“this sucks.” Old crow thought to herself.

she didn’t really use stealth that much. Usually only as a way to start a fight and get the advantage on enemies. Otherwise it always ended in a straight firefight for her.

She found that she wasn’t patient enough or small enough to sneak anyway

She sighed and under her breath said “everything happens for a reason.” Waiting for some kind of sigh from Delta

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky would hear Crow talk silently, which did in fact make him sigh. He knew that she was going to get them caught if she did not shut up. All she was doing was making sky want to jam the floor where she was so that he could get this done the right way, though he needed three teams, not two. Sky would sigh again though it would last one second before sky heard footsteps. Sky would see a team of three elites and three brutes entering the room.

"On my go, Delta goes for the elites, crow goes for the brutes. Quick and silent" Sky and Crow would hear in their helmets, though the voice was distorted so tht it could not be identified. Sky would keep his hands on the knives on his chest as he waited the go.

The a.i gave the issue for her to kill the brutes that would be walking over her now.

“oh good I like killing brutes. There stupid. i wonder if they will even have sheilds?”

But it didn’t give her the go yet.

So she sat there underneath the floor waiting.

She shifted her eyes to the Watching the motion sensor, as the tiny red dots began moving closer and closer.

She thought to herself

“so now were on a the ship. I dout we’ll be able to get our mission done before they jump into space. At least they are getting off of earth.”

(Dammit, i need to update my flash. I cant to colors for awhile)

"Go" Would be heard in both of their helmets, and that would be the moment that sky would draw two knives, the two he has strapped to his chest, and rushed out. Sky would use evade as the elites tried to swing a punch due to the fact they had no time to draw their plasma rifles.

As sky dogged the first one he would use evade to roll straight through its legs. As it turned it would see that sky was no where. Sky had leapt straight over the elite and he was now behind him. Sky would slash at the elites back, cutting straight through the armor and shields killing it in a matter of seconds.

As sky turned to the second one he would see him going for a plasma grenade. Sky knew that if he detonated that, their mission would be over. Sky quickly threw one of his knives straight into the elites head. As the knife hit the elite would fall over and land with a slight thud.

The third elite was smarter, he went for a energy sword. As he did that sky would put a hand to his waist, and he pulled out a knife from his left leg. Sky would rush the elite, and the moment that the elite swung sky would use evade to back flip over his slash. As sky landed he would slash at the elite, cutting straight through the sheilds and armor though not enough to kill though as the first knife finsished its slash his other one was already enroute. This one was fatal.

As the body dropped sky would hear his A.I say, in his voice, this too Crow "Dont use guns, too noisy"

“go” said the a.i

old crow jumped up and pushed the metal floor board over her head.

She saw a group of 4 brutes just a few steps ahead of her.

With the piece of alien steel still in her hands she lunged forward and smacked the first brute on the head. After feeling the vibrations of steel and skull she lifted it up and smacked him again causing brute blood to splash all over the place

She walked over the dead brute and with one hand smacked the brute next to her in the neck with the metal.

the other she brute next to her lifted a gun and pointed to her … a prowler, a rather crappy gun in her opinion. She stuck her finger in the drum magazine jamming it. The panicked brute pulled the trigger, but since crows finger kept the drum from rotating it just wouldn’t fire

The brute that got hit in the neck was stunned but not dead. She let go for the floor piece. And right as the gun brute gave up and dropped his weapon. And punched him in the head.

“graaah!” shouted the giant ape like beast. Anther punch to the face probablly killed it. but she rapid fired several bare hand punches to the forehead jaw and throat.

and suddenly she felt the one brute she had not yet attacked pounce on her. He charge damaged her shield. but she was more concerned that it had a radio on himself.

In mid air she curled up and flipped landing with the brute on the floor and her on top of him! Pinning the brute’s arms with her legs she punched his eye sockets in 3 times till his skull structure collapsed

The brute that got hit in the neck was still a bit stunned and lifted a plasma rifle with one hand trying to aim at her.

Not knowing what else to do She ran forward and tackled him stabbing him in the guts with her helmet’s horn’s and pining him into the wall.

