Equestrian Spec Ops (2 spots open)

RainbowDaringDash

Doc was surprised by what Blackwing had said, he listened and when he finished said

hey woah, I here to blow off some steam . I’m not trying to prove myself to no one. … who are these guys by the way?

Doc stood his ground but made sure to stay behind Blackwing and stay respectful

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black mentally sighed, though he did not blame Doc. He didnt know how things worked aroudn here, it was Black's job right now, to let him know. 

"Well, thats what your doing. They dont let amateurs use this place. Your gonna have to prove your someone that they can work with. The white guy is a master in all forms of martial arts. Im the only person who managed to land more then four blows before being stuck in a medical bay for a full three hours while healers tend to bruises, lots, and lots, of bruises" Black said to him, then he bowed to his teacher, who handed him a Key. Black was glad he was still allowed his old key, looked like he could use what he wanted.

The teachers did not try and stop Doc, instead just letting him keep following Black. It was clear that right now, they were going to let him do what he wanted, though that could change at any second.

"Looks like your lucky, you did not have Jaguar rip your spine out" Black said, going outside towards one of the many buildings. He opened it, and inside were two things. Their were two sets of robes, one white, the other Black. Blackwing, of course, pulled the black set out. Also in their, their were six bows. Two Compound, Two Longbows adn two Recurves. Black looked around, then grabbed a compound shifting it aroudn in his hand before grabbign a quiver full of carbon fibre arrows with hunting heads and a recurve.

Doc rolled his eyes at the idea of a person ripping out a spine. Which in was not medically possible. He followed him and looked at the set of bows

whoah … I dint know you were into archery.” He took a compound bow of the rack and drew the string getting a feel for it

he respectfully put it back and took the white robe and asked “so what is this place? Some kind of paramilitary training ground or something?” doc asked as he looked at some of the different types of weapons on display

Black almost laughed when he said a paramilitary trainign ground. THis place, was nothing of the sorts. He tunred around, facing Doc before begining to talk, his tone a bit different, a hint of joy in it.

"This is a training ground for hundreds of different weapons. If your someone who wants to learn any weapon, they will have a teacher for it here. They only train those who they deem worthy, and Jaguar, well, lets just say that he is the tester. Its painful" Black said, half smiling before heading over to the archery range. He looked at it, hitting a button. As he hit it, three targets appeared in the distance. 

Doc was surprised to see Blackwing actually passionate about something.

“so this place is an all in one, for all your @$$-kicking needs! Awesome.” He looked around  and saw the automated targets.

Doc took out a powerful looking bow and a single arrow, he drew it back lining it up on the sight, he let go the arrow flying into the target,

Doc was a bit surprised he had very little experience with bows.

“huh, I’m more of a gun guy, myself. Lets see how you do”

he said watching Blackwing waiting for him to fire

Black watched as Doc pulled out a forty pound recurve, drawing it and firing it. He watched as the arrow flew through the air. First three things Black had noticed, was Doc right now was firing and hoping for the best. He could also tell how little experience he had with bows. The last thing, was surprise. Black could see from here, that the arrow had hit around the blue. 

At least he hit

Black walked to a table, putting down the recurve and picking up the sixty pound compound. He strapped the quiver to his back. He knew how many arrows were in their, ten, plus three specials. He walked over to another switch, hitting it. He took three steps to the side then, standing still, bow by his side. He waited four seconds, then the slighest sound of three disks being shot into the air were heard. Black pulled out one arrow, putting it on the bow and firing it, and the sound of a disk cracking could be heard. He pulled out another one, firing it a second later, and again, the sound of a moving disk could be heard cracking. The last disk, Black left. But, within two seconds, the arrow which had broken the second disk hit the third, breaking it. 

Next, Black pulled a arrow out, and fired it down the range. If you have been looking their, you would have seen a target appear about a second before he fired it. The arrow went straight threw the chest, hitting a bullseye. Pulling another arrow out of the quiver, Black crouched, doing a full one eighty as he pulled the string back, aiming up and firing at a target that had popped up behind him. The shot hit a bullseye, though it was not on the centre. The bulleye here, was on the shoulder. 

After he took those few shots, Black stood up, then he stared at Doc. He heard the sound of a bow string tighten. 

"DUCK" Black called to him, knowing that a arrow was about to be fired right at him!

“Duck!”

Dock didn’t think he just did it, he dropped to the floor and saw something- more than likely an arrow fly over him,

Not willing to get up and risk getting hit again he screamed to blackwing

A RANGE WHERE THEY SHOOT AT YOU!”

he jumped up at seeing he was no longer in danger.

that’s it man lets go to a grappling pit!” he shouted to Blackwing ready to pound him

“thats twice now you nearly shot me! TODAY!”

