For the Crystal Empire! (Interest Check, Sign up, and OOC)

It's an idea I had a while ago, back when I was still very new to Canterlot. Because of my Naivete, the RP never really took off. But back from the grave it shall rise!

So the time period is set in Equestria's past, not long after King Sombra has taken control of the Crystal Empire. A small group of freedom fighters managed to escape the city before they could be captured. They found refuge in a landmark called The Crystal Chasm. Along the wall of The Crystal Chasm are a series of caves that run along the chasm's wall, hiding them from anything looking down into the chasm while giving them fresh air and sunlight. You are one of these freedom fighters, working to save your friends, family, and country from the hooves of the evil King Sombra. Will you succeed? That's up to you.....

So, really the story already has an ending: Celestia and Luna defeat Sombra with the Elements of Harmony, but the Crystal Empire disappears in the process. But, it's the story that we'll be enjoying. Depending on how many people decide to join, I'll either play only as the narrator/story teller/game master, or I'll also make my own character. There's a character sheet in the spoiler below. You don't necessarily have to use it, but it's a nice guideline. So, questions? Comments? Concerns?

Name: Obviously, your character needs a name. It could be a nickname to hide your identity, or you could put a full name. It's all up to you!

Species: Again, pretty straight forward. We're all crystal ponies, but are you a Pegasus, Unicorn, or Earth pony?

Shape: The general outline of your character. It doesn't need to be a lot, just as much as you want, but the more detail the better. Your characters muzzle shape, body size and physique, legs, neck, etc. all goes here.

Mane/Tail: Same basic concept as Shape, but this time concerning your characters mane and tail shapes.

Clothes: Optional. After all, ponies don't normally wear clothes.

Colors: This is for your character's coat, eye, (clothes), and mane/tail colors. Be sure to specify what's what!

Cutie Mark: It's kind of important. Again, the more detail the better, but you can give as much as you want.

Role: Every good group member has a role. You could be a gatherer of food, or a super sneaky scout. Of course, you were most likely a civilian before this, so it's okay to not have a role.

History: Totally optional. While some background might be nice, it'll be okay to reveal history while we play.

Reason for Fighting: I only ask that you give your characters biggest reason. At the very least, it could be to save the Crystal Empire, but your character could be trying to save family and/or friends who were captured.

Anything Else: If there's anything else you want to put down for your character that I forgot to add, just jot it down here.

The Crystal Chasm does not actually exist. It was made up. By me.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((also is this FFA posting Rules or CC posting rules))

Name: Starwind

Species: Unicorn

Shape: Normal Filly shape

Mane/Tail: don't know how to descript see pic in app to see

Clothes: none expect for her Green backpark she has on always

Colors: Yellow coat,green eyes, green backpack, red and black mane/tail colors.

Cutie Mark: none has special talent for stars

Role: Navigator could also be scout if has too

Anything Else: her app is here also her pic to see what she looks like http://www.canterlot...starwind-ready/

yea i know and maybe during the day also i didn't mean to sound mean but a navigator is something ponies sometimes don't think about or forget also i post your RP in a group chat i have with RDD and smiley and some other ponies

I didn't think you sounded mean at all. And also, thanks for spreading it around, it'll help a lot. Also, I read over your character's sheet a bit, and I think it's going to be really funny if the others think your character should stay safe in the cave, since she'll want to go anyway.

I would not mind joining this, though three questions.

Can i just link a CC char?

Can i use a griffon?

Am i able to be a Griffon that heard about the trouble and has come to see if he can help? Maybe Twilight sent him back in time to assist. Its the idea i want to go with though its your choice.

Well, as far as time travel goes, I'm fine with it, so long as you remember that it has it's limits. Twilight, Spike, and Pinkie were only able to find one time travel spell, and it only worked for a little bit.

As for linking a CC application, yes, that is allowed. The application I made was just a kind of guideline, though I'm pretty sure there are a couple of parts that would be really helpful to the story.

And last but not least, as far as you being a Griffon, I think I'll allow it. After all, many revolutionists have outside help, which is kind of how this story will end.

They were rushing, im pretty sure if they had been careful they might have found more. Anyway YES that makes this SO much easier, oh. Il link the app and add other stuff in here thats not on their

Role: Blackwing would be a the scout of the group though also one of the most able in any sort of stealth task.

other: Blackwing has a Crystal bow that he obtained after robing a high individual in the city.

Archived