A wild Alchemist appears

Zealot

Hey all, Zealot here.

I've just got approved for these forums after a few delays and I'm ready to RP with my new character, Lightout.

The character sheet gives the best description but, too long didn't read, he's an alchemist. He loves mixing potions and making fireworks and hates adventure. Lightout's a nice guy but can appear to some to be a little bit of a snob, or a little guarded.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone wanted to RP with me? Hehe. I'm new to the site but I'm pretty experienced with roleplay and writing, I tend to lack ideas when it comes to forum roleplay though and I'm not too keen on walking into open RPs where I'm likely to not be wanted.

Well, I was thinking of doing something slice of life style since my character is adverse to anything that might be called remotely exciting. Hehe. Either way, let me know if you'd like to RP and if you had an idea for a scene or something.

Cheers

-Zealot

Hello! I have three characters with varying degrees of seriousness for him to bounce off of. Asteria being my super serious unicorn courier. Gerrard being my playful griffon architect. And last, but certainly not least, Aquaria, my goofy lifeguard griffoness!

Aquaria could send him on a wild goose chase. Gerrard could test his resolve. Asteria can test his wit!

Here is a link to my log, I have fancy pictures of all three, feel free to read an application if you are interested!

Hey there. Thanks for responding. I was starting to wonder if I was in the wrong lake for fishing. Hehe.

Anyway, well. Lightout is unlikely to be embarking on wild goose chases. Like I said, he hates any kind of adventure or activity that might resort in harm, of any degree. Still, it could work. He's not entirely against fun.

I think he's unlikely to pass a test of resolve. Hehe. I don't imagine Lightout to hold much patience, the downside of being one of the best academics in your field I guess. You expect results fast, etc.

Still, he can always be tested for wit. He's a smart guy after all, and he's not intelligent without brains either.

Either way, they all work to certain degrees, which one did you most want to roleplay with?

Aquaria can lead him on an I'll informed wild goose chase. She knows about the secret of immortality [a short adventure through town] Asteria can give him a bit of help with his work. Unless you have an idea to introduce him.

Yeah, Lightout would pretty much do anything and everything for immortality.

Hmm, Asteria is a courier and Lightout likes it when his things are delivered discreetly. He's quite paranoid of other academics stealing his work so that could be a reason why he hired her. She could then drop a hint that she knows something about immortality after he slips up that it's what he's working on. I expect he would be upfront about working on genetics and he could easily let slip that he's working on immortality. He's not a particularly good liar, just paranoid.

That's how I would do it, did you have an idea about an introduction?

Aquaria (the griffoness) would know about it! And probably be completely wrong!

Asteria (the unicorn) is a courier who does stuff in secret, but does not know the secret of immortality at all.

Either character could come upon him in Canterlot I suppose. Asteria lives there, and Aquaria could be visiting.

Oh right, sorry, the two names are quite similar, I didn't know you were talking about two different characters, hehe.

Well, he'd definitely go for anything that might even remotely help him in his quest, even if it is likely to be wrong. So that could work. Perhaps Aquaria needs some sort of potion or whatever and wanders into his shop/laboratory the lets slip that she knows something about immortality, at which point Lightout would probably pounce on her and pursue the lead as best he can.

As for Asteria, perhaps not but we could go for another plotline. She likes helping dragons and non-pony creatures right? Perhaps Asteria is helping a dragon or something who is ill and needs a healing remedy. Lightout can mix up just about any potion under the sun, so it might be a case of Asteria has to persuade him to come with her to the dragon's cave so he can heal it. He's scared of anything dangerous so, yeah, could work.

Either works for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sure, feel free to make an intro post for the thread when the event is over or you have free time.

Event is over now and another roleplay I was in died. So yeah, are you still up for this?

Archived