From the Ashes, I Rise Against

NamelessTrax

Blood followed the group as they headed towards Canterlot. Eventually they passed through Ponyville, and Devildriver immediately ran to his father. "What happened?" he asked, noticing his father's wounds and his uncle, whom he had barely seen, heavily wounded. "Devil, stay with your mother, tell her I'm alright but I have to go to Canterlot." Before Devildriver could protest, Blood had already carried on with the group. After more travel, they finally reached the gates of Canterlot.

Soul and Twilight entered the throne room and saw Luna and Killjoy. "The refugees are here, Princess Luna." Twilight said.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Good, send the leaders in, we want to know everything at once." Luna ordered. Killjoy looked grim, Luna noticed her face "Red...whats wrong?" she asked. Killjoy sighed "It's been 12 years..." was she said. Luna knew exactly what she was talking about fore she remembered the indecent where Killjoy completely lost control and could not tell from friend or foe as she tried to even Kill Bloodline. If Luna hadn't been near the Library...A lot of ponies would have died.

((Remember Metal, Let blood be pretty traumatized by the event still, drama and all that))

Shadow strode into the palace, his crown was burnt and dented and his cloak torn and ripped, "We must prepare Canterlot for war, Blackstar has returned and his power is stronger than it was 18 years ago, he wont stop till he has all of Equestria." He announced to them as he came through the doors and started toward them, bowing slightly to show courtesy. White followed five paces back, his eye widening as he looked around the chamber and rested on the princesses. Celestia gave a slight bow in return even though she thought his entrance could be more subtle but his message was clear. "Luna, what do think?" She asked her younger sister.

Blood stood next to Shadow, glancing over to Killjoy and staring at her. He hadnt forgot her mental breakdown many years ago, and he still harbored a bit of resentment towards her for it. His thoughts were interrupted by Soul and Twilight approaching him. "Are you alright?" Soul asked him, and Blood simply nodded.

Luna shook her head and looked to Killjoy "It's her who you be asking, she knows more about war than any of us here. Killjoy...what do we do?" she asked. Killjoy was focused on blood, the look in her eye was the most unsettling, As the memories raced toward her eye began to twitch, Horrific images flashed along with demonic whispers echoing in her mind telling her to destroy. Killjoy couldn't help her right eye from twitching uncontrollably. It seemed the memories were bringing back the horrible mental influences. Luna was starting to get concerned "Killjoy!" she said more loudly. Killjoy heard Luna's voice and snapped out of it. "uh...If what Shadow says is true...we should be on the offensive and strike before Black gets anymore advantages." she said as put her hoof on her head. Luna closed her eyes and sighed "Shadow, I have no doubt we will need your help on this." she said Implying that Killjoy might not be handle herself."We will give you time to recover, once that time is done, make sure you are combat ready."

Blood noticed a figure in the back of the throne room, and it didnt take long for him to recognize it. "Devildriver! I told you to stay out of this!" Devil revealed himself and approached his father. "I'm not going to let Blackstar destroy Equestria dad! I want to help!" Soul looked over the young bat pony. "You taught him everything you know about fighting, Blood. He will be a valuable resource." Blood glared at Soul for a moment before sighing. "Fine." He finally said, and Devil joined the group, hiding a satisfied feeling within him.

"Yes Princess, Canterlot has my sword." Shadow tipped his head in thanks. He then motioned for White to step forward, the young colt was hesitant but came to stand before the princesses. "When Blackstar attacked us, he used a dark spell on my son, giving him a wired marking and electrical sparks around his body. Please, see if you can find anything?" Shadow asked of the princesses, White looked up at them with a bright sparking blue eye, his right eye still covered by bandage. Celestia peered down at him to examine the mark and the sparks of electricity that occasionally went off. "Yes, we will have a look at him." She said nodding her head, Shadow dipped his head in thanks.

