Kings of the Shadow World (Private)

MetalBronyATL

Suddenly thousands of tall, black figures began to rise from the ashes. Their bodies burned with shadowy flames and they growled with hellish noises. "Looks like they didn't want us to come back." Kane said, drawing his swords.

((Basically these are Nergal's minions.))

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kane slashed through the creatures as they got closer. More began to appear slowly seemingly from nowhere. "This isn't the Shadow Hunter's doing, and I highly doubt Celestia would leave demons like these behind." He said as he decapitated another.

"They gotta be that one guys, the Nagerl demon or whatever, I can feel a dark magic coming from them." Black said as he swirled around his ice magic freezing then shattering them as they attacked.

Kane cut down another group of the creatures as he felt the box vibrating and glowing in his pack. More creatures seemed to regenerate as they killed them. "We have to get out of here!" He called to Black as he cut one in half to make an opening.

Black flipped over to Kane and cast out a stron storm of icy wind blowing back the demons, "Lets go." He said touching Kane and turning them into ice, a demon slashed at them but only destroyed ice copies.

As they made it to the entrance, the door suddenly collapsed as several more shadow creatures formed and blocked their way. Another figure stepped out from the shadows with an evil grin. "My, my, you Bloodmoons really let this place go. I didn't know Akephalos was running a bunch of slobs." Nergal said as he approached them.

Nergal lifted his hand and began the soul stealing spell. "The box, or your soul. Choose." He said coldly. Kane hesitated for a moment before he had an idea. "You want it? Take it!" He said, throwing it straight at Nergal's face, halting the spell before it could affect Kane or Black. It bounced back to him and Kane grabbed it. "Let's go!" He shouted as he hurdled Nergal and ran out the exit.

Nergal growled as they escaped. "You're not long for his world." He said under his breath.

Once they had gotten away, Kane dropped to his knees and breathed heavily. "I hope whatever this is was worth almost dying." He said looking at the box.

"I guess we should get back to the sanctuary and figure out what this is. If Oakly and Venom make it back it could have something to do with them. Can you teleport us?" Kane asked.

Venom looked at the map as Oakly flew with him. "I think we're getting close."

Black looked at him with annoyance, "Can I teleport you? No, I use an extremely rare magic that lets me bend snow and ice, and I cant teleport." He said folding his arms, he snapped his fingers and in a swirl of snow they were inside the Sanctuary. "Totally messing with you by the way, I can be a smartass at times." He said with a smirk.

"Dont worry, I think I found it." Oakly said as he saw the giant sinkhole, he flew in low letting down Venom and then flew around to check out the surrounding area. "Looks like we were late to the party."

"Jackass." Kane said rolling his eyes and he set the box on a table to begin to examine it.

"I'd hate to be those Shadow Hunters who woke him up to begin with." Venom said as he peered into the abyssal sinkhole. He noticed a nearby staircase and walked to it. "I guess we better get going. It's a long way down."

"She must have spotted us when we were flying, but she was not happy at all, she threw a spear at me!" Oakly panicked as they ran. "BOYS!" Hazels angry voice echoed from behind them. "We gotta slow her down some how." Oakly suggested.

Venom thought for a moment before having an idea. He began digging around in his pack before pulling out several vials of different colored liquids. "Keep her busy, I have an idea."

"Keep her busy? Dude she's gonna kill me!" Oakly said briefly before Hazels foot planted on the back of his head and they went tumbling down. Hazel flew back up the stairs crashing down, Oakly came up unsheathing one of hid cutlasses, "You owe me Potion breath." He said before clashing with Hazel.

Venom quickly mixed a small potion and looked closer to inspect it. "Nope." He said throwing it away before quickly making another. "Nope." He said, throwing away another defective potion. "Cmon...." He mixed a final potion together, this time it changed colors and sizzled slightly. "Got it." He looked up at Oakly. "Keep it up, I'm almost ready!"

"Make it quick will ya!" Oakly yelled back hurridly as he parried with Hazel pushing him back against the wall, he ducked as she swung around raking the wall where his head once was, "Holy christ Hazel your gonna take off my head! Whoa!" He sidestepped as she drove her spear forward at him impaling into the wall leveled with his chest. "Stay still you backstabbing scum!" She hissed violently before pulling herself toward him and leaping to kick, Oakly back bended backwards under her then flipped back knocking her further up the stairs. "Shes gonna have my skin for that, hurry up!"

Suddenly a sharp pain appeared on Hazel's neck as a dart was now stuck in her. The wound it made began to sizzle and a green liquid seeped from it. "Gotcha." Venom said as he lowered the blowgun he fired the dart from. "Sleep tight, Hazzy." He said with a smirk as the effects of the sleeping potion took hold.

"You... idiot... I will..." Hazel began as she stumbled forward collapsing into Oaklys arms, "Well that worked swimmingly, how long is she gonna be out?" He asked as he gently laid her down.

Archived