Equestria's War (private)

Killjoy

Not far away from the town, Moonshield sprang up from a river that ran out of town, gasping for breath. He had jumped in the river and swam downstream just as the bombardment began. He crawled into land and checked himself. He wasn't injured or wounded, and didn't lose any equipment in the river. He made his way towards the rest of the forces who were leading the civilians towards Canterlot.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Wait how'd Moonshield go into the river?))

The chopper hovered close to the ground, Fox hopped out slinging his rifle, he headed towards Firestorm and stopped a couple paces away. "This attack was planned weeks in advance, the assailant was from within ponyville, we were betrayed."

((He jumped in when the bombardment began to get away. It was just a way for me to get him away from town since I didn't make a post about it earlier))

Moonshield looked over the civillians and the other soldiers before approaching Fox as he was leaving the chopper. "It was Slipknot. He walked into town and dropped a flare so that the human forces knew where to attack. His betryaed his entire race!" Moonshield spat as he threw the dead flare on the ground.

Fox crossed his arms, he didnt like the fact the humans were dead set on claiming Equestria, and at this rate there wont be anything left for either side. "I would suggest we start our own choas on their fronts, slow their operations down and halt their entire movement." He suggested easily.

"They're technology is unlike anything we've ever seen. That's why they've been able to plow right through us. We need to level the playing field somehow. Also, we don't know how much information Slipknot is giving them, he needs to be silenced before the humans learn anything that could turn the scales even farther in their favor." Moonshield said, looking over his gear.

Firestorm stepped off the chopper. "I know all this...the matter of who is what I'm interested in." he said looking at Moon "I'm guessing by your tone...this a pony that you know. Moon, you will tell me everything you know about this Slipknot." he said as he watched the destruction unfold on PonyVille "Because we are going to hunt him down..and make him scream." he said in an angered tone. Firestorm was going to make sure that this traitor pays for his crime in blood...and lots of it.

Moonshield nodded. "Slipknot is a royal spy who worked directly for the Princesses. Soon after the portal opened, and shortly before the invasion occured, he was sent through to the human realm. I'm guessing he was caught and offered something for basically burning his own home to the ground. During the invasion he was stationed in Manehatten and would relay messages between them and Canterlot, so there is also the possibility of his purposely changing information causing the humans to take the advantage." Moonshield was able to restrain his own fury while talking about Slipknot. He learned at a very young age and through much experience that not controlling your emotions will kill you.

Firestorm scoffed "I think if that was true...our asses wouldn't be getting pounded every minute of this war...their tech seems to be the balancing factor to our magic." he said with a sigh.

"Anyways, we could always try and see if the princesses know anything about Slipknot. He worked for them directly after all." Moonshield said as he reached into his pocket and pulled his soggy, wet cigarettes out and dropped them on the ground with a despaired sigh.

Firestorm pulled out his sealed metal case full of Cigars and waved it at Moon "They aren't Cigarettes, but they do the job none the less." he said flipping the lip and pulling one out for himself and Moon. "Here." he said lighting his cigar and handing out the other to Moon.

"Thanks." Moon said, lighting it. He exhaled the smoke, feeling a much better feeling that he would smoking a cigarette. "So what's the plan now, Firestorm? Slipknot is a time bomb right now, and we don't know how long it will be before it blows up in our faces."

Firestorm puffed on his cigar for a moment "I actually don't know...I'm no accustom to losing so I'm going to need some time to think of a plan...hopefully we can reclaim whats left of Ponyville. We will have to make our movements to where it wouldn't matter if the humans knew about it or not..." he said sucking in deeply and exhaling a large cloud of smoke.

Blackwing would approch the group. Right now his thoughts were messed up, why? Why call a arty on a town? Blackwing was pissed though as normal he showed no emotion. "Why?" Would be the only word he would say as he reached Firestorm

Moonshield watched in the distance as the refugees entered the city safely. He let out a sigh of relief knowing they were now in good hands...for now anyways. He thought about the mare he had rescued not long ago. It was only a few moments, but it felt like hours he spent staring into her eyes. He shook his head after being lost in thought for so long, refocusing and taking another drag of the cigar.

Firestorm was now glaring at Blackwing "are you blind sergeant...did you not see that our forces were completely demolished? If you haven't noticed the humans were advancing to Canterlot through Ponyville. If I hadn't called down the artillery on the town, We would all be dead. I did what's right by sacrificing the possible stragglers for the safety of our now last city. Any other questions you would like to ask?" his voice was stern as he walked up to Blackwing "or do you wish to lecture me about ethics and morals sergeant?"

Blackwing would look Fire in the eye. He did not scare Blackwing in the slightest. "Im going" Blackwing would say as he had noticed the arty had stopped. He was goign to see if any pony survived, who knows a few might have had bunkers that kept them alive. Blackwing really hoped so.

Firestorm grabbed grabbed Blackwing by the back of his Vest "No you aren't, you're coming with us to Canterlot. You'll just be getting yourself killed, take a look." he said pointing off behind the city, a massive force of infantry and tanks were approaching the fallen town. "It's a fool's errand, stop trying to be a hero...because there aren't any in war." he said sternly "We already lost enough in this war. Plus by some miracle you succeed in getting them out...you will be tailed by gunships to our location and we all die anyway." Firestorm let go "start using your head..." he said as he turned around and started to walk towards Canterlot.

Blackwing would hear the captains words. He was right in almost every way. It was not a suicide mission if he didnt die. Blackwing knew that he had to help them, though he also knew that the best way for him to do that was to get another too help him do it. Blackwing would turn around and he would walk straight past Firestorm. He was heading for canterlot. "Ambush" He would say, telling Firestrorm what he was goign to do.

Fox had to admire the Sergeants bravery and determination, but even a Non-commissioned Officer should know better than to walk into no-mans land. Though Corporal Fox couldnt say much since he was in no-mans land half the time anyways. "Your intentions are pure Sergeant, but your commanding Officer just told you not to go, i doubt hes asking you."

Archived