Equestrian Spec Ops (2 spots open)

RainbowDaringDash

The pilot was talking to the S.M. She had been told to take a squad to Tokyo for a check up, and to advance their healing speed. She sighed when he said 'Thunder Chicken'. She looked him in the eye, not even caring about his rank. 

"Come on, stop calling me that, I am probably the bravest pilot here, you need to find a better nickname. For now, il go with just 'Lighting', you want it changed, better find something that suits me" She said to him, her tone a bit angry, though full of a jokingly tone, and a smile on her face. Then, she heard a sudden crash, causing her to jump in shock. She turned, noticing a marine had just dropped stuff. 

"Heh...heh....." She said, slowly backing off and going inside. She sat down, sighing, waiting for the people that she was taking to Tokyo to arrive.

Black walked up to the chopper, standing next to the S.M as he looked at the bird. 

"When you need us for a job, send our gear to us and tell me the objective. Oh, and small favor, could you get this for me?" He said to the S.M, giving him a small list of items he wanted sent to him when they had a assignment. He then walked in, sitting down against the wall in the corner, thinking about stuff.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Breaker took the paper and watched as Blackwing got in.

“ill talk to my supply marines; see what we can do.” He said as he walked off.

Doc helped mdnight into the V-22 and sat in the seat. His uniform was wet and cold from all his sweat. It was uncomfortable to say the least.

He leaned back and put the belts on. He took a deep breath and looked at the purple hanging on top of her seat.

Doc really wasn’t in the mood to talk right now he just wanted to rest and ferment in his own stinking uniform, but he nodded to the pilot and said

“hey nice to meet you.”

once everyone was inside the rotors fired up! Doc felt the tilt axis turning as they flew off

(for pacing im just saying everyone is in the vehicle and were heading off)

Midnight let herself get moved by Doc, getting into the V-22 without much incident and sitting down next to Doc. She looked at him, he looked tired. She tiled her head at him, slowly moving her arm up before gently poking him in the cheek "Doc...." she said, sounding worried "You..do you wanna rest? You look tired..."

Thru his peripheral vision he saw midnight looking at him, but when she touched his cheek he felt it blush and redden.

She asked him if he was tired.

Doc took a long blink struggling to bring his eyelids up again. He turned his head to look at her. He couldn’t help but smile, and laugh a little

ha- yeah I’m exhausted! Didn’t get much sleep within the past 24 hours. I’m just glad every one is o.k. and were out of danger. Get some rest in Tokyo.”

He made eye contact with her like he always does when he talks to someone. And for just a second he was blown away and stunned by her intense icy blue eyes! He noticed them before but never really noticed how deep and beautiful they were!

wow, … you got some;  blue eyes there.” his voice a strange mixture of sleep deprived drunkenness and straight up admiration

Midnight smiled at Doc when he said he was tired. He looked shattered, and needed a good rest. The chopper trip was as good of a place to nap up as any. "Well, if you wanna nap here.. I'll look after you, I mean, it's not like we're gunna get attacked in it. You rest up" she smiled up at him.

She frowned at Doc when he pointed out her eyes. Of course they were blue eyes, they'd always been blue. They'd been blue since they met, why was he mentioning them now? "Ummm....T-thanks? I think you're a little tired, you seem to be a little out of it"

Doc let out a laugh under his breath..

“sorry didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable. … but yeah. I uhhhhh”

Doc felt himself trailing off his mind automatically trying to set itself to sleep.

“yeah, I need a rest. Getting shot at and *YAWN* paperwork” Doc stopped fighting his eyelids and let them fall.  He laid back in his seat.

Now in a much needed state of sleep Doc slumped in his chair to the left towards midnight. The straps of the seat belt kept him a decent space away from her but was still leaning in her direction

In his sleep he twitched and squirmed a bit uncomfortable but too exhausted to do anything about it

Midnight watched as Doc litterially fell asleep in front of her. He was being held up by his seatbelt, and it didn't look comfortable. Looking around, she picked up a pistol she'd pocketed earlier "If any of you say anything about this, you'll be the first to die" she said simply before reaching up and unbuckling Doc's seat, catching his head and letting him rest on her lap. She ran her hands gently through his head, before glancing up and resting the pistol on the bench next to her.