The pressure in the monster’s body changed, and blood poured from his crushed organs to his mouth. Unable to breath or call for help he made one last desperate attempt to kill old crow by brining his hands up in a hammer fists and coming down on her with the streanght of a desperate dying beast.

It was strong enough to destroy her shield. put crow quickly stepped forward and flexed her back and stomach pushing her horns all the way thu him and piercing whatever was behind him.

The brute spat blood and fell limp

" sucsess brutes killed no alarm raised.It was close, I'm lucky they wearnt wearing shields .. most brutes don’t especially when they think there safe on top of the own ships. But if they were probablly would of been killed."

Crow thought about that for a second standing still in that position. Frozen in time

"I probablly should be dead" she though. she felt everything in her body go numb and felt almost a floating sensation.

"what am i doing here ...in this awfull place. skirting the line between life and death every moment."

everything happens for a reason.” He said snapping out of her trance and coming back to her body.

She tried to remove her horns from the steel and the brute. But the were stuck!

umm help ..delta …fireflys? A little help here.

Sky would see Crow fight off the brutes. He knew that they were spartans and that they were strong and her in particular. Sky would sigh as she got stuck. She had done well fighting those brutes, she had killed them without getting her self killed. Sky could see that she was a bit shocked. Sky would sigh, he knew the feeling. She thought that what she had done was either impossible or unlikely. Sky knew that because he had been their though he had learnt that you need to move on or it will repeat to the point of it occurring in the middle of combat.

Sky would walk over to her and with one hand hold the brute corpse their. They did well to make it a quiet fight though if a heavy brute corpse hit the groudn now they would be found and killed. With his other hand sky would push Crow away from the brute, and after two shoves sky would feel her horn coming lose. Sky would shove once more, seperating Crow from the brute. As Crow came loose sky would quickly catch the brute corpse, and then he laid it down on the ground quietly. "Do your thing" Sky would say to himself.

"Shipmaster, this scarab is fully operational. It will help us when we land" A voice would say over the elite comm chatter. It was in a elite voice, perfectly matched and it was also in elite language. Sky would smile as it went out. He knew how they operated, if they got no response they would just send down another team, and so fourth.

"Alright we need three teams for this to work. Crow, i need you too get to the Slipspace drive WITHOUT getting caught and raising the alarm. I need you to rig it so that we can detonate a slipspace explosion inside the ship once we are actually off it. Fireflys, i need you to stay here out of sight and silently keep this hangar secure" Sky would say to the group. He knew everyones objectives, and he also knew that he was not leaving without a full team. 'First rule of RISE, everyone goes home' Sky would say to himself silently as he thought about the mission

Crow struggled a bit and pushed when sky pushed her head also. Till finally she was free.

thanks.”

Then he gave out the plan.

It was a solid plan. Much better than a lot of them the unsc came up whith which was essentially, fall back and make the Spartan do all the work.

rodger that Delta. Any intell we can use from you’re a.i or your friend? Ship layout,Time until launch, enemy manning of the ship?”

she asked as she set her shotgun down knowing it would be to noisy to use and picked up some brute spike grenades, and a red plasma rifle.

Sky would think for a moment. The only thing out of what Crow had asked that he could know was probably the manning of the ship, the ETA to launch was probably too soon to stop, though that was never their intention. Their intention was to let it warp to wherever they are going. Sky would sigh, though as he was about to talk he heard a voice in his helmet. "The ship layout is not possible to get. The time until launch is ETA ten minutes. The crew manning is estimated as mainly elites and Grunts. I believe that their is also a few hunters as well as brutes aboard". Sky would sigh, he knew that the A.I had sent that to all of them.

"We need to be back here as fast as we can Crow, best of luck" Sky would say as he Put down his assault rifle and his sniper. Sky would sigh, knowing that they would be too loud. Sky would then pick up two of the Energy swords that the dead elites had and he would attach them to his hip. After that he would put his duel magnums down. "I need two of your SMG's, i know you always have spares" Sky would ask the ODST. The squad leader would chuckle as he walked towards Sky with two SMG's in his hand, ODST SMG's. "Thanks" Sky would say as he slid them into his hip holster.

