Equestrian Spec Ops (2 spots open)

RainbowDaringDash

Doc separated from Blackwing  grabbing the bag of food. As he flashed his i.d to get on base.

He thought about telling Blackwing to get the pilot ready, but he knew Blackwing knew what he was doing.

He made his way up to the recovery rooms. He quickly found Midnights room and knocked on the door saying

hey its me, can I come in?” doc couldn’t help but smile knowing he would see her again.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Midnight looked in the mirror, normally how she looked meant jack all to her, but for once, she was actually trying despite the stupid gown she was wearing. Her hair was done up nearly in a bun, she'd managed to convince the nurse to let her use some hairspray plus a few other bits and bots to make her look less, ugly, less rough. She was trying to make herself look nice, a first if there ever was one, but then again, Doc. He deserved to see her look nice at least once after all he'd done for her.

She heard the knock and Docs voice. She quickly sat down on the bed, triple checking her hair hadn't come undone, and thankfully, only a few strands had. "Y-yeah sure! Come on in Doc!"

Doc opened the door smiling, in his most gentle voice he called out “hey! How do you feel?”

He walked in and saw midnight on the bed to his surprise she had her hair up it looked great on her! He sat down on the chair next to her and set the clothes on her bed

“I got some stuff that should fit … you look nice” Doc said trying to hide an oncoming heat in his cheeks. he felt his heart pounding a bit, exited to see her again.

Midnight smiled at doc despite how she felt, which was stupid. This wasn't her style, normally she didn't give a damn what people thought of her, but doc was different, she wanted him to like her, and it started with how she looked. She quickly turned to the clothes on her bed. Most of it looked nice, though she felt kind of bad realizing what Doc had to go through.

"Thank you so much! These look great, I really owe you for this" Standing up, she hugged Dog tightly, before backing away realzing what she'd done without thinking "I mean, sorry, I shouldn't have acted like that, I just didn't think and, I....i'm sorry" she backed away a little, embarrassed at her actions. She shouldn't be this, emotional! She was meant to play hard to get, that's what she was meant to be doing, she like him, and urgh! Her thoughts kept trainwrekting and not letting her finish before another thought invaded her mind, leaving her standing in the middle of the room muttering incoheriantly to herself.

Doc let out a mental sigh of relieve that she wasn’t going to try to stab him for what he got her.

Then she did something that surprised him and hugged him. Doc went to wrap her arms around  her- but she quickly backed away and started rambling.

Doc watched the cute little sniper, and couldn’t help but laugh a bit he stood up to wrapping over her and wrapped his arms around her putting his neck on hers,  he gave her a squeeze just enjoying her being so close. The feel of her body against his.

Eventually he let go and stepped back his hands still on her shoulders he said “hey .. its o.k … I love you”

He shook a bit at those words, did he really just say that out loud?

Midnight looked up as Doc laughed and wrapped himself around her! While part of her screamed to get out of his grip, she relaxed into it, she couldn't help herself, she felt safe, even if slightly uncomfortable, it was the safety she'd felt in years, like nothing could touch her, nothing could hurt her. Warmth of human contact, specifically Doc, was increasing, something she hadn't honestly expected in her life, yet here it was.

She looked at him curious as he put a hand on her shoulder, but she wasn't expecting what he said next, or specifically, three words of it. 'I love you'. She opened her mouth, before realizing what had been said and completely freezing like a deer in headlights. She felt her body shake. She tried to get words to come out, to say anything at that point, but couldn't. She'd frozen completely, comprehending what he'd just said. Did he mean it, or was he just trying to see if she believed him and was stupid enough to fall for it? No! Doc wouldn't do that to her, would he? But, did he love her? And a little more important, did she love him?

