Together We Stand (private)

NamelessTrax

Setting: Canterlot Palace Ball Room

Time: 1920 (7:20)

Wolf showed up at the party near the front entrance, he wore a white long sleeved dress shirt with a silver vest and bow tie, his sleeves were rolled up past his elbows, he topped it off with a white fedora with a silver band, fashionably he had it cantere down to one side.

Black rolled up in a slick corvette, he handed the keys to the Servant and opened the door to let his date out, Fleur-de-lis took his hand and got out. She took his arm and they strode down the red carpet entrance, Wolf just stood with his mouth wide open, Black winked at him before they went in. "How the buck.... Since when?" Wolf said dumbfoundedly.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blast sat at the bar where he could have clear sight of everyone at the party. "Radz, you have visual on all of us?" he whispered in his ear piece. "I do, everyone is in my view range, anyone gets in trouble, I can provide support." she answered. Blast nodded "alright."

Killjoy was next to Blast "so are you actually going to enjoy yourself...or are you going to be the strict and serious Officer on a mission?" she asked. Blast was quiet for a moment "it's hard...trying to enjoy yourself when you know something is bound to happen, we here to guard someone. If I start enjoying myself, I fear I would get distracted from the task at hand." he answered. Killjoy nodded "understandable, but you have been really on edge the past few days, I think you need this" she said sincerely. Blast knew he was a little off lately. "maybe you're right..." he said adjusting his beret. Killjoy smirked "well come on, I'll buy us some drinks" she said waving to the bartender. Blast shook his head "I don't drink, alcohol doesn't exactly agree with me." he said hiding the fact he can't have alcohol or else his system will purge it by making him vomit. Killjoy sighed "then do you at least dance?" she asked. Blast shook his head "I don't know how." he answered. Killjoy took his hand "fine i'll teach you, it's a slow dance, all you gotta do is move side to side in sync with your partner." she said dragging him to the middle of the floor, she put her hand on his shoulders. "now you put your hands on my waist and we will first move to the left then right and repeat until the song is over. easy as pie." she said reassuringly. Blast put his hands on her waist and they both started to dance. Killjoy laughed "don't think this is special now." she said jokingly. Blast smirked "I don't, I recall you don't swing that way." he said. Killjoy nodded "that's true." she said. Though Blast couldn't help but notice how beautiful Killjoy was, he always saw her in either training clothes or full tactical gear. She was more beautiful than anyone he has seen. "Then again, maybe you shouldn't made yourself so pretty." Blast said looking at a lot of the other guys looking at Killjoy. Killjoy laughed "and miss out on free drinks and get the chance to crush a few hearts? Not a chance."

Soul, Blade, Kane and Headshot walked into the room at the same time. Soul wore a simple black suit, and was smoking an expensive cigar. Blade was dressed similarly but was instead smoking a regular cigarette. Kane entered with a silver flask of whiskey, taking a sip as he entered. Headshot was, of course, dressed to the teeth. He wore a far nicer and more expensive suit that the others, several pieces of gold jewelry including chains, bracelets, rings and watches. He wore his shades despite being inside at night. "How much did your parents pay for that, Headshot?" Kane teased. The two of them went to the same college and were fraternity brothers, so teasing between them was common. "Shut up, Kane."

((Awe i was actually starting to see that relationship unfold thou))

Wolf was chatting with a group of girls, they laughed from time to time as he cracked his jokes and told funny stories. He said his farewell and started up the stairs to the balcony. Black was already there flirting with Fleur De Lis, Wolf rolled his eyes and went to stand at the railing overlooking the party below. His bright blue predator eyes scanned the room and finally rested on the stage where a beautiful woman played a cello, he could see her bright violet eyes from here. Wolf sighed, "You made your choices long ago Wolfy boy, you cant have a family." He started off with a scoffing grin, his expression changed to solemn frown knowing he desperately wanted to start over.

Soul wondered off on his own for a moment when he noticed Princess Sparkle nearby looking bored. He got two drinks from the bar and walked over to her. "Long night, your highness?" he said, handing her one of the glasses of champagne. "You could said that." she responded, taking the drink and smiling. "It's been a while since I've been to a social event, and hearing Miss Melody perform is always a treat." Soul was taken aback at how easy it was to talk to the Princess. "What's your name?" she asked. "Soulscream. I'm with the Nightwatch." Twilight raised an eyebrow. "So you're here as part of the mission? Princess Celestia informed me that you were looking for somebody here." Soul nodded. "Well, we need to keep it quiet. Don't want a panic and for our target to escape." Twilight smiled again. "Well, while you're here, enjoy yourself. You've earned it in my book." Soul smiled. "So far, I am. I've already met a beautiful woman tonight." Twilight giggled with a blush as they clicked their glasses and drank the champagn.

((booo...lame!))

