Kings of the Shadow World (Private)

MetalBronyATL

Kane turned to look at Venom and the girl again, not knowing how a young girl could possibly contain all of the power of a destructive monster within her body. "Your friend...is he Bloodmoon?" 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Indeed." 

A couple hours later, a female medic in the infirmary was explaining to Venom about the girls health. "She'll be waking up anytime soon, all her vitals check out, she's in surprisingly good health with the exception she is about two pounds underweight. Nothing some food and water can't fix." She told him with a smile. In the background, the girl began to move slightly.

Trax sat with the other Death Knights, with the exception of Kane as he was sent out east. "We don't have much on who's been rounding up all the Tailed beasts, even worse it proves that thier powerful to say the least. Most likely we're dealing with a small group of 8 to 12 individuals, each skilled in their own craft. Which is why I sent Kane out to find an old Friend of Souls and Mine."

"Thank you." Venom said kindly before turning to see the girl stirring a bit. He overheard what Akephalos and Trax were talking about, which made him concerned for what could happen to her, or what could happen if that thing inside her got out.

"I've heard some say they're the remnants of the Shadow Hunters." Blade said, remembering the years of conflict they had with their rival assassin group. "Seems like old hatred never dies."

The girl opened her eyes, blinking a few times before looking around the room and spotting Venom again, growing bright red she curles up defensively, "Dont hurt please! Bad things happen when people hurt me!"

"If thats true then we need to find out who's their new boss, this isn't how Slipknot would run things. He'd do it openly, but we're just now hearing this almost 8 months later." Trax stated deep in thought, hoping Oakly was gathering the info they needed.

"It's ok, I won't hurt you." Venom said sitting in a chair next to the bed. "What's your name?" 

Kane had gotten a teleport to the general area of the sanctuary and was now searching for it's entrance. "Man, they keep hidden better than we do." He thought to himself.

"My name is Venom Drop." Venom said, gently coming closer to her. "Do you remember what happened to you?"

After hours of searching, Kane found an old Black Door. He reached a hand out and touched it where ancient runes made the shape of a hand as the door lit up. 

((You can make up a question and answer))

Tahlia blushed bright red as Venom got closer to her, "I-I Don't know... there were these people, uh nine of them, really scary people. Chased me off a cliff, and now I'm here." She stammered nervously.

The door glowed a crimson red highlighting a skull, "What, is the color, of Death?" The door seemed to whisper.

((Answer: "Umbra, My Brother."))

Venom raised an eyebrow at the girl's shyness before continuing. "Why were they chasing you?" Venom asked. "Did they do something to you?"

"Umbra, my brother." Kane replied as the door creaked open and he entered.

"I'm not sure, they've been chasing me since I left Saddle Arabia. Though I guess since I was pretty much alone there anyway, it didnt matter. Ever since I was born, people tend to keep their distance from me, they always called me a monster." Tahlia put her arms around her knees as she pulled them to her chest, "Come to think of it, I'm not really sure how I even got over to this country? I just remember blacking out in my hometown of Saddle Arabia the first time they found me, the next moment I'm in a mountain area. I lived there for few weeks before they found me again. They chased me off a cliff and I blacked out again."

Through the door, stood a sunny girl with bright golden eyes and vibrant yellow hair, "Greetings Death Knight Kane, it is an honor to have you hear at our Sanctuary. I am Sun Flare, the Headmistress of this Sanctuary, how may I assists you?" Sun introduced herself with a slight bow, showing she was quite aware of the recent events.

Venom gently put a hand on her shoulder. "You have nothing to fear from us. We're here to help you. Those people won't hurt you anymore." He said softly. "I promise, we will protect you." 

"It's an honor to be here, headmistress." Kane said respectfully, kissing her hand. "The Prophet sent me here to find a member of your sanctuary. A man named Flint Dragneal, or 'Infernos' as I've heard him called. Is he here?" 

Tahlia tensed up growing red hot in embarrassment, "Y-y-eah... S-sounds excellent... I love you're eyes-" She slapped her hands over her mouth, then realed back as she hurt herself in the process of shut herself up. From across the room, a raspy voice spoke up, "Sweet mother take me now before these two continue on any further." Black lay still with his right arm and both legs in casts, his body was still battered and beaten but most of his serious wounds were patched up.

Sun giggled, "Yes my dear, he just arrived, he's at the bar in the next cavern." She told him kindly, she then leaned in close to his ear, "Also, tell the Prophet he's welcome here anytime, seriously, Any. Bucking. Time." She said seductively before stepping back with a sweet smile, "Thank you Darling." She then turned around and majestically walked off.

Venom shot Black a glare before looking back at Tahlia. "Thank you...I like yours too." He said with a small smile before turning to leave. "Again, tell me if you need anything. You'll be safe here."

Kane stood there for a moment with his jaw open in shock of what he just heard. "Uh...alright." He said before going off to find Flint. He went to the cavern Sun had told him about and saw a man who fit the description. "Are you Flint Dragneal?" He asked the man.

Tahlia nodded and swallowed nervously as she watched him leave, "...yeah... I will..."

The man turned around and stood up, he was tall with spiky pink hair and lizard-like green eyes, his muscular build overshadowed Kane. He stood as the type of man you wouldn't dare face alone, and even then, it was questionable. Without warning, the man picked him up in a tight hug, "Aye, the one and only, Dragon of the East!" He roared happily before setting Kane back down, "Come, share a drink with me, and then we can talk." He offered sitting back down at the bar.