"Doc...I, this, I mean, we're...but i'm, like, rules say we can't, but....like, I know, rules...stupid, and, I feel, like, you know, same, but, no, it's not that, it's like, rules say, but what I feel, it's harder...but we're not meant to, could hurt, if they know, and I, protect you, you know, and like, take me away, ....I don't want to lose you, s-since...since we met, I've felt more alive than ever...but we, I mean us, rules say we can't, but....I.....I....." Midnight looked down at the ground, her words becoming quieter and quieter as they continued as she tried, and failed, to create a working sentence and returned to her incoherent muttering.

"i think...I, do too.." she said, quiet as before, head down, scared at Docs reaction. Was this where he made fun of her for being weak? She flinched, expecting doc to start mocking her. Everyone else had, but it was doc! Surely he wouldn't, but that fear deep in her ate her reaction and confidence.

In his life Doc had had a few women who were special in his life,  but none of them worked out, Midnight blew all those other women away, she was strong!

Despite the fact that she had just turned into a sputtering mess. Doc listened patiently. She had a hard time talking but he eventually made out what she was saying

She wasn’t sure, it would be hard to make it work, and then there was the professionalism/ fraternization aspect. She was his partner and patient! Doc didn’t really think of that aspect. What it would be like in the field.

Doc shrugged and spoke from his heart “Midnight … I won’t deny how we both feel!  your strong, beautifull, fiery ... adorable, and brave."

He brought her into his chest holding her close, Doc held her there trying to calm down her shaking and said “I know how I feel an I’m not gong to hide it” he rested his head on top of hers and whispered “I …  we can make this work .. I know we can”

Midnight put her arms around Doc when he held her close, hearing his heart in his chest, her whole body shaking as she listened carefully. He truly did care, this wasn't some trick to make her lower her walls, it was how he really felt. She pulled him in tighter, trying to squeeze him with what strength she had, which wouldn't impose much on Doc.

"I...we're....we can make it work, keep it from ...so you don't get punished....we'll..stay together... I don't want to lose you, I don't want to go back to how things were, before we met. I want this future, one...one with you" She kept her grip tight, and despite it being a whisper, she felt like she was screaming.

Doc felt her hug back tightly, it felt nice, her touch made his whole body feel relaxed and comfortable, a little tingly also.

He squeezed back and said “I want this too, I wont let anything get in our way! … together!” he gently cupped her chin and lifted her head starring onto her icy blue eyes

so beautiful … can I kiss you?” he asked 

doc was bit afraid she would turn around and stab him, but he needed to at least try he wanted this to feel her lips, more than anything right now, 

Midnight nodded her head, she wouldn't le the military, not the her old team, nothing, would get in her way! She wouldn't lose him, she couldn't lose him. Not now, not ever. She felt him cup her chin, making it shake as she looked up at him, her lips shaking at the thought of what he was planning to do.

"I......" She felt frozen when he asked if he could kiss her, she wanted to scream yes! But her body was having trouble keeping up with her mind "..please..." was all she managed to get out before leaning up on her tippy-toes and closing her eyes, praying that this wasn't a dream, and if it was, to never wake up.

Doc smiled when she said

please” and she even stood up a bit to help him. Doc leaned down and tilted his head he closed his eyes as he pressed his lips against hers.

Once he felt her soft lips he went in.

It felt good! It was the greatest feeling he ever felt! No words or speech could describe how he felt right now, and how he felt for her! He rubbed her back and put his hand on back of her head.

Doc leaned back breaking the kiss he opened his eyes and said “perfect”

Midnight felt like she was standing in her position for hours, when it was just seconds, before she felt something against her lips, doc! She grabbed him, pulling herself against him as she kissed him. He wasn't rough, or forceful, it was soft and caring and gentle and she loved every second of it. She purred quietly as he started rubbing her back and touched the back of her neck, before she felt him lean back. She took a deep breath, having completely breathless from the kiss.

"I..we're, that...this isn'ta dream, please tell me this isn't a dream and i'm not going to wake up from my operation and have to go back to the way things were?"

