"Its not all your fault. If i had known you were alive, instead of not having fought, i would have grabbed anyone who would follow me, got onto a pelican with, or without permission and come to get you." Sky said to her, smiling from behind his mane. When crow spoke, he swear he could have heard Rose sigh a bit, though he didnt know for sure.

When Johnson appeared near her, she wondered what he meant by 'hows the suit'.

"What ya mean?"

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I..I know you would have. But you had no way of knowing, you thought I was dead after all. But, a Sparta..Hey Crow, why did you become a Spartan? Revenge too?"

Johnson chuckled "Your Spartan's suit, it's design, does it fit you nicely?"

Crow took of her helmet and stuck her finger in the glop. She tasted it and grimaced.

It tasted very nasty and sour. But crow shrugged and began to slurp it, lifting the box to her lips.

She walked into the cockpit at midnights question and swallowed her mouth full saying

“im a 3rd generation Spartan. I didn’t have a choice. The second and 3rd generations of Spartans were both umm. Well basically we were found at a young age. For me I only remember a few things about my parents. … my father teaching me to meditate, my mother’s voice.”

She looked into the green covenant slop with a melancholy face and drank some more before continuing

I joined the u.s.c when I was probably around 3 years old. midnight. I joined because they knew I was capable. I had no say and no choice. … anyone want some? It’s not bad if you swallow a lot at once”

her voice gave away it was a bit of a hard subject for her, but she had gotten over it a long time ago

"But a spartan?" Sky asked, wanting to hear the rest of the sentance, but then Crow came in telling her story. It was one he was all to familiar with, he had heard it over fifty times from different generation thrree's, and each time it made him feel worse. He had it easy. It was HIS choice he had done it. It was more painful then they would have had it, but he willingly did it. They.... had no choice. The sorrow, and tears, from all of this were starting to drip off Sky's face, his mane starting to get wet from them. His helmet fell onto the floor, rolling from when it had been before.

"Its fine, im enjoying working with Sky, normally, though at times like this.... i don't know how i can help..." She said to him, knowing what sky was doing right now.

Midnight felt a cold wave rush over her as Crow told her she didn't have a choice that she became a Spartan. She assumed everyone had a choice, that they wanted to become Spartans', but that was wrong. They didn't choose to have their bodies mutilated, it just happened to them.

"I'm sorry, I had no idea..." was all she could think to say, and the cockpit entered into a silence.

Johnson smirked "You know, despite being based on the Gal, you sure don't know what makes her tick, then again, you're not a pure copy. Based on reports, memories I presume? Wasn't a direct brain transphere. Well, for us, we need to get to the combat zone fast. Faster we do that, we get them into battle, that's where all their issues are sorted out"

Sky kept his head down as he responded to Midnight. "Its..... normal. Every mark two and three Spartan had no choice...... Most of our generation, mark fives, had no choice..... Most were injured and becoming this was their only chance to survive...... Midnight, me and you, are the only two who have survived..." He says to her, the tears starting to run faster, his mane was now pretty damp, and his face was soaked. This whole thing, he wished that.... He didnt even know what he wished anymore.

"Im based on reports, though thanks to Sky their, iv become more like her then i used to be. Im adaptign to new things, im not being restricted from changing. And right now, we need to keep them away from combat"

"Crow....Im not hungry" He said, as he started to just drift off into his own thoughts.

Crow pointed to rose and said

urgh” she swallowed a mouth full of the green stuff

what she said! these two, there combat efficacy is directly tied to there mental state. What we need to do is re-arm and start planning our next step. Beside there’s not really any covenent left on earth that are hostile.”

She put the container up to her lips gulping it like it was lifesaving water and she just crawled thru the dessert.

