From the Ashes, I Rise Against

NamelessTrax

Radz looked at shadow "can't you see I'm busy old bat?" she said tauntingly as she shot fire and lightning bolts like a machine gun into the undead horde "You like that you rotten freaks!?" she shouted as she sliced more and more soldiers. The bodies were piled, she killed at least several hundred along the way before she got cornered. "Unless you wanna help in this last stand, you better have an idea on getting out of here!" she shouted to Shadow "And where's the Captain, did she make it out!?"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shadow hit away another undead before looked at the ground in fear, "I dont know where Killjoy is or if she is alive, but I do know of a way out for you, I have my son and nefew escaping as we speak. Go and find them, together you should be safe." Shadow told her as he threw another undead into the crowd and then shattering the skull of another. Shadow glanced up and saw the results of his nightmares, Blackstar stood with a jagged sword and twisted smile. "If your going to go you best do it now, NOW!" Shadow sweeped his staff around creating a circle of space then threw the staff like a spear knocking away the undead and making a whole for an escape path. "Dont make me say it again." Shadow growled at her eyes flashing with urgency, his tone was deathly calm and came out more of a threat, he didnt want this mare in the middle of this fight.

Radz huffed "I sense that you are staying here, Then I must bid you farewell." she said before darting out and heading to where she would expect ponies would escape to. She didn't know what to do after she got out, there wan't anywhere to go. She ran fast and long before seeing shadows in the distance. "Hey!" she shouted as she got closer.

Radz slowed down "Put the sword down kid, you might hurt yourself" she said using her horn as a light and saw the pony pointing the bow at her "Do I look dead to you? I'm Lieutenant Radz of the royal guard. I'm guessing you are all that made it out?" she asked looking at the others with him.

((Thats pretty good bro, even browsed through your other works, your really good.))

Shadow made sure the mare had gne before turning back to face Blackstar, but he had waited too long, Blackstar was already in front of him with a hard punch to the chest sending Shadow up into a chimney. Before Shadow could recover the dark stallion phased from his black smoke and hit him again sending Shadow skipping across the rooftops like a flat stone hitting water. As Shadow was in between building Blackstar came from above and slammed him into the street insight of the courtyard. Shadowstar stood warrily, his legs shaking and head dizzy, "Is that all you got, what, do I need to chop your head off again for you to get more powerf-" His taunt was cut short as Blackstar bashed Shadow head on sending the Bat pony King crashing into the fountain statue. Shadowstar rested in the low water breathing heavily, his vision was blurred but he could smell Killjoy nearby, he tried to open his mouth but words escaped him in mumbles, "K-k-killjoy, ar- u- ther-?"

White looked at the royal guard mare, "Did you see my father? Hes the Bat pony King."

Radz sighed in disappointment as she saw that the captain wasn't with them. She heard the question and shook her head "He stayed behind to let me escape, I wanted to help but the pony who lead the undead was there and I'm afraid I would've only slowed things down. I should ask you a similar question, did any of you see the Captain come out by any chance?" she asked still scanning the area around them.

((thanks you two, I just needed some second opinions before I start doing more drawings of Killjoy))

"I'll take the lead, I am the light source after all." Radz said going up in front of the group. "do any of you know exactly where to go because pickings are going to be slim soon."

"Dad said to just survive, he never told us exactly where to go." White explained as they trekked through the tunnel.

Shadow slowly pulled himself out of the fountain, his legs barely gave him strength to stand, his crown slipped off his head landing and then rolling away. Echo stopped the crown with a hoof and then smashed it into the ground, "Oh how the mighty have fallen," Blackstar quoted as he approached the beaten King. (( Camera pans to Killjoy, then to Blood on the hospital bed, then the princesses and Soul in the dungeon, then follows the group running through the tunnel, finally settling on Shadow)) Shadow looked up warrily, his eyes drowned from light, his heart being torn in two as he saw Echo in her Nightmare state, his moral deplinished as he saw Killjoy unconsious. Blackstar took his jagged blade to Shadows scared over eye and with one clean cut, re-opened the scar, Shadow bit back the stinging pain and shuddered in defeat. "You know what they say about re-opening old scars, it gets worse after the first time." Blackstar said to him before knocking him out with a right hook, "Take them both and lock them up with the others, and gather the towns folk, i need to make my annoucnement as their new ruler."