Doc let out a slight smile and said “no its real … silent hill; that’s actually one of my greatest fears, to have everything you know just be an illusion. … but no I can assure you its real.” He said giving her cheek a gentle pinch, before caressing it with his finger.

hey ill get your discharge papers, why don’t you get dressed?” Doc suggested

“I wish we could stay here like this all day but …” Doc said looking to the door.

Blackwing said we got a call form base, a mission. We don’t know what” he said a bit disappointed to break up the moment 

Midnight smiled when he confirmed it was real, and blushes as he touched her cheek. She nodded when he offered to get her papers and get dressed.

"A new mission? Sure, just make sure the papers are done...and, umm.." Midnight looked at the door, not seeing anyone before leaning up again, grabbing Doc by the shoulders and kissing him quickly on the lips, before backing away slightly "s-sorry..just wanted to make sure I wasn't dreaming..Now, go get those papers, I need to get changed"

After Doc left, Midnight threw off her gown and quickly changed into the clothes she'd been got. Fully clothes underneath, she was happilt wearing sweatpants, a green shirt and her hoodie which was warm and fluffly. She mentally reminded to thank Doc for them all. Happy with how she felt, she packed the others in a bag before heading out to the reception, trying to find Doc.

Doc was leaning over the counter, acually helping a younger corpman how to use the medical program saying "there you go then you press enter ... enter again and there you go ... its a complicated system i know but you get used to it." the corpman nodded and thanked him while spinning around in his chair to pick up the printing out discharge papers.

he turned around smiling again to seeing midnight. and handed her the papers. "wow, you look good in civies" he said looking over her walking with her towards the exit.

he wanted to reach out and hold her hand but he was unsure of a couple things and decided against it. he said "all right BlackWing should be in his room gathering getting ready to go, we nee to stop there anyway so lets go there." he said to midnight.

Midnight finally manged to see Doc, and grabbed he papers from him, blushing at the compliment "I, I, well..thanks, you...you too" she wasn't sure if she was flirting, or not, but hoped it was working. Following doc to the exit. She was curious about the mission, but also about what equipment they'd be getting.

"Has he told you anything, about the mission I mean. I'd like to know something...also, ummm, I know this is a bad time, but do you have any food? I haven't eaten since last night and i'm hungry as all demons right now..." She felt embarrassed, but the fact was she hadn't eaten since the previous day and her stomach was starting to eat her up!

Doc face palmed himself saying “oh .. this is for you" he said lifting the brown bag filled with food

fish and chips … Blackwing stopped and got some. … I prefer the local flavor myself, but these are pretty good,” he said walking along side her.

we can eat while packing up in your room” he added opening it letting her grab a handful of fires or fish to hold her over.

hey so I uhh though I was good with accents but I was wrong at least once today. .. you sound like your from England?” Doc said a little unsure of himself. but talking about fish and chips and calling it that couldn't help but make Doc question accents and where she was acually from

I juuuust want to know more about the woman I love”

Midnight looked at the food, it wasn't her first pick, but she was starving so she quickly grabbed a handful of chips and greedily ate them, before looking slightly embarrassed "Sorry...it's, well, like I said, haven't eaten in..a while"

She tilted her head when he asked her accent, what did he mean, he's got one wrong already? Blackwing maybe, but he was similar to her, silent and distant. But maybe. "I'm from England yeah, though I've spent half my life in Australia so my accents a mash between the pair of them, if that makes any sense at all" She blushes heavily at Docs last comment "I...I....I love you too" she was quieter at the end, unsure why, but she felt slightly embarrassed saying it out loud.

Doc smiled as she swallowed the fries. “its ok,” she didn’t need to worry about being a messy eater in front of him.

He listened to what she said and smiled when she told him she loved him.

They walked outside and he said “o.k I don’t feel so bad now, I was having a hard tome tracking your accent. Yeah I wrongly guessed Blackwing was from England, turns out he is from Australia also, but that guy barely talks so you cant blame me  for that one. “ he laughed slightly watching her while walking.

I was born and raised in America, grew up mostly in the north east, growing up was kind of boring actually. A lot of playing in the woods and all that which was nice. I already told you I have a fairly large family. ..” Doc stopped thinking what else to say.

