The ODST showed Crow the medical kit. It wasn't as extensive as others, but it did contain a Chest tube, bag valve mask and a needle decompression kit. The ODST also pulled out a pain-killer injection from his uniform. If what he thought the Spartan was planning to do happened, they would need it inject that as well.

"Here you go spartan. Your training is probably better than mine, i'm only a field medic. Patch ponies up while being shot at, this isn't something i'm familar with dealing"

"Roger that Delta 226. We're moving as fast as we can, ETA 8 minutes. What's the status on the injured ODST? Medics on board want to know what they're dealing with" said the pilot of the Pelican as she flew it to the landing zone.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky would beg taht Crow knew waht she was doing, he didnt want the situation to become worse. Sky would hear the pelicans askign what the status of Midnight was. Sky would look at her. He didnt know what to tell them, so he decided to say "Broken bones, grav hammer wounds, she is having trouble breathing" Sky would say before sighing. He hoped she would survive.

Crow took a deep breath and quickly but calmly set her materials out before her.

pay attention ill show you how to do this.” She said to anyone who wanted to learn

“first we gotta take her armor off to take a look at her lungs and chest. I’m more used to Spartan armor can you help me dissemble this?” she asked an odst

they worked together and took her chestplate off and Crow cut her shirt off and put her ear up to her chest and felt it.

her lungs are clearly crushed only one’s working.” She pulled out the needle kit and uncapped it. The skin on the right side of her chest looked like it had air stuck underneath it, and this was exactly what was happening

one lung Is working overtime to compensate. We need to pierce it to relieve the pressure.” She said as she felt for along her ribs and found a spot over her lung

she then pierced the needle into her body and a rush of air was heard

bet that feels a lot better doesn’t it. Most people think of the lungs as balloons, but really there more like a sponge, what we did was just kind of wring out the extra water so it can work again.” She said as she finished the procedure and withdrew the needle.

now we gotta clean out the other lung just try to relax.” She pulled out the chest tube and a scalpel that came with the kit. She then felt along the rib spaces of her collapsed side and found the spot, on the 5th rib. “were going to stick this in there to act as a suction and incubation." And with that she sliced past her skin and peirced the thin layer off muscle. For this next part she took off her armor gloves so she could feel easier. She put her finger in the hole, and there was still some connective tissue left, she went back to work with the scalpel and tried again this time able to stick her finger all the way thru. “hang in there,” she said as she slid the chest tube into her body. Crow watched the end of the clear tube carefully and saw some mist form at the end. She pointed it out “see that means we hit our target, the lung” Crow then took off her chest plate and set the airflow to reverse, creating a suction she rigged it to the tube and soon all the excess blood that was in her chest cavity was being drained buying her more time.

whoo. O.k now for the easy part.” She Sky’s helmet and put on the bag valve mask, she then connected the oxygen flow to the mask giving her direct air flow rather than needing to take painful breaths. “just relax and focus , midnight we got you! hey wanna help me. Every 5 seconds squeeze the bag, the easiest way is to hold it against your leg and press like this” she demonstrated. The odst took over and did the simple task taking over her breathing for her.

Old crow felt midnight's pulse, it was weak but it would hold longer than before. She stood up and walked to Delta “she can make it if the pickup is on time. But we still need to get her to a hospital.” As she tried to shake the blood offer her hands

The Pelican Pilot relayed Delta’s information to the Medics onboard.

“Ok, we’re coming in now. We’re 2 minutes out” was the Pilot’s reply.

The Pelican, or in fact, 4 of them, landed around the Scarab. From the lead ship, 4 marines followed up a group of doctors and a stretcher ran out, quickly making their way to Crow.

They grabbed Midnight, put her on the stretcher, keeping Crow with them to keep Midnight stable, and got her into the Pelican.

The lead Marine walked up to Delta “Sir, we’re going to be headed straight to the hospital. Feel free to hop on the pelican if you wanna come back there. Otherwise, the other Pelicans are moving to clear up what remains of the Covies in the city. Your call” He said, before getting back in the Pelican.

