Kings of the Shadow World (Private)

MetalBronyATL

Killjoy just walked through the forest wondering where to go, she had no idea what to do next. She's thought about joining their rivals in hopes of finding someone worthy of her loyalty, maybe even the Empire even if it was very unlikely. She then thought becoming a sell sword was probably the best path to take. She didn't have to be loyal to anyone, she would always have a choice. So she finally made up her mind, she would try mercenary work. She walked to Canterlot and started planning on how to advertise herself. Though in the distance and saw the new comer, she recognized her face but was surprised she wasn't in the black armor of the Order nor sneaking about. Luna was curious and was dying to know why.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Autocorrect mistake. Fixed it.))

"Since it began, almost ten years ago. I was just a teenager when we began." Jolee said, standing up. "It was Prophet Chaosweaver's first order of business, his goal was to have a presence in the deepest parts of the Everfree."

"Excellent, thats all I needed to hear, I greatly trust His judgment." Trax said standing up and placing a hand on her shoulder, "Congratulations Jolee, you are now the Fourth Death Knight."

"The honor is mine, now go and make yourself comfortable in the Death Knights quarters, talk with Soul to catch you up on tomorrows mission. I will be along shortly to finish up with last minute details, you are dismissed." Trax told her as he turned around to sit back down, leaning up against the chair was Azures black blade.

Jolee bowed respectfully before leaving. "I guess good things come to those who wait." She said to herself with a smile. She felt like she had been here forever and was now finally getting rewarded for it.

((I know I've asked this like five times but are we about to do the scene with Oakly or are we doing the Canterlot mission? I'm sorry, I just keep getting confused.))

((We'll timeskip to tomorrow morning at Nightwatch Academy and start Oaklys scene now since it happens in the day.))

Thursday, 8:30, Nightwatch Head Quarters Academy, Grudge Day.....

It is the morning of Grudge Day at Nightwatch Academy, this is a day where students can openly challenge one another to settle grudges and disputes under Staff supervision. Most of the students are in the mess hall eating their breakfast. Oak Heart, a short brown haired blue eyed boy who is called Oakly by his peers, sat at a table eating peacefully. Suddenly a light brown haired hazel colored eyed girl sat down next to him and threw her arms around him hugging tightly, Oakly choked on his food until she let go letting him swallow his food down. "Eh eh, Hazel, a nice good morning greeting would have sufficed." He said rubbing his throat, Hazel giggled blushing, "Sorry Oakly, you know how I am, always happy to you.... But not you personally Im just saying we're such good friends and maybe people thinkg we're more and you kno-" Oakly put a finger on her lips shutting her up, Hazel went bright red, "Your doing it again Hazel." He told her, Hazel settled down with a sigh, "Sorry, mornings aren't my silent times." She said mumbled. Oakly leaned in close to her ears, "Never said you had to be silent..." Hazel sat straight up like a shock went up her spine, her face and ears were glowing red. Oakly chuckled watching her all embarrased like she always gets when he teases her, in truth it was just her who had obvious feelings for him, but he couldnt quite catch on and assumed they were just really good friends.

A silver colt with forest green hair sat across from Oakly and Hazel. "There you two lovebirds are." Venom Drop said with a smirk. Venom was a successful stealth student who was also studying chemistry and poison making.

((How old are these kids? Because I know you mentioned my guy falling for Silverthorn and she's about 18-21.))

((18))

Hazel looked away blushing, Oakly was oblivious to the meaning, "Hey Venom, ready for the duals today? Grudge Day is the best day of the year, last year We dominated those fourth years easily!" He said throwing a thumbs up.

"Of course I'm ready!" Venom said excitedly. "I can't wait to get my hands on that cocky b@stard Cutthroat. He thinks he's soooo smart and acts like a stuck up child because his family is rich! He can't even properly extract cobra venom without getting himself bit! Oh Celestia, I can't wait to kick his teeth in." He said loudly, punching his hand as he spoke.

"Settle down Venom, his name comes before yours so if he chooses to battle someone else you'll be out of luck, we're only allowed to fight one match for the rest of the day. Besides, we got more annoying faces to worry about grudges with..." Oakly started as he nodded over to a group of boys picking on a few first years, the leader was Brown Broadsword, he was nortorious for picking on the weaker first years during Grudge Day matches. The group finished with the first years then started walking on, they started to pass where they were sitting when Brown snorted and called them worthless under his breath as he and his lackys passed. Hazel was wide eyd in terror looking down at her plate, her whole body was shivering, her fear scent could be detected from miles away. Oakly glared down Brown then looked back Venom, "Like that lot, always causeing some type of problem... Hazel? Are you okay, your shaking like you've just seen Tartarus itself." He asked noticing she was shaking the table. "I-I just... I gotta go!" Hazel got up and ran out of the mess hall in a hurry. Oakly looked back at Venom confused, "What was all that about, she's usually the one who confronts Brown."

Hazel buried herself into a corner weeping uncontrollably, images of what Brown did to her last week behind the shower house flashed through her head, tears ran from her eyes like waterfalls.

((Thats the trigger, Brown challenges him and Venom against his buddies. Hazel tries to tell Oakly before the match but fails to admit it, then Brown tries to use it as blackmail to win the match but gets a bloody ending. Thats when the darkness cancels out the magic aura protecting them from drawing and blood allowing them to draw blood with their blades.))

"You go on ahead and save us some seats, I'll go get Hazel and try to see whats wrong." Oakly said patting Venom on the shoulder before heading off to follow Hazel.