The Canterlot castle was alive with bodies traveling here and there, with the Princesses back to full health, there was work to be done. Tia and Luna sat in their throne chairs as Rosemary stood before them, Echo placed a small medallion around her neck, being awarded for her hard work and dedication for keeping the Kingdom in balance during the Princesses absence. Tavi, Hazel, and Stryker all stood off to the side, each wearing their own medallion as well. "Thank you My Ladies, it was an honor to serve such gracious Royalty." Rosemary said as she curtsied. Luna stood up and walked down the steps, "Thank you Rosemary for all the help you've lent us." She stopped in front of Echo, "We haven't forgotten you my dear, I have been told that without you, things would be much worse. For that, we cannot tell you how much we are thankful to you." Luna placed a full moon medallion around Echos neck and then kissed her forehead. Echo practically glowed with excitement, her cheeks flushed red with embarrassment, "Thank you, My Ladies, just being able to work for you is enough." Rosemary smiled innocently, but on the inside she grinned wildly, she was suspected of nothing. Tavi smiled proudly for her dear friend, Echo had worked hard to keep the Kingdom running, she deserved a lot of credit. But Tavi's mind was also fearful of her Sons placement in the Bloodmoon, sooner or later, she'd have to face him. Hazel was happy for her superiors earning the praise, though her mind was torn between catching Oakly and Venom, and find out who was giving her the notes and flower.  

In the next Land over, Oakly searched for answers about this new group, questioning farmers and travelers at every turn. Finally he got something useful, a woman making frequent trips to Equestria and back. As well as learning the name of a man who visited a town bar a lot, the name being familiar, Crimson. Oakly sat back on a rooftop of small town, "Crimson,... the man who attacked Venom and I nearly 7 months ago. He was part of a group...."

Kane was surprised at Flint's greeting, but sat down with him at the bar. "Wow, I like your sanctuary much better already." Kane said as a servant gave him a mug of ale. "My name is Kane, I'm one of the new Death Knights. I'm here from the main branch, the Prophet summons you."

Hidden in the crowd with hooded cloaks, Mara watched Hazel intently, a small smile forming as a tear fell. Even though they were on opposite sides, she was still proud at how accomplished her daughter was. Silent stood next to her, gently grabbing her hand comfortingly. 

Flint finished his beer in one gulp before setting it down lightly, "So, the old man wants me there eh? It must really be a problem if Soul and the others can't handle it."

After the award ceremony, the guests were invited to a large lounge to meet and greet in celebration. Rosemary came up to Mara and Silent, "Greetings My Lord and Lady, my name is Rosemary Petal, glad you could make it." She said kindly with an innocent smile. 

((FYI, the rest of the Shinokage have no idea Rose is Rosemary in disguise.))

Kane looked down in sadness and sighed. "You must not have heard...Soul is dead. We've lost a lot of brothers and sisters to Nergal. The Oracle, Moonshield, Mephisto, Jolee, Devildriver...so many others. Killjoy went mad and we haven't seen her since." He looked back up to Flint. "I...I am one of the Death Knights now."

Mara smiled at the woman. "We are not noble, my friend. The titles won't be necessary. But we thank you for your kindness and hospitality." She said kindly. "Canterlot is lucky to have such brave heroes in their service." Silent added, quickly glancing over to Hazel. 

Flint let out a sad sigh, "Say no more kid, we're wasting time here." He said solemnly as he got up heading towards the exit. "Congrats on your promotion, just remember that it came with the death of a Brother."

"Indeed they are.... Silent and Mara." Rosemary said catching them off guard, "Interesting to learn little Hazel is the daughter of two Murderers." She added darkly.

"I can never forget." Kane said with a sigh as he followed Flint. "Do you know about the Great Beast? That's why Trax sent me to find you." 

Silent's eyes widened in surprise as he glared at Rosemary. "What did you just say to us?"

"Nine of them, all of them extremely strong. What about em?" Flint asked back as they exited the Sanctuary, Sun waved her goodbye to them, a small boy resembling Sun stood next to her, but his azure blue eyes struck familiarity within Kane.

Rosemary smirked slyly, "Your Daughter, Hazel, keep her in mind before you start going soft on me." She warned them as her eyes flickered from a calm voilet to a slit scary purple and green.

Kane glanced at the young boy before leaving the sanctuary. "Some girl from a nearby village showed up, Trax thinks one of them is inside of her. We're keeping at eye on her back at the sanctuary." He said as they left the sanctuary. "Apparently the leftovers from the Shadow Hunters formed a new group, and they may have captured multiple Beast already."

"Please do not harm her..." Mara said with pleading eyes. "We're loyal to you, we promise. Just please leave her alone. She's the only thing I have to live for..." She said, her voice breaking showing that she was getting emotional but holding it back.

"Then we need to go fast." Flint said grabbing Kanes collar, suddenly they took flight as flames burst out from the bottom of Flints feet.

Rosemary smiled innocently, "Fantastic, then let me introduce you to someone," she reached into the crowd and pulled Hazel close to her, "Hazel darling, I'd like to introduce you to some old Friends of mine." Hazel dipped her head to the couple politely, "Greetings, my name is Hazel Feather, it is a pleasure to meet friends of Rosemary's."

Silent and Mara looked at each other, unsure what to say to their daughter. They hadn't been face to face with her since she was just a small child. Silent cleared his throat and smiled slightly at Hazel. "The pleasure is ours, dear. The princesses are very fortunate to have brave young souls like you."

Archived