(( sooo my time on the phone will be limited to after 7 pm and will probably taken away tomorrow or wendsday :( ))

Blood looked at Shadows two children. Because he and Shadow barely saw each other anymore, he never really got a chance to really know his niece and nephew. He still had a feeling they were good ponies, they were Shadow's kids after all. "I'd say you and Echo did well, brother." Blood said with a faint smile.

"You are all welcome in Canterlot for the time being, Killjoy will show Shadow and Blood to their rooms, the rest of you will be given temporary homes within the city." Luna said kindly. Killjoy walked down the stairs and passed shadow and Blood "Come on..." she said with a icy tone, a grim tone as if everything in the world was dead in the world, she sounded like a pony who was broken. In truth, she was exactly that, she was on the verge giving up, done fighting back the madness. She was almost ready to just let it take hold and hope that someone kills her just to let it end, the pain, nightmares, all of it. She was ready to die. Luna was the only reason why she continues to push through, but even now that reason is dwindling.

"Thank you Blood, you and Rarity didnt do too bad either." Shadow commented tilting his head at Devil. Shadows attention was turned on Killjoy as she called for them to follow her, he nodded to two Nurses who were caring for Dawn, they strolled down the hall follong the guards who assigning their room. Shadow followed Killjoy without question, drawn to the secrecy of the matter. White followed Celestia as she lead him to her studies.

"Stay here." Blood said to Devil as he followed Shadow and Killjoy. He felt like Killjoy was up to something as they followed her. He didn't know what to think about her anymore, at one time he wanted to bury any resentment he had with her when they first encountered Black, but none of that mattered anymore.

Killjoy walked by one of the rooms and pointed to it "Blood's room..." she said as he kept walking, not stopping to open the door or say anything, for she knew, Blood still hated her after trying to kill him 18 years ago. Even if he did, it didn't seem to matter anymore, nothing mattered to her anymore. She stopped by another room "This is your room shadow...it's big enough for your children." She said keeping her head down, not even making a second of eye contact. She knew that she wasn't hard read, didn't matter how hard she tried, she could never hide what she felt.

"Killjoy, you shouldnt bottle your feelings up like this, I do not know first of your past actions but I know by holding bad energy in, can kill the soul and heart." Shadow told her steadily, the wisdom in his voice came from a thousand years of life and his short 18 years of being a king, making him seem way older than his 21 year old looking body. His goatee was all he had to display any actual age on him. The doctors moved Dawn inside, her condition was steady but she had still not awoken. "If only Echo was here, she could help you more than i could honestly." He added in, a hint of sorrow in his tone betrayed him as he tried to smile for Killjoy to lift her spirits maybe.

Blood didn't say anything and only watched as Killjoy walked away. He was hoping he'd be done with her at this point in his life, but it seems fate had other ideas. He looked around the room, it would do he supposed.

Killjoy looked at Shadow and suddenly flashes of horrific agonizing images and whispers entered Shadow's mind. The 1,000 years of pain and agony was being displayed clear as day, all of her darkest fears seemed to pour out like an open window. "My feelings has nothing to do with it...this is something I can't just get away from by venting my emotions...or killing to relieve myself. I bare Luna's pain she endured for 1,000 years...I got it all in just under a minute." she said as her eyes became restricted and giving off an unsettling, almost insane look. "The darkness is inside me...don't you see, I am to endure this madness as if it was some parasite!" she was raising her voice. "It already took hold once...and it made me turn on Blood. I'm more of a monster than I was before...it's only a matter of time before it makes me kill the ones I hold the closest." she was now quiet and dropped to her knees and tears began to fall of her cheek as she buried her face into her hooves. "I'm afraid I'll hurt Luna..."

Blood overheard what Killjoy was saying, and began to feel somewhat bad. He was angry at her for attacking him, yes, but he didn't know that it was not her choice to. It was kinda his fault anyways, as it was his idea that tried to have Luna reconcile with Nightmare in the first place.

At another location in the castle, a hooded figure sat upon one of the many spires of the castle, concealed from the public eye.

