to fly faster. Sky kept his dive going, waiting till he was close to the ground. As he rapidly approached the ground, Sky remembered the horrible mission that costed him nearly everyone he cared about, and the one taht DID cost him Midnight. He knew that this was how he had felt then, diving down towards the ground in a pod. Being in the spartan suit felt nearly the same, just less confined.

As he neared the ground, Sky acted. He used evade to give him a boost to the side, towards the building. His evade did exactly that, boosting him towards the buildign. Three seconds before impact Sky flipped, his feet hitting the building lightly. Sky then slips off, though it was on purpose. As he does so he flips backwards, giving him a opportunity to catch onto a sign. As he grabbed onto it, a jolt went through his arms and into his body. Although he had done that perfectly, it was still a harsh fall he had done that from, and obviously it was goign to hurt a bit. Sky then let go, falling to the ground and langin with a heavy crack as the ground cracked under his feet. He walks over towards the Phantom, waiting off it for Crow and Rose. "Midnight, come on down"

Midnight watched the unique situation in the sky above her, giggling at it as Sky almost crashes on the planet, but managing, if only just, to land properly. When he asked her to Get down from her Phantom, Midnight laughe by shock her head. "That's not happening, I like the view from up here. Besides, I'm not moving until you tell me what that was, and when we're doing after the director? I want him dead, and if I've got to crash this Phantom into a UNSC base to do it, then I'll do it" (This Compter Doesn't let me Colour my chat nor allow me to paragraph anything, sorry)

(Its fine)

Sky just laughed, knowing that their was no way for him to get her down their with him. He just ran over to the phantom, going up the grav lift as he entered the ship. As he approached Midnight from behind, he thought about her question.

"What do you mean by 'What was that'?" He says, sounding offended on purpose. He knew that she would be able to tell that he was not really offended, just acting acting the part for fun. Then he thought about the director. He knew that she had to have her revenge, how, that was a different story. "For now, we leave him alone. Iv learnt over the course of being his personal Special Forces unit that he keeps himself protected. When he was here turning you into a spartan, that was a rare occurrence" Sky explained, wanting her to know that right now, they had to play along.

Crow screamed when the ship came within view she desperately went to grab a hold of the ship!

OOF!” she shouted as she slammed into the ship, she crawled into the ship her heart beating like a carpet bomb in her chest.

She preyed to the great spirit.

Eventually the ship landed next to midnight and sky. crow stood up, a bit of gel oozing out of her armor and she slowly walked over to sky and said

when this is over … don’t expect me to hang out with you” a strange mixture of hunger and rage made crow continue

“in fact I don’t think I ever want to see you again! Ok! So lets just get this over with and kill.”

Crow wasn’t sure what to say next, who would they fight? They just befriended the last of the covenant on the planet! something that her mind was having a hard time understanding

… lets just go! I need to change my amour when we get a chance.”

Midnight stood up and faced Sky, unable to believe what he just said. They weren't going after the director?! NO!

She couldn't help but punch him on the shoulder, not hard enough to knock him out of the Phantom, but enough to convey her anger.

"What do you mean? We're going after him, and if you aren't, I am! I don't care if I have to go alone, I am going to kill him! Midnight grabbed Sky by the shoulders and kicked him off his Phantom. It wasn't a big fall, and Midnight hopped down. Landing on her feet, and clenched her hands into fists.

"Now we can do this my way or your way, and you know me well enough to know I'll get my way. But you're either with me, or against me. I don't care what one you are, but you have to pick!" Midnight felt herself being angry and angrier, she wanted her revenge! No way she'll stop at it, even if she had to do it alone and die from it!

Sky saw Midnight stand up, a bit confused as of why she did that. When he felt the light punch, it just hurt a little, not much. Kinda like a small pinch. Then came the kick. Sky grunted as the kick knocked him straight off the phantom. He acted quickly, mainly out of relex. Although it was a small fall, he had been fighting for so long that even this had become a moment where he acted. He used his evade in mid air, landing flat on the ground, his fist in the ground from the way he had landed. Sky was pretty angry now, she had just knocked him off the phantom for one reason, that he said no to them going after him now.

"Midnight, we are NOT going after him right now. Do you think ANYONE even knows WHERE HE IS" Sky yelled at her, standing up straight. He didnt clench into fists, instead he kept calm, well, as calm as he could. His voice was not calm, the rest of him was. Sky knew that Midnight wanted the director dead, and he planned on helping her, though he also knew that they couldnt just, rush in blind. He kept silent about it though, wanting the right moment, and the right words, to make sure that he didnt make this worse.

