From the Ashes, I Rise Against

NamelessTrax

"Excuse me Shadow but Canterlot isn't your land to banish ponies from...though I could have some words with Luna." Killjoy said as the Nightmare started to heal her wounds. Luna finally found Killjoy and ran up to her "your alive!" She shouted quickly getting down to hug Killjoy tightly. Killjoy gritted her teeth as the pain from Luna's hug surged through her body. Luna smiled "I am so glad, we can now do what we should have done years ago." She giggled "ponies are going to have too et used to calling you Princess, though your dreadful nickname will have to go. Red Veil, Warrior Princess, sounds quite interesting." Luna said. Killjoy groaned "I guess I'll have to get used to my actual name."

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You're destroying it?" Blood asked, standing beside his brother.

Devil and Silverthorn's eyes met as she walked over to him. "I'm so sorry, Devil. I wish I could have controlled it." Devil ignored her and kissed her passionately on the lips. The two stayed in each other's embrace for a long while before breaking the kiss. "It's over now...."

Twilight sat alone looking in the distance. A tear fell from her face as she thought about Soul's death. She felt a cool breeze in her hair, almost like he was comforting her.

Shadow sighed, "Im putting its power to better use, to better our Race and keep them safe." Trax walked pass them, "Your gonna have to tell them sooner or later..." He whispered loudly as he kept walking with Black Frost following obediently. Shadow glared at him, "Hun, what does he mean? What is it your not telling us?" Echo asked walking up to them with Dawn and White. Shadow looked around at his family with sad eyes, he glanced around seeing everypony come together, "In order for all this to go off without a hitch, I made a deal with Trax, he would assist us in making sure things went to plan in return.... In return I become his sword. All my power would be tranformed into a sword that I can turn into at will with all my power, but in my pony form I would be just an average batpony Pegasus. It was the only -" Echo smacked him across the face stopping him cold, her fierce glare starring at him. "Dont you dare say it was the only bucking way, your leaving your family, plain and simple Shadow. Dont justify it with ridiculous heroics, your terrible at being the hero." She said coldly to him. Echo turned around smaking him the other way with her tail, Dawn turned away from before he could reach out to her and White pulsed out a little electricity warning him off as he zipped away to Silverstream. Shadow stood there waiting for his brother to beat the living day lights out of him. "Blood I-"

((I was trying to think of a good way to end the Oracle's character arc once and for all. What if he volunteered to become Trax's sword in Shadow's place? Since he's a ghost he could do if full time and not worry about a physical form. That way Shadow can stay with his family.))

((Cool. Just didn't want to screw up anything you had planned.))

Just as Blood was about to knock Shadow out, the Oracle suddenly appeared before them. "Perhaps I can provide an alternative, King Shadow."

"The Oracle graces us with his presence, what do you have in mind?" Shadow asked bowing his head slightly. "Yes, let all in involved know this alternative as well." Trax said coming up to them non-chalantly.

"You are prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice. You surrendered yourself and you're prepared to spread pain to those you love. But it does not have to be so..." His ghost form transformed into a younger version of himself that looked full of life. "I have served the bat pony race for 7000 years, in life and in death. This last act of service is mine. My existence has come to an end, yours still has time."

"Your service will never be forgotten Oracle, but what are you proposing here?" Shadow asked wanting to be sure this was what he was wanting. Trax closed his eyes and reopened them in the 9th stage of the sharingan, he could see the difference in power between the Oracle in his prime and Shadows whos was still not fully there but the Oracles still dwarfed Shadows further than wha Shadows could achieve. "Intriguing..." He mumbled with a slight smile.

"I will take your place, Shadow." The Oracle said. "I will be Trax's blade and servant. You have a life to live." His body seemed to shimmer with energy, a power beyond all comprehension.

"Accepted." Trax spoke before Shadow could open his mouth. "What about my debt to you then, I'd rather not owe you anything." Shadow asked glaring at Trax still hating that this stallion unlocked the full sharingan in a matter of weeks, but he wouldnt be fulfilling the rumors if he hadnt. "You have nothing I want Shadow, so until you do, thats how its gonna be my friend. Come then Oracle, I believe we've overstayed my welcome in these lands." Trax said as turned around holding out the empty scabbard.

Shade finished up the cricle and took his place on the edge along with the other three monks, they lit up their horns chanting a sacred verse which lit up the circle surrounding the Shadowfang sword. Suddenly every batponies eyes glowed mysteriously, Azures body, which had a circle around it as well that was connected to the main magic circle started to glow.

The Oracle put a hoof on Shadow's shoulder. "You owe me no debt, friend. Just lead our race to glory. You are among the greatest kings." He then turned to Blood, whom he had a storied history with ever since the first war with Black. "Thank you Bloodline, you have made the final years of my existence a pleasure." Blood nodded. "And I thank you for guiding me through life, friend. I owe you everything." The Oracle smiled widely and turned to Trax. He shut his eyes as he awaited for Trax to take him.

