From the Ashes, I Rise Against

NamelessTrax

Devil raised an eyebrow. "So you're saying we should intentionally invoke Killjoy's insanity?" He heard the stories of Killjoy attempting to kill his father several times, and wasnt sure if he was content with setting her off on purpose.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radz looked at Devil "yes...she would be able to cut down anything in her path, it would pretty much give us a clear path out. Though for this to truly succeed...she has to be pissed off, just triggering her insanity is great, but what if Black rolls in...no, we need her pissed. So...who wants to volunteer being bait?" she asked

Dawn stepped in quickly, "Hold on a minute, no-pony wants this escape to happen more than I do, but we cant just waltz in there with Blackstar and Echo on guard. We'll all be dead before we even see the entrance to the dungeon. My father taught me to be patient even in the most stressful situations, He would have us wait for the enemy to get too comfortable with its position then we'd use stealth too complete the mission. I say we wait for Blackstar to loosen his grip around them and then we slid them out and away." She explained in a fast yet calm way.

Radz looked at Dawn "that is why I said that we need to work on this plan, this plan will take months of practice and tweaking. I'm not just going to let these bats just go in like there isn't anything to worry about." she replied quite annoyed that he would even question her. "in the mean time, I was thinking of gathering people to our cause to reclaim Canterlot."

Radz nodded "that is exactly what we are going to do, though we must do this in secret...any knowledge of the rebellion can spell trouble for us. Black must not know of this." she said sternly and with authority "if word gets out, consider the princesses dead."

"Think about it, why would he kill any of them now? If he really was going to he would have done so already. My father told me stories about the chosen five and their glory days, and from what I learned, Blackstar will keep anything of value to him." Dawn explained to them reassuringly.

"And he also knows that they are of high value to us, He can and most likely will use the princesses as leverage for us to submit. we can't have him getting any ideas." Radz countered. "this all stays secret."

"Then we appoint leaders among the ponies we recruit, they'll be the faces of the rebellion while we organize in the shadows." Dawn explained to the rest of them, she smiled inside feeling like she and Radz were making a great team.

Killjoy sat in her cell not doing in particular, she looked through the hole in the wall at Luna "I-I've been thinking...about when we get out. I was thinking...I wanna do it." she said quietly. Luna raised an eyebrow "do what exactly?" she asked "what is IT?". Killjoy was silent for a moment "I...I want to...you know...maybe...go public...Married." she said in a hush tone feeling very embarrassed. It was a horrible proposal, actually the worst Luna has ever seen, but this was Killjoy after all, so she took it. Luna's eyes watered "If only I knew that throwing us both in a dungeon would make you propose, I would have done it years ago..." she smiled "I will marry you Red Veil."

Radz nodded "So it's settled, start a rebellion, distract Black with the war, sneak into Canterlot, take back out leaders." she looked at everyone "is that all clear?"

Mephisto nodded. "It's settled then. I knew we were lucky to have you with us, Radz" he said before he closed up the map and vanished.

Soul weakly sat in his cell, Twilight leaning her head on his shoulder. "Twilight....if we don't make it, please just know that...." Twilight cut him off and put her hoof on his lips before kissing him. "I love you too, Soul. Even in our darkest hour, I am honored to be by your side."

Dawn flourished with exitement, sge was anxious to get her family back together and rid this world of Blackstar once and for all. "Well when do we start?"

Shadow lay in the makeshift bed inside his cell, his eyes still faded with hardly a glint of color, but one thought crossed his mind. "Mother?" He called out faintly. A white ghostly inage appeared by the bed side, (you only see her the back of her) the image then faded away from the cell.

Radz looked at silverthorn "you...I want you to start finding ponies to aid in our cause. Once we get started, we can expand and do some "work" to get resources in so we won't be fighting with pitchforks. We are looking for anyone who does not go for the highest bidder. Criminals are a good place to start, they already know how to get income from dirty work so they could be our finance experts in the black market and other illegal activities that turn up a profit. Next we need able bodies to fight" She then turned to the training room. "and hopefully with the resources we earn, we can get weapons to arm them with. We scraping the bottom of the barrel to the top, hopefully by the end of this process, we will have an army.I will see that our fighters are trained like the Nightwatch, they will be elite soldiers and prove successful on the battlefield once the time comes. we are also going to need a much larger place than this soon, I need someone to handle that. We are in for months of hard work. Get to it!" She barked out now taking charge.

Dawn marveld in awe at how this mare could take charge lime that, Radz just became Dawns idol. "Yes Ma'm!" She said hurrying off.

Meanwhile in ponyville, a group of undead are chasing a wounded pegasus, his cutie mark resembled that of a hawk with crossed swords behind it. Azure Blade, son of lieutenant Cobalt Blade, escapes after assassinating an undead captain.

(Theres your first recruit and possible face of the rebellion, and soon to be Dawns coltfriend.))

Silverthorn nodded and gathered her gear, preparing to depart. Devil stopped her before she exited the sanctuary. "Wait....I'll go with you, Silver." He said, strapping his sword to his side. "Are you sure, Devil?" she asked. Devil nodded. "I won't hide in here forever, I'm going to make my father proud." Silver smiled at him. "Let's get to it then."

Radz pulled out a cigarette; Killjoy gave her a sack full of them, she even taught Radz how to make her own. Radz never used one before, but now it seems that the bag might be empty within the week. She used her magic to lite the cigarette up and inhaled the smoke. She felt her nerves slowly ease and stress was starting to disappear. "No wonder why Killjoy had a bunch of these..." she said to herself and puffed more smoke. She looked around the place and sighed "this is going to be a long hard road..." she mumbled walking out of the room.

Devil and Silver were some distance from the sanctuary, heading in the direction of Ponyville. "We can still get there before the town is too heavily overrun. There is bound to be some able bodied fighters there." Devil said.

Setting: Ponyville

The town was on a somewhat normal day, except the mood was solemn and down, patrols of undead soldiers walked the streets as thw ponies tried to complete their day to day rituals. Azure sat in the pub with a hood over his face, the waiter only served him non-alcoholic cider since he was still under age.

A cloaked pony walked in, he was quiet large. Though he was wearing a cloak, the sound of steel clanking could be heard with every step. The pony sat down a stool away from Azure and put a large pack down. "hey Barkeep, give me the strongest you got...give me the bottle." he said putting a few gold coins on the counter. The bartender gave him a bottle of hard liquor along with a shot glass. He reached for the bottle and the armored glove shined in the light. He looked at the shot glass and set aside and he just opened the bottle and took a swig.

Thunderstrum didn't look at him "it's in both our interests that you don't hear the sound...just forget you heard anything under this cloak." he said coldly as he took another swig.

In the back of the room, a large cloud of pipe smoke rose. Another hooded pony was propped up against the wall, leaning back in his chair with his hind hooves on the table. He watched the two ponies at the bar through his hood.

A squad of undead soldiers walked in, the pub silenced a little but then picked up the noise again. Azure glanced over his shoulder, "looks like we have company, if we head over to that table over there with that smoker when escape a weapons check." He said as hinted to the table with the hooded stallion smoking. The undead began looking at any ponies who were alone.

Archived