Midnight couldn't believe this, after everything, he wasn't going to help her!? He had just given ups

"So that's it? You're just giving up. You're not gunna even try, just wanna sit back and obey orders till the right time comes up? NO! I'm going back to that hospital, I'm finding out where he is and I'll put a bullet in his head! It's obvious you're not with me, and that means you're against me!" Midnight felt her anger rising as images came flashing back of her torture from all those months ago, months of solitude and pain, bones being cracked...endless torment. It came to where she couldn't control it now, she began to get driven by her anger and desire for revenge.

She picked up the pistol in her pocket, and aimed it at Sky. "Make up your mind, either you get on this ship and help me kill him, prove you were telling the truth to me. Or fight me now, prove I was right that you turned me in all those years ago....." Midnight's grip tightened on her weapon as she began to visible shake in her rage. Everything she had felt anger for was coming back at once, and somehow, she'd come to the convuleted conclusion that Sky was responcible for everything that had gone wrong with her life!

Sky just stayed still as she said everything she had to say. Sky knew that Midnight was still hurting from her transformation, plus all the other stuff that had happened to her. He felt her words hard though, and it hurt more then watching the squad die. She was losing it again, she thought that.... he was against her, that he had done all this to her. Sky had tried so hard to snap her out of it last time, and he had barely done it. Now, she was a spartan, and he knew from experience that would make it that much harder for her to listen to him.

Then she pulled the gun out. Many times had he been held at gun point, from covenant and on the odd occasion UNSC squads that had gone rouge. Normally, this would be nothign knew to him, though it was.This was completely knew. Midnight, one of the only people he had ever cared for, was holding a magnum aimed at his head. Sky stayed still, making sure he was careful now. She fired that at him, he would only have about a second to act to avoid it. Normally, that would be no problem, but that was with plasma, a bullet, well, thats something harder.

"Midnight, calm down. You are not thinking clearly, please, calm down, and we can discuss this. Of course i would help you, but we cant just rush into this" Sky says in a effort to calm her down, his voice truthfull.

"NO!" Midnight yelled, not wanting to hear whatever excuses Sky had for him. That's all he was! Excuses, lies! That's all he had, no results!

"You're stalling this out! You don't want me to kill him, and it's clear to me now why. You're in alliance with him! You wanted this for me! You wanted me to change!!"

Midnight screamed the final part, unable to stop herself from pulling the trigger 8 times, emptying her entire clip at him.

As she did, she fell into the ground, gripping her helmet.

"Calm down! This ain't helping nothing"

"Shut up!" Midnight yelled out loud, despite that voice not being heard by anyone but her

"You shut up and listen to ya'self!" the A.I replied in her helmet.

"Leave me alone! I need my revenge! I NEED IT" She stood up, keeping her helmet on. She reached to the shotgun on her back and open fired a single round at Sky, and of all things, trying to kill him with her shots.

The moment that her finger started to squeeze down the trigger Sky had already started to act, using his evade to dive out of the way. The moment that he started the dive, her finger had pulled the trigger. Sky felt the wizz of the bullets as they rushed past him. Sky was now pretty pissed, she had just SHOT at him, not only that, but at the angle, and area, that she had fired at they were shots meant to KILL him.

Sky switched from him normal self to full combat alert, his whole personality changing as he landed his dive. As he rolled onto his feet quickly, he saw the shotgun out, aiming to fire at him. Before she had even pulled the trigger, Sky already had jumped in the air, front flipping over the whole shot, though as with the pistols it was close to hitting him.The moment he landed he pulled out his duel pistols, firing three shots at her. He knew that her shields would not let them past, though his hope was to distract her. The shots were meant to hit her.

"Sky, what are you doing?" Rose said as she jumped back into his suit, already worried as he fired at her. The moment she jumped back into his suit, she got a reading from Midnights, one similar to her own.... Another A.I

"Rose, not the time" Sky replied as he fired another two shots at her, these two aimed at her Shotgun in hopes of disabling it.

Midnight reloaded her shotgun, before seeing Sky fire back at her! She knew it! He was a Traitor to her!!

Midnight eyed the shots fired at her, and side-stepped his shots, dodging one of them and the other 2 hit her shields, lowering them but not taking them out. She looked at her shotgun, seeing the gunshots in them. She tossed it onto the ground, before pulling out a knife, a large one at that. She ran forwards, taking a swing at him in a backhanded style.

"Litt' lady, stop this! He isn't responcible"

"He is! It's all this fault!"

"Do you really think that?"

"YES! It's all his fault, he wanted to torment me!"

"Think about it..."

"NO! Letting him think for me got me here"

Sky slides his magnums into their holsters the moment his bullets hit their target. Ballistics wise, she was more or less disabled other then a unloaded Magnum, and a sub, though he still knew how lethal she was with the knives alone. Sky waited, letting her make her next move. He knew the secret would be to try and keep her at a distance, though that would nto work anymore.