Crow listened to the a.i answer her question.

Somehow it all seemed a lot more plausible. Even if she couldn’t stick with her strengths and would be trying to be sneaky.

thanks, you too Delta, I hope you get to her soon.” She said referring to midnight.

With a plasma rifle and a energy sword she walked the short walk to the deck of the scarab. And looked around the hanger observing everything taking in the deatails.

She looked back to delta and the odst saying

“all right once I get out of the hanger ill try to find a terminal or something get some maps for us.”

Sky would sigh yet again, though in truth he had a slight blush under his helmet. He was glad, very glad that you could not see straight through these as if you could he would be more embarrassed then he is now. Sky would look at the ODST and say "Remember, we will need this Scarab undamaged, keep it that way". As he said that Sky would look towards Crow and say "Just dont delay, we need to be back here fast". At that sky would sigh again. "Il get to her" He would say with a nod before running out of the Scarab.

As he reached the ramp sky would flip straight out of it, landing without a thud at all. He would look around, hoping he could find a way out of the hangar that was not the front door. After a minute of looking sky would see a side door. He would sigh, he doubted that would help him. "Midnight, where are you?" Sky would ask her though his voice was different. His A.I was using elite language with perfect accent just in case the message got intercepted.

The Large buffalo jumped out with Delta and kneeled down hiding behind a purple covanent supply crate. She peaked her head out and looked at her motion sensor.

Lots of jackals were running around doing work on the scarab and other items.

She looked to a door where an elite who was supervising opened and headed off

follow the important one’s and that will lead to the information I need.”

She was hoping to open up a terminal and place a way point where she needed to go. Or maybe even Delta’s a.i could help

She looked at the distance to where she had to go. It was way to far to move in a crouched position without being seeing. The jackals were scurrying around too fast.

She then looked at the box she was using as concealment. It was opened up on her side …which would make it easy for a Spartan such as herself to carry …

well worked when I was a kid playing hide and go seek.”

She put her hands into the big purple bow and lifted, it wasn’t heavy at all and making sure that she was till 100% covered walked slowly towards the door.

Watching her motion sensor she stopped when a tiny red dot got close. And silently dropped the box. …after a few seconds the red dot went on with its business.

She continued the carful shimmy with the covenant not noticing the small detail of the supply box slowly inching across the room when not looking.

After a few minutes she began to lose patience. She was a little more than halfway across and began looking for a chance to sprint over there.

She grabbed some kind of tool or maybe it was some part for a vehicle. And threw it at a glowing energy box across the room.

She didn’t press the detonator and the grenade simply smashed against it knocking it over!

This sent the jackals in a frenzy running over and making a large circle. They all ran to try to avert the emergency which looked like some kind of working accident.

When the last red dot left her radar. She then evaded forward and ran to the door.

It automatically opened for her and she went into the long tunnel.

Midnight was still breaking into the forerunner systems, she had cracked about half of it's coding. Her entire focus was on the machinery in front of her, and nearly missed the call on the radio. It was an Elite, asking for her directly. While not uncommon, it wasn't Luro or Thel, who were the main Elites that addressed her by name.

She placed her earpiece in, not missing a beat on her typing.

"Please Identify yourself, who is this?" she asked, confused. She had a feeling Sky and Crow were on the ship, given the request about the scarab, but surely they'd try find a map, and hopefully find her where she was. She turned behind her, seeing Thel. He was leaning against a wall, having a nap. Normally she'd leave, but with guards outside her room, it was impossible.

That's when the machine started beeping, and Thel awoke. Midnight put her radio on her desk, and yelled in celebration. She'd broke it, and in a new record too. Data started flying in front of her, and while she couldn't make any out yet, she'd done it

"Go to Luro, tell him I'm in. I'll send the data when i can, might take me a bit to translate" the Giant Elite patted her on the shoulder, before making the journey to the bridge.

