Flim & Flam go on vacation (Open to all!)

Mojo

ImlVhci.png

The Flim Flam brothers have decided to take a long vacation. Their latest 'get rich quick' scheme having failed miserably, the twin unicorn stallions had to make a very hasty retreat into the wilderness. After some days of careful planning, they set off for the nearest city. Forsaking their standard striped shirts and straw hats, the two try to crudely disguise themselves with matching blue shirts and pants to cover their cutie marks. Sunglasses provide the finishing touch for their 'new look' as they walked towards civilization, pulling their large wagon behind them. Their wagon also looks ordinary, all words and pictures of the two brothers carefully removed.

The Flim Flam brothers trot into town, carefully looking all around and hoping to be greeted by happy ponies who don't recognize them. Can they find peace and possibly MAKE friends for a change? Flim and Flam shall soon see....

Anyone can join in, no set posting order, just jump in and let's have some fun with this!

• 2 weeks later...

It was that time of the year, when the Ironclaw family gathered together for a family vacation. And it was Razor who was trying his hardest to avoid anything even remotely similar to his most recent experiences in the Equestrian kingdom of Equestria.

In fact, he had finally managed to get away for some alone time, while his sister and mother were out shopping and his father carried the insane amount of stuffs a mother and daughter could purchase.

'Peace...and quiet....I hope it lasts.' He thought as he plopped himself onto a bench and looked around.

Being a predator, Razor was keen to pick out strange details that seemed, well out of place. And two stallions seemed....well like they were expecting something. He watched them as they trotted into town and felt his feline curiosity sparked.

'Funny though...I can't help but shake a feeling....hmmm.' He thought, as he walked off some before taking to the air and finding a cloud to hide on as he slowly followed the pair.

It was perhaps a good, and very good thing the two con artist brothers were incognito. For Razor still remembered, in great and embarrassing detail a moment where he had been a victim to one of their get rich quick schemes.

Shaky hooves trotted around the town while bright pink orbs studied the surroundings around her. Sprinklette was out of town in the moment, leaving her bakery in ponyville for a short break. She looked at all the fancy shops around her and her eyes sparkled in awe. Look at all the new places she can visit! And, what's this, a candy store?? She cheered in delight as she galloped right to the colorful shop.

A few minutes later, she emerged from the said shop. In her hooves were different kinds of lollipops, gumdrops, candy canes, and other sorts of candy! She continued to trot around town giving her bright swirly lollipop a lick every 3 seconds. All the other pieces of candy was placed safely in her saddle pack, in which she plan to eat later.

"M-mmmmm!!" She said in delight as she took another lick from the sweet treat.

She started to look around again, as she trotted farther into the town. Her eyes than landed on what looks a....wagon? She eyed it curiously as her mind tried to guess what kind of awesome things that might be in there! She tilted her head to the side as her eyes traveled to the ponies that were with it. Wow....just wow... Whoever these ponies are, they sure are quite...fashionable? But alas, she couldn't care less. What interested her was that wagon! There could be more tasty treats she can try in there! She jumped a little until finally galloping to them.

"H-hi!" She greeted as soon as she reached the spot.

"Can you g-guys tell me w-w-what's in that wagon?" She asked as she pointed a quivering hoof to the said wagon.

The disguised Flim and Flam continued to walk into town, when suddenly, they spotted Razor, a griffon they had seen before. The unicorn brothers held a quick, whispered conversation among themselves.

"Careful Flim, I know that griffon."

"Yes Flam, he was at our last, well.."

"We have to remember to remain calm, we can do this."

"I hope so, dear brother," Flim whispered as they walked past him hauling their wagon behind them. Each brother gave Razor a polite wave as they passed, wanting to be friendly without arousing suspicion. Suddenly, Shaky Hooves came up to them, causing the brothers to stop walking. Fear once more seized Flim and Flam when she asked them about the contents of their wagon. Flim was about to break out into song with Flam immediately gave his brother a swift punch in the side with his hoof, a gentle reminder that they had to be very 'low key' here or risk being discovered. So, clearing their throats and attempting to speak in different voices, the unicorn brothers now spoke up.

"Well, we have a few, odds and ends, in the wagon," Flam said nonchalantly.

"Just some old junk, that's all. By the way, what's your name, young lady?" Flim asked, hoping to make at least one new friend today.

Sprinklette Gumdrop tilted her head for a bit. Some 'feeling' rose in her that time. She has something very tiny inside her that keeps saying 'Hey! They kinda look like something you heard before!' But that's the problem. She cant quite remember where she has heard of these ponies. Heck! She cant even remember what they did wrong! But, having an attention span of a goldfish, this thought was shrugged off. She got kicked out of her thoughts when one of them spoke.

"Well, we have a few, odds and ends, in the wagon,"

At this, a light 'awww' escaped her muzzle. With that, there's definitely no treats there! Besides, who would put candy and a wagon? Well, actually, we all did when we were probably still young, but STILL! She mentally facehoofed her self. Nice job going to things you didn't think through.

"Just some old junk, that's all. By the way, what's your name, young lady?"

"Oh! M-my name is Sprinklette G-G-Gumdrop! But c-call me Sprinkles!" She said in a happy, fast tone.

She stopped and took a good look at their clothing, she's gotta say, it's quite silly. The only ponies who dress this heavily are tourists! Still, they didnt really look like there from here. Well, whatever it is, it's never a pain to ask! That's what question marks are used for! Duh!

"D-dont mind me a-asking but, are you b-b-brothers tourists?" She asked, out of the blue.

"Oh yeah! I f-forgot to ask! C-c-can I ask for y-your names, too?" She added as she smiled.

'Hmmm. These two....I know I've seen them somewhere.' Razor thought as he watched the two brothers.

Yet strangly...he also felt that not only that he had seen these ponies somewhere...but he felt a great burning rage of endless hatred and anger. As well as a strong desire to dump a barrel of liquid over them. Why did he feel that though?

Deciding that proper investigation was needed, Razor leaped from his cloud perch and landed right beside the brothers and their jittery mare companion. He, of course, he was a wings span distance from the girl least his gynophobia kick in.

"Hello to you three. Hope I am not interrupting, I just saw this cart and well, you know what they say about a cats curiosity." He said, giving a look at the two brothers as he tried to figure out who they were. All he needed was just a single clue. Just one and he felt confident he could remember them.

'And if needed exact this strange desire for revenge if I feel it necessary.' He added mentally to himself.

Now the disguised Flim and Flam were starting to get nervous. First they were approached by an adorable but curious mare who had first asked about their wagon, then asked their names. Second, as the unicorn brothers were about to speak, Razor came up to them, they assumed, to get a better look. Now it was time for the two siblings to 'play the parts' they had discussed earlier, the 'cover story' they had planned to use if challenged.

"That is a lovely name, Miss Sprinkles," Flam said happily, "and of course, fair is fair, we asked your name, now we will tell you ours!"

"Yes indeed," Flim added. "My name is Flip, and this is my brother Flap. We do odd jobs by trade."

"But now, we've decided to take time off the job for some sightseeing!" Flam neighed, turning towards Razor, "and that's our story."

"By the way, kind griffon, what is your name? You do look familiar, have you ever been to Dodge Junction?"

• 2 weeks later...

Razor looked carefully at the two brothers. Something was definitely off on them. As a predator he could pick up on the slightest bit of tension in a prey animal when hunting. But...that could be because well...he is scary.

'And they should be. I am a griffon after all.' He thought with a smirk.

"Dodge Junction? Well I've been around a few place so I might have. Why?" Razor asked, tilting his head slightly to give the twins a curious look, "Seen me around before?"

Archived