Blackwing during the trip just stayed in the cockpit, sitting next to the pilot as she flew them towards Tokyo. His mind was racing, though not enough so that he was uneasy. He stayed silent, just wondering about how he would do with his new team. They had seemed to warm up to each other, though himself, he was still isolating himself from them. He sighed to himself, not caring if the pilot heard them as he closed his eyes, and started to rest. 

The pilot just kept flying, noticing that her co pilot right now, did not want to talk. 

(TIME SKIP)

Black heard the plane land, waking up, he got out of his seat and walked to where the others were.

As doc slept he felt very comfortable, better than he had in a long time. But as soon as he felt the offsprey stop moving he awoke with a shock. He did a side roll landing on the floor of the offsprey making a 3 point landing.  With his free hand he drew his blade only to see he was at midnight’s feet and staring at him from outside the bird was a higher ranking corpman.

The corpman took a step back and said

“easy there petty officer your safe now, my name is Dolly I’m here to take you guys to your rooms”

Doc stood up and looked at him he knew this dolly

HM1 Parton? I know you I was one of the last coprman classes in great lakes you drove and instructed my class in and out of the A school!”

HM1 Parton or as he liked to call himself “dolly” (as a joke) smiled

“well small navy! Come on now we got rooms waiting for you all.”

Doc stood up and for a second questioned how he got out of the seat belt and shrugged it off as some other corpman came in and helped them all into the car

Dolly came up to the pilot and said

“howdy maim we have a room for you also. And can take care of your bird”

Doc got in the car and looked out seeing the bright city lights not to far away.

Everyone was doing all right they wouldn’t need to spend much time in the actual hospital, maybe if the pilot would let them they could explore Tokyo and see the sights.

Once every one was in the car  Dolly began to explain

“yeah we got the tests and everything all set for you. the doctors want to see you and then they ill take you to the hotel they have you guys set up in. … all right here we are”

Dolly drove up the  E.R room where several nurses were waiting. Almost as quickly as they got out they were separated and with a doctor!

Before long everyone was being treated and examined. Doctors were looking at Blackwing’s shoulder, midnight was getting a full body scan and Doc was getting a cardio gram.

The flight had been a calming one, one where she had spent most of it playing with Doc's hair. It brought her comfort, in some strange way. He was one of the only people she felt comfortable around, where she could afford to be a little silly, where she could lose the military persona she'd wielded for years apon years. With Doc around, she felt safer, like he disarmed her. It was an unusual feeling, but a welcome one. It felt nice to trust someone who she would be spending time with, and who wasn't her commanding officer. When the V-tol landed, she could only watch as Doc fell out of her hands and onto the floor, though she admitted that his reaction to draw a blade was impressive.

Using the crutch to walk, and leaning heavily on it. Midnight followed Doc onto the car, sitting down next to him while holding back a yawn. She hadn't slept much on the flight because she'd been looking after him. In reality, she realized she had only slept briefly at the camp when they were operating on her. Other than that, she'd been running on adrenaline and medication. They arrived at the E.R, and Midnight wasn't taken by it. While she knew it was what she got for going with Doc, and what she kind of needed, she would rather be on the range punching holes through targets with her 50. Cal, which sat back at the military base while she was stuck here, without it.

"Is this really needed?" She asked the doctor, who simply nodded "Fine then. A-also, umm, you know the other patient, Doc...Well...let me know how he is, ok? B-but don't let him know I asked. I just wanna make sure he is alright..."

The doctor gave her a glare that says he didn't believe her "Huh, is that all you wanna know about him?"

"...What do you mean?"

"I'm not blind, I can read you like a novel" he says with a smirk on his face "It's more than just comradeship or trust with him... You genuinely lik..."

"SHUT IT!" Midnight snapped, the Doctor's face turning pale quickly from her outburst "You know NOTHING! Absolutely nothing! Not how I feel about him, not nothing!"

"...We'll see about that" he said calmly, before heading towards the room where Doc was going to be. He might have been a little startled by the mares outburst, but this was the best part of his job. And there was no way he was going to pass up on it.

Midnight lied down for her scan, closing her eyes and nearly drifting off to sleep while doing so.

Doc turned his head and stopped the conversation he was having about ekgs to give a nod to Midnight’s doctor, as he entered the room

He turned his head back to the technician and said “but yeah I always just used the 12 lead.”

