Kings of the Shadow World (Private)

MetalBronyATL

"Do you have to ask?" Black said leaning in the doorway with a grin.

Oakly put his hands behind his head and looked up, "I guess I'll have a heart to heart with my Mom, hopefully work out something with Hazel, Celestia knows what's she been up to. Hard to say at this point."

Hazel strapped on her bracers and finished tieing her armor on, she spun around a polearm and dug it into the stone, "I still have my own mission to complete." She said gripping a wanted poster with Oakly and Venoms names on it.

Oakly pretended to reach up into the sky, "Who knows, I guess I still need a little more ventureing before I know what I want in life."

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I left something at home...I need to go get it." Kane said as he grabbed his gear, referring to the old sanctuary.

"Seems like a challenge, pretty sure Hazel still wants to kill us." Venom said. "Honestly, I'm kinda glad this happened. I'm actually happy now. You may not have known, but I was miserable at the academy." He sighed in despair. "They considered sending me to a mental ward because....well, because they had to cut me down a few times." He said, feeling rope burn scars on his neck.

"Geez Venom, why didnt you tell us? I had no idea, now I feel at wrong cause I didnt notice the signs. Why didnt you talk to me or Hazel? You and Hazel had it rough and I had no clue, I must be a lousy friend." Oakly said in surprise.

"It's not your fault...I didn't want you guys to worry. I never wanted to be a Nightwatch. I wanted to be a Imperial Battlemage, and maybe eventually make and sell weapon poison for a living. The Nightwatch just made me feel like a cog in a machine....the men in my family were all Nightwatch, so I was forced into it and couldn't get out. I felt like there wasn't a way out...." Venom said with a sigh. "But now....now I have a chance to actually do what I want, with people who care."

"Looks like you're already settled on life, good for you buddy, bout time one of us finds their calling." Oakly said happily patting Venoms back, "You always were the one with a plan."

"Yeah, thankfully offing myself didn't make the final cut in those plans." Venom said smiling slightly. "I hope you and Hazel make amends and work something out. I wouldn't mind being the third wheel all the time." He said with a smirk.

"Cant you just teleport us there? Whats your range on that thing?" Oakly asked pointing to his head.

Tavi walked into Celestias office, Echo sat in her chair going through paperwork with a dark haird unicorn mare assistant helping her with paper, "You would not believe how hard it is to run a country, I'm lucky to have Roseline here to help, shes a master at this political stuff." Echo said rubbing her head, Roseline smiled at the complement and continued working. Since both Princesses were too weak to move, Equestria needed sompony to lead it, Echo decided to step up since she didnt trust any of the Dukes or Lords in the surrounding lands to do it honorably. Roseline had appeared from the blue offering her assistance, surprisingly she knew alot about running a country, oddly enough she refused payment for it. Tavi went to the window, "Any sign of Killjoy lately?" Echo shook her head, "Shes probably out doing her own thing, you know how she is, kill this mame that. I suppose if she really has feelings for Luna she's out there looking for a way to save her. Though rumors have spread that The Prophet of the Bloodmoons was killed by that Nergal guy, a big win for us, the Order is crumbling down. At least theres some good news." Echo said leaning back in her chair, Tavi tried to show some fake excitement but Roseline suddenly cracked the clipboard she held her hands at the sound of the Prophets demise, "Oops, my bad, darn politics." She said awkwardly with a fake smile, Echo waved her forgiveness, "I feel ya sista, all those nobles make me feel icky inside." Tavi narrowed her eyes at Roseline but shook it off, "Wheres Hazel at?" Echo tapped her chin, "I think she went out, something about beating the living daylights out some boys and bringing them to justice. Wait, isnt that your boy, Oakly?" Tavi sighed rubbed her face, "Yes, it seems my troubled past has caught up with me, hopefully we can find a better outcome than jailtime for them. Or better yet, put them in more capable, understanding hands." She went on rubbing her necklace that Trax gave to her many years ago.

"It would take a lot out of me, and I need to be ready if we encounter anything. Also, I've never been here so I can't picture it in my mind to teleport." Venom said with a sigh. "Maybe if we come across something familiar it will help me navigate."

"Well, this works too I guess." Venom said as he was lifted up.

Kane and Black arrived at the ruins of their old sanctuary. "It's a depressing sight. This used to be our home." He said with a sigh.

"They barely left anything here, all our brothers and sisters were turned to ash after Celestias attack. Its even more disturbing when at anytime Killjoy can lead Canterlot right to our doorstep." Blacl said as he kneeled to feel the ashy ground.

Kane entered the sanctuary and looked around at the chared walls. "There is something here that I found a long time ago. I found it while out on a contract. I have a feeling it's going to be of use here."

"Remember that contract me, Autumn, Silverthorn and Azure went on? It was to rob a caravan heading to Canterlot. During the contract, I found a small lockbox. I couldn't find a way to open it, but I could just feel that it was important. I kept it in the sanctuary, but I completely forgot about it when the attack came." Kane said as he began to walk around the abandoned sanctuary.

((I set this up at the very beginning of the RP and totally forgot about it. Lol))

Kane looked around before he finally saw it beneath some rubble. "There it is! Just as it was left." He said as he reached beneath the rubble and picked it up. It was a tarnished lockbox with a very odd lock. It contained a zigzagged keyhole, a cone shaped hole that looked like a unicorn horn could fit inside, a number combination, and what appeared to be a simple gem.

"I never told anybody about it, not even Chaosweaver or Trax." Kane said looking over it. "I probably should have, they would have had more wisdom than me. Hell, the Oracle probably could have snapped his fingers and it would fly open."

"Well, guess we can head back. I don't think there is...." He began to say before strange noises came from the sanctuary. "...did you hear that?" He asked Black reaching for his sword.

Archived