From the Ashes, I Rise Against

NamelessTrax

Oblivion turned to Shadow with an evil grin. "And it was far to easy of a kill. But I guess that's why Black made me his royal assassin." He held out Blood's fangs and taunted Shadow with them. "These will look nice on my pendant once it's completed."

((Alright, we'll talk. But first, some taunting :P))

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Yes to Metal, and whats up Killjoy?))

Shadow felt his rage build and boil to a tipping point, this stallion had no idea of the target he had on his back. "Watch it you punk assassin, only the weak minded follow that tyrant, tell me his plans and I'll let you live another twenty four hours." He damanded threatenly, he bared his fangs showing he still had his, almost like insulting the assassin.

Oblivion laughed as he dropped an object with a burning fuse near Shadow. "Tag, you're it." He sneered, showing his own fangs as he teleported away.

Devildriver arrived near the roof and saw what was going on. "Shadow! Get down!"

Shadow growled and gusted off blowing the menacing object away and landing him next to Devil. "That worthless piece of life is going to regret his being born. Come my nephew, we must prepare for a battle, I want you to stay with White and Dawn and protect them. They need your skill and strength."

Devil stared for a while before sighing. "Fine. I'll help them get out. But the enemy is at our gates, we have to do something."

Oblivion appeared near Black at the rear of the army. "Bloodline is dead, my lord. I have his fangs like you asked." He said presenting them. "I can snap right back in and take out more if you wish."

((Hold up on the invasion buddy they aint there yet.))

"Just stand guard inside the room Devil, I will come and get when I have made a plan." Shadow told him before flying off to the front gates.

White lay on the couch, he was awake and starring into space, his mind raced with all the things all happening at once. "What do I do next?" He asked aloud as if expecting a random answer.

Blackstar held the fangs in his hoof and grinned, "You did well assassin, I didnt expect you to kill Blood so easily, he was a powerful batpony back in the day. His Brother will not be that easy, i would suggest space from him. Anyhow, I have new teeth for the amulet." He said as he placed the fangs upon his amethyst amulet, which glowed as they were placed. The army marched forward, the menacing green glow the undead soldiers gave off could be seen from the gates now.

((Sorry. Got confuzzled))

"Not as powerful as us, my king. Now, who's next? Maybe one of those alicorns would like a turn." Oblivion said, looking over his jagged black blade.

Devil sighed as he leaned against a wall, hanging his head low. Suddenly a hooded pony appeared. "Bloodline was a hero of our race, now he passes his legacy to you." The mysterious being said.

Blackstar thought about the two princesses, "I dont have any use for them, but they are the last of their kind, and I know all to well what that feels like. I'll make them prisoners and just torture them when I want, like what I'll do to Shadow and his companions." Blackstar told the assassin.

Shadow landed on the wall next to Killjoy and looked out to see the green glow, "What sorcery allows such darkness and death to be its end result? I curse its very being." He spat angrily, his eyes flashed with hatred.

"how many of them do you think I've killed...the undead I mean...I wonder if they remember. Wonder if they remember my face, the way I killed them...the sound of their screams when I drove my blade into them." Killjoy was starting to zone out as she continued to mumble and question.

Oblivion grinned evilly. "So we're set to march then?" He asked, holding his hellish blade in his hand, wanting to end another life.

"Who's there?" Devil asked, looking around. The hooded pony had disappeared and reappeared near Killjoy and Shadow. He said nothing, but simply watched them.

Killjoy snapped out of "uh...right..." she said holding her head "remember what I told you...keep them away from me, no doubt everyone here will shun me and disown me as their commanding officer if they see me. do you understand?" she asked, now in a stern and serious tone "fail and a lot of ponies will die."

"I wouldnt blame you Killjoy if you jumped right over the wall and into the heart of the Blackstars army, if anything you can start there." He told her without looking, Shadows ears twitched and his senses told him something was watching them but he ignored the signs because of all the soldiers and Killjoy around him not to mention the scary green glow of Blackstars army on the horizon.

Blackstar nodded with a look of evil patience, "We'll reach them in another hour or two at this pace, the green glow i made will send a menacing message to our friends guarding the gates. His smile twisted as he thought of the blood they'll spill.

Killjoy looked at the green glow "Maybe...would make for a great show wouldn't you think? the captain going in head first into the fray to meet death face to face. The question is if we can win this battle...and will any of use survive. Then again I guess that is always the question in battle, even when victory is guaranteed. This is a mystery indeed, mind to put in your guess on the outcome?" she asked still keeping her gaze at the green glow over the horizon.

