Sky kept his weight on her, even though it was kinda obvious that she was giving up. He had to keep her in control for now, at least till she finally started seeing reason again. At this point Sky was back to his normal self, and he could tell that she was slowly coming to as well.

"Midnight, iv been working for the director for awhile now, and i still dont know where he is. He has dozens of bases iv seen him at, though they were just were i was at the time awaiting his orders. His main HQ, only he knows where it is" Sky said to her, talking calmly as he did so, not wanting to make it worse. Sky then wondered something, she had been weakened and was talking to something the whole fight, on first glance it seemed like she was talking to Sky, though now he wasnt so sure.

"Mid, who were you talking to that fight?" He asks her, making sure she was still pinned down

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

crow walked over to sky on top of midnight

she saw that they quickly made up she then knelt down down getting close to sky's helmet saying

"I know you both want to kill this guy, but first you HAVE to let me try to indict him. that way when this is over we dont have to be war criminals and live our lives killing innocent humans after this. .. o.k?"

Midnight lowered her head, she'd been defeated, again. She was admittantly surprised he even trusted her at this point, but, she wanted revenge. And the truth. "I'm sorry, it's just. I know we need to wait, I just want to get him now..... "During the fight?...Well, I kinda of have this, this A.I thing...." She admitted, as the hologram came onto her shoulder that looked like Avery Johnson, but looking like firey, sitting on her shoulder. "I wasn't sure if I should mention it, but I just...really, really wanted revenge...." Midnight tried to stand up to discuss with Crow, but realized that she was still being held down "C-could you, get off me? I'm not gunna lose it this time, I really am sorry about it"

Sky glared down at her before smiling under his helmet, lifting his foot of her as he offered her a hand to get up. He was glad that she, hopefully, understood that now, they needed to wait. There was no use in rushing and dying, and even less rushing in and dying not even knowing where to go. He had the same desire as she did, to find out what truly had happened, why he had sent them onto that planet, and why they were sacrificed. As far as Sky understood, it was a test to see who was the strongest, which seemed not many had made it through, if any at all. It still didnt seem enough though, not enough to sacrifice that many people to the flood.

When he saw the A.I, Rose appeared standing on Sky's shoulder, and she looked basically like Midnight. Sky blushed under his helmet, just glad it was invisible. He normally hated her showing herself, even now he hated it, though their was no way to stop her. "So, Who are you?" Rose asks the other A.I.

Sky just signs loudly before deciding to let the two talk while he talked to Crow and Midnight. '

"Crow, we cant do that. Even if we tried, the director has friends in high places, how do you think he has all the funds he needs, and all the manpower he could ever want. He never runs out" Sky said to her before talking to Midnight

"And we will get him, dont you worry, but we need to be careful"

Crow growled like a dragon but stayed calm and said

"it doens't have to work, we just gotta cover our planks so ... listen YOU may not care about YOUR lives .... but i do! even though i hate you both right now."

she pointed to the a.i holograms "not to fond of you folks in genral either!"

"now you really don't have a choice here let me send the reports. if they don't go thru the worst that happens is the director hears what he is what he allready knows. ... in fact we could even use it to our advantage make him, come after us. sniff up a trail from whoever he sends. ... but anyway" crow starred at them both and with a voice full comitment said "YOU DONT HAVE A CHOICE!"

Sky looks at Crow, not believing what he had just heard. She was willing to go against the both of them in a attempt to report the director? Even if it worked, all it would do was make it harder for them to do it, much harder "Rose, jam her signal" Sky says to his A.I, who was still on Sky's shoulder looking at the Other A.I.

"Guess il be back in a second" She says to him before dissapearing back into Sky's helmet. Next thing Crow would notice is that she couldnt send anything. After about thirty seconds Rose pops back out, her hands in front of her as she looks at Avery again.

Sky's hand was still their for midnight, he hadntt moved at all from where he was before, well, his head was now looking at Crow. "Dont even try and get me to unjam you, im not letting you get me and Midnight on the hit list for the Directors spartan kill squad" He says to her, his voice calm though serious, and he was. He was prepared for Crow, wondering if she was going to strike in rage, or just let it go

Crow growled again, never had she been this agitated at a teamate.

she quickly pressed a button under her helmet, and the suite turned off, it was similar to a lockdown but she could still use her own body strenght to move.