"Im coming, im not letting her go through this alone again" Sky would say to the lead marine. He was not letting her die again. He would then turn and walk towards Crow and the ODST. "Crow, you can either lead these ODST in the clearing of the city, or you can come with me and watch over Midnight"

Crow helped midnight onto the stretcher and began answered all the medics questions, they were mostly about what she did to help her. The flight surgeon complimented her on her skills as he got his first look at her and Crow helped get her on to the stabilized surgical bed in the pelican.

She heard what sky said and thought for a second,

She knelt down a little and put midnights the back of midnight’s hand to her forehead and said

thank you great spirit, please stay with her, and keep her safe.”

She gently let go and stood up walking past Sky she said

“Delta, I’m going to help with the mop up, there’s not much else I can do here. May the great spirit guide you and give you strength.”

She held her hand out for a quick shake, she wanted to show him some respect and say goodbye properly in case they never saw each other again. which was a highly possible

its always possible with a spartan

One of the marines walked up to Crow “Ma’am, we’ve got a Covy stronghold hear the shopping district, along with another large force held up not far from the old military base. The final Covy outpost is pushing towards the housing districts, which is where the front line is. Civilian’s have been evacuated, but they covies have armour and are pushing hard. If possible, we’d like you to assist with that situation Ma’am, if they break past that line, then nothing is stopping them from hitting the hospital district, where many of the wounded from their attack are”

Sky would notice Crow say that she was going to go support the defense effort, as well as when she held out her hand for a shake. Sky would sigh, knowing why she had done that. They were Spartans, they were tough sobs to kill, but there was also always the possibility that this would be the last time that they ever spoke. Sky would extend a hand and meet the shake "Best of luck, if we see each other again we will need to catch up" And with that he would walk towards where Midnight was. He would then hear that the covey were attacking the hospital district. "Wait, is that where we are treating Midnight?" Sky would say. If that was true, then he would have no choice but to go to the front line if he wanted to be the most use. Sky would sigh, even though that was his best move he was staying with his friend, she needed help.

The marine looked at the other Spartan asking if the covies attacking where they were flying their pelicans.

"Not directly sir. They're currently in street-to-street battles and sieges, the Covies have a team of wraiths that are bombarding the area and ground forces are taking heavy fire. If they break through the housing district, then, in theory, their Wraiths will have the range to fire at the hospital areas, which is where that Pelican is going"

The Pelican's all turned around, preparing to take off.

"Spartans, if you both want to go to the front line, hop in this pelican with me, otherwise, go with your friend. The hospital district should be safe if just one of you goes, but if they push past, we'll need both of you"

"Sorry Midnight, but i have to help them out" Sky would say with a sigh. He knew what he wanted, to stay with Midnight, though he knew that he also wanted to keep her safe. Sky would walk over to her and grab his helmet, which the Medic had taken off. Sky would slide it onto his head as he looked at the doc "I am goign to help in the fight, keep me updated on her status" Sky would say before runnign towards the Pelican that was heading towards the front lines. He would look at Crow, then at the pelican "Whats the force we are dealign with? Numbers, positions, species, i need whatever we have"

The Pelican with Midnight in it takes off, heading towards the hospital district. The doctor promised to keep Delta updated.

The pilot of the Pelican that Delta and Crow were going to enter replies to Delta's question.

"It's mostly Brutes on the front line, that's the only reason they're being as aggressive as they are. Grunts and Jackals are also running amuck on the front. They've got AA wraiths, along with regular ones, in the back with teams of Ghosts hanging back. The Brutes have choppers on the front. We can drop you off as close to the front as I can without being shot down"

The Pilot shook her head as the Pelican takes off.