She finished and licked the container clean

uhmm but I still hate you!” she said finishing her conversation to rose

crow set the box down and shook her head. she said "if your crying over me and my brothers, DON'T i'm over it, we all accepted what happened to us, we did what was needed of us. everything happens for a reason."

she went into the back and opened a second box, but was greeted with a yellow slime that smelt like rotten milk mixed with sewage and gasoline. Crow quickly slammed the lid and threw it out the bay floating to earth

Johnson smirks "Well, you never know. Sometimes the original things are the best. Look at me, based entirely on the actual brain of Johnson, he was in cyro-sleep a month before he died, and I've had access to Cortana's memory banks, meaning I've got every single memory of him. And unlike you, i'm staying true to my roots. You should to, you'd never know what you discover about yourself"

The A.I's hologram circled Rose's hologram "I don't know about you, but Midnight does her best when she's in action, so we need to put her in combat!" He was loud enough for Crow to hear, if she was listening.

Midnight kept her helmet on, and was distracted, nearly crashing the Phantom into a building, before returning to her original course

"Sky is.... unique for a Spartan. He is.... best anywhere. Before he found Midnight was alive, he was not like this. He has always talked about who i was based off, said that me being here helped him remember why he still fought. Since he found her alive, he has been fighting better then he used to. His performance is based on how he feels, and who is around him.." Rose said to John, not knowing much else.

When the Phantom nearly crashed, Sky noticed that Midnight was not herself right now. She was normally happy while flying, and concentrated, this time... something was on her mind. He raised his head, his face could be seen with the tears.

"Midnight, take a break. Let me fly for a bit, you have been through a lot" He offers her, then speaks to Crow

"And i know you hate me, what for, i dont know. But unlike you, some people actually were once able to feel without all these impants and strength enhancements. You dont know the story behind why i try and keep Midnight safe, you dont know why i prefer to be the one in the most dangerous area in a fight..... You dont know..."

He said to Crow.

"Well, missy, let me tell ya, we should get them into combat. Midnight does her best work while stressed out, somehow, you just said yourself that Sky does too, and somehow i doubt Crow here is against doing something.."

"I'm fine..." protested Midnight, keeping her eyes focused on the Phantom's sensors "And it's like you haven't been through enough. You're still crying....Plus, I-i can fly a Phantom better than you probably can...I've had offical training"

"You have been fighting and flying all day, and your still trying to get used to the change of becoming a Spartan, also, your unfocused right now. Iv flown a Phantom before. And dont worry about me.... I may have been through a lot, though you have been through worse, please, take a break" Sky asks again, knowing that Midnight right now had somethign on her mind, and he knew she needed time to think about it.

"They may work best, but what is best for them. Sky works well when he has a reason to fight. Without it, he may as well sit down in th middle of a battle and get shot a

She replied to him, not wanting to have to send him back so soon.

Midnight let out a small growl from her throat "I said i'm fine!" she snapped, before checking the map. They weren't too far away from the hospital. But in that check, another light, a UNSC radio trigger, was flashing. The Phantom was intercepting a UNSC transmission, of some kind.

"What about you Crow?" She asked, seemingly out of the blue "Do you really think everything has it's reason for happening?"

Johnson's hologram smirked "Listen little lady, we get them healed up, get another job from the director..I've got an interesting file, well, it's yours mostly..." He holds up a file from the covvy super carrier "Forget about this? The data isn't much, and while i doubt Midnight likes me poking around, what she doesn't know, isn't gunna hurt her..."

Sky noticed that they had intercepted a message, which made him wonder. Why did they get this message? He thought for a second, thinking about how and why they had gotten this message. Was it intended for them? Or was something about to happen? Sky didnt know as he once again said "I know you think you are, but all of this will take its toll. I know you prefer to be the one flying, but you need to let others help you...." He said to her, then he played the message.

Rose just stood their, confused. She did not understand WHY this guy was acting this way, Didnt he know their plan? Well, it might be best if he didnt.

"What file is that? Give it here"

Crow nodded and said

"everything has a reason, you just don't know"

she walked to the control panel and hit the loud speakers

"this is petty officer Crow of the unsc, we hijacked a this vehicle and are en route for the hospital, please give info to verify"

the ships speaker shot t out loud enough for the ships nearbye to hear.

