From the Ashes, I Rise Against

NamelessTrax

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"May you're kingdom forever thrive, King Shadow." Mephisto said, looking at Blood. "Thank you, Blood." He said simply. Blood nodded and shook Mephisto's hoof. "Safe journeys, friends." Mephisto looked to Silverthorn. "Silverthorn, you've been with us since the beginning. You are welcome to come with us." Silverthorn smiled and looked at Devil. "Thanks guys, but I think it's time I finally start my life, without Black tormenting me." She said as she nuzzled Devil. Mephisto nodded again and smiled. He turned to the rest of the Order and lit his horn, teleporting them all away.

Shadow looked around at the joy surrounding them; White and Silverstream laughed and giggled together, Dawn was mooning over Azure, Dropshot assisted with helping the wounded to stretchers, Shade and Echo helping to search for survivors. He looked at the city, though Canterlot lay in ruin, he knew it would be rebuilt much stronger than before, always rising from the ashes like a great Phoenix. "From the Ashes we rise, to defend our way of life, and to keep safe those we love." He mumbled distantly.

Dawn paused from Azure and looked around curiously, "Wait, wheres Octavia?"

Miles away Trax and Black walked towards the entrance of the great Northern mountains, they paused and turned around sensing someone behind them. There stood Octavia dressed in a flowing light cloak, she smirked widely with joy, "You weren't planing on leaving without me were you?" Trax smiled slightly, "Not in a millions Tavi."

Moonshield strapped his helmet back on and prepared to leave with his men. "Hey! Where are you going?" Lyra asked. Moonshield turned to her. "Black is defeated, but the undead still thrive in the Empire. We must take it back." Lyra paused for a moment. "I'll come with you. It's what Blade would have wanted." Moonshield smiled and nodded as Lyra turned and nodded smiling to her friends. "It's been a pleasure, friends." She said as she joined the crystal soldiers heading back North.

Shadow and his family waved to them as they left, "So what do we do now?" White asked turning to his father, Shadow smiled, "Now, we go home, we have a great city to rebuild."

Silverthorn stroked Silverstream's mane and smiled. "I made you a promise, little sister. Now I can fulfill it." She said, knowing they could finally go to Vampireece. "We're going home."

Silverstream hugged her big sister tightly, "We're going home...."

Celestia walked over to some rubble from the wall, "Its gonna be awhile to rebuild Canterlot, our restructure magic will only do so much with all this destruction." She looked up and practically melted in horror, "What happened to the castle?" She screamed outloud.

Earlier, Trax whipped out his bow and knocked an arrow aiming towards the bottom of the castle then released the arrow, moments later the bottom of the castle erupted with a firey explosion causing the rest of te castle to collapse in on itself.

Celestia felt light headed in shock, "It stood there for thousands of years though....."

Twilight returned to Canterlot with two guards behind her pulling a cart with a coffin on it. She had went back to the hillside where Soul's body was left and still kept preserved with magic and brought him back to Canterlot to be properly honored. Many guards dipped their heads in respect for the fallen hero. Twilight kept staring at the ground as she walked, her eyes streaming tears.

((I'm here, I finally got days off!))

Killjoy winced at the sight of the castle finally falling. "That might or might not be my fault the fight was a little...destructive." she said scratching the back of her head.

Celestia sighed deeply putting her hoof to her chest then pushing out, "Its alright, its okay, nothing a little hard work cant fix. I need some cake..." She moaned dipping her head down.

An hour or so passed, and Soul was properly laid to rest in the Canterlot Gardens. Twilight returned to the others and sat down sighing. "I can't believe it's all finally over." She said softly.

Shadow and his Family along the other batponies left for Vampireece shortly after Soul was laid to rest. Drop and the other troops had set up a camp for the citizens as they returned from where Trax had sent them. Celestia sipped carefully from a cup of water, "Indeed it seems almost odd to have some peace of mind."

"But can we ever return to the way things were? This war has changed Equestria forever. Many who entered did not come back. Even now our home is in ruin." Twilight said looking at the ruined castle. "What can we do?"

"We will let this make us stronger, like a brilliant Pheonix we will rise from the ashes, with burning flames of hope and life. We can succeed, because we will do it together, as we always have." Celestia said as she held out a hoof to Twilight.

Twilight hugged her teacher tightly as her eyes watered. She suddenly felt a cool breeze through her hair that seemed to comfort her.

"We're almost there." Silverthorn said to her sister as they approached Vanpireece. Devil looked at the massive city walls coming into view. "I can't believe we're finally home."

White got too excited and sped off in a bolt of lightning. Dawn pressed closer to Azure as they walked, Echo smiled and leaned her head on Shadow, "We're finally home...truly home." She whispered happily. Shadow smiled as the suns rays broke through the clouds and shined over the city, "Yeah, We're home..... We really are.."

Finally they reached the city as bat pony civilians cheered for them. Devil and Silverthorn nuzzled each other before Silverthorn looked at Silverstream. "What do you think, sis?"

"Its amazing! Now we can live free, Im so glad I met you sis." Silverstream said happliy hugging her sister tightly.