Killjoy heard a click when Blasted stepped to the right and put her hand to his side and felt the Desert Eagle. "Really...you brought a Magnum to the party?" she asked raising an eyebrow. Blast smirked "and 5 M4 carbines inside the paneling of the bar along with grenades." he said. Killjoy kept the eyebrow raised "mhmmm..." Blast sighed "and gas masks behind the painting to our left with a light machine gun in a false door right beside the painting....and a spas 12 equipped with frag shells under the boards we are on." he said with a innocent grin. Killjoy nodded "I don't think anyone could be more paranoid than you." she said laughing. Blast scoffed "I call it being realistic..."

"You forgot about the SMGs under the piano, and really, silver rounds? I can smell them from here." Wolf chatted in over the com piece they were all given before the offical start of the mission. Black stopped drinking his beer instantly as heard about the silver rounds in Blasts magnum. "And thanks for the Five-seven that was hidden in the railing, I guess that makes us even." Wolf added as he safely hid the pistol on his person.

Blast rolled his eyes "one of these rounds has your name on it...and they are fragmentation rounds that release small silver pellets into your body...survival is impossible. and that isn't silver you're smelling...only decoys to keep you dogs away from our firepower. I made the bullets myself, they are layered in a alloy that masks scent but yes they are silver." he countered. "And I made sure Radz has a nice M82 50. Sniper rifle with explosive silver mist rounds, even the round misses, you have to worry about the mist. Now if anyone else wants to barge in, I also have armor piercing and high velocity rounds."

"Killing your team memebers, Kim made you out to be a hero, when your just as heartless as 'he' is." Wolf countered with eveidence of him knowing another Trinity soldier and comparing Blast to Trax. "Cut the chatter you two, lets keep this line clear or your both off this mission." Black raised his voice as he comanded his team, the threat being all too true. Wolf made one more glare at Blast before heading down the stairs to meet up with Kane, Headshot and Blade. "Was up boys? Liking the goods?" Wolf asked as he nodded to the girls around them.

Kane looked to Wolf, a dark mixed drink in his hands. "Headshot here is just remembering his college days." He pointed to Headshot attracting a crowd of women by sharing mostly untrue tales of his "legacy" at college. "And then, with :24 seconds left, I threw the game winning touchdown pass, and we made it to the playoffs!" he said loudly as he downed another shot. The girls around him were enthralled with Headshot's fabricated heroic college football tale. "Actually, our starting QB was injured and he was the backup......and we actually finished with a 2-12 record that year. Don't ruin his dreams though." Kane whispered to Wolf with a smirk. Blade didn't hear Wolf, as he was busy talking with a yellow mare with a pink mane and tale, both of them smoking a cigarette.

Wolf saw Soul flirting with Princess Twilight and Blade talking it up with the shy girl he often heard of. He sucked in a deep breath and exhaled rubbing his hands together, "Alright bro, whats you got for me, pick a girl and she'll be coming hime with me tonight. No married ones please, thats unfair." Wolf challenged Kane eagerly looking around at the girls around them.

Kane sighed and shook his head. "I could care less, man. Have at it." he said, taking another sip of his drink. "I don't have time for girls." He tried to act nonchalant about it, but still had a suspicious air about him. He looked over to Killjoy, who looked quite attractive in her tight red dress. "How about her? Go for it."

Wolf shook his head, "And no Lesbians either, that just spells out destruction, not to mention three strikes rolled into one swing." He said folding his arms in admittance to defeat. "Come on, how'd you nit know shes a .... Oooooh shït, you didnt did you?" He realized it like a smack in the face.

"You do realize everyone can hear you, right?" Black came in calmly over the com.

Killjoy was right behind Wolf, she heard everything. The only ones who knew that she liked women was Blast, so obviously Wolf did some snooping. "Anything else you want to spread around j@ckass?" she asked in a more than angered tone. "you already hit strike three." Killjoy flung the drink in Wolf's face before walking off.

Wolf wiped off his face and began to dry his shirt and tie, "Well I figured out she was lesbian by her attitude and how she talked, plus she just gave off the kind if vibe. But I honestly didnt know the rest of didnt, I mean your all on the same team are you not? Secrets do not help the team chemistry and therefore do not bond together as a single compound. I honestly have a secret that I want to tell the team once I thought I've been accepted in. I'm starting to see why Soul had a bad start to his morrning, if you dont have your team mates back how will you survive the onslaught?" Wolf explained to him sincerely, realizing he made a mistake of thinking this team was skilled and made of heart, but the more he learns, the more wrong he finds himself to be.

((Boom, you cant handle the truth, and take my professional word for it, being in the military now its exactly how that right there is, if you dint have your battle buddies back, then you might as well be the one to put the bullet in his head. Its also the same idea in a wolf pack, the pack is one together.))

