The scarab would take aim at cross, and fire its head though before it fired it turned and aimed at covey infantry. The turret on the other hand started firing at Crow.

Sky would see the heads attack get redirected but the turret didnt "I thought you were disrupting its aim" Sky would say as he used evade to flip up the scarab as he pulled both blades out and stabbed them back in. He had been doing this for about a minute, three more jumps and he was up. Sky could see a heck lot of coveys were still on the ground. If he wanted to save crow he had to act fast.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Well you really did it this time old crow! I only got a small chunk of the battalion and now the biggest gun in the world is aiming at me!”

Old crow jumped out of the tank and ran back towards her ghost. she killed all the close by forces but they were moving in on her and trying to shoot her. She used evade to push her self faster and jumped in, blasting the boost. She quickly slammed into a glass building that was probably a bank and flew right out the other side, hoping the streets could provide cover.

Then as she hurried along she heard banshee guns behind her.

Hmmm

she then quickly jumped off the ghost and ran into a tall building nearbye probably surprising everything that was trying to kill her. She sprinted thru what was some kind of business lobby and found a fire exit, she ran up the stairs up to the 3rd flood.

She ran by the abounded office and looked out the window,

She had managed to evade the aim of the scarab for now. Then she ran around in circles hoping to hit the motion sensor of the banshee’s.

Soon enough likes fly’s to garbage the came by strafing the building trying to take aim at her.

The pistol only had about 2 overcharges left, she figured that she probably only had time for one before the scarab found and fried her anyway

Sky would grunt as he did his last flip. Sky would use evade to flip straight onto the scarab. Time would slow for sky as he looked around to see how many he was dealing with. So far he counted three brutes, two grunts and a elite. Sky knew that was probably only half the men on the outside, on the inside he knew their would be at least three elites. Sky would grin as he stood ready with both energy swords.

Time would go back to normal as the fighting started. As the two grunts turned and shot at sky he would block both shots with the energy swords. As the brutes turned to shoot spikers sky would use evade to roll closer. As he rolled sky would notice he was getting close to the two grunts. Sky would grin as he leapt up behind them. As he landed both the grunts would fall dead, slipping off the side of the scarab. The elite, who had snuck up behind Sky, tried to stab him with a energy sword though sky had seen it coming. He would side step and drive one sword straight through its chest.

While sky held the sword their he would raise the other to block a hail of spiker shots. Sky would pull the blade out of the elite, leaving his body to fall off the scarab, as he turned to face the three brutes. Sky would hear commotion behind him.

"Three more brutes, another elite and two grunts behind you sky, if you deal with them its only the guys inside left"

Sky would grin as he rushed the three in front of him. As he got close sky would jump off the scarab, much to everyone's surprise. As sky jumped off he would stab one of the energy swords straight into the scarabs side, and he would use the momentum to flip behind the three brutes. One behind sky would drive the two swords through the backs of two brutes. Both would gasp as the swords pierced through them and came out the front. The bodies would fall off the scarab as he pulled the blades out. The last brute would swing a fist at sky, only to have it miss and two swords driven through its chest. Sky would kick the copse off the scarab as he pulled his blades free.

Sky would grin at the group ahead of him. They were scared, sky could see that. Sky would take three steps before evading the plasma grenade that had been thrown at him. As sky dogged it he would start sprinting towards the group. As he got close two of the brutes stepped up to fight him, though they both relized too late that they had made a bad decision. They realized that when they both felt a energy sword pierce and kill them instantly. As the bodies fell off the scarab sky would jump, dogging the hail of shots as he flipped behidn the group. Sky would quickly slash through the shields of the elite with both swords, cutting its armor open and killing it painfully. Sky would then flip behind the brute as the grunts tried to throw plasma grenades onto him. The grenades stuck to the brute. Sky would quickly kick the brute onto the grunts, and watch the show.

Sky would sigh as he saw the grunts blow up along with the brute. As their bodies fell off the scarab sky would start walking towards the entrance.

The space between the buildings was the perfect range for a plasma pistol overshot, the trouble was actually hitting a banshee, and actually getting in it once it was stalled.

She hid behind a cubicle and took a deep breath charging the pistol to max.

Sure enough the moment he stood up a banshee was flying straight at her!

Not wasting time she ran to the window, taking a few good hits and fired the overcharge.