"Ha....Survive...what vague instructions. Surviving however, will be the hardest thing we have ever done. I was to be captain after Killjoy and not only am I a target, but I'm also with Shadow's and blood's children...oh that's bucking fantastic." Radz said now realizing that everyone in the group are high value targets.

Twilight remained unconscious, laying on the floor unmoving, but alive. Soul gripped the iron bars confining him to this chamber, tears lightly falling down his face, his hooves bloody and bruised from punching the walls in rage, feeling like a massive failure for allowing this to happen.

The Oracle entered the room Blood's dead body was in. He closed his eyes and shut Blood's eyelids gently. Even as a spirit thousands of years in age, he could feel sorrow such as this.

"I know the way...." a female voice suddenly said. A black bat pony mare stepped out of the shadows, her purple eyes and blue mane making her look beautiful. She looked to be about Devil's age. "I can show you the way....I was told long ago how to navigate this path."

Oblivion stared at Shadow with an evil grin as he was taken away. "Master, would you still like me to take his fangs?"

((Radz didn't say that but whatever lol))

Radz didn't answer White's question, Even if she did answer, it wouldn't help the current situation. She heard the voice and looked at the stranger standing before them and gripped her axe tightly "thanks, but I must decline, I know these paths, I actually know all the paths around canterlot. I'm Lieut..." she froze as she remembered that Killjoy didn't make it out. "Captain Radz of the NightWatch...Now if you know of any place that we can sit low, that would help."

"Whatever you need I can help you with.....I know Black and I know what he will do, and I will not allow him to carry out his plans." She drew a scimitar and opened her wings. "We have to go, come on!"

"Not until we know who you are." Radz said as she glared at the mare, her bright green eyes shined in the light and was pretty much all you could see of Radz since everything else is black.

The mare sighed and stepped into the light, looking with her gleaming eyes at the group. "My name is Silverthorn.....and I'm......." she paused for a moment. ".....I'm....Black's daughter."

((Is that ok, Trax? Also, for the record, Blood and Shadow were the only two who were biologically related right? Things may go somewhere between Devil and Silverthorn and I'm trying ot avoid incest.))

((Well I was going to do the same with White, kinda like forbidden love, but I can still work my angle and you can still do yours, its still ethical and moral.))

White went wide eyed in astonishment, "Your whos?! We're not going to follow the enemies daughter, it could be a trap." White said angrly, his bright blue eyes sparked and began to glow.

Blackstar shook his head, "No, His fangs will be harvested later, I want you to search for his children and kill them. Cant have them running around doing Celestia knows what in my new kingdom." He ordered as he walked away to the castle, Echo followed obediently, reminding him about his daughter Silverthorn who didnt show up to the battle and where she could have gone. But he didnt worry about his children, he knew them to be loyal and reliable. Or at least he assumed.

"I think you have a little explaining to do Silverthorn. I'm not one to agree with children but that one has a point. What is our Enemy's daughter doing here? You obviously know who we are... and it's exactly that reason I don't want to trust you. So start talking and convince me before I lose my patience." Radz said now in a stern tone as she readied her Battleaxe.

((Dang, I didn't mean to steal your idea. So White was going to be Black's child too?))

"Look, if I was helping him and wanted you dead, I would have done it already. You can trust me or you can let the undead kill you." Silverthorn said in a stern tone. "My father is a monster. The reason I'm even alive is because of his wickedness. I don't care that he is my father, I won't let him ruin this world. If you don't want to believe me, fine. Go ahead and wander the wildnerness, always running and looking over your shoulder, only to eventually be run down and butchered. It's up to you." Devil looked over her and nodded. "She's right. We'd be long dead already. We don't have a choice, she can help us."

Oblivion nodded. "Shall we gather a crowd? These ponies need to know who their new king is." he sneered.

Archived