"Air support is a no-go, Covies have anti-air wraith, been picking Pelicans and Hornets off since they moved into position. As for Armour, you'll have to check what the ground forces have, all I know about it what's in the air"

Sky would sigh as he followed Crow to the armory. He would use his left hand to slide his left SMG out of its holster. Sky would hold it up before sighing again, then throwing it back to the ODST he had gotten it from. Sky would do the exact same with his right hand, drawing his smg, looking at it then throwing it. Sky would then use both hands to grab the Energy swords he had. Sky would think for a second, he had liked these through they werent his. Sky would sigh again as he put them both in the armory, that way he might use them again sometime. Before Sky picked up any weapons he would see out of the corner of his eye weapons lying on the ground. Sky would run over to them, and grin once he was there. Sky would see, right in front of him, that his own weapons had survived the crash. Sky would kneel down and pick up his assault rifle, sliding it onto his back with ease. He would then do the exact same with his sniper. Sky would then kneel down again, picking up both his Magnums at once. Sky would smile as he slid the Magnum in his right hand into the left holster this time, and he would slide the left hand magnum into the right holster. They didnt feel how he was used to, now they did. Sky would then run over to Crow and the pelican. "Ready"

The Pelican ushered Sky and Crow onboard, before taking off. On board, there was a team of ODST’s on board with them. The ODST’s looked at them, but it remained silent. Eventually, the lead ODST spoke up.

“Spartans, good to have you with us. We’re Titan squad, names Amanda Avery, the Sergeant of Titan. Hope you know what you’re getting in Spartan, this isn’t going to be a picnic” she said, grabbing her rocket launcher and loading it “We’re going straight for the AA-wraiths, take them down and let our air support roll in and take them out. Stay with us and you’ll be fine, we’ll cover you”

She loaded her battle rifle, then picked up her rocket launcher again, double checking it.

“We’re going to be pushing ahead of the regular army. I heard your friend is in the hospital district, I promise I’ll do what i can to hold them back”

Sky would listen to the ODST talking, well, more Avery. When he heard that they knew about his friend sky would sigh. He did not need any reminders that his friend was probably on life support right now, clinging to life. Sky hoped she would make it, he really did though he also knew that their was a possibility she wouldnt. "I wish to be dropped at the base of a building not at the front line, as far in enemy turf as you can get me. In a head on fight, we will lose. If i can get behind their lines i might be able to do more damage, all i need is a warthog at the base of the building" Sky would say. He would sigh, realizing he probably just confusded someone, though he didnt care. He knew what he was going to do. "If they break through the main lines, you call me before you call anyone else, understood?"

Avery looked confused at the Spartan, but nodded her head. She'd learn from her dad that no matter how crazy it sounded, a Spartan always had a plan. She banged her hand on the door to the pilot, and over the radio, the pilot's voice came in.

"I hear ya, well, umm, I can try. I'll contact the ground forces, see what i can organise for you" was her reply, before concentrating on flying the Pelican.

Back in the ship, Amanda noticed the discomfort the Spartan had when she mentioned his friend, and how it was obvious if the front line fell, he wanted to be able to save her. "She's special to you, ain't she? More then just a teammate, care to share the story?"

Back in the hospital district, Midnight had been rolled out of the Pelican and offically being held in room 53 on the 20th floor. However, a certain person had moved her to the 50th floor. The doctors had followed, protesting.

"But sir! You can't do this, not without her consent! She's barely alive, this operation you're proposing will kill her!"" He argued.

The man turned around, taking a smoke of his cigar "Listen to me doctor, this war had continued and we're running out of Spartans. The 4's and 5's are defective in their duties, and we need any we can get our hands on. That's why we agreed to set up our operation in your hospital"

"I know, but, this one is barely alive! If we administer it through her, the chance of survival is low"

"Then I hope you can heal her body in time, it looks very broken to me. You have 20 minutes Doctor, then we start the treatment, unless she is awake enough to protest"

Sky would blush under his helmet as the ODST said something about her being special to him. In truth, she was more then just a team mate to him. Sky had already felt this way once before, but it had been buried under tons of guilt for these past years, and now that she was back it had returned. "Sorry...I cant tell the details, lets just say we have been through hell and back together" Sky would say. He was worried about midnight though, he wanted to know how she was doing though he had not gotten any calls yet. "How is she doing doc?" Sky would call over the comm to the docter who had taken her. He was hoping her situation had improved.

Amanda didn't look satisfied. She shook her head.