The banshee tried to doge with a barrel role but the shot hit the tip of the wing shorted out the flying contraception making it fall to the ground.

Old crow took another breath and saw the scarab out of the corner of her eye. Running forward she jumped out the window and free fell spinning trying to catch up to the ship.

Don’t fall off, just hold on tight!

She said to herself as she closed in and wrapped her hands around the banshee. She pulled forward and the vehicle hit the ground with a

SMASH!

The steel in the way protected her but it still damaged the shield and jostled her a bit

“come on come on come on”

she said aloud as she kicked the pilot bed open and yanked out the elite pilot. She quickly put a shotgun to the pilots spine and fired. she got in side the flying vehicle waiting for the circuitry to reboot.

Soon enough the screen came lit back up and a crosshair appeared on her hud. Not wasting anytime she hit the boost and flew forward causing the banshee’s signature wail. She swerved into the city just barley dodging the scarub’s gun

Sky would grin as he saw all that was inside the Scarab. In the lower area their was only three brutes and a grunt. Sky would walk down the ramp, both energy swords at the ready. As the first brute decided to come for sky he would grin, thinking he could kill this spartan. Sky knew otherwise. As the brute charged sky would side step and slash one of the energy swords straight through the brutes chest, killing him instantly.

As the second one came in sky would throw the energy sword straight into the brutes chest sending him straight into a wall .The sword had been thrown with such force that it pinned the dead brute to the wall of the scarab. Sky would then block a plasma shot from a thegrunt.Sky would grin as he dogged the brute, who had decided the distraction might work. Sky would stab the blade through the brutes spin, paralizing him if he had survived. Sky would then stab the brute again, finishing the job. As the grunt tried to run past sky he would let go of the sword, leaving it stuck in the brute, as he grabbed the grunt and threw him straight out of the scarab.

"Time for you to shine, get control of this thing"

most of the banshee's ad cleared out of the way to avoid getting caught in the scarab gun.

the crow was not the best with a banshee, she greatly prefered the unsc hornet or just taking a whole pelican as a combat vehicle.

she swerved around the sky scrapers watching not knowing how many other banshee's were in the air.

"no point wasting time with these fools, help delta take the scarab then get to the ship!" she told her self.

and then she boosted forward heading towards the massive metal hulk.

suddenly from behind she began getting hit with plasma!

she did a barrel roll and turned around to see 2 ships blasting at her. Crow sighed and fired a fuel rod at the left one, she missed but it split them up.

going up in height she switched to the cannons and did a corkscrew to get behind one of them, she blasted the ship with her cannons and tailed it intent on taking it out, the other banshee was working to get behind her but doing another roll disalighened it.

keeping up the fire she finally destroyed the ship and then began focusing on the one behind her. she simply slowed the banshee down and turned around, taking a few hits, she switched to the bomb, and waited till her enemy was close enough. the other ship continued to fire with the plasma. but this did little to her vehicle.

once it was only a few feet she fired the bomb killing it in one hit.

with a few more banshee's moving in the turned around and headed back to the scarab. she flew a few circles around it and then went over the bridge and jumped out, landing on the gun deck and letting the banshee fly back to earth.

loading her a her shotgun's magazine tube she walked inside the cockpit observing the carnage. she then saw delta and simply called out

"hey"

"The scarab is ours, il begin wiping out the rest of the force. After taht i will get us aboard a Covey ship. Before then i will make sure a UNSC fleet is enroute"

"Thanks" Sky would say to seemly no one, taht was when he heard Crow behind him "Hey, time to sit back and enjoy the ride" He would say as he walked towards a seat and sat down in it. Sky would sigh as he sat down. He needed a break.

Old crow had never been inside a scarab before.

She actually found it quite infuriating. Here covies got to sit in the clouds comfortable and safe while it would usually trample ponies underneath it like nothing.

so, how did you learn to drive this thing?”

she asked just to fill the air with some words

"Id rather not answer that" Sky would say as he rested. Sky would sigh as he thought about Midnight. He still could not believe he had lost her. Again. The only thing that helped him was the fact that he knew where she was. "How far away is your squad?" Sky would ask, wondering if they could pick them up and take them along. Any help was good help.