As Doc ducked, the arrow went over Doc. As it came at Black, he simply caught the arrow, spinning around, keepign the momentum of the shoot as he loaded int onto his bow and fired it at the same target Doc shot at, splitting Doc's arrow in half as his hits the exact same point. Then, when he started screaming at Black, a small sigh could actually be heard. With the edge of his bow, Black softly hit doc across the face with it. The blow was hard enough to hurt, and shut him up, was not anymore then a annoying sting though. 

"Why would i shoot at you?" Black said, then, he walked over, putting his stuff away before starting to walk towards a sparing pit. As they were walking, Black's phone rang. He pulled it out, answering it. His cold tone returned, becomign a emotionless form again. 

After a minute, Black hung up, looking at Doc. 

"Good news, Midnight's surgery is almost finished, by the time we get back she should be waking up" He said to Doc, walking towards a table, putting down the Bow. He then took off the quiver, putting it down on the table before starting to walk towards the exit. He looked back at Doc, calling out to him,

"You going to keep being mad at me, or you going to make sure your their"

Doc went over to Blackwing, and grabbed his arm quickly put him in a hip throw slamming him on the ground kneeling down punching him in the face just as hard as Blackwing did to him moments before

don’t worry ill be there.” Doc stood up and offered his hand

Doc was confused by Blackwing, but they were friends, weird award vitriolic friends.

“lets go” he said as if nothing had happened. 

When Doc took him to the ground, Black's reactions kicked in. He grunted as he hit the ground, but as doc was about to punch him, he shifted his head, making him punch the ground. He ignored the hand up after, instead rolling his back up, and leaping up from the ground, landing on his feet flawlessly. He looked at Doc, his gaze saying wrong move. 

"Could have just punched me you know" He says, then starts to walk out towards the hospital. 

As they were walking, Black looked at Doc, obviously ignoring what had happened back their.

"So, any idea what our next job will be?"

Doc swallowed the anger, part of him wanted to beat up Blackwing some more. But there were more important things to deal with.

you’re an @#$% Blackwing I need you to know that. No I have no idea where were going next, that’s the recon life for ya.”

He walked with him out of the dojo and he kept his eye open for a good clothing store and said

“im going to stop by and pick up some clothes for midnight, she needs some” 

Black almost laughed, but his old self was back. He wanted to get back in the field soon, that way he could at least be free of these memories that keep popping up. When he heard Doc say he was goign to get some clothes for their friend, he thought for a moment, then remembered a place.

"Their is a place nearby, its actually a five minute walk from here" Black said, sort of wanting to make it up to himfor being a @ss. Other then wanting to try and make htigns right, he also wanted to get something REAL to eat, as their was a nice joint near it.

Doc shook his head, and walked along.

Blackwing was an infuriating person to be around, but he was willing to put up with it, for now.

He hoped that it wouldn’t cause them to butt heads during a mission.

Eventually they reached a large clothing store which Doc walked in, he awkwardly went into the women’s section rubbing the back of his neck trying to bite off the awkwardness. 

He walked into the sports section and picked up a couple pairs of smaller sports bra’s figuring midnight would want something she could move around in, he picked up a couple pairs of underpants and after spending a few minutes trying to figure out what jeans she might of worn; he gave up and got her some 1 size fits all athletic shorts.  And some shirts that might have been a bit big on her but at least it would be comfortable. He also picked up some sweatpants and a hoodie. Something that would be practical and comfortable and also fit.

Doc hurried to the counter and checked out he hated buying clothes. He always did. After using his own money to pay for the outfits the cashier stuffed them into a bag and he went out with Blackwing “all right where to next?”

When they arrived at the shop, Black watched as Doc walked in, goign to buy some clothes. He himself walked to the shop next door, ordering some chow. It was a fish and chips shop. In Black's experiance, this place was amazing at making food. He got himself and Doc a medium each, knowing that his friend was probably starving. He also got some for their friend in the hospital, just in case she wanted some. They were ready by the time Doc got out. Black walked outside, going back in front of the store, then he saw Doc hurrying out. Once out, Black offered him the chips. 

"Now, we eat while we walk back"

Doc took the bag and looked in “thanks …. I’m not usually into fried food. But its good every now and then.”

He took some of the fries and ate some while walking

When his mouth was clear he said

I actually enjoy cooking my own food, eating. Something iv’e always enjoyed, most of the time when you fry something you just kill the flavor, it has to be done right.

he couldn’t tell if Blackwing was paying attention, if he actually cared. He looked to him to try and get a read on him while eating some more fries

Black listened as Doc talked, paying attention. He had a point, sometimes, fried stuff was horrible, this fried stuff was normally good though. As they walked, he ate more. starving. The chips were saltier then he remembered, but they were still nice. As they walked, Black decided this would be a good time to tell Doc.