He knew Midnight even though she had opened up to him, she would still probably have a hard time sharing so it was only fair that he answered his own questions also.

“so yeah north west that’s why sometimes I don’t pronounce my R’s” he said with a bit of  light chuckle

"You are right about that, the guy barely talks. I didn't notice he was an Aussie if i'm honest with you. Though I can hear the American in you, it's, well, very clear for me. Though, it's, different. I, well, I like different"

Midnight tiled her head when Doc seemed to fade off talking about his family, was...oh, it was her turn to talk.. She ran her hand through her hair, before smiling.

"AS for me, well, I was travelling back and forth between England and Uk, paretns work meant I had a home around a year before I moved, left at 18, sick of not having my own choice, joined up in the military, and, well, i'm one of the best, despite that fact my commander was nearly fired for how he trained me"

Midnight paused as she walked through the door, taking a good hard look at Doc. She shouldn't keep secrets from him, yet, her old unit, her team, it was sinister. The training, to the missions. No limits, no hesitation. Complete the objective, no questions asked, no mercy given. Midnight used to make those captives sing with information, before putting them out of their misery. That was a small taste of her old unit.

"Doc.... With my old team, I did. Questionable missions, received inhumane training. I was beaten and broken dozens of times, I was tortured physically, psychologically, emotionally. I was pushed to the breaking point, then shoved off that breaking cliff. My commander had no care for rules, he cared about results, regardless of the costs. He would cut down a thousand mercs to get his target, if that's what it took to complete the objective"

She walked over to Doc, resting a hand on his shoulder "I'm not proud of everything I've done, and one day, I will have to answer for everything I did, all the lives on my back, all the pain I've caused. But my commander made me who I am today, he made me the warrior I am. Because of him, I...I met you, and maybe, I can do better now. But, trust me Doc, I...we were called 'Fire time Lucifer', or 'little devils' for a reason in the day. But i'm different, or, starting to be. I wasn't like my commander, I cared about the men I killed, how I achieve my missions. I didn't slaughter troops for the sake, or for little mission info. My unit is questionable, but...i'm not them Doc..please, believe me"

Doc listened with shock

He had heard of the devils did not think they were real, a myth created by someone who had watched to many movies. And now the woman who he had fallen in love with was telling him she was one of them,

A true black op who had done deniable mission and violated almost every war crime in the book.

midnight I … I” he took her hand in his, she was so small but strong. “I trust you. I do but I don’t know how I feel about that” he said as he walked with her holding her hand to the elevator.

“I love you, I believe you … but what does that mean for us … for everything?”

Midnight half expected Doc to leave, to up and go. She wouldn't blame him, after all, if he knew what she'd done, the things she'd done, he probably deserved someone better. She looked away, she didn't deserve happiness, not after all she'd done. She followed him into the elevator, pressing the button to close the door, but not pressing a floor number, before hugging him, placing herself in his chest

"It..it doesn't change anything. I'm still me. All the records about our missions don't exist, there isn't a way for someone to fail war crimes against my old team. But before, I had to reason to leave, I was alone before. But now, I have a reason, I have you Doc! Please, I...I just found a new life, with you, I..i don't want to lose you, please, just, stay with me. I'm different, i'll show you, i'm not a devil, not anymore...please just, believe me.."

Doc almost cried a bit, as he listened to her. He couldn’t help it!

In a burst of pure emotion he picked her up and kissed her on the lips really going into it! He was about to go all the way and put his tongue in her mouth when the doors opened up and

“omesaywai DESU!” Doc stopped and awkwardly looked at a Japanese woman starring at them from the elevator door. Ironically it was there floor also.

Doc stopped blushing and lead her out avoiding the smiling; kind of creepy Japanese woman. He laughed a bit and said “you know I stayed in your room the whole time and didn’t go in mine at all. .. come on lets eat and get ready” he said waiting for her to open the door

Archived