"i allready told you there outside the city moving in with the main force. there not going to reach us anytime soon. but maybe we can call in for some help."

she looked at the computer system of the scarab and said

"you have an ai with you the whole time? ... why did you tell me?"

"How fast can your team get here on a Pelican?, and what are you talking about a A.I?" Sky would say, a bit worried. How did he find out? She was remotely controling the scarab from inside his armor, their was no trace of her existance. Sky would let the thought slide as he focused on keeping the secret safe and at getting midnight back.

“well your in control of the scarab … and your not piloting it yourself. …” said crow trying her best not to sound demeaning or a jerk

Crow switched her radio frequency back to an all channel s.o.s. her friend L.t mom would here it. But so would others.

this is sierra A.O.7 calling for all available air support combat teams. We hijacked a scarab and it is … um imperative that we reach the covanant flag ship the rebirth. I repeat inoperative! The enemy has located important star map information and is planning to make a hyperspace jump very soon.”

She called out but she felt that even if the unsc could help her there was little they could do.

She looked at one of the camera’s and saw the ship, “well looks like its time for the hard part. I hope your friend is o.k”

"She survived the flood, i know she can survive this" Sky would say to him as he sat back and waited. He knew she could survive this, so why was he worried? Sky would sigh as he sat their waiting for the next event.

"The message is out" The voice would say.

"Good, that means we should get help from the UNSC"

"Yeah...I...dont feel like talking about my past" Sky would say as he thought about midnight yet again. He sighed, knowing that the UNSC would aid them. He just hoped they held their fire off the Rebirth, he did not want to die from his own team. Sky would wonder something.

"Hey bud, can you bring up our old friends, the squad who call themselves the 'FireFlys'?" Sky would ask

"Yes, why?" The A.I who resided in his helmet would say back

"Tell them to suit up, priority code two-two-six. And have them drop pronto on our location the moment they are prepped. If we cant get support from the UNSC ranking commanders, we will just need to pull some favors"

Midnight sat in her private room aboard the Rebirth’s Vengeance. She sat with the image she’d kept of RISE in front of her. Her old ODST team, and one she missed. Her team had done nothing wrong, and Foxy hadn’t betrayed her. He hadn’t intentionally left her to die, he’d even kept her dogtags.

True, the UNSC had tortured her and broken her, but, that wasn’t Foxy’s fault, was it? How was he to know that would happen to her? She couldn’t forgive the UNSC for what they did, and after all this, she would make them pay for it. But, Fox was alive! She’s was human! Not a member of the Covernment and not Shrill-Ken.

In front of her sat the data she’d picked up from the Artifact’s map room. Whatever it contained, it was something that she couldn’t access normally. A keyboard was there, along with dozens of cords plugged into it. Luro had ordered her to access the device, as they travelled.

In orbit. War was in full effect. The UNSC fleet was bombarding the Covernment fleet in an endless firefight. Fighters and boarding teams engaged in dogfights. The cruisers of Luro’s fleet were setting up a defensive barrier between the Capital Ship, and the UNSC fleet.

Suddenly, without any warning, the Covernment Fleets started to move, all but 4 Covernment Cruisers started to retreat, turning around and preparing their slip-space drives. The 4 cruisers started advancing, planning to suicide themselves to keep the UNSC ships from firing at their mother ship as it planned to leave the system.

On all UNSC radio’s, another call came out “Attention all UNSC units. The Covvies are planning to turn tail and run! Keep up the attack, they are abandoning their ground forces, so expect heavy resistance for all UNSC ground forces. We WILL be tracking the Covies slip-Space travels in an attempt to follow them. By this order, all UNSC ODST and Ranger divisions are ordered back to the UNSC Interception, along with any other Special Operation Units. We will be deploying in 2 hours MAX, any Special Operation Teams that are not on WILL be left behind. Radio in for pickup”

Midnight heard the call on her radio, after all, it was programmed to hear UNSC radio chatter. Realising she could, she placed it on. Knowing her radio call would reach crow and fox.

“Listen you guys, whatever you do, hurry up! We’re about to leave this system, whatever you do, you have to be on the Interception, please? Otherwise...Luro can’t be stopped. I can’t do this alone, but if you take too long, i’ll be forced to to it alone”

Sky would smile as he saw a drop pod flare off in space. Fast and furious, they stick to their motto Sky would think as he watched the pod fly towards the ground. As the pod got closer to the scarab it would crash onto the ground. The scarab would bend down so that the back was enterable. Sky would wait twenty seconds before the scarab went back up.