That was when he heard more talking in his head, Rose starting to talk again. "SKY, SHE IS YOUR FRIEND, CA" Though she got cut off before she even ahd a chance to finish what she was saying. "I DONT CARE, SHE SHOT AT ME, THEY WERE KILL SHOTS" Sky yelled at his A.I, ignoring her as he saw her rush in with a blade, a big one.

As she closed in he counted down three seconds, and his timing was perfect. The moment she swung her blade backhand style, he managed to roll out of the way, using his evade to curve his roll so that he was on the side that her blade arm was on. He then went to deliver two harsh punches, one aimed for her shoulder, the other aimed lower towards her knee.

Midnight felt the pain of the punches as Sky dodged her attack, but the anger made the pain irrelevant in the greater scope of thing. She took a step back, before drawing a second knife and aggressively swinging with both, instantly going very aggressive and taking control of the offense.

After a small time of this, Midnight took a step back and felt something wrong with her suit, her HUD was messing up.

"What are you doing? Don't interphere!" She yelled, it might seem she was talking to Sky, but she was actually talking to her A.I

"You don't want to do this!"

"How do you know what I want? You're a stupid machine!"

"I was as much as a person as you are! This isn't you Midnight, I'm an A.I and I know this! Now stop it and listen to him!"

"NO! Shut up! I'm doing this my way! SHUT UP!" Midnight was completely distracted from the fight with Sky during this, and Sky would be able to hear her side of the conversation with her A.I, but not it's response.

Sky grinned as both of his harsh blows hit hard, obviously hurting her due to the reaction that she had. When she took the step back Sky took the opportunity to stand up straight, standing side on to her, watching as she grabbed the second knife and rushed him again. "OH SHI" Sky yelled before he started to parry her constant slashes. As she swung, he would push her arm to the side, blockign as many as he could. A few of her swings were close, hitting his shields.

The moment she was finished swinging Sky prepared to deliver a harsh punch, though instead he heard her start to talk to herself. He didnt know what was going on, all he knew was that it was a advantage for him, one he was not letting up.

Sky moved in quickly, using evade to flip straight over her to get behind her. Once he had done this, he went to deliver a harsh punch into her back, a hard one, and with the other arm he went to grab her arm to pull her down, sweeping with his leg to try and knock her balance off. He was hoping he could get her onto the ground, which was when he could start fixing this.

Rose was still yelling at him to just stop, to calm down and stop fighting though sky Ingored it, letting his own rage trake over as he prepared to do this, making it a lot more painful then it would need to e.

Midnight's HUD returned to normal, thankful her stupid A.I had stopped screwing with her. She looked up, but Sky was missing! Where was he? She discovered where he was when she felt a heavy punch in her back, catching her surprise and stumbling forwards, she tried to turn around but she felt her legs fall from under her and she collapsed onto the ground, caught completeld by surprise. While she couldn't feel any pain, she tried to fight back but she was in a weaker position with her A.I having interfered with her suits systems.

"Get of me! You're a traitor! You said you'd help me kill him! And now you want me to wait....He did this to me, all of it! Everything is his fault! And you're helping him!" She yelled at Sky, trying to pull her arm out and grab another knife on her belt, but she needed to use force to break her arm out. Pulling at it, she pushed hard against him in a ditch attempt to break free.

Sky just looked at her, his face invisible through his visor. Underneath his visor his face had a single tear on it, just the thought of doing this normally would make him shiver up, unable to go through with it. This was not any normal time though, this was something that he had no choice. Sky, with his leg, pressed down harder on her, making it harder for her to move as his weight pinned her down.

Sky made sure that his weight was harsh on her, making it hard for her to do anything. "Who ever said i was not going to help you get him, all i said was not now. Did i ever say i was on his side?" Sky says to her, doing a quick push downwards as a warning not to try anything.

Midnight kept trying to fight back, before realizing that if she did, she wouldn't be able to do anything. He was too heavy and had a stronger position, Sky had all the leverage on her right now. She pushed up, only to feel the pain this time and let out a gasp, her anger no longer shutting out the pain.

"I...I just, he did this...it's all his fault! Why do we wait? Wh-why can't we go now? S-someone knows where he is, H-he needs to die...." Midnight gave up fighting, and looked over at Crow. Isn't this what she wanted too? Revenge on him? What did she want, Midnight wondered, was she...

"No, and don't even think about it.." said the A.I in her head, and with that, Midnight gave up completely. She felt stupid, sooo stupid, for what she did. Why did she think, he was responcible, all of them. They didn't torture her, and yet, part of her wanted to.

Archived