Sky was still pretty mad, it was true, Crow had hit a nerve with Sky, and it didnt seem like it was going to calm down. "Yes, but when we did that WE had the advantage. THEY probaably have a scarab somewhere their, they are ALWAYS a part of a big attack. And yes, i know i might not have been able to do much at the clinic, THOUGH at least i would be their for her. And dont even bother with the files, all you will see is my name and rank. No other info shows. And YES this is only a armor division, but its goign to be more then just one force. Try and stop me if you want, though im going whether you like it or not. I am calling a MAC strike on that location and BLOWING them all to hell, then im goign back to the clinic while you ponder this, WHY are you truly here? My reason right now, Midnight was MORE then just a fellow soldier, a fellow brother in arms, SHE IS MY FRIEND, something it seems that YOU WOULD KNOW NOTHING ABOUT, So STOP acting like you KNOW what im goign through, i HAVE ALREADY LOST HER ONCE, its NOT happening again"

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crow actually had to stop and think about that for a few seconds

He was right. she was a spartan, she spent her life either training or on a battlefield, she never truly bonded with anyone for more than a few days; before either being sent on a new mission or them getting hurt. She though of all the people met. Her trainers, her partners, the random marines she met and got to know in battle. She had no real deep bond with them that sky claimed to have.

Calmly she said

you know what your right I don’t have friends outside of the battlefield. A real Spartan puts there feelings aside for humanity and keeps up the fight. I may never make a real friend who I can just sit down and talk too, but that’s not my job. Its my job to follow orders and fight

she looked down at the floor, and sighed

then back up

“if you don’t want part of this operation that’s fine, I’m no rat I wont say anything, no a.w.o.l report or anything.”

She then stepped to the side allowing a runway to the exit

but just remember we wanted you here to be part of a team.”

Avery shook her head at the Spartans orders of him taking two of her team and going behind enemy lines.

“Listen, Delta. I don’t care what authority you can wave a stick at that gives you rank over me, I am not giving you two of my men.Crow is right in some ways, this isn’t my Op. But I refuse to send anyone alone with you. We fight as a team, us ODST’s, and I ain’t splitting us up on the orders of a Spartan”

She remained quiet while the Spartans argued, watching, trying to contain her own anger. Her dad had died trusting Spartans, the good ones, the Spartans that actually got stuff done. These ones seemed to care more about fighting each other then the enemy. ‘No wonder dad refused to let me join the Spartan Program’

When they were silent, she moved. She went straight up to Delta, and wanted to slap him, expect he was wearing his helmet and that would hurt her more then it would him.

“Listen screwball. You want to help your friend, use your head! She’s in hospital, and if she’s anything like me, she’d be ashamed to watch yo act like this. You’re acting like that rick kid that demands everything, then has a fit when their coffee is 2 degree too cold. Buck up and act like the Spartan you should be. And you wanna go call down a MAC strike on top of you, then go! None of us are stopping you” The nodded her head, and the team’s sniper opened up the back door “Jump out now and you’ll probably drop into the middle of the enemy forces’s left flank, you’ll get your solo one man army movie, and probably die. Then you’ll leave her alone in a hospital. Now go Spartan, get out there and do your job you’re so adamant is arguing for, go! You don’t need us” She yelled the last part, losing her temper at him. She even had started to raise her rocket launcher at him. She turned her back, and towards Crow.

“Sorry..I just, I can get worked up. It’s, complicated. But just let the fool go, he’ll find out soon enough he’s not truly a Spartan. I’ve meet them, and only one is alive now” she said on her radio to Crow and her team, through her helmet. A comn she’d put into Crow, but Sky wouldn’t be able to hear her. She presumed he’d leave, just like he wanted to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the hospital, the ONI agent was looking at Midnight. Her bones were barely put back together, and the tissue scaring would never truly leave her. He wondered, what happened to her that almost broke her body, and how was her mind still in one piece after it?

“Sir, what are you proposing we do to her? Her Genetics don’t synergies with the Spartan V project, it’ll be a waste of resources” said one of his troops.

I see. What do we have?”

“We have augementations from the Mark 3’s to the Mark 4’s, plus a full fit for Mark 5, and, a full Mark 2 kit. ”

“Good. It is suffienient. Prepare to inject her with Mark 2 augmentations”

“Mark 2 Sir? But, they were meant for children whose bones were barely developed”

“Look at her bones Corporal, they are broken. I’d guess they’ve got the integrity of a childs, if less. After that, inject her with the muscular strength enhances in the areas that have tissue damage, and Mark 4 where there is no damage. Along with that, finish the treatment with Mark 2 and 5 combined”

“Sir, this combining, it’s, undone before”

“If she survives this, she’ll be as strong as a Mark 2, as fast as a 2 and 3 put together. She’ll be the leader for the new race of Spartans”

A new breed of Spartans sir?