Shadowstar looked over the menacing glow, a flash of uncertainty swept threw his eyes, "My guess is that we explore all options, make sure the young ones get out of the city should the walls be breached, if that happens the city is already lost. I love my foals, but I cannot abandon my post again, not like Vampireece." He turned away and looked at the castle, "Do you have any guards or close relatives of yours who are trained?" He asked out of the blue.

'Worry not, Shadow. I safe guarded your brother, now I shall aid you." The mysterious figure said, appearing before Shadow. "You may or may not remember me." The Oracle said, removing his hood to reveal his phantom-like form.

Devil searched the castle for Shadow's children, trying to find them so they could escape.

Shadow stepped back in surprise, "The Oracle? What brings you here from... Wherever your from?" He tried to ask in a steady tone but slipped when his info was irrelevant.

White opened the door to the hall when he heard the hammering of hooves, he opened the door as Devil was coming up on their room.

"There you are!" Devil said when he found White. "We have to get out of here before the attack begins!"

"Even in death, I watch over our race. Your brother aided me after death as I wearily traveled the void. I shall repay him by offering my hoof in this conflict. Alas, I cannot intervine physically, but know that I shall watch over and assist you all in whatever way I can." The Oracle said, the wisdom in his voice the same as it was years ago.

Killjoy was about to answer Trax's question but heard the Oracle. She quickly glanced at the phantom pony and the images started flashing in her mind along with the whispers growing louder and louder, the memories were racing through her head. It seemed that a lot of the past came back to haunt her in just the small amount of time the bat ponies were here. She growled and turned around holding her head "shut up, shut up, shut up" she whispered to herself trying to make the voices go away "D@mnit, just go away" this time she said it a little louder. Killjoy's head started pulse with pain making her fall on one knee "Why now...?" she mumbled.

Shadow nodded his thanks to the Oracle but was side tracked as he noticed Killjoy in an outburst, "We might want to.... INCOMING!" He yelled as a green fire ball slammed into the wall taking away chunks in which Killjoy was standing over, Shadowstar reached forward but knew his efforts would be in vain as he missed her her tail by inches.

"Here here my dear, come and get this over with shall we? Echo, be a sweet nightmare and lay her to rest will you?" Blackstar laughed then ordered as he saw the scene through his vision. Echo walked from the shadows of the throne, she stood as tall as Luna and bore bat wings and a unicorn horn, her bright yellow eyes flashed with excitement, "Yes master." She replied as she took to the skies above, the army marched towards the castle wall.

White blinked in surprise then went to Dawns side, "What about my sis, shes still unconscious."

Killjoy hit the ground and at that moment, she let go and the madness took hold. Instead of groaning in pain, it was giggling like she just been tickled. She got up and looked at the undead horde approaching the gates. "awww if they are already dead...how can I hear their screams?" she said in a upset tone but quickly went back to the "happy" mood "Oh well, slinging their blood everywhere will just have to do" she said in a seductive tone and blushed at the thought of ripping through the horde of undead soldiers and have the iron scent of blood in her nose. "oooo I just can't help myself....something has to die!" her tone became unsettling halfway through her sentence as she charged the horde with her sword at the ready. It seemed impossible on how fast she was going, it was as if her armor was nothing but feathers.

((anyone else getting creeped out by Killjoy?))

Soul rushed to the walls and raised his blade. "Return fire!" He shouted as Canterlot's archers and artillery unleashed their own fury on the incoming army.

Oblivion drew his blade and lit his horn. "By days end, I will bring you Shadow's fangs to add to your collection....it's all that's going to be left when I'm done with him." He said as he disappeared.

Devil heard the castle shake and knew the attack must have been starting. "There's no time, come on! I know a passage!" He said as he carefully scooped Dawn onto his back.

White followed without another word, after all his choices werent much.

((Dont go too far Metal, they're going to escape after the city has been overrun. Plus Killjoy still needs to get her young character in.))

Shadow stood on the other end of the wall from Soul, helping direct the defenses. "They do not get to this wall, the line has been drawn so lets keep it!" He yelled out encouragingly.

The horde kept forward closing in the wall relentlessly, some even began ignoring Killjoy and headed straight for the wall. Echo suddenly came from above and slammed into Killjoy creating a crater beneath them. "Lets dance Bîtćh!" She spat with a laugh.

Blackstar watched with a wide smile as he vanished into a black smoke cloud and took to the skies.

Archived