"get out of my face!" she said to the a.i as it disapered from her hud, as well as her radar and health display.

"sky ... say you kill the director, then what! tell me what happens NEXT SKY, MIDNIGHT THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN D@M GOOD!

she then pressed the button again effectivly doing a hard reset purging suite of rose.

"now one last time. unless your FINE WITH KILLING OUR OWN MARINESSSSSS!"

Midnight's A.I smiled at Rose, leaning against an imaginary wall "A.I issue number K-001A, based on the one and only Sergeant Major Johnson Avery...Your neutral pattern network suggests you're based on Midnight. Am I right? Or am i right?" The hologram pulled out a sweet Williams Cigar, lit it and placed it in his mouth before looking at the arguments that were continung, and rolling his eyes.

Midnight had opted to silence she she'd gotten up, just watching the pair fight. She didn't want them to fight, not over her, not over her selfish desires....IT was her fault, all of it...She heard Crow ask then what...Midnight had no idea, she'd always just gone with it, never thought what would come next. If she did kill him...then what? What would happen to her, sky and Crow? It wasn't fair, her dragging them both into this!

"S-sky, she...she's right...even if i killed him....It would destroy your life, Crows, even mine...I'm a Spartan now, i just have to get used to it. No matter what I want, I can't.....I can't forget who I am, what makes me me..I won't kill innocent solders....Those humans don't deserve it, don't deserve death just because of what happened to me...."

Sky looked at Midnight, sighing. She was agreeing with crow, which was a good thing, but not the best. If be let Crow send those reports, they would go into one side, come out the other, and get them all of the Directors kill list, right now the only thing that was keeping them off that list was that they hadnt acted against him yet. Sky needed to let them both know that, but he just.... didnt know how. He racked his head, staying silent as he thought.

"I don't want to either, you both seriously think that i WANT to take out my own marines? People i have fought for, fought with, you actually think that i would throw everything i have done for them away by SHOOTING THEM? NO, but i refuse to die BEFORE we even reach his compound. That understood? Or do i need to make it clearer"Sky said, aiming that last part at Crow, directly at Crow.

Crow let out a sigh of relieve

And a loud stomach growl could be heard, it sounded almost like a mountain lion.

“aaaahhhhh, no.” she said sadly,

crow sat down, and thought for a second then laid down looking at the orangish sky

to be perfectly honest I really don’t understand any of this, ill help you but I wont condemn you. If we go after justice, which we should! I’m all for killing this guy if we won’t face punishment. Everything happens for a reason.”

but her hunger was getting the best of her. it was hard to keep her 2 ton, always in motion body loaded with the proper nutrients

she lifted her head to look at midnight. “thank you for seeing reason. I wasn’t going to let you do something like that. I know its hard to get a grip and not kill everything in sight with these roided up bodies, you did good. Your learning and growing. You should be proud of yourself.”

Crow then laid down again resting. That argument took a lot out off her, she wasn’t used to yelling or arguing with people. But at least it got the point across.

“so how can we do this without getting burnt? We got plenty of evidence, that’s not a problem.”

She sighed again and slowly said “I got a a.m.a.l hidden away with some of the last tobacco grown on harvest, costs over a billion dollars per pound, I could really go for a quick pipe right now … yeah that sounds good, …and some food …. You guys ever eat grunt before? It sucks but it’ll keep you alive! got plenty of meat to it”

She said considering going back into the mall and picking up one of the dead grunts for food. which she had only done a couple times before during week long operations where she alone in the feild.

Sky listened to everything crow said, silently just wanting her to get it through her head that they couldnt get to him the way she wanted. When she started goign on about it was hard not to kill, he sighed. The mark 4 spartan procedure was brutal and painful. He had seen a few people go crazy within seconds of being implanted, turning them into raging killing machines. Though not all were like that, he and Midnight were living proof that not all spartans are drawn to that lust to kill. When she started goign on about evidence again he seriously started to want to just break her jaw, as it was all she seemed to care about.

"I dont think i want to eat grunt, if Midnight knows how to pilot that thing then we can get a better meal at the hospital. Plus i think a check up on all of us would be good, we all got hit at least one.... i think" Sky said, the last bit aimed at himself. He didnt even know if he had been hit, and he was pretty sure that he managed to doge every shot... but you never know.