After there was a small printout midnight’s doctor and his own came the began taking him off the leads

“well Mr. Bearing you appear to be fine.  Your vitals are a bit on the high side high. But were certain all you need is some quality rest.”

Doc nodded and said “thanks sir, umm my old uniform is kind of rancid is there a n.e.x or something open where I can get some shorts or something?”

The doctor shook his head

“afraid there not open till morning, well I'll let you go and you can figure that out”

Doc jumped off the table and said

“all right thanks again” he  signed some papers and exited the room wearing only his underpants and a hospital gown. As he exited the hallway he began to stalk a nurse who was clearly just getting shift, after a few minutes she opened up the room that had all the scrubs and medical clothes in it. Doc silently slipped and hid behind the door waiting for her to leave.whic she did as soon as she grabbed a set of clothes and washing her hands

After that he grabbed a few pairs of pants and shirts for midnight Blackwing and himself.

After putting on the comfortable clothing he walked to Midnights room to see she was asleep getting scanned.

He leaned in and asked the technician

“how’s she doing?”

the technician causally said “there going to operate tomorrow just some ortho work, other than that she should be fine.”

Doc nodded “can you alert me when its time to move her out?” the tech nodded Doc silently crept into the room dropping off the fresh change of clothes for her.

Doc looked at her for a moment and decided just let her get some well deserved rest

And then he slipped out to go check on Blackwing.

As Doc left the same tech and doctor came in and the doctor gently put his cold hand on hers

“hey,” he said softly trying to wake her up"

Midnight hadn't slept like that in ages, and it felt amazing! She felt something trying to move her, and she grudigily opened her eyes slowly to see, people. One she knew as the doctor she had exploded at, and the other, she wasn't 100% sure, but she felt like she'd seen him.

"W-what.....Is the fireplace going loco again...and the cadets are in the fireplace again, make sure to put them through the grinder....." She shook her head, unsure what she was even saying! That didn't make any sense, so why was she saying it?

She looked at the doctor "Is...Is my Doc ok? Please tell me he is ok....And...I really hope you didn't tell him anything...."

The technician giggled slightly and looked to the doctor to explain. The doctor nodded and the techican said

“yes; your partner is fine he is fully medically ready. you on the other hand are going to have a surgery tomorrow,” he flipped thru some papers on a clip board

“the surgeon who is actually going to be doing it is doctor Heart who is a world class level operator. He does these all the time.”

So as soon as we finish here you can go back to your room and get some rest!” he said cheerfully.

Meanwhile doc entered the trauma area and managed to track down where Blackwing was he looked inside the operating room to see they were working on his shoulder, they would likely have him there a while.

He walked up to the desk coordinator and said

“exuses me im the provider for the patient in there named Blackwing.  Can you page me when he is done?” he asked writing down the number of the beeper he managed to allocate.

the receptionist nodded. And took the number.

Doc wandered out back into the halls of the hospital when the beeper went off indicating midnight was ready.

By the time they got back they were turning her machines off and the technician was handing her the clothes Doc brought earlier and her crutch,

Doc stood in the middle waiting for the technician to finish

Midnight smiled when she heard Doc was going to be fine. But she needed Surgury?! That wasn't fair! She didn't want it, and she felt like she didn't need it! But....but, what choice did she have? She needed medical staff to care for her, so if they said she needed it. Really, what choice did she have?

"At least...at least Doc is ok. That's the important part" she said, half to herself, half to the medical staff around her.

She closed her eyes, letting time pass around her as her mind was still half asleep. She opened her eyes to see the medical staff give her some other clothes, plus that crutch. She didn't have much of a choice now did she? Sighing, she quickly changed herself into her new clothes before standing up, heavily leaning on the crutch, unsure if she could trust her own body to hold itself up.

"D-doc!" She said, spotting him standing back "Is...is everything ok? They said you were ok, but..." she felt a blush burn onto her face as she didn't really want him knowing just how much she cared "But yeah...is everything alright?"

Doc turned his head giving her some privacy as she slipped on the scrubs, he turned around when he heard her talking to him, he went over to help her, himself going red with a blush

“yeah; of course everything is ok. I’m more worried about you right now, … Blackwing is being operated on right now I don’t know how long that will take”

Doc in honest was a bit worried about his partner, he had seen wounds like that require amputation or worse

I know that you want to get back in action, but trust me they’ll get you back in the field as soon as possible; by the way have you had any contact with your division? let them know your here?"

he approached her

…. Come on I bet your exhausted” taking her arm and putting it over his head taking some of the weight off her leg. letting her talk while they moved forward

Together they headed back to the halls

“its not a long walk to our rooms or we can call Dolly if you want and we can drive.”