"Midnight rose, tell me where you are. RISE" Sky would say over the comm again, his A.I turning it into the elite language still. He hoped that him saying their old squads name would help her know who was trying to find her location. If she told him, he would have a chance. If she did not tell him, there was no way he would find her on this ship. Even if he found a map, by that time all would be lost. Sky would sigh, but then when he heard his A.I say "We minus eight till launch" He would stand straight out of his hiding place. Sky would start to think, he knew he had to narrow his search down. "She will be hacking, so she will need quiet. Somewhere quiet on the ship...that would either be a hangar bay that they cleared or the sleeping quarters, if these ships even have them...though their might be somewhere else" Sky would say to himself quietly as he kept moving, staying hidden in the shadows.

As sky was moving he would over hear talking. "That human, i wonder when she will learn the truth, that all she is too us is a tool, and tools get disposed of when they are no longer useful". That would get sky pretty mad, though he held it in. 'She is not a tool, she is a good friend' Sky would think before he pulled two combat knives, one from his left leg one from his right leg. Sky would peak around the corner. Three hostiles, all armed with plasma rifles. Sky would look at the roof. He was glad that covenet ships dont have cameras everywhere, and the ones that they could see his A.I was sending a loop. Sky knew he still had to be quiet though.

Sky would breath deeply before coming around the corner, still crouched and moving silently. These elites had basically just plotted to kill Midnight. Sky knew she could handle herself, though not if she was not expecting it. Sky would keep sneaking until he got closer. Five seconds. Thats how long he had to kill these guys. Sky would quickly leap into action as he set his own time limit. Sky would use evade to leap straight over their heads, as he did so he would slice one of the combat knives straight through a elites head. 'One' Sky would say as he turned and threw one of his knives into the second ones throat 'Three'. Sky would then quickly throw his next into the throat of the last elite. 'Four' Sky would use evade to quickly get to the bodies and he managed to stop them all from thudding onto the ground. "Phew, taht was close" Sky would say silently as he dragged all three corpses into a room. He knew they would not be found under the floor, so thats where he put them. After that sky would keep moving, hoping to get a response from Midnight

Midnight frowned when she heard the Elite say 'RISE'. How did it know? That wasn't possible, surely. None of the elites had known her old team name, so who was calling her. Could it be Sky? How could he know Sanghelloan? That wasn't possible. She placed the radio in her ear, and replied.

"Foxy, I thought that wolves were on the hunt. You found a place to rest your feet?" she replied. If it was Sky, he'd lnown what she meant. Old cold from RISE, the 'wolves' were the Covernment. It was cold for 'Are you safe from the Covies cause you're probably in a really really stupid position right now'

While waiting, she continued her data streaming, and tried to see what was on the planet. Nothing strange, Jeriico VIII, she couldn't see where on the planet they needed to plan. She needed to find the place, for she needed Sky to stop Luro, whatever Luro was trying

Sky would grin and let a small laugh out. He remembered that, they had used that code whenever they were in enemy turf. They had made it so that if the message would get intercepted, the covey would not be instantly on their flanks. It worked, sometimes. Sky would think for a moment, wondering how he should word his response. Sky could hear footsteps, he knew that he didnt have much time now. The amount, it sounded like a squad heading for action. Sky would quickly press against the wall. He dared not to look aroudn the corer for he knew the result. Death, a horrible death. Maybe not for him, but for the rest of his team. Sky would wait twenty seconds before they walked past him. Sky would then say back through the comm. "The Roses petals have fallen, time to collect the, Where might they be?". As sky said it the A.I would turn it into elite speech. Sky hoped she would get the meaning. 'Where the buck are you, i'm here to get you out of this predicament'.

Sky would turn the corner, he knew time was short. "Minus six minutes" He would hear in his helmet. 'Right now? Six? Dammit rose' sky would think as he kept walkig. Sky would get to a intersection. He was hoping that one of these lead to Midnight, though which one? Sky decided to stay put until Midnight gets back to him

Midnight smiled at the reply. Only 1 person knew that code, and it was Foxy. She had to admit, she was surprised he'd remembered it. Still, it was better than nothing.

She checked the door, before thinking how to reply.

