The Nightmare Sovereignty part one (open.)

Xarionette

"King of Nightmares? I think we have to many rulers of dark things than we need. What if moving around these things brought a new evil on equestria that we've never seen before. And frankly I have a lot of nightmares thanks to my 'special talent' and what if im only making this guy stronger?" Venus continued to voice her worries. "I just dont have a good feeling about this."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Within the jewel a mist like substance danced as the broken crowns glew red like the Guard's horn. The crowns reformed into prestine condition each one having a different jewel as the center stone. Around the room there were pedestals with with colored light emeinating from them it signify what crown went where.

Silver smiled and began to work there were two left now and she took one of them. "I'm part of Luna's Guard, Vice-Captain or whatever, you would like to call me," she looked up at the pedestal and placed it upon the stand.

"My talent is night cloud duty and my fighting ability, I guess," she removed her headpiece as her platted hair fell to the side.

As the last gem was pit in place a faint rumbling would be heard as the gem in the center cracked and shattered. Leaving behind a swirling purple vortex that crackled with red energy.

Six ponies came out I'm armor like the one before. There were three unicorns and three pegasai.

Then the feeling of darkest dread flooded forth from the portal as the large hoof of Lord Skarr exited from the portal. The points of his three horns followed after. His eyes were blank and featureless, his mane was black and silver his coat was black with gold streaks on his legs. His every breath was followed by a black fog.

His horns lit up like pillars of flame.

"You are the ones who released the barrier?" Skarr asked the two mares before him. His was deep and one would hear whispers echoing what he said.

"I guess you've earned some anwsers." Skarr said teleporting between the two mares. "As you no doubt pieced together, I am Lord Skarr, King of Nightmares." Before they could turn to him he vanished. "And though that portal is my kingdom. The Everdream. Perhaps you would like to vist it before I merge your world with it."

Silver eyed the portal again, annoyed that this Lord Skarr kept disappearing. "Unfortunately we'll have to decline that offer, why don't you return though and pretend this never happened?" Silver felt her hair raise on her back in alarm but stood her ground.

She opened her bat wings to make her seem more of a threat and bared her teeth.

"HEY! GET AWAY FROM HER!" Venus yelled stepping up to Lord Skarr temporarily forgetting her fear. "You have no right to talk to her like that! Now why don't you go back through your little toilet portal and leave us alone!" She yelled her wings opening in anger

Silver glared back, then her face softened. "A king of Nightmares correct? Already in charge, why would you want to come to this little place and be left in defeat?" Silver closed her wings and circled him.

"You're only the mere being of Nightmares, a unicorn stuck with darkening looks, but I am bred from the night purely dark, oir Princess on the other hand is the night, " Silver stopped before she stood next to Venus.

"She controls all shadows, night, moon and dreams, you're nothing compared to her," She spat this with venom in her voice as she then walked up to Lord Skarr, nosr to nose.

"Leave while you have the chance,"

Skarr let the mares finish their bravado "you have a little fight in you. I like that. But you're world will fall like all others." Skarr said with his eyes taking a red hue. "A mere being of Nightmares. No I am the source. Your Princess will never know peace. I curse this land with nightmares unrelenting. Only to break when I have what I need." Skarr said as his magic formed a serries of black clouds before the clouds were set ablaze.

Outside the plant life had died and become brittle. "Run before I consume your essence."

Silver growled and then her eyes grew wide. "Venus go! Grab one of the crowns off the pedestals quick!" Silver opened her wings as she took off. She grabbed two crowns off their pedestals.

"You'll never take Equestria," she said calmy as she aimed her sword at him she threw it and then stood on the wall, watching him from above. She would not back down.

Venus heard Silver tell Ber to run. She began to run down the hallway but instead of continuing she turned back and flying through the air kicked Skarr towards the tunnel. She flew up then swooped taking another crown off the pedestal and grabbing Silver. She dragged her behind her and out of the fortress.

"Get the other one. This one is mine." She directed his personal guard as he caught the flying sword. "Come. The time for words is over." Skarr's magic engulfed his body in cimson light. The air around Silver would feel heavy "I curse you. Your wings will be stone. Your speed will fail you. " skarr uttered his Curse on Silver.

Archived