Kings of the Shadow World (Private)

MetalBronyATL

"Yeah, I think I have a few. First of all, what the hell is going on?" Venom said pointing at Oakly suddenly being comatose and drawing in some energy. "And what do you know about what happened to the Prophet?"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sun smiled so innocently it was almost scary, her tone was so sincere and kind, "I'm giving Oakly the knowledge to perfom the Ancient Art of Ninjutsu. Just like his Father before him, course he'll still need to train and master each of the thousands of jutsu techniques and their energy types. As for the Prophet, Trax is an old friend of mine from childhood, for awhile we were more than just friends but thats a another story. He contacted me while I was meditating in the spirit realm, asked me if could give his son the same knowledge I give him, out of love for him I did. Though I may always come second to Tavi, I'll always love him. That was just before he went to battle Nergal. I can sense his energy and tell that he's at least alive and safe, though I cannot pin point where."

Venom looked back to Oakly as the power kept flowing into him. "Forgive me for being skeptical. Just seems odd that you would come out of the blue and give Oakly incredible power. But I thank you for news about the Prophet." He paused for a moment. "You do know who you're giving power to right? You know who we are and what we belong to? If you're opinion on us is a bad one, I don't think you want to make us stronger."

((Damn i thought i did.))

"You know smokings bad for you right?" Hazel said coming out onto the training floor wearing pants, her chest was wrapped with cloth to cover her breasts. Some of the Nightwatch soldiers started sitting down to watch, they whispered amongst themselves.

Killjoy just grinned as she dumped out the still smoldering Tobacco. "everything is bad for you in this world, people are just blind to see it. even the most beautiful of flowers...can hold the most deadly of toxins, death awaits around every corner, so why not pick up a habit right?" she said twirling her wooden sword with lightning speed and precision. She looked at the gathering Nightwatch "it seems we have an audience, might as well not disappoint them, come at me Hazel, I wish to see what you've got." she said readying her training sword in getting in a fighting stance.

"Thats very negative way of looking at the world, I'd prefer a habit that doesn't involve my breathing getting destroyed, or my teeth rotting out." Hazel said holding out her hand, a Nearby Soldier threw her a staff which she caught and twirled around effortlessly resting it behind her in an offensive stance. "I care more about the training than satisfying an audience, and as the teacher, so should you." She told her Killjoy before dashing at her with a quick swing.

Like a blur Killjoy seemed to disappear and reappeared behind Hazel, a sharp and throbbing pain pulsed through Hazel's side as a giant red line formed. "Rule number one, never strike when your opponent beckons for it. Getting impatient will get you killed, you would be dead if this was a real fight." she said turning around and getting back into her fighting stance "I never take anything seriously, it's what makes killing fun. Not only is it just my personality, it's a good technique to frustrate your opponent, get'em riled up, once angry, mistakes are made. Though sometimes, you will find some who can channel their anger into focus, analyse everything, their tone, body language, even eye movement. Find out what kind of person they are...and use it against them." she said looking at Hazel with a smirk "do everything necessary to get under their skin and destroy them from the inside."

Hazel looked at her funny, "You're a very damaged girl aren't you?" She had a hand on her side bitinf back the sting, she had a point though, at the analyzing part. During her training at the Academy, Oakly was always one step ahead of her it seemed, like he could predict her next move before she made it. "I'm not one to boast or be inulting during a fight, besides taking time to gloat at them means taking your mind of the fight, and that alone can costly." She explained taking a defensive stance.

Venom was surprised and quickly nodded respectfully. "I apologize, Sun. I didn't know you were a part of the Order, and a very prestigious one at that. I'm just having trouble trusting people nowadays."

Sun smiled warmly, "Often in our darkest times, we can see the light for all its beauty. Its okay to not trust some people, but we must not forget to trust ourselves." She told him kindly. Oakly dropped to the ground as the large scroll poofed away, "He'll wake up in a few minutes, make sure he gets this," Sun said handing Venom a bracer with weird circle markings on it, "He'll know what it is. Well goodbye for now, I'm sure we'll speak again, take care young one." She said giving Venom a hug and kissing Oaklys forehead, "Remember this Venom, once you find your ray of light in this seemingly dark world, it makes it that much better to live in." And like that Sun and her companion poofed away without a trace. Oakly awoke in a gasp for breath as he sat up, "Starswirls bears that was fricken weird."

Killjoy laughed "hun, you don't even know the half of it, plus I could the same about you and your...recent affairs." she said giving Hazel a sinister smirk. "it's a shame you couldn't tell Oak sooner."

Killjoy chuckled "I still remember the look on Oakly's face when he found out..." she grinned evilly "it turned out to be quite a show though....Brown was his name wasn't it?"

Hazels eyes widened as she rememberd the horror of Oaklys rage, she gripped her staff tighter giving Killjoy a judgmental look, "Leave it alone, I'm here to train not discuss horrible experiences."

