Kings of the Shadow World (Private)

MetalBronyATL

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"He said it was only a matter of time before I followed His footsteps, Shade knew my father, he knew Trax." Oakly said clenching his fists, he wanted to everything about his familys past and secrets. "Aunt Echo is only part of the surface, theres more hes not telling me."

Shade led them across the long great hall and took his place in the throne, "I'm sure you've heard about our recent catastrophe, there are only 50 of us left now, rebuilding has been slow but we'll get back to our former glory soon. So, tell me about this little quest, I love stories of adventure."

Venom looked around the castle before looking to Shade to tell the story. "The two of us were chosen, it was part of a prophecy. We're on a quest to gather all the things needed to perform a ritual." He said, keeping the description vague. He wasn't sure if the mere mention of The Darkness stuck fear into bat ponies the way it did others.

Shade smirked, "So your the two who saw him, The Darkness in person, quite an adventure I'd say. I'm guessing this has to do with the return of Nergal?" Oaklys jaw dropped in shock, Shade chuckled, "Please children, I do my research thoroughly, it was my job as the Kings Adviser. I was actually planning on contacting the Order to discuss some things."

Venom nodded. "You're right, Nergal has returned. Unfortunately we are not on good terms with the one destined to kill him. But our job is to bring Akephalos back to the world in a new physical form to start a new era of darkness. He will continue our quest of purifying the world of those unworthy to live like never before."

Shade rubbed his chin, "I see, well I can only offer my services within the city for now. I'll allow you free roam of the city as long as you dont stir up trouble." Oakly nodded, "Thank you Sir, your help is appreciated."

Shade shrugged, "A deal that in which, should one of your contracts involve any Vampireece citizen, I want them to confront me about it first. Rarely have contracts on Vampireece citizens ever been made but I want to make this an official thing, we Bat Ponies have great honor and pride in our race, please understand we a proud people. Since there are so few of us left, I'd like the contracts to be sent to me instead if it involves one of my people." Oakly glanced at Venom, they were still new to the Organization, in truth they werent the best to decide on such a matter.

Venom looked back to Oakly and then back to Shade. "Seems understandable, but we'll make sure it happens when this is all over and we talk to...." He trailed off, remembered that Trax is on the edge of his life without his soul.

Oakly went grim and looked down. Shade glanced between them sensing the trouble but didnt ask, "Well you have free roam of the city, just dont cause any trouble, dinner will be ready at sun down." He said to them with a nod.

Oakly followed his eyes, "Your not serious? That box could be hundreds of years old, how could it predict Shades.... You know what, after all that I've seen, I'm just gonna accept the fact that nothing is as it seems." He said sighed in defeat, "So, if you think its Shades, how do you wanna go about it? Just ask him to come back with us, while his Kingdom is barely on the road to rebuilding?"

"I don't know. We'll discuss it with him at dinner I suppose. He seems pretty on board with the Bloodmoon's, but I still don't know how he feels about brining a dark god back to the world." Venom said.

Oakly thought to his auntie Echo, she always talked proudly about her race and was always ready to defend his Mother, from his experience they are a brave and loyal people. "Let me ask him then, he sees me as his family already so it wont sound as invasive. If things dont go good, well I guess I've always wanted to kidnap a King." He said putting a thumbsup sarcastically.

"Then he must be pretty good hearted if he's had people pray for his death, I mean come on, the type the Order usually goes after would have killed us before letting us in. Lets pray it doesn't come to kidnapping, besides it'll give Shade the opening to discuss terms with the Order." Oakly said before noticing they were being followed, Oakly signaled for them disappear after rounding the next corner.

Killjoy sat in the academy training room, waiting for Hazel. She puffed on her pipe, the coals burned bright making her crimson eye shine. She sat on a stool with a wooden training katana, she was out of her armor and only wore pants and chest wraps, without her armor, her numerous scars were now out in the open. "come on little filly...it's play time." she said to herself with a smirk.

Oakly put a finger to his own lips to signal silence, as they waited for their followers to come closer. One paused and helf their hand out to stop their partner, by the hand Oakly could tell the first was a female. "If you wish to ambush someone, make sure they are not better at it than you, Oakly." The female one said simply, Oakly gasped in surprise and stepped out from hiding, "Who are you and why are you following us?" He asked challengingly. The cloaked female flipped back her hood revealing a beautiful unicorn mare with bright yellow hair and golden eyes, her kind eyes shined with warmth. "My name is Sun Flare, I mean you no harm, I just wanted to be sure it was you." She told them sweetly. Oakly raised his eye brow, "Why?" Sun smiled, "Your the Son of Trax, I know those eyes anywhere. I've come to give you a gift on his behalf. I am aware of the situation and I want to tell you that he's somewhere safe." Oakly brightened up knowing his Father was at least safe, even if he was soulless. "What gift?" He asked suddenly curious about what his father would give him now. Sun quickly formed several handsigns before holding out her where a scroll the size of a carriage poofed into existence, she held it up over her head effortlessly, she formed a sign with her free hand, "Ninja Art, Mind Transfer Justu." She spoke the words activating an energy link between Oakly and the giant scroll, Oaklys eyes went dull as he stood motionless. "This will take a few minutes, any questions?" Sun asked smiling as she turned her head to Venom.

Archived