"FireFlys reporting sir" Said a voice from behind them. Sky would grin as he turned, only to see a team off six ODST right their behind him. Sky would smile, these guys were the best of the best, even among the ODST. Sky knew that by doing this they might be court marshaled, but he also knew that these guys did not care. All they cared about was helping a old friend.

"Good to see you pal, i hope yu guys are ready to go in quiet. We are entering a Covey mothership called the rebirt, it wont be easy. Thats why i called you and your squad. I would hide, you dont want to be found" Sky would say. The moment sky said that the six would dissapear like ghosts. Sky would shake his head as he walked back towards Crow, only to hear the message.

“Listen you guys, whatever you do, hurry up! We’re about to leave this system, whatever you do, you have to be on the Interception, please? Otherwise...Luro can’t be stopped. I can’t do this alone, but if you take too long, i’ll be forced to to it alone”

Sky would silently swear as he responded. "Their is a scarab at this location, i want you too get the shipmaster to beam it up"

Midnight was kind of surprised she actually got a reply on the radio. Still, He wanted her to get them to beam a Scarab up?! Shouldn't be too hard...Right?

She turned her radio on "Thel? I've got news. Apparently we've left a Scarab behind on the surface. We need to get it back, we might need it"

"Ok, i see it. It's near the artifact. I'll hold the ship and get them to beam it up"

"Roger that Thel" She said, turning back to the UNSC radio channel "Foxy? You better hold on tight, cause you're going to get beamed up in a few minutes. When you get up here, the moment you start the attack, i'll have to pretend to be against you. The moment Thel thinks i'm with you, he won't hesitate to kill me"

Sky smiled, Midnight had always been smart, and although she was cocky and thought she could win any fight she did know her limits. Sky would feel the scarab start to float in the sky, hovering higher and higher. "Crow, i think you should hide. You dont want to be visable when the hunters, elites and the rest search this thing" Sky would say as he quickly moved to the shadow and hid.

Old crow watched as the odst entered the giant mech. She remained silent. She didn’t have to much face in unsc infantry but odst were different much different she respected them very much

But let out a grown when the word quite was said

Soon she felt the scarab floating in the air

“whoh boy!” she said grabbing a chair for stability.

“I don’t know I got the feeling we going to need to kill everything on that ship anyway might as well start as soon as we get the chance.”

All right hiding place … Crow knelt down and punched part of the steel floor, causing the riveting to fall apart. She lifted up the hunk of steel and kicked some wires and such away making a cavity for her to hide and slid the cover back over as best she could

“hey delta this a good spot?” she called out wanting some criticism

If you shut up it is Sky would think as he waited. He knew exactly what would happen the moment they were on that ship. A squad, maybe two would come onto the Scarab. They would search around to see it deserted. And they would report it. Sky knew that before they reported it they would need to be dead. Thankfully he should have a way to imitate a Elites speech, if he could do that then maybe they could move undetected. He knew that for this to work one big strike team would only get caught and killed, no, they needed three separate teams for this to work. Sky would stay hidden as he felt the shields coming online, shielding them from the black abyss of space. Their was no turning back now, even if they wanted too. No, now they only had one mission, two objectives.

Save Midnight, destroy this ship.

Crow sat in her space underneath the floor.

uhhh, … I really wish that these helmets had apps … or something to pass the time.”

She tried to get more comfortable in her space and laid back

hey delta .. would it be easier to just reactivate the scarab and kill everything on the ship with it?” she asked out of boredom and curiosity

"No, it would not. All that will happen is the Scarab being jettisoned from the ship as they deactivate the shields holding us their, now be quiet, we are nearly their" Sky would say, not using the comms. He did not want to risk them being picked up by the coveys. Sky would sigh as he felt the shields disapear as they entered the ship. They were now aboard the Rebirth.

Sky would sigh, he knew that the covey had not heard that, luckly, or right now they would be floating in space. Sky would hear the ramp go down as the scarab landed and deactivated fully. Sky knew that the time was near. He would put a hand on both his chest Combat knives. Stealth was the key to the upcomign fight.

Archived