Midnight shook her head, but didn't bother replying. He wasn't going to listen, but she wasn't going to budge, she was the pilot of this ship and she would remain the pilot of this ship!

Johnson simply raised an eyebrow, as he shot up dozens of firewalls to keep Rose out "nu-hu little lady, not that fast. Remember the Forerunner ruins before? This file was taken by Midnight, and didn't your parents teach you to ask before trying to take things?"

The intercepted message was simply a blur of static, a few gunshots, before cutting out. Hearing it, Midnight pressed another button, and a location popped up on the map, near the hospital "That came from here..a hundred metres from the hospital"

When he heard the gunshots over the radio, he snapped to attention. His face was still soaked from tears, though they had stopped flowing. They were drying fast also. He waited until it was over, then listened to where Midnight said it had come from. He reached down, grabbing his helmet and putting it on.

"Midnight, im going to need to borrow your SMG's, and two of you knives if you can spare them, all my gear is gone" He asked her, then he spoke out to Rose. He was going to want her with him, it would make this easier.

"Rose, we got a job to do, come on, finish up whatever you two are talking about" He called out.

Rose turned to the cockpit, a bit shocked after hearing the radio message. She looked at John

"Got to go, you had better give me a copy of that file John"

Johnson's Hologram shook its head, but threw a file at the A.I anyway. The file only contained co-ordinates of Jerriico 8, the location of a Forrunner temple and hinting at the ideals of 'knowledge'.

"The rest isn't translated, and my coping isn't enough. But the lady here was taught to read this stuff, I think she'll be able to translater it better than you or I. After all, she's studied it..." The A.I's hologram shrugged, before letting out an audible sigh and moving into the cockpit.

"I've intercepted communications. The covies haven't given up yet, several wraiths are bombarding the Hospital along with reported 200 group troops. The hospital has been breached, we should make tracks if we wanna save anyone" The A.I smirked "I'm seeeing a certain ODST team.." He turns to Old Crow "Under the code of Titan defending, lead by my own daughter.."

Midnight threw her weapons at Sky, he needed it and honestly, she didn't. She had this Phantom and that's all she needed really. She brought up a display, and the sight of nearly 200 Covy troops attacking the hospital with plasma, while bullets flew back at them. Midnight turned her head to her allies.

"Where do you want me to drop you?" She asked, keeping the Phantom on the outskirts of the battlefield

Rose caught the file, it dissapearing as she stored it in her data banks. She looked at John again, then smiled before vanishing, and appearign next to Sky.

"Time for yet another adventure" She said, then vanishign once more as she went back into Sky's suit. She didnt look at the file, she knew this was more important, and she had to make sure that she did everythin she could do to help.

Sky didnt smile as Rose did all that, he was focused on helping out the hospital, and he knew that if they didnt hurry their was a chance that they were going to lose Titan, and a lot of other good soldiers and wounded that didnt deserve to be caught up in this conflict. When Midnight threw him her weapons, he caught both of the submachine guns. sliding them both into his Hip holsters. Then the knives, he caught them both with one hand, and slid one into his Hip, and the other into his chest. His upper chest sheathe and Right leg Sheath had knives in them now. Sky then, without Midnights Permission, grabbed her sniper, goign to the side of the Phantom as he kept standing up, aiming her Sniper at the door, but towards the ground.

"Midnight, open the right side hatch" He called to her, wanting to shot a few with a sniper before goign down to close range.

"I want that back when you return, else i'm going to beat another one out of you!" Midnight yelled at Sky for taking her sniper, before opening the Right hatch like he asked. She kept the Phantom at a safe enough distance so that they shouldn't be fired upon, but the Sniper should have the distance to fire back.

"Crow! Where do you want to be dropped, the Hospital?" Midnight asked, curious about it before she went into the fight in a Phantom.