I owe him

"Pal, when our armory gets here, or we go back to base, a gift is their for ya. Its a thanks, for saving my skin out their" Black said to him, giving him a pat on the shoulder before keeping walking. His wound was no longer sore, it had healed a lot, though he knew he had to refrain from straining it, and more importantly, getting shot their again. It was painful, though he had suffered worse.

At that thought, the memory flashed back, except the flash, this time he could see the person their. As he looked, he could tell it was female, though thats when it ended. Black was puffing the moment it ended, obviously a little startled.

Doc looked as he touched his shoulder. Doc didn’t like getting touched,  but he said “Blackwing I appreciate that its my job you don’t need to thank me, or buy my thanks.” He stopped with blackwing, his pupils diallated as if he were in some kind of shock,

BLACKWING! BLACKWING!” he shouted trying to get his attention,

Doc wasn’t sure what was going on? A seizure maybe?

Black was in his little trans for a minute, heaving about what he ahd just seen. A girl had shot, and killed his whole team? The moment he thought how, the memory of after he was shot came back, of when the person came, and put a gun to his CO's head, and pulled the trigger. Black could tell, it was the girl again. He didnt know who it was, though she seemed familiar... 

Then, Black staggered three steps, looking at Doc after it wore off. He was puffed, that little flashback having caused some pain. He looked at Doc, responding.

"I..im fine..." He lied,  his tone still as cold as ever.

Who is that girl

Doc could tell what happened. And growled a bit before saying

in iran … I was helping the first marines, we had a convoy we stopped because we knew there was an i.e.d in the road, and we were all on guard, … it was a little girl she had a box in her hands, the marines yelled and screamed telling her to stop coming at us, we all knew what was going on, she just kept walking … crying … if I didn’t do anything they would of got hurt”

Doc sighed it hurt to share the memory but Blackwing needed to know he wasn’t alone,

all trauma was different, no one reacted to anything the same. But a little bit of empathy could make all the difference

it was my first kill, … sometimes I still see her, hear Corpral Tildy yelling-screaming at her to stop. they said if ... i didnt act sooner the bomb would of stopped us in our tracks. semtex, small but packs a punch” He looked away from Blackwing sighing, before turning back to his normal posture saying

your not alone,  … its hard” he said not knowing what else to say to his strange new friend. He took a bite of the fish and put it back in the bag “of all this great japanese food, and you cant step out of your comfort zone, gotta stick to the British food”

Doc said pretty sure Blackwing had his origins in England somewhere based on his slight accent

When Doc told his story, Black knew the feeling. Everyone, had their own horror that they were trying to run away from. Sometimes, those horrors were for the good of the many, but they never seemed right. Black did not respond to anythign he had said. In all honesty, Black's memories were long behind them, locked in a vault never to be visualized again, but this one escaped. Black could not make the meaning of it, he knew that smoething had triggered it to come ou, but what, he did not know. 

I will sort this out another time

Black sighed, it was actually hearable as they kept walking. 

"We will be back soon:

Doc heard him sigh, he suspected Blackwing wouldn’t do the come front. Maybe doc could help him; maybe he couldn’t.

The gryphon next to him was a mystery, an infuriating mystery. But one question stayed in his mind

They continued walking the hospital was now in sight. “that’s been bothering me, are you from England?” Doc asked trying to figure out where his accent came from

Midnight opened her eyes, looking at the roof abov her. Her last thoughts was, being injected with some weird drug and Doc was there, then..nothing. Her Surgury! Looking at where she had been injured, she moved her leg and it didn't feel too bad.

"Glad you're awake Sergeant, the operation was very successful, you're injuries are healed. Still, due to their nature, we advice taking it easy for a few days and avoid being shot whenever possible"

Midnight glared up at the doctor "I didn't get shot by choice you know" she stood up, before realizing she was still wearing that stupid hospital gown she'd put on, the one that was at least a size too small on her! Which was saying something about the hospital choice in clothes. She hoped Doc would show up soon, with some half decent clothes to wear, she wasn't in the mood to walk around wearing this disgusting thing.

Black did not respond to that, he just rolled his eyes. What? How does his accent make even remotely from England? Black decided just to tell him where he was from, it was not like Doc was someone who could not be trusted with that.

"Im actually from Australia. I got transferred from their special forces over here after.....a unlucky event" He said, stopping suddenly, not wanting to say any more about it. It was better that less people knew had happened, it needed to stay between himself, and the few who were watching.

He was silent the rest of the walk, entering the hospital within the next twenty minutes. He himself walked off towards where he could get in contact with the base, while he gave Doc the food for Mids, and let him go see her while he sorted out what was happening.

Archived