((Not much else to do, I didnt really plan on making anothef chapter to this story. Was gonna close it so we can start the new ideas.))

In the months following Blacks defeat, The City of Vampireece was rebuilt to its former glory, though alot of its homes were unoccupied since over 80 percent of the population were still under 16 years of age and stayed in the castle. Shadow had agreed to devise trading with Canterlot but for the time being its gates only opened to select visits from royalty or well known ponies becuase of the batpony population. Shadow and Echo spent their time teaching the younglings abouth their culture as well schooling them, Shade and monks assisted them. White and Silverstream grew closer as they were assigned positions on the Elite Guard along with Devil and Silverthorn, Shadow had named Blood its leader. The Elite Guards job was too keep Vampireece safe from outsiders trying to get in for plunder, once the popular had increased, they would become the next Highranking officers of the new Army. Azure and Dawn were given their own mansion within Vampireece, Azure was asked if he would be the new Elite Guard leader after Blood was assigned as the role of General over the Batpony army. It wasnt till about five years later that Celestia offered Dawn an apprenticeship under Twilight Sparkle, 15 years later Dawn Cloud became the first Batpony Alicorn granting her the use of magic. Shortly after, Shadow and Echo resigned and the crowns was given to Azure and Dawn as their marriage gift. White and Silverstream were also married a year later. But underneath all of this, Shadow had created a new Order with his brother, dedicated to keeping the race safe at all costs, its members included; Shadow, Blood, Devil, and Azure. No pony else knew of this order, not even their family members. Drop was named the Captain of the Archers brigade in commendation of his efforts against Black. Tavi's whereabouts were still unknown and only faint whispers of The name Trax echoed through the town taverns, but one rumor was that he'd used a powerful sword and brought a tyrant in a neighboring Kingdom to his death, the swords power wiped out an entire army in one swing. It wasnt till about 30 years after Blacks death, that the rumor of Traxs return to Equestria sent a forest fire of nerves through the castles of Canterlot and Vampireece, becuase he wasnt returning on good measures.

After the long war and Black's defeat. Killjoy and Luna finally went public and married only a week after. Killjoy was named Warrior Princess of Canterlot and commander and chief of all of Canterlot's armies. Thunderstrum was named High General of these armies. Killjoy's full control of the Nightmare was finally achieved and was more powerful than she was in the final battle against Black. Killjoy decided to keep the Nightmare Armor and sword, in a strange way it proved to be a symbol that darkness is not always a path to death. Killjoy refused the offer to become an Alicorn, she knew that it would make her the most powerful being in Equestria, but she feared that it would only bring back her madness and lead her to destruction. As the years gone by, only a few ponies tried to raise armies against the empire, The armies were quickly crushed as Killjoy wiped them all out single handed. By doing so, the armies of Canterlot grew to epic proportions. 10 year of peace thrived through out Canterlot under the new Princess's rule. Killjoy made sure that the streets would be wiped clean, and that was exactly what happened, crime rates dropped drastically and ponies were feeling more safe by the day. Ponies in Canterlot built a statue of Killjoy in her honor for her success. Both Princesses got a bit envious due to that success, but it was only slight envy that Killjoy was taking care of business better than they could. Though they realized while Killjoy was doing the dirty work, it left them all time for politics which Killjoy was not nearly as good at. Then after the 30 years of the war, rumors spread of Trax returning and it was not for a visit. The ponies all looked to the Warrior Princess and she answered the call. Killjoy wasn't about to let Trax back into her lands.

Under Blood's leadership, the Elite Guard make short work of any who would threaten Vampireece. Blood and Rarity's marriage became stronger than ever after the end of the war, promising each other that they would never lose each other. Blood eventually led his wife and son to a mysterious underground pond where the Oracle had nursed him back to health when Oblivion first "murdered" him, telling them the story of his return. Rarity soon became pregnant with a second foal, and give birth to a daughter named Amaranthe. She was naturally gifted in a way Devil was not since Rarity was not a bat pony when she was pregnant with him. Blood's loss of immortality slowly but surely began to take affect as he slowly aged and began to lose strength. Still, it did not stop him from being a powerful and deadly leader, especially after he began to command the bat pony armies. Devil and Silverthorn were married a year after the end of the war, and continued their reputation as a deadly pair of warriors. They decided not to have children, as their devotion to Vampireece was far too strong. The Second Bloodmoon Order remained in the shadows, waiting for another threat to their lives. Twilight raised and trained Dawn into the first bat pony alicorn, joining her as the two High Chancellors of Magic in Equestria. Being with Dawn slowly eased the pain of Soul's death, who was remembered as a war hero in Canterlot. A cure for the Black Lungs disease was developed in his honor. Rumors spread of Trax's return to Equestria, but little does Trax know that although his blade is still almighty and all powerful, the Oracle ceased existing years ago.

Trax crushed a skull as he stepped up to look down on Equestria from a high mountain, Black Frost came up from his left as Tavi came up from his right, a slight grin swept across his face as his blue sharingan eyes swirled. "Hello cities of Canterlot and Vampireece, I'm back." (Scene close) Evil chuckle sounds in the darkness.

Archived