"Where the lion sleeps of course, allow us to get a birds perspective" she said, powering up a system she'd installed to check for UNSC signitures. While used by the covies to track her, and quickly found Sky, Crow and ODST's in the hanger. She mapped out the route to her room, where she was under orders not to leave until they arrived at Jeriico VIII.

"Birds say passage through the sinister one is necessary" If Sky knew his history, then he'd know Sinister meant Left in olden times.

"After that, a trail of speed, straight forwards. Reach the end, and find the guardians. Guardians, along with wolves that protect, what can be saved" Guardians in this case, meant Hunters, that were outside her room. Wolves were the Elites, and she was 'what can be saved'. She hoped that he could translate that effectively, cause if not, she was going to be trapped for a long, long time.

Sky would hear the response. He could easily make out that she was trying to stay in code, making it so that if they got intercepted no one would know. sky would grin, she had always been like that, smart and resourceful. Sky would wait to hear her out fully before he did anything. Sky would hear the 'bird say passage through he sinister one necessary'. Sky would think for a moment before remembering that it meant to go left. Sky would take a deep breath before drawing both of his duel silenced SMG's from their hip holsters. Sky would keep going down the hall way. 'Reach the end'. Sky knew what that was with ease, it meant for him to travel right to the end of the hall way. As he reached the end sky would take cover. 'Guardians' That would make sky think for a moment. He would think, a guard was a defensive move. Sky would then realize what it meant. "Hunters" Sky would say with a sigh. This just got a whole heap harder. 'Wolves', sky knew that meant elites. Sky also knew th elast part. She was talking about her. Sky would sigh as he slid one of the SMG's into its holster, it was his left one. Straight after sky would holster his right one. "Thank grenades" Sky would say to himself as he pulled out two frag grenades off his belt. "Time for hell"

Sky would run around the corner, sprinting straight towards the hunters and elites. Time would slow as sky looked at all the hostiles. Sky would notice four elites, they were low rank which made this a lot easier. Sky would quickly look at the side wall, the Hunters, which had already blocked off the corridor, were preventing straight access. What about side access?. Time would resume as sky grinned.

As the elites fired there fuel rod cannons at him, sky would use evade to doge them all with ease. As the first one came he would side step, the second he would side stem back to the middle. As he sprinted sky would notice the elites had finally decided to join the fight. Sky would quickly evade a hil of plasma that went straight past him. Sky would quickly run at the left wall. It took him three steps to make it their. Once he got near the wall sky would use evade to jump straight onto it, and leap straight over the hunters heads.

As sky landed behidn them he would use his evade to backflip the moment he landed. He did it as a elite swung a energy sword at him. As sky landed he would duck as a hunter swung its shield at him. As sky ducked he would roll back through the hunters legs. Sky would then leap straight up and with his left hand, which had a grenade in it, punched the Hunter. As sky removed his fist a little pin could be seen in it.

As sky did that he would look up to see a fuel rod shot about to hit him. Sky would quickly use evade to doge it, though he felt the blast nearly hit him. 'That was close' Sky would think before he ran up closer to the hunter. Sky would doge a swing of the shield, which yet again nearly hit him. Sky would quickly leap up and, with his right hand, which also had a grenade in it, punch the front of the hunters throat. As sky jumped back two clips could be seen, one in each hand. "See ya" Sky would say as both frags went off, blowign the hunters heads clean off.

Sky would wait four seconds before grabbing the two energy swords he had on him. His left hand grabbed his left sword and vice versa. After sky grabbed them he would not activate them straight away. Sky would wait another three seconds before rushing forwards. As sky rushed forwards he would see all four elites pull out energy swords and igniting them. After three seconds of sprinting, which brang him very close to the elites, he would activate both swords at once.

As sky activated the swords he would raise one to his side, blocking a swing that one of the elites had attempted to do on him. As sky blocked it he would, with a flick of the wrist, make the elite's sword come out of his hand. After sky did that he would roll straight out of the way of a second elite, who was trying to save his friend. Not a good choice. As sky leapt up from his roll he would swing the sword. It would go straight through the elites armor, taking him out in a second. Sky would look at the last three with a grin. Two armed, one un armed. As the unarmed one rushed sky he would simply duck and kick him back. Sky knew he was the least threataning right now.