"Can't, or won't? Two different things, and they both have stories of their own. But, dad always told me to trust ya Spartans, so I suppose I'll have to wait and see" She said, as the Pelican was getting close to the Forward-Operating-Base.

Back in the hospital, the Doctor hears his radio go off, with the Spartan on the other side! He picked it up.

"She's doing ok, she's been beaten and broken dozens of times from the looks of her bones and tissue scaring, but we should be able to keep her alive. She'll need time to recover though, these injuries shouldn't just vanish"

Crow was meditating it was a special trick she learned during from her parents before turning into a spartan. If she could get a nice place to sit and meditate for only about 5 minutes it would be the equivalent of her body getting at least 4 hours of sleep.

She opened her eyes after the sergeant introduced her self. And listened to her conversation with sky.

She wanted to say something but feared it would do little to ease or help the hard headed Spartan understand

She walked over to the sergeant and held her hand out

“nice to meet you sergeant. I am petty officer 1st class old crow ….yes my parents named me old … it’s a traditional buffalo name I guess. But non the less you can count on us. SO” she said rubbing her hands together “sounds like vehicular combat up ahead, my favorite! i'm a driver and a gunner, put me in something with wheels and you'll get a lot of dead aliens”

she listened tried to listen but couldn’t hear the doctors update on midnight. It didn’t matter, she was a tough one and would definitely survive.

so! Are we sticking to our plan or are we going to try delta’s …. Delta’s idea?”

Sky would listen to what the ODST was saying to him, and he would sigh once she finished. "Sorry, i...cant say" He would say again. It was true, not many UNSC people, even the commanders, knew about the Mark 5 success and about the same actually knew about his mission all those years back when he was still a ODST. Sky would sigh again, though he had a small smile on his face. She trusted him, thats good. Sky would then hear Crow introduce herself, and that would make sky grin. She had already said her name, and started a convo and it was hilarious in the way she was saying the first part. It seemed like the stubborn buffalo had gotten tongue twisted. He would then hear

“so! Are we sticking to our plan or are we going to try delta’s …. Delta’s idea?”

Sky would sigh before speaking up. He knew this issue had to be addressed.

"No 'We', I will get dropped where i said with a small team, the ODST's who were on the cruiser with me. Only two of them will accompany me though, the Medic and the Sniper. We will drive straight behind there lines and set up a small over watch. From their we can snipe, or call down a MAC blast with Pinpoint accuracy"

a small growl could be heard behind crows thick helmet she turned tot he avery and asked

"this is your mission, your call, do you aprove of him going essentially alone like that?" she turned to him and in a somewhat strained voice holding back the anger with disipline said

"going off like that weakens not only his own effectivness but ours, one team one fight, one objective, one victory."

Sky would get up and walk straight in front of crow. She was seeming angry, angryer then he thought she would be. When she said that this was 'Avery's' mission he would sigh. "I dont think their is any way you can stop me Crow, and a small team can do better jobs then just 'Winning a battle' head on. You think its easy for me to be here? Right now, i would rather be at that hospital making sure she is ok, but i chose to come and help you guys win this fight. Put yourself in my shoes, would you rather be where you are now, or would you rather that your best friend, someone you have walked through HELL AND BACK WITH is lying and DYING in a hospital without anyone she knows, or anyone who actually cares about her fully? To HELL if i die doing this, at least i know i did my best trying to SAVE HER and EVERYONE ELSE THEIR"

Crow stood up straight and looked down slightly at sky

“save your anger for the alien’s”

she put her hand out gestering for everyone else to stay calm and stay out of the way

she needs a trained doctor not warrior, there’s nothing you could of done for her there exept sit outside a surgical b.a.s waiting. Unless you know how to do a surgery … I don’t know I never got to read your files remember.”

She took a deep breath trying to expel some of her own anger

“if you and me were able to take down a whole battalion with a scarab just think of what we can do to a simple armor division. I want to take these things out just as fast maybe even more so than you."

" I freaked out a little I’m sorry. I just don’t want you to make bad decisions because of your stress. If I was in your shoes I would realize my my own stress level and remove my own rage from the equation. I would take a breath and remember Everything happens for a reason."

Archived