“Yes, Spartan 6’s”

“And, her mental state sir?”

She is expendable, if her body survives the treatment, that’s all that matters. Her mind is probably already broken, but, in case she survives. Contact my ship, and say we need a power generator, a new suit...And a list of suitable canadates for the link of an A.I. might be able to stop her mind from breaking, for a bit”

(Hey :P Thats cruel, Mark 6? All of them combined? Trying to make Midnight OP lol :P)

Sky would listen as the ODST got at him. Sky knew what she was saying, that he would be no use to Midnight dead. He agreed. If he was dead, he could not help her, though at the moment their was nothing he could do anyway. He would sigh as she said taht he would not be getting any help from the ODST. He would sigh as Avery finished her rant. "Maybe i will die, and i dont plan on calling the MAC strike on my location. I want to set up a over watch, and i cant do it alone. I need help from somebody..." Sky would say before falling to the ground. He was basically crying inside his helmet. He knew all of what Avery said was true, at this moment anyway. Before now, before he knew Midnight was alive, this would have been a walk in the park. He would have had no distractions, no thoughts, no real cares to make him hesitate, he would have just dropped, won and left. But now, now that he knew Midnight was alive all these other feeligns were starting to conflict with his ability to fight, starting to distract him. He had already nearly died via plasma grenade due to this, when Midnight had been taken by Thel. Sky would then hear Rose say something. What he heard would only make him feel worse.

“Sorry..I just, I can get worked up. It’s, complicated. But just let the fool go, he’ll find out soon enough he’s not truly a Spartan. I’ve meet them, and only one is alive now”

With that all of Skys resolve was gone. He no longer knew why he had decided to come with these guys, he didnt know why he was even here at all. Sky would shed a tear before standing up and walking to the end of the ramp. Down below he could see what looked like a landing zone for armor. Sky would look back before leaning forwards, and straight off the Pelican.

As sky was falling his thoughts would rush through his head, thoughts about why he had done all this, his reason for fighting this whole time, they were all cnfusing now. Sky would free fall until he was about two metres off the ground, that would use evade to initiate a roll, causing the land to only take a quarter of his shields out. Sky would look arund, and all around him was UNSC troops shocked at what they had seen. Sky would see a Warthog, mini gun variant, in the back without anyone on it, yet. "Im commandeering this warthog" Sky would say as he walked over to it and jumped in the driver seat. Sky would sigh again as he ignited the engine, and hit the pedal. He was driving full speed towards the hospital. He needed to see if she was all right, he needed to know.

Avery watched Delta jump out of the Pelican. It was extremely stupid, but he was a Spartan, he'd survived. She took her helmet off, looking at Crow.

"Sorry about that, but he heard what he needed to hear. He is distracted by his friend, he heads onto the battlefield like that, he'll die. What i did wasn't nice, but it saved his life" she explained to Crow, and cause her helmet was off, it wouldn't go into her radio.

The back door closed, and the Pelican flew towards the front lines.

"Spartan, you want to join us charge the enemy armour? We've going to make a straight bee-line for it, and we wouldn't object to your support"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the Hospital, the ONI agent nodded. Everything was ready, and the doctor walked up to him.

"S-sir, I can't agree to this!"

"Then don't, but the facts are the same. You have no authority anymore. Leave, I have an operation to start" He gets the doctor to leave, and he watched Midnight. In his mind, this was the go to, the step forwards. All but 1 Mark 5 had failed, so they needed more Spartans. Ones that didn't fail due to genetics. If she survived, then it would be the step forwards in making a new level of Spartans.

"Don't call me unless you have no choice, no leave me. It is time, time for this one to get upgraded!"

Sky would gun the engine towards the hostpital, the whole while his mind was spinning. Why? Why was this distracting him so much. Sure, she was dying, though he had been through that before, and all that had happened was sky letting it slip. Sky did not want to let this slip, though his combat instinct was yelling him he had to. Sky would just shed a tear as he kept gunning the engine, doing his best to stop himself being flooded in thoughts, though he was failing.

As sky arrived at the hospital he would jump out of the jeep and activate his comms. "What floor is she on" Sky would ask the docter as he walked inside and towards the elevator. Sky would feel all his thoughts vanish as a new one appeared. 'Something is up'. Sky knew that somethign was happening, but he didnt know how he knew. Sky would regain his combat able self as he readied himself. He was going up the stairs or the elavator, which depended on the floor.

The doctor heard his radio go off, The Spartan!!