"Blackwing will be fine, he's tough as they come. So if you're fine, then we shouldn't worry about  anything, cause there is nothing wrong with me. I mean, sure, I need some operation, but nothing I can't survive"

She frowned when he mentioned being contacted by her division. Her division probably thought she was dead or MIA, one of the other. She hadn't contacted them, in some time actually. She could only imagine the look her Mission Co will get when he tells her commander he'd lost her, perhaps he was already dead. Good riddance to bad rubbish. She shook her head "No contact with them, they'll figure out where I am soon enough. And when that comes, i'll figure something out. But, like you said, I should relax a bit..right?" She smiled at him, but the smile was just a mask. She was exhausted and still half-asleep, so she welcomed the offer as Doc helped her move towards the hall. She leaned heavily on him, mostly making the crutch void, but keeping it just in case.

"Well, a walk could be nice. Get some movement, I mean, I may be injured, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to move a little. Blackwing will be fine, plus it's not like we're gunna get attacked on our way there" She laughed slightly.

Doc lead her thru the halls he quirked his eyebrows when she said they would find her

They reached the elevators and pushed the call button. She finished talked and let out a light laugh with her.

Doc thought for a moment and finally asked

d.c.p? intelligence? Is that who you work for? That’s one of the only ones that takes females and will actively search for a member upon termination."

Don’t worry I'm not trying to pry; its just I have some contacts there. As soon as they ship my cell phone here we can get to them."

…. Hey speaking of which do you have anything that will be coming a change of clothes or something shipped from the base?”

Midnight opened her mouth, before closing it. If her team knew she was alive, they'd demand she return. And she wanted to spend more time with Doc! It wouldn't be fair...But he deserved the truth, at least that much.

"I'm...I'm in Special Operations. Part of recon and information control, as well as providing mission overwatch for strike teams and the such. It's not an official channel, at least, not to my knowledge. But well, we're a subsection of D.C.P, if that makes sense. Just, we are, I...I'm not sure how to word that. What about you though, what division are you from?" 

"I...Well, I have a few at the bsae. But nothing too much, but I do have some money so..well, I suppose I could go shopping sometime today.."

As midnight spoke doc’s face went from a smile to a frown, to a smile.

He knew a little bit about D.C.P he met the director when he was on a mission once and saved some of there guys, but he had never heard of this mysterious subsection, was she lying just to bounce the subject? Either way things just got kind of weird.

But still he trusted midnight.

After heading with her out of the elevator into the warm Tokyo air he took a deep breath enjoying it, and finally decided to answer her question

I was attached to the 1rst marine division; we were pulling some jobs in the middle east for a while but after we completed our mission, we got stationed to Virginia …. Which was; Freaking boring we were pushing paper”

Doc shook his head and continued as they walked thru the light of the streetlights towards the hotel Dolly showed him earlier.

He continued “when they asked for volunteers for corpsmen over here I signed up. Wanted to get back in some action. … definitely got what I asked for” he said with an uncomfortable laugh 

"at I got to meet you, so it wasn't all bad at all"

"Sounds a lot easier than what I had. Then again, well.... Most normal people like you don't sign up for the secret section and extra training. You're probably as normal as they come, no offense" She smiled at him. The less he knew about her division, the safer she was and the safer he was. If he knew too much, then a slim risk of removal. She just had to be careful what she spoke about with Doc around.

"Looks like it turned out ok, despite being..well, you know, shot down. But if you haven't been shot down, i'd...i'd probably have died in that forest alone....." Midnight stared off in the distance slightly. That mission was the closest she'd been to death in many years, and she never wanted to get that close ever again.

"Where is this apartment anyway? And is it all 3 of us staying there?"

Doc listened, he was still confused about Midnight and her division. 