Shadow knelt beside her, having felt her pain and knowing what she must be going through made him realize her condition. "Killjoy, you need to vent this energy out, wether by meditation or through controlled violence, ironic yes but its very effective. And with Blackstars threat on this city, you may be our greatest defense. The way I see it, you can either suffer from it or learn to control it, and wield it to protect those you love." He told her gently, but kept a firmness to it.

Blackstar walked through the still burning streets of Vampireece, dead soldiers began to rise up and take arms behind him, those who had lived were taken prisoner or killed for his undead army. Suddenly he turned into a giant black cloud and flew up above the clouds to see the lights of Canterlot in the distance, his red eyes flared with satisfaction and greed. "Enjoy the next day Shadow, Blood, Luna, and that filthy Royal Captain, for it will be your last. Come nightfall, the streets will be lit with the fire of my success." He laughed evily.

((Yo Trax, I'm about to introduce a new character that is working for Black. That cool?))

Blood lay down on the bed in the room, thinking about everything. He had a feeling that things were about to change drastically, and his life could very well be over. He didn't fear death, but what of Devildriver? He wasn't a colt anymore, but still young, and he was a great fighter, but would it be enough? Then there was his beloved wife. They had been in talks of something drastic, but could he carry it out? Would it be a good idea?

His thought's were interrupted when he saw a shadowy figure materialize in the room. Blood grabbed his blade and pointed it at it. "Hello, Blood....our King greets you." The bat pony assassin said evilly.

"You just don't understand...I already get on the edge of losing in battle as it is...now...I have no idea what the hell I'll become. I might go so far off the edge, I might not be able to come back from the madness, and maybe...someone will finally kill me..." Killjoy started to laugh faintly "Kill me and end this insanity...and prevent the chance of me hurting Luna." the faint laugh became louder and unsettling. "you'll do it won't you?" she asked Shadow "If you can...would you?" she asked again. It was a serious question but her face didn't show it, it was a cluster of emotions, she was laughing but at the same time crying, though the anger was also clear in her eyes under the tears. Suddenly her emotions stopped and she slumped over. "How can I control such evil just for it to be unleashed when I go into battle...you know d@mn well that I'll kill everything in sight once it take hold...not even years of mental training would stop it. Once I smell the iron scent of blood...I'll be gone." she said in the most depressing tone.

((No prob, i'll be introducing some side characters soon and then introducing a special side character for White Storm.))

Shadow felt taken aback by the question, taking a life was something that didnt bother him, but he could not kill a friend. He sighed passively, "Killjoy, you are a great friend and I will do anything to help, but I cannot offer the kind of assistance you need. This may be something only you can conquer, or you and Luna together." He told her before heading into his room and stood beside his daughter, anypony could see the pain and suffering he was feeling. The possible lose of his wife and the near death of his daughter and the dark enchantment placed on his son and guilt of losing his city and failing his bat-ponies.

Celestia stood inside a protected bubble as lightning surged around the room, "Oh dear, this may be challenge afterall." She said to herself in a deep sigh, White stood in the middle of the room with a puzzled expression, "How I do I turn it off?" He asked as he uncontrollably pulsed sparks of electricity creating bolts of lightning in every direction.

"Who are you?" Blood asked, ready for combat. The assassin simply lit his horn and Blood was suddenly restrained. "I go by Nocturnal Oblivion, but just Oblivion is fine. Not that it matters, the dead remember nothing." He slowly approached the struggling Blood and pried his mouth open with his magic. "I'll need these..." He said as he suddenly yanked Blood's fangs from his mouth. "Proof of my success, Black wanted them. And now, the finale." Oblivion took a long, jagged sword from his hilt and impaled Blood through the chest with it. Blood's eyes went wide in shock as the bindings dropped him to the floor.

Killjoy just sat there silently, she looked up at Shadow "Then you'll die by my hooves...If I'm right...I'll lose it and you will hesitate...then you'll die." she said silently as she got up "understand that you might just not have a choice." she said walking off.

Archived