He had no idea what to do, did he say that she was in the 50th floor about to be upgraded by an ONI agent, or did he lie and say the 20th floor? Both was lose lose for Midnight, and he didn't want to face a Spartans wraith.

"S-she, shes on the 50th floor, Room 78. She's... under the orders of an O.N.I agent. You never heard it from me" He said, turning his radio off and moving away from that room as fast as he could. He didn't want to be close when the Spartan arrived.

Crow sighed and shook her head

“your right. thanks for helping me with that. Ive never been good with words. …better with guns. Allright! Lets drop! Im going to go for the first vehicle I see. And work my way up from there. Do we have any heavy weapons besides your rockets? Lazers? Rocket pods?”

she said ready to complete her mission. she intended on taking out the anti air wraiths fast. then it would be a easy campaign to mop up anything that survives the gun ships

Sky would listen to where he was told. The location did not bother him, the other bit did. 'A O.N.I agent?' Sky would think, before realizing what was happening. Sky was pretty angry, and he was also fficially in a hurry. Sky knew that these stairs led straight up, and so did the elavator. Sky would open the doors of the elevator and punch in the 50th floor. The elavator would rocket upwards. Sky was glad that this was one of the newer faster ones. After four minute sky would reach the floor he wanted to be on. Sky would open the doors and walk straight towards the door where Midnight was, Room seventy eight. His foot steps could be heard. Currently sky had regained his combat sense, if these guys caused trouble he was prepared to put them down. Sky would also know that if forced to the worst he could do was knock out, though that would be enough.

Amanda Avery smiled when the Spartan said they were ready to drop in. That was what she wanted to hear!

"You're my Spartan! We've got a team of warthogs go get us there. We'll breach the left side that our ground forces will make for us, hit the Armour, then leave the marines to clear up the infantry units. And for heavy weapons, we've got some C-12, grenades, 2 Guass hogs and a rocket hog. Been trying to get a Spartan lazer for years now, but always get rejected cause i'm 'not a spartan'" Avery complained.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Hospital, the O.N.I officer turned around, facing the door. A Spartan was coming this way, he'd seen him on the cameras. He had ordered his men to lower their weapons, but instead, prepare all the injections. He faced the door, a pistol on his hip and a clipboard in his hands. He knew how to handle this spartan, how couldn't he? He had created Delta after all. He had ordered his men to start the computers programming the moment the Spartan showed agression. But he hoped he wouldn't show it. After all, wouldn't he want the Spartans to grow, of all people?

Sky would keep walking fowards. He was still pretty mad though when he saw the person standing their, it would change to confusion. Standing right their, was the director, the current leader of the Spartan program. Sky would wonder, was he the one behind this?. Sky would shrug ff that thought as he walked straight up to him, then looked at him.

"So, Director. Please tell me you are not turning my friend into a spartan, you already know how dangerous the procedure was, i have been the ONLY survivor" Would be the first words that left skys mouth, he would then say "Im going in" as he took step towards the door, which was the only thing seperating him from Midnight.

The director smiled at Sky as he entered the room. But when he declared he was going in, he finally spoke.

"You walk in there, and she dies" He said simply, without batting an eyelid.

He turned to Sky

"It's been too long Sky, I'm sorry, It's Delta now isn't it? You changed your name so many times I'm having trouble keeping up. Still, it seems you are as effective as ever. I take it the enhancements are to your liking?" He said, trying to stir up casual conversation, with the threat of Midnight's death looming in the air.

When the Director said that, sky would stop. He knew that he would not lie about that, at least, he hoped not, if he was then sky knew a problem would form. "To you its Delta, to her its Fox, the friend who would do anything for her. Tell me what you are doing to her. You normally would not be so protective over a normal implantation, no, something is up" Sky would say. The worry, fear and emotion could be heard in his voice, and it was obvious he was worried.

"What's this hostility for Delta? Everything I've done to you has made you better. And you're right Delta, this one is special. Her body is broken beyond the repair of normal men. And this is more then a normal implantation. She is going to be greater then you ever were Delta. A Spartan 6! Using the technology of all the previous generation of Spatans. I will create a warrior that will be better then any before her"

He turned to face Delta "That, or my operation proves too much for her and she dies. Either way, she is the starting point for the 6th evolusion in the Spartan army... After your bunch failed"

He walked straight up to Delta, looking up at him, but knowing he had all the cards to play

"Tell me, would she not be surperiour, better, like you are now? What I did to you, I can do to her tenfold. Is that not right?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pelican landed, and the ODST's filed out. They waited for the Spartan to pick her ride.

"Thunder! You're the Spartan's gunner, and i'll be your passanger. The rest of you, load up, we don't have forever" Ordered Avery.

A giant ODST, easily Crows height and twice her width, walked up to her. In his hands was a Minigun, the one you typically see on the back of Warthogs.