After a couple minutes of searching he found her sitting in a window sill, her dull hazel eyes starred out into the horizon empty of all feeling. "Hazel? Are you alright?" Oakly asked walking up to her, she curled up hiding her face not wanting to speak, Oakly reached out a hand to touch her but pulled back thinking twice about it. "Then when you're ready, Venom and I will be in the stands, it'd be cool if you were there with us." He said as he turned around to start off but stopped as he felt a hand grab the back of his shirt, "Please.... Dont leave me alone... I hate being alone..." She murmured with trembling with fear and sadness. Oakly took her hand and put an arm around her, "Hazel, tell me whats wrong, you've never acted like this around Brown before. Your always the one standing up to him when no one else will, whats changed?" Hazel shivered once more, "Oakly, he-"

"Hey Oak!" Another student called to him from down the hall, "You and Venom have been challenged, hurry up!" He called put befpre rushing off. Oakly sighed then looked back to Hazel who was smiling now. "Hazel are you sure you're-" Hazel shut him up by leaping up all joyfully, "Come on Oakly, you got a battle to win!" She said turning around and running toward the arena, Oakly was confused but smiled and chased after her, but what he could not see were the tears still forming in Hazels eyes.

Brown stood in the center of the arena with four of his friends, each had a sword and shield which glowed with a magical aura which caused it to only sting the target and keep from drawing blood. Oakly came in geared up and saw Venom getting ready, "Let me guess, he made a big scene about it?"

Venom finished gearing up and put two broadsword at his aides, as well as several knives which he sadly could not poison for this match. "You must have really pissed him off, Oak. He really wants to beat us senseless."

"Thats the thing, we barely speak to one another. The only thing I can think of is our first year when I beat him in hand to hand in front of the whole school, and that was because the teachers wanted to see where we were at. Since then its been nothing but glaring stares and menacing glances. No, this is something else, he seems more than over confident that hes gonna beat us. 10 bits says he opens with, "You two will lose no matter what you do, just the beating and we'll go easy on ya"." Oakly said mimicking Browns annoying voice, he his black longsword and put it on his back, he then strapped on his buckler and tested out the hidden blade on it.

Hazel sat down in her seat and sat patiently, her palms were sweaty and her eyes darted around nervously, all her focus was on keeping from breaking into tears.

"Alright, let's watch eachothers back, they only thing they have going for them is teamwork and numbers." Oakly said as he drew his longsword and walked out through the tunnel into the arena. The crowd of students roared in applause anxious for the fights to begin, the Board members sat in their seats to and oversee the going of Grudge Day. Unkown to them all, there was a dark presence lingering in the shadows.

Venom suddenly felt cold and something ran down his spine. He shook it off and looked towards where Brown and the others who followed him were. "Geez, did he get uglier or are my eyes just bad?"

"Nope you're right, there's definitely a sense of ugliness to him." Oakly joked slyly. Brown gripped his sword and gritted his teeth, "You just made you're beatings worse." He growled angrily, he then smiled evilly and cocked his head, "Hey Oakly, whens your mother gonna visit? She could use getting it from a real man and not the runaway of a ******* son." Browns friends cooed and laughed at the dis. Oakly sighed keeping calm, the battle bell then dinged and he rushed forward instantly, Brown could hold his shield up fast enough to defend but the hit from Oaklys longsword sent him crashing back into on if his friends. Oakly deflected a strike from one of Browns friends then jumped back giving Venom his opening.

Venom jumped towards Brown and kicked him hard in the face before hitting two of his friends at once with his sword, knocking them to the ground as well before drawing a knife at throwing it at the remaining friend. Since it was dulled for sparing, it clonked him in the head knocking him out.

Oakly rushed in blocking the other friend from hitting Venom, he pivoted on his right foot spining to bash him with his buckler sending into another friend. "Off to a good start." Oakly said before he was tackled by Brown and another friend, the other three recovered and charged Venom swinging in a patterned attack.

Oakly pushed off Brown and kicked the other friend away, upon getting up he blocked Browns shield bash then locked swords with him, "Im gonna win Oakly, and do you know why?" They broke apart clashing blades a few times then locked swords again, "Because I can Blackmail you two into letting me win." Brown heaved with his shield knocking Oakly back. "What kind of dirt could you possibly have thats gonna make you win this match?" Oakly asked as he spun around to block an attack from the friend. Suddenly Brown rushed in close to Oakly and whispered something, Oaklys eyes went wide in shock as he froze up. Brown nodded for his friend to back up, Brown stepped back with an evil grin, his plan now in motion. Oakly dropped his sword and looked into the crowed at Hazel, their eyes met and everything became clear as day, but Oaklys mind was now dark with anger and rage. He looked down and trembled, his right hand grasped around a pitch black dagger that formed from the shadows of nothing, "You.... You.... HOW DARE YOU!" He charged Brown in surprise throwing the boy off guard. Brown held his shield to block but Oakly grabbed the side and shoved it out of the way, he lifted himself up and double kicked Brown across the arena. The crowd stood up in shock but still cheered, the board members narrowed their eyes in suspicion. Oakly looked at Venom, his blue eyes shaded with hatred, "Hazel... He viola- .... Just ****ing kill them all." He said without remorse as he started walking towards Brown, the other friend ran at him but Oakly swiftly sliced with his dagger and kept walking, the friend dropped to the ground holding his throat as blood gushed from it.

The crowd gasped from the sudden death of the friend. Both Oakly and Venom's weapons suddenly flashed, but they didn't notice. Venom suddenly swung at a friend and to his surprise, his chest was sliced open and he fell dead. "The void...claims....those who are worthless.....do my will....slay then...." A voice suddenly said in both of their heads.

Archived