"but this IS training little filly." Killjoy appeared behind Hazel as sharp pain went through her back as another red mark formed. "don't get caught up in dialogue in a fight, It will get you nowhere. Enemies who like to talk like me, only wish to distract you of what they are doing...understand now Hazel. Hope you're taking notes." she twirled her sword "now repeat what you have learned so far."

Hazel rubbed her back clenching her teeth but in a grin, "Check your shoulder then." She said pointing her staff at the red mark on Killjoys shoulder, she had expected Killjoys next attack grom her dialogue, luckily she was able to get one hit on her. "Enough talking Killjoy, I want this training for real. All I've learned, is that some of my enemies will as annoying as you are, not to mention more arrogant."

"wrong!" Killjoy shouted as the back of her sword hit hazel's right cheek. "These two things are very important rules of fighting, both techniques can go both ways. They are used by every skilled fighter. it doesn't have to be taunting, it could be sympathy. what you aren't understanding Hazel is that the best weapon a fighter has is his/her mind. Break that mind and you win." Killjoy circled around Hazel "I've taught you to be patient, analyse your opponent and be on the defensive and let the enemy come to you. I've taught you that the mind is actually a fragile thing and should be shattered if you wish to win." Killjoy paused "and lastly, what I need for you to get out of your head is Oakly."

"You're telling me." Venom said looking at the bracer in his hands. "So...uh, how do you feel?" He asked, not sure what he was supposed to do about Oakly now that he got some strange new powers.

Hazel rubbed her cheeck, "What do you mean? I want to bring him to justice, despite what Brown did he didnt need to die, death is only a release not a punishment. Oakly must pay his time for the crimes he's committed, same for Venom."

Oakly got up and dusted himself off, "I feel pretty good, dont really feel any different from Suns jutsu. Man you wouldn't believe what I know now, all these handsigns, jutsus, energy types. I'm almost overwhelmed with it all." He said rubbing his head and neck, "Whats that?" He asked pointing at the bracer in Venoms hands.

Killjoy stared into Hazel's eyes "don't think I don't know the feelings you have for Oakly. You need to get all that out of your head." she said putting a finger above Hazel's heart "because this...can be the biggest weakness of a fighter. The heart is a double edged sword, what you need to do is get your heart and mind in sync fore when the time comes to fight Oakly, you won't hold back. Your past, your friendship, your crush...all of that...out of your mind, out of your heart or pushed back far enough to never see the light of day again. these teachings that I'm giving can go both ways, killing...or submission for capture." she backed away "either way, you will see blood, either your own, or his. Do you think you can wound someone you were once so close to?"

Hazel felt the words hit her like a Minotaur, she hadn't thought of it that way before. If she had, she unconsciously pushed it away, the fear it too much to accept. Is that why she couldn't hit him in their last fight? She'd performed that spin move hundreds of times never missing, yet he was able to duck fast enough. Had she unconsciously slowed down on purpose not to harm him? She had always looked at him as a best friend, but somehow she wanted more than that, to be someone he looked at in that loving way. She did have a crush on him, ever since she met him the first day of school. They way his peircing blue eyes could see into her heart, he was always so kind and never went back on his word to her. He even took a life to protect her. "I-..." She started aimlessly, did he feel the same way? If so, how could they be together, on different sides of the Law? Hazel inhaled deeply squaring up, 'No, he chose his path. Now I must chose mine, I vowed to serve and protect the citizens of Equestria, that is my path'. "I'm ready to learn more."

Tavi and Echo watched with disconcerning eyes, "We all have our own styles of fighting, Hazels finished her training in the Nightwatch. Sometimes we have to learn multiple styles to find our own. You have your Batpony Legionnaire training, and I my own creation." Tavi said with a sigh. "Killjoys teachings are little unconditional but shes got skill, it'll be good for Hazel to learn from someone who didnt go through Nightwatch like we did." Echo said easing into a long stretch pushing out her chest, a nearby group of Soldiers dropped their mouths. Tavi frowned, "I guess. So, how have you been doing?" Echo smirked noticing she was being a distraction, then yawned, "Well the workload running the country have been tough but Roselines helping alot, she actually insisted I have today off." She replied happily. Tavi looked at her with concern, "I wasnt talking about that." Echo met her eyes and frowned getting what she was really asking about. Echo looked at her enchanted ring, "The ring Tia and Luna gave me helps, but..... I'm just not as strong as Luna, the Nightmares still occur." She looked at her friend with a fake smile, "Dont worry about me alright, I'll be fine." Echo turned and headed off, Tavi watched her with sad eyes, "Echo..."

Killjoy narrowed her eye at Hazel "We will see soon enough." She said with a sly smirk " her ear flicked when she heard Nightmare and glanced at Tavi and Echo as she walked off. but turned back to Hazel. "let's start with you swings, I wish to see what the Academy has taught you."

Archived