"And Crow, be quiet about the evidence. It wont work, trust me, if you keep it up your goign to make me want to get Rose to attempt to lock down your armor to make you be quiet" Sky said, his voice saying he was tired of letting her know that the evidence was no good, well, at least now. They had a lot of work to do, and the sooner they started, the sooner they finished.

"So, Midnight, you know how to pilot the phantom?" He asked her, starting to walk towards it.

Midnight had backed away to her phantom, not wanting to deal with the argument. All she knew, was that they'd solve the issue later and hoped Crow would stay with them, at least, for now. She was about to enter the ship, when she overheard the eating of grunt. Unable to believe what she'd just heard, she turned around and yelled at Crow from the Phantom.

"You...You're eaten Grunts!? Unngoy. That's disgusting, and Human's get angry when the Jiralhanae eat their human prisoners. Leave the dead, they might be gone but their bodies deserve dignity" she said angrily, surprising that this had worked her up as much as it did. "Besides, i'm sure there are M.R.E's in the Phantom, but perhaps you could take one of the human bodies and eat them too while you're at it"

She entered the Phantom, powering the ship up and fidgetting with the settings "Do i know how to pilot a Phantom? You know much of a stupid question that is Sky, of course I can. I could pilot them when i was an ODST, and i've had actual training since those days"

Crow let out a small chuckle as Midnight antagonized sky.

She slowly got up and walked over to the tractor beam in the phantom

She floated up and sat down in a combat seat, and said

well yeah I have, but times were desperate … I never got upset at the idea of élites eating dead humans, I mean everyone needs food.

Thing is I believe our spirits don’t truly inhabit our bodies. And too my ancestors eating what you killed was a sign of respect, they believed if you kill and eat a bear you would gain the strength of the bear, if you killed and ate a deer you would gain the speed of a dear.

the greatest insult was to kill something and not touch it afterwards. that means you killed it for a reason that really wasn’t all that good.”

Crow shook her head and rested it against the ship bulkhead.

"besides humans have to taste like crud, all the chemicals and stuff they put in there bodies on a daily basis"

maybe we can also find a lead about where the director went, if he was in the hospital at one point he would have had to of taken a ship there. If we can find the serial number of the ship I have a friend that can track it”

Sky laughed at Midnight, of course seh could fly this thing. Why the hell was he even askign her that question. As Crow went up the grav lift, he thought for himself. The director so far, had never even began to show Sky anything, well, nothign that could tell him where to find him. He knew a few outposts taht he had seen him on, nothing major. He did have one lead he could try and follow, though he didnt know if it was right to bring them to it... To bring himself to it. He sighed, stepping itno the grav lift. Once inside he looked at Crow.

"Better make yourself comfortable, its going to be a long ride" He said to her before walking to the cockpit of the phantom, taking the CO pilot seat.

"This phantom, it reminds me when you tried to kill me with one, you know, when your elite team tryed to take me out. Who trained them anyway? Seriously, whoever did obviously did not train them enough, should have kept them back a few more years, they might have even survived that way"

Crow's culture meant to eat their enemies? Midnight actually felt sick at the thought of it, and turned back to face her.

"Well, how's this for another culture. The Elites, and most of the covernment believe that once the holy rings are activated, all those who are faithful will return to walk the blessed path. Also, when a warrior dies in combat, his body deserves the same respect that he earned from battle. So never, and I mean EVER, let me hear you mentioning to eat dead covvies..." Midnight didn't want to mention how she saw the covernment, or that she actually did believe in the idea of the holy journey. They didn't need to know that, not yet.

When Sky talked down in the team he'd fought, she fought the temptation to slap him and run him over with the Phantom.

"Who? This idiot trained them! ME! They were my team, I found each member myself, I trained them, mentored them, everything! I taught them as much as I could before we were deployed. All those times, joking around, Slekin being the clown of the team. All gone now because of you.."

She slowly turned to safe Sky,a deactivated energy sword in hand "Sky, get out of my cockpit before I shove this blade down your throat. No one talks about my team like that....Now go!"

Sky didnt move, he just looked at Midnight. He didnt want to start another fight, so he kenw he would have to try and be honest about this right now. He hopped that was enough... hopped.