"secrets don't matter, we all have them. We accept each other no matter what, we are a team...we've been a team for years. We already vowed to defend each other to the bitter end. We aren't just going to dismantle because someone has a tiny secret. We are a family bound by blood and lead. If she didn't want people to know she was a lesbian then let her. Granted, we would all accept her either way. I don't like how you have the audacity to assume that we are dysfunctional all because we hold light secrets. You can insult me and make sly remarks...but don't ever talk about my team. That...I will not accept, you've been warned." Blast said walking to the bar where the rest of his team were. Keeping his secret is keeping his team alive. He would give his life if it meant saving them, and they would do the same. Nothing is going to change that.

((you would have a point, though holding little secrets will not destroy a strong bond like Blast and his team has already formed. they are already a family.))

"What makes you think we didn't know? And what makes you think we don't have each other's back? No offense, but you're the newcomer here. You wouldn't understand our chemistry." Kane suddenly looked over to Soul, who was now dancing with Princess Twilight. "What exactly did Soul say to you this morning?"

((Actually neither of is right or wrong, it comes in many forms and shapes, its how we adapt to each other and how we use that as a strength in combat))

Wolf took the earpiece out and put in his drink then threw it in the trash, "Maybe its a secret Kane, and this team likes secrets right?" He said coldly before turning around, "just keep an eye on him will ya." He said over his shoulder before walking away into the crowd, the beautiful sound of the sweet mare with the cello filled his mind, Wolf instantly felt his anger and hate fade away. "A family huh? Why cant I have that again?" He said to himself sadly.

((Alright, get Slipknot in, also Azure will be there as well but theres a catch to his presence.))

Kane rolled his eyes at Wolf and continued to take sips of his drink. He had completely toned out Headshot's rambling and Soul and Blade's conversation with the other women. He just say and stared into his drink. Suddenly an orange mare came and sat next to him. "Howdy, partner. This seat taken'?" she asked in a strong southern accent. Kane looked at her for a moment, admiring how attractive she was. "Uh...no. Go ahead ma'am." The mare sat down and ordered a cider, taking a large gulp from it. "So what are y'all doin' here by yerself, sugarcube?" Kane shrugged. "Just relaxing, keeping an eye out. You know, Nightwatch business."

Suddenly there was a round of applause as the host of the party entered, dressed to the teeth in expensive clothing and jewelry. His entourage was dressed similarly. He took a microphone from somebody nearby. "Thank you all for coming. I am Slipknot, multi-millionaire and entrepreneur extraordinaire, and it is an honor to have Miss Octavia Melody performing for us this fine evening." The entire party cheered briefly for Octavia. "You are all my guest tonight. Please enjoy your stay and make a night to remember!" The crowd cheered as he handed the microphone back and began to converse with business partners.

Black watched patiently, "Thats our target, keep your distance but observe him closely." He ordered over the com.

Wolf took a deep breath in as he enhaled Slipknots scent, "Gotcha." He said with a victorious grin. He now focused his attention on Octavia, "Octavia Melody? Its a beautiful name.... And who I cannot get close to." He said discouragingly. He turned back around and ordered a drink, suddenly his nose twitched as a man sat next to him, "I'll take what hes having sir." Azure said in a well mannered tone, he turned to Wolf, "You know its sad you cant just let go and move on, or are you just stalling because your afraid?" He said with a challenging smirk. Wolf grolwed before taking a sip, "You know for a fact its harder than this Azure, so did you get what I asked for?"

Azure brought out a pair of dog tags with the trinity mark stamped into them, "It took me awhile since the area was sealed off by the army, not to mention getting away from Trax long enough to complete the offer." He said as he handed them to Wolf.

Octavia smiled and bowed at being acknowledged and played on after his speech.

Blast looked at Slipknot "scan" he mumbled as his eyes flickered. "Complete Match, Target Slipknot acquired. Now on RADAR." The robotic voice said as he saw the red ping on a mini map located to the bottom of his left eye. "Plus there is a werewolf in the area, picking up a scent signature different from Wolf's." It said. Blast growled "bucking hell..." he whispered looking around and saw the person sitting next to Wolf "Radz keep an eye on the person next to wolf, keep him on your sights until I give the okay."

"Got it." Radz said putting the cross hairs right on the Azure's head. Radz checked the drapes on her scope to make sure the light doesn't reflect off the lens and then looked back into her scope and kept visual on Azure.

Wolf took the dog tags and held them up, "Was this... All you could find of her?" He asked shakingly , Azure shook his head, "I'd rather not say, consider it a gift brother, we'll keep in touch. He said patting Wolf on the shoulder and getting up to walk away, as he passed behind a large group he disappeared into the crowd and eventually off radar. Wolf starred at the tags, "Hey Kim, its good to see you again, and I'm so sorry. Please forgive me" he mumbled under his breath as he shuddered at the memory of her death.

Archived