As the two with blades came at him sky would look at them both. As the first one got close sky would swing his left arm in a slice motion, though he would use it as a faint. The elite would duck straight under the blade, though that was what sky had wanted. Sky's right arm had swung in a uppercut motion. The elite would yell before the blade cut through his head, taking him out of the picture. As the other one tried to attack sky from behind sky would deactivate both blades as he rolled backwards, straight through the elites legs. "Hey, bad move" Sky would say as he placed both swords on the elites back, and ignited them. As the elite died sky would deactivate both blades, making the elite fall. Sky would put both blades away as he walked over to the unconsious elite. It had hit its head and knocked it self out, "Cute little things, to bad it attacked me" Sky would say before placing a hand on each side of its head, and snapping it neck with one harsh turn.

"Midnight, you here?" Sky would call out, not using the comm. His voice was human this time around. "Four minutes" Sky would hear. "Ah buck "

Crow didn’t like sneaking around, it wasn’t her strong suite. She turned a corner and ran straight into an eleite

“wug?” cried the beast in surprise.

Crow stuck her hand down the beast’s large throat grabbing the piercing the esophageal lining and grabbing the neck muscles and spinal Colum

I’m sorry I know it sucks.” She said rather plainly. The elite had only one instinct which was to put its hands on her wrist and try to get her out of there!

By then she shook the spine a few times tearing apart a few rope like things and felt all sorts of fluids running down her hand. She let go and pulled her hand out. Causing the elite to collapse, spasm and puke blood.

at least your parents didn’t name you old … could be worse.” She said as she stepped over the twitching bloody body.

She walked down the halls and found a room. It was filled with sleeping grunts. Grunts could only do so much before passing out, it wasn’t uncommon to find them sleeping after battles in bases or ships. She silently walked in and looked around. There of course was a terminal probably for them to receive assignment when they wake up. She pulled out her plasma rifle and with the silently smashed the heads in of all 7 sleeping grunts

Spartan lullaby” she said as she finished the last one and knelt down to use it.

The terminal was unlocked

(most grunts aren’t smart enough to encrypt and lock a terminal)

she opened it up and looked for a few seconds till she found, a entry called maps and schematics.

“Delta, fireflys im forwarding you some info now.” She forwarded the whole file to both of them and then went back to work searching for the slip space engine. After searching for maintaince she finally found it. The slip space engine and navigation room. It was a few decks across on the port side. Not too far.

everything happens for a reason” she said smugly as she set the waypoint in her helmet and went off. She heard some eleites coming and took some steps back into the grunt room. She watched as the two red dots passed her and stepped out. She crept up behind them and with her plasma rifle hit them both consecutively in the sweet spot insta killing them.

not wanting to waste time she walked towards the waypoint staying mostly to tunnels. Eventually she saw a few red dots. And stood waiting for them to cross the corner. As sooon as they got in range

prrrrsssh

“did elite draw sword?”

Crow rushed around the corner taking the elite by surprise in one slash. The grunts fell within seconds as Crow just made dash after dash swinging the super deadly blade.

It was almost hard for her to see to keep track of everything. Her brain had turned into an almost primitive state that said. There’s one kill, there’s one kill.

The entire team slaughtered she kept her sword out and ran till she reached to control room for the slip space drive. It was filled with 4 elite engineers and 6 grunt workers.

Everyone was busy with there work and by the time everyone even crow realized what was going on he élites had all been chopped and only a few grunts were left cowering in the corner.

Crow locked the door and ignored the grunts for now looking at the controls. She radioed Delta and said “delta I’m in” over the com the crying of a grunt could be heard

“demon! Demon! Snap”

“I can buy us some time or I can set if off for when they try to jump which do you yagh! CRUNCH which do you want?”

Sky would hear Crow asking what he wanted her to do. It was a good question. He did not want any of what she said. "I need you too set up a slipspace bomb WE can remotly activate" Sky would say before looking around. He knew that Midnight was somewhere here, and he was not leaving this part of the ship until he found her.