"Midnight, you do know sarcasm right? To be honest out of most of the elites i have fought, they were easily some of the toughest. They were brave fighters, but they still werent ready. Im sorry i took them all out, but would you have preffered me to be dead right now, and they be alive, or would you prefer what has happened. They died honorably, putting up a great fight for their CO"

Sky said to her, then he looked at the blade. "Also, i would prefer it if we didnt fight again?"

Midnight nodded when Crow explained she'd only done it because she'd of died otherwise.

"I know, I doubt you did it to disrespect them. Just, please, avoid it if you can"

Midnight rested her helmeted head in her hands, before sitting up and looking at Sky through her visor "I failed them still, I should't have done what I did. J-just, get out of my cockpit, please. I'd rather fly alone, I like the silence when i do it. Just give me a destination, I'll get us there"

Sky didnt budge, he felt really bad about bringing up her old squad, and it was his fault she was like this, and their was no way that he was going to let her beat herself up about it. Sky grabbed his own helmet, taking it off and putting it on his lap, before he turned to look at Midnight.

"Midnight, im not leaving the cockpit, and it was, not, your, fault. Its actually good you did what you did, because if you hadnt worked with the elites, you would be dead now, and if you hadnt tried to kill me, neither of us would know the other was alive."

Sky then stopped talking, letting what he had said take effect. Rose though, appeared on his shoulder and said "The hospital, thats were we are going" Then, she vanished, instead appearing next to Crow

"And you, eat some real food please, just the talk about eating covy make me feel sick... and IM A A.I"

Midnight kicked the ship forwards, the Phantom flying smoothly as Midnight could get it to. She plugged in the Hospital as the destination, and used the maps to let her go.

"I worked with the Elites, because I wanted to kill humans. Not because I wanted to find you, or anyone.But to extract my own revenge."

Sky looked at her, his face still the same. He didnt care that she had wanted to kill humans, if he had been put in her situation, their was a chance that it might have happened to him to.

"Which, i understand. The things that happened to you, being tortured, i understand why you wanted to. But right now bigger questions have arrisen, like, was it actually humans who did it? Was it the UNSC? A rouge PMC force? We dont know yet, but we will get answers. And i know you didnt do this to find me, hell, i was probably dead to you until now, just like you were for me. But, i am glad your alive, i still blame myself for that hell hole of a mission we were sent to"

Midnight shook her head “I don’t know who did it honestly, I really don’t. But not a day passes that I don’t think about it, or see it’s wounds on me. I kept them, you know, they offered to heal my skin, but I refused. It’s a mark, to remember what happened to me, to what I’ll dedicate the rest of my life as a warrior towards. Revenge, personal ideals and putting myself first. Always…”

“What about you? Why’d you agree to become a Spartan?”

"It was awhile after you were lost. I was... in a pretty bad way. I had stopped fighting completely, i was to worried about it all. I was the one who had gotten the whole squad killed. The director, he had found me...... At first i refused, but after about a week, i started thinking. You would not have wanted me to live the rest of my life like that, just.... unwililing to do anything. None of you would have. The director after that made me a Spartan, a mark V. I became his personal weapon.... Though i was presumed dead. The ODST had declared me KIA, same with all of the UNSC.... Though that was for the best. The reason i keep fighting, is because i knew you would not have wanted me to be.. alone..."

As sky said that, he flicked his mane in front of his eyes. It hid the few tears, and the slight blush, he had on his face. His voice was prretty sad, and he had a reason to. These were memorys he had buried, memorys he wished he would never have to say... even though he left one part out.

Crow listened to the conversation.

She shook her had. There was nothing for her to input or anything she knew about it so she just stayed silent and stood up looking around for some food. She opened up a box full of gooey stuff and looked to midnight, ignoring rose the a.i

“this stuff edible?”

Midnight felt, guilty about what happened to Sky. Everything that had happened to him was her fault, and turned to face him.

"So...Basically speaking, you becoming a Spartan because of me...me, being captured..." She let out a sigh, resting her head in her hands as an admittance of defeat.

Hearing Crow speak, she looked up and saw the food she was holding "Yeah, should be, though if you see green in it, spit it out"

Midnight's A.I spawned, hovering towards Rose "So" He said "How's the suit going?"

Archived