Crow stood there, silent,shaking

there were only a few things that really bothered crow, one of them was attacking a hospital, a peace zone, a place of healing.

she shuttered and slammed her helmet on and picked up her hammer saying

"drop me on top of those sekiwa's"

sikiwa is native buffalo for walking corpse

ODST Titan had taken a defensive position along the hospitals' bottom floors, making sure the enemy stayed out. Amanda Avery was in charge, and so far, it had been going well. They'd been through hell, and at this rate, her team would go down. She didn't want to retreat, but they didn't have a choice at this rate. They needed reinforcements!

"Thunder! Keep that flank clear!" She yelled as the giant ODST moved the chain-gun to cover that area, mowing down a team of grunt.

"We can't do this forever!" He called out, and Avery knew it. What what choice did they have? They had to hold the hospital, so many people couldn't protec themselves.

Avery turned the radio on "CALLING ALL U.N.S.C UNITS, this is ODST team Titan. The hospital is under attack, we need all hands on deck. All units deploy, i repeat, deploy! We're about to be overrun!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Midnight nodded her head, moving the Phantom into position above the Covvies at the front lines, knowing it gave Sky some good firing positions aswell.

"Give 'em hell Crow!" She called out, and lowered the door closest to her, giving her time to drop, before flying the Phantom to the hospital's mid floor and turning to Sky "Get out! I'm guna do some bombing runs and you won't get any good shots out when i'm doing that!"

As the hatch opened, Sky aimed down the scope of the Sniper. The first target he saw was one of the gunners from a Wraith. He didnt bother with recoil, or aiming with their moving. He simply pulled the trigger, the shot going straight through the Brutes head. The brute was taken out instantly, slumping on the gun as the plasma stopped firing. He then took another two shots in rapid succession right at where the Driver sits. The first shot hit it, denting and weakening the armor, the second shot hit directly on the same spot, the weakened armor letting the shot pierce through and take out the driver instantly. The wraith then stopped shooting, and powered down as it was taken out. Sky only had one shot left, and then the Phantom moved and Crow jumped out. The new position gave him a good view. He saw one elite who was aiming a.... Sniper at someone. He didnt know who, but he looked ready to fire. Sky quickly swiveled the sniper, aiming at his head as he fired once, the shot going through its head. The snipers shot went out around 0.4 seconds After the bullet hit him, causing the aim to be slighly messed up. Avery would see the bolt miss her head by around five milimetres.

After he took his last shot, he picked the sniper up, going into the cockpit as he put it down in the co pilot seat.

"Here, snipers back" He said, then he spoke again, though not to Midnight,

"Rose, mark a weak wall on second level on Midnights Hud" He said to his A.I, who did as asked in exactly four seconds. Once the wall was marked, Sky saw it as well as Midnight.

"Done, also im preparing for a hard impact" She said, the second part knowing what he planned to do from experiance, as he had done it over a hundred other times. Each time it was a harsh impact.

"Midnight, get me next to that wall, im going to break though it. Titan needs help, and judging by where i saw that Sniper aiming, they are on the bottom floor" He says to her, then walking back to the right side hatch, which was open. He knew that this was going to hurt, even with the armor, it didnt dull all pain.

Crow jumped out of the ship cocking her arms back with the gravity hammer

She flew towards a wrath tank getting ready

Once almost at the tank she slammed the hammer into the machine with a mighty SMASH

The gravity from the hammer discharged the fall letting her land relatively safe

She lifted the hammer above her head smashing the wraith

“YOU!” she continued to smash “DON’T %#%^! ATTACK” she lifted the hammer for one final blow “HOSPITALS!”

the already destroyed tank shattered to almost nothing

he pulled the hammer out of the wreck and charged forward at the closest banshee, her anger and rage made her body go numb and painless, she ran forward dodging plasma bolts.

The wraith activated its boost trying to run her over, Crow jumped and with the hammer slammed the exhaust port.

She ran forward and heard the tank release a small set of explosions without an exhaust port the pilot and gunner would painfully melt within seconds then blow up

The continued running and a Grunt in a ghost drove up to her trying to blast her. She whipped out her plasma pistol and fired short circuiting the machine,

The Grunt smacked the controls trying to restart it!