(Sorry for the short post, just answering the question)

Sky would sigh, four minutes. Thats how long they had left. Sky knew that if he did not find her fast there window would be gone and they would be stuck on a different world. "Working on it" Would be sky's response before he drew both of his SMG's. "Crow, try and get back quickly. If that involves going loud, do it. Make sure that bomb is ready though" Sky would say before looking around. He was waiting to know where she was. "MIDNIGHT"

Midnight kept working, there was nothing else for her to do while she waited for Sky. The data was truly incredible, and vague. The temple was guarded by a sensory system and sentinals, along with a division of ‘special units’ waiting. Whatever it was, the elites would use overwhelming numbers to take the temple. After that, it would enter a ‘control room’, and following that would lead it to..something. Whatever it was, it wasn’t telling her. She couldn’t translate, nor did she hack it in time. She needed time to do this, she wasn’t an A.I, and she would refuse to let them steal her prize.

That’s when she heard her name being yelled. Sky! He was there. She stood up, and opened the door. Standing almost right in front of her, was Sky. She couldn’t help but almost jump on him and hug him. It was a relief to see him.

“Thank you, thank you for not leaving me again” she whispered into his ear. She hugged tightly, before letting go and taking a step back, and without her helmet on, the tinge of red was very obvious. It wasn’t her typical reaction, ever, but she was in one of her moods where she’d do anything at this point. She pointed back in her room.

“I’m not finished with the data yet, I need more time to finish my translation. I’d need a good 10 minutes, maybe more. I can start transferring it across. But it’s a lot of data, I’d need time. And i’m not leaving without it, no if’s or but’s about it Sky”

The moment sky heard a foot step his right hand had already gone for his right SMG, though before he could draw it he would notice it was Midnight. Sky would remove his hand, only to have Midnight basically jump straight onto him, giving him a hug. Sky was glad he had the helmet as underneath, he had a blush. Sky would then hear Midnight whisper into his ear. "This time, we all go home" Sky would say to her as she whispered. When she let him go sky would see her take a step back. Sky could see the tinge of red on midnights face. Sky would remember that, it was a rare thing. Sky could not remember many times when she had blushed before, well, at least not in front of anyone. That was when sky would hear her saying that they were staying for data. As she finished sky would silently swear. "Midnight, we dont have time....Alright, Hey rose you able to help?" Sky would say. The first part was directed at Midnight, the second part at what seemed himself. "Yes, i can remotely transfer all the info in about three minutes" Sky would hear. Rose had said that so that Midnight would have also heard. "Thats better then ten, we only have three before this thing leaves, we need to be back at the hangar before then if this evac plan is to work, you can finish when we get back to earth" Sky would say to Midnight.

Sky would hear footsteps, they were not heading towards them though on the way back it was going to be a run and gun. Sky knew it. "Better arm up"

o.k I don’t have a bomb with me …usually I do, that’s o.k ill just rig something up how hard can that be …”

Crow looked around and tried to open the jump drive terminal after a few seconds thinking she sighed

“I’m a field operative not a engineer! I wish I had an a.i or something to do all the thinking work for me.”

She went back to the entrance and looked around. And saw a small crawl space

maybe it leads to the acual equipment not just the computers.

She ducted down and crawled thru. And when she came out she found herself a long blue tunnel which was probably some kind of exhaust shaft.

She brought up the map again and saw something that gave her an idea in the tunnel. It said “blocking port.

After running forward for a few seconds she finally found a giant blast door seal.

“if I can close these when they try to do a slip space jump all that energy is going to be kept inside the ship …not pretty.

She walked forward and inspected the door finding an emergency manual seal button. She walked over and pulled out the face plate. After tinkering with the wires and attaching part of her suite she now had control fro her suit over all the emergency seals.

She proudly called delta

hey I figured something out. Its not remote yet without control over the ships command center and jump drive. But I can seal the exhaust ports when they do try which is more than enough to destroy the ship entirely.

What’s next?”

"Close the vents, get back to the hangar. We leave when we all get back, which hopfully will be soon. Expect trouble, i had to go loud to get to Midnight" Sky would say back as he answered the question.

Archived