He smiled at her back, but then he saw her get a little disturbed, mentioned the mission. He went to hold her close to help snap her out of it but to his surprise she broke it up quite easily and asked where the hotel was

This left doc in a rather comforting embrace with her there alone on the street.

hey don’t worry about what could have been o.k. that’s how you get  you let the stress get to you; I’ve seen a lot of great operators lose it thinking about what could of happened, o.k?”

doc’s chest felt tight and warm, as he held her. He liked her, but she was his patient and his partner he couldn’t feel this way about her; could he?

Doc began to slowly let go as the headlights of a car drove past them

umm Dolly said its that building over there. I uhhh … don’t know what its like, lets go find out.” he said pointing to average looking brick building across the street.

Doc re-adjusted himself to help her walk again and remained silent not sure what to say.

the moon loomed giving them soft light as they crossed the street heading towards the hotel. 

Midnight still felt out of it, before feeling something warm embrace around he. Gathering her senses, she noticed that Doc was...hugging her. She felt her cheeks flare up with red, as she seemed to freeze. Did she..did she hug him back? She listened carefully, feeling warm and safe in the hug. He made her feel safe, like she didn't have to shoot everyone who got close, to always protect everyone else, even though sometimes they didn't know.. This time it felt difference, she felt like he cared about her, not just her rifle.

"I....You...you're right. Ok, I..." She swallowed nothing, but she felt like there was something in her throat "I won't let it get to me"

Feeling Doc let go, part of her, a childish part maybe, wanted to hug him back. But she didn't, she kept her hands down. She couldn't, she couldn't let her emotions get control of her, she couldn't! All her training screamed at her that she couldn't do this..but she wanted to. Was it so wrong? Part of her said yes, part of her said no.

Midnight followed Doc as he went towards the hotel. It didn't look too bad, though there was some weird thought in her head. Would there be enough room in the hotel room?

Doc’s insides were heating up, embarrassment, fear of rejection, fear of screwing up,  tension.

He shook his head as if getting theses feeling off of him like water in his ears and he went back to his normal angry, stone faced demeanor.

“here it is” he said as they went up the steps as he lead her up the steps, there cheeks brushed together and Doc blushed feeling warm where he touched her

once inside it was a standard military building, clean blue carpet, a couple potted plants and some stone white walls.

they entered the building and at the quarterdeck office was a skinny guy watching something on a computer. As doc came up, the desk sergeant turned to them and nodded

“you the recon guys? … thought they said there would be 4?”

Doc kept his stone face “one’s still in operations, Perry is tied up doing some legal work right now, were just checking in for the night”

The desk sergeant nodded and handed them 2 card keys

“second floor, all your rooms are next to each other’ have a good night” he said

Doc reached his hand out and took the keys

thanks”

he helped midnight to the elevator and hit the call.

doesn’t seem like bad place for a little rest; does it?” he said with a smile as he softened up a bit again being alone with her

the doors opened up for them

Following Doc silently, going up into the Hotel and finding the some trooper behind the computer. Midnight played with her hair and let Doc do the talking, he was more of a peoples person than she was. Instead, she let her mind roam back to her mission. How had her chopper been shot down that easlier, who were they..No! She couldn't think about it, she had to stop it. Like Doc said, she couldn't think about it.

She was completely out of it until she felt Doc moving, and with him helping her, she went along with him into the elevator. "I like it, seems nice. Not too over-the-top, but I won't have to sleep in the mud which is nice" she said jokingly, well, part joking.

The door opened and Midnight looked at the door number, seeing they were right next to eachothers. "We are right next to eachother....Mind if we like, idk....share rooms for a bit, like, it's not like we're sleeping right now..." 

Doc never thought that in a team he would be the people person.  But between Midnight and Blackwing he was pretty much doomed to do all the talking.

Then she made her proposition.

Doc tried to play it cool and deny the tension between them saying “yeah … we can hang out a bit” he said calmly despite pretty much glowing at what she said

They finally reached their rooms, right next to each other, Midnight’s came first so he swiped the card and the door blinked green indicating it could  be open.

Doc opened the door and cautiously came in inspecting everything.

It had the same red carpet as the hallway, a medium sized room with a single bed a night stand a desk across from the bed with a tv on it, a empty closest, and a single bathroom.

After inspecting everything out of habit Doc Set midnight down on the bed and inspected the window. It was sealed and the only way to open it was the inside.  He took a second to look up at the moon before sitting down on the bed across from her,

how you feeling he asked?” as he turned to her

Archived