Crow grabbed the Grunt and quickly broke its arms, hopping on the small vehicle driving forward the grunt kicking and screaming, she drove forward and set the Plasma grenades on the grunts belt to detonate, she jumped at the last minute letting the ghost slam into the tank causing a massive explosion causing her to fly up into the air.

She landed in front of yet another tank and stepped forward smashing it with her hammer! Crushing the front end. She jumped on the tank, killing the gunner and waited till a nearby wraith fired a large plasma ball at her, she jumped off sprinting forward growling, letting the plasma hit the other tank she was just on

GRAAAAAAAAAAA”

Avery fired her last rocket at the large team of Grunts, doing everything in her power to keep the advancing waves of ground troops from overrunning her and the rest of Titan. So far, it didn't look good. Thunder was starting to run low on ammo, as was the rest of her team. Several had been forced to fall back, giving up parts of the hospital to the wave tactics of the Covvies. She turned to face Thunder "How's the ammo looking?!" She yelled out. The giant didn't even look in her direction "I've been on my last mag for the past 5 minutes!" He yelled, no humour in his voice. His ammo packs might have been huge, but even he had a limit to how many bullets he could fire out before he got tired. Even with his helmet on, Amanda could tell he was tired. She turned to the front lines, only for a sniper to barely miss her. Her eyes shot wide open as she lept down into cover, as Thunder re-ajusted his fire to rake the position where the Sniper had been.

"Sergeant! We need to fall back!" Yelled Thunder as he took a step backwards, refusing to let go of the trigger.

"No..we-we can hold it" said Amanda shakily, standing up and blasting a Jackel in the face.

"Amanda...." Said Thunder quickly, as his Sergeant finally nodded her head.

"Fine...All Titan teams, fall back. We can't hold the covies from the ground floor. I want all passages destroyed, i want to funnel them into a single passageway where we'll mow them down. Copy?" She was satified with the answer. She turned to Thunder "I need 5 minutes"

The giant turned his head to her "You've got 3, and i need more ammo. This one's nearly out" He said.

Amamda nodded, before running back into the Hospital. She needed time for her and the rest of Titan to prepare, she just hoped Thunder wouldn't sacrifice himself for that time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Midnight saw the point, and moved the Phantom into the desired position. She had the Plasma cannon open fire, burning down several sniper positions. She just had to keep it still, and despite all the small-arms fire, she wouldn't have to move unless they fired something heavy at her. Thankfully, she couldn't see anything yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A team of Brutes spotted Crow, and despite being enemies, they respected the brutality and strengh that they Spartan warrior fought with. The brutes put their ranged weapons away, grabbing Gravity Hammers and Energy swords and charging. There was at least a dozen of them, and as they charged, the Wraith's started moving away from Crow. They needed to re-position themselves, they couldn't handle the power of the Spartan.

When Midnight moved the Phantom to where he had wanted it, he walked into the Cockpit. His helmet was on. He pulled the two sub machine guns out of their holsters, making sure they were both reloaded, which they were, and then slid them back in. He looked at Midnight.

"We will finish that conversation from before AFTER we survive this alright? Keep safe, i dont want to leave this place to find you shot down. If you need help, just let me know, and if possible il be their as soon as i can" He said to her, putting a hand on her shoulder before letting go, and walkign to the right side hatch. Sky breathed in, walking to the left side hatch, which was still closed. Placing one foot on it, the other on the ground, he breathed out. Then, he pushed off the left hatch, starting to sprint. As his right foot was about to hit the edge of the right side hatch, he pushed off, leaping out of the phantom at a high speed.

"Armor locked" Sky would hear, then he crashed straight through the wall, landing on his back. The moment after he hit the ground, his armor unlocked, and cause he was still mid second role, he used it to roll onto his feet. Sky moved his neck from side to side. Thanks to the lockdown, that didnt even hurt at all.

"Spartan Delta 226 calling all UNSC personal in the hospital, give me a location, im inside the building, second floor" He called out on the UNSC comms channel, Rose patching it into all the nearby frequenzies that were UNSC. That included Thunder's, and Avery's.

Archived