"Captain Thunder Spartan, heavy firepower and brute force of Titan, an honour"

Sky would relize what was going on. "Your using her for experiments? NO, she hates the spartans, if she wakes to find she is a cyborg killer who has been Frankensteined she will kill herself. Her wounds, i know are to great to heal, but sir, their is no way she can survive this. Please dont do this, please. Do the mark five surgery on her, she actually stands a chance at surviving then. Please, I have always done what you asked, almost died countless times though none of that is as hard as losing her again, please.......dont make me go through that again" Sky would say as he started to beg. He would take his helmet off to revile a face stained of tears, and more running down. He was worried, he knew this would kill her, he knew he had to try to change it.

The director looked at Delta break before him, begging, crying, completely breaking down, in order to protect that ODST. He pondered, and eventually came to a conclusion.

"You say she'll kill herself. Delta, yet you are willingly to risk Mark 5 treatment on her. I'll make you a deal, If you refuse, my surgury goes ahead. You will obey every order I give you to the letter, you will not question me ever again. And let me make it clear, the minisecond you break any of these orders, she comes back here and I give her the Mark 6 treatment. And finally, as added secruity, an A.I and Spartan armour are being brought here for her. They will be under my control. Any objections, Delta?"

Crow jumped in the driver seat and turned back to thunder she nodded

honor’s mine! She turned to avery “I like him! Lets go!

she hit the engine and headed off following her radar. Soon enough riding thru the city they saw some brute choppers “ONE WHO GETS THE LEAST KILLS STANDS QUARTERDECK DUTY!”

Crow rammed the first chopper from the side sending it flying and toppling over the motorcycle like vehicle and pretty much skinning the brute against the rode

The warthog skidded but Crow regained control; and gassed she went side by side with 2 choppers and lined it up for some easy shooting for Thunder

“they can only shoot forward! Who make a vehicle like that!”

"Two, both help you. One. I would also like to let Rose have access to the armor. This way i will be able to help keep her safe. My other one is that i will follow your orders, you tell me to take out a covey squad i will do it, though i am doing it my way. These are not to much to ask are they?" Sky would say. His tone would stay respectful, though you still could hear the worry. "And director, maybe if she proves herself, you can release her" Sky would also say respectfully.

Avery used her rockets, hitting one of the choppers when Thunder butchered the third. When the Spartan asked the obvious Question, Thunder let out a might laugh worthy of his large size.

"Trust me, the day we understand that brutes are brainless animals, is the day we wonder how they even built these things" He said.

Avery nodded her head "Brutes aren't bright, wouldn't surprise me that they did made it like that"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No. Rose will not enter her armour, unless the A.I I issue in there is damaged or removed beforehand, or express permission given by me. And I will let you know what you can do as you wish, and where you must follow my orders to the letter"

He turned and looked at Midnight through the glass.

"That is a no, Delta. She gave me the idea of the 6th Spartan. She will be the first, unless I find another more suitable. But, I will proceed with the Mark 5 Augementations, and you better hope I find another person to try the 6th on."

In the room, the Augementations for the Spartan 5 project was set up. He turned to Delta

"She's awake, barely. If you have anything you need to tell her, do it now, cause once this operation starts, it won't end until either she does, or becomes a spartan"

"I meant let rose have remote access to the armor. And mark six is still a possibility, i just hope you can achieve it without doing what you did the the mark fives." Sky would say before walking into the room and next t Midnight. "You ok?" He would say as he reached her side.

Midnight felt some control on her body, and tried to breath barely getting any air in. She saw, something, beside her. She couldn't make it out, but, it had to be.

"F-foxy" she said weakly, almost coughing the word out "What...What's, happening?"

"Y....your dying....the only way to save you is to give you spartan implants...they are making you a M5, i just hope..." Sky would stp their. He didnt need t finish the sentence and make it worse, he knew it was a one in one thousand chance she would survive, though sky knew she was strong...and that she had the strength nessaassary to survive. He did, why wouldnt she?

Midnight didn't reply, opting to silence when she was told that in order to survive, she'd been to become a Spartan. She didn't know how to respond to that.She hated Spartans, she truly hated how unhuman they were, and yet, if she wanted to live, she needed to join them.

The look of anger was clear on her face "F-fine, make me into one of you" she said to him.

'Steal me of what's left of my humanity' she thought to herself.

"Are you done Delta? We are starting now, regardless if you're finished or not"

"Im....sorry Midnight...when you wake up il tell you the whole story" Sky would say to her before standing up and walking back to where the director was. "I need to talk to you about a few things, though answer this. Are you going to give me access to her armor? At least until she learns how to use it herself"

Archived