The scabbared leaked out a white vine touching the Oracle and wrapping around him, slowly his body became completely wrapped and in a flash he was transformed into a white sword, it then floated over to Trax and sealed itself into the scabbard. "See you around." Trax said with a smirk before he and Black Frost vanished away in a flurry of snow. "If you do it will be too soon." Shadow mumbled with a frown.

Killjoy scoffed "I really don't like him, hope he returns soon so I can kick his ass." She said as her wounds were fully healed and her Nightmare subsided. Luna poked Killjoy's head hard "you can't talk like that when a crown rests on your head." She said as Killjoy rolled her eyes "indeed, because the "warrior princess" would never say anything wrong. The world will have to get used to having someone like me on one of the thrones, I'm not exactly the kind ponies immediately see good in." She said looking back to Canterlot that was now in ruins "if you get down to it, I'm another version of Nightmare Moon, the pony everyone still fears."she sighed. Luna took Killjoy's arm and rested her head on her shoulder. "It will be hard at first, but we'll make it work."

Blood turned back to Shadow. "Well, I guess we're even then." He said, no longer angry because he remembered how he angered Shadow not long ago after giving up his immortality. "You should make sure your family is ok. It should soften the blow that you don't have to leave after all."

Shadow glanced at Echo who gave him a death glare, "Trust is earned Brother, it will be awhile till I earn hers back. For now I have one last thing to do." He said as he walked over to Shadowfang and unsheathed it halfway, shadows began to leak out and spilling like water. Dawn watched in confusion as a little stream of shadow flowed around Azures body, "Whats he doing?" She asked in confusion. Suddenly multiple liquid vines shot out from the circle and attatched to any batpony around it, then more shot out into the sky and headed towards Vampireece. "Every batpony is connected Lord Shadow, we are ready." Shade reported. Shadow nodded, "Good, then lets save our race." He slammed the sword back into the the sheath cause a brief silence, then the circle erupted with power rivaling the Nightmare curse, Shadow was blown back but he couldn't stand as the swords power was being injected into him and the other bat ponies, as well as Azures body.

Blood felt the presence enter his body as he watched his brother begin the ritual. Mephisto, Serenity and Wolfbane stood close by their king. Helios and Hellion were actually behaving like normal ponies and not the beasts they were. Devil and Silverthorn felt the connection and watched intently.

Suddenly Dawn felt heavy and fell down, Echo started for her but collapsed as she felt the weight from the swords power enter her. One by one the other batponies began to collapse under the heavy weight.

"Im making sure that my subjects can live long and prosperous lives with those they love..." Shadow said as the weight was lifted and the whole event stopped abruptly. The area was back to normal, the sword disintegrated into the wind. Shadow stood up shaking himself off, he looked around at his batponies watching them recover practically rejuvenated and more healthier than ever. Dawn stood up shaking her head then froze as she heard coughing, she looked to the side to see Azure sit up rubbing his head, "Uh what happened? Where am I?" He asked looking around only to be tackled down by Dawn in a tight hug, "Your alive and with me, thats all I care about." She said crying with joy. White raced over with Silverstream, "Hey look, Azures a batpony now!" He exclaimed. Azure raised his eyebrow in confusion, he then felt his fangs with his tongue and felt the furry tops of his ears, then he stretched out his bat wings in surprise. Shadow smiled and sighed in relief, he had doubts on wether or not that would work, and he was thankful it did. Echo walked up to him, Shadow prepared for a lecture but she hugged him instead, "Its a start." She told him happily. Shade and the other monks stood up dusting themselves off, "The Ritual was a success, and the young colt was revived." He reported with a nod.

Killjoy walked up to Echo and Shadow "so what is next for the ruler of the isolated kingdom? I think Vampireece and Canterlot can coexist now since we all united to defeat one of the greatest enemies Equestria has ever had to face. Now I dot know about you, but I think both our kingdoms will prophet greatly if we both shared our wealth, I would also like to suggest Canterlot and Vampireece become permanent allies." She held out her hoof to Shadow "we would able to keep peace in the world for ages to come." Said as Luna walked up and smiled "I do think that is a splendid idea, our kingdoms would prosper greatly."

Shadow glanced around then sighed, he shook Killjoys hoof reluctantly, "One step at a time Killjoy, we've always been allies, but my Kingdom and subjects will always come first. Once Vampireece is rebuilt, the gates will be open but it will be a strict entrance. We can talk over other things at a later date. For now, let's rejoice in our victory."

"What about you?" Blood asked the members of the Order. "You're mission is over. What will you do now?" Mephisto looked at Serenity and smiled. "We will travel across the ocean to a new land. We have served our purpose, and now we can have a normal life." He said as he felt Serenity's belly.

Archived