Possible 16-bit style pony platform game

About a week ago now I was just surfing the web with no real purpose in mind and something I saw made me think about how awesome a MLP based game would be, I had a look at what’s being made at the moment (all of which are excellent) and I was inspired to try to make one myself. So in the past week I have started writing a pony platform game in the style of the old 16-bit consoles. When finished it should be quite a long game with a save system, you’ll be able to control all 6 of the mane cast and use will need to use their different ability’s to finish the levels. For those of you who know or care about these things the game is written in C++ and should be portable to Linux and mac. At this point I have basically got a full game engine written with only a few things left to add. I’ve never tried to write a game before or in fact any pc program but here is a screenshot of what I have so far.

image.php?album_id=86&image_id=388

One thing I am having a problem with is graphics, as you can see from the screenshot I’m no artist, I made all the graphics (apart from rainbow dash animations which I borrowed from another project I found) obviously these will need replacing. so If am to finish this I will probably need somepony’s help, as for sound there are some amazing 8-bit pony tunes out there if I can get permission to use them of course.

What does everypony here think? Would any of you play a pony platformer? If you would do you have any suggestions for features or about the interface shown in the screenshot? Am I wasting my time? Have I posted this in the right place?

For those of you who know or care about these things the game is written in C++ and should be portable to Linux and mac. At this point I have basically got a full game engine written with only a few things left to add. I’ve never tried to write a game before or in fact any pc program but here is a screenshot of what I have so far.

You've never done anything like this before but you've done an entire engine in C++ in a week? Colour me impressed! Surely you've had some programming experience before?

What does everypony here think? Would any of you play a pony platformer? If you would do you have any suggestions for features or about the interface shown in the screenshot? Am I wasting my time? Have I posted this in the right place?

In order: Looks good to me! Yes I would, and have. It's hard to say without knowing what the gameplay is like. No, I don't think you are. Might have made more sense in the general creativity forum.

Don't be discouraged dude! Keep at it! I lost heart when I started my pony game (bit off more than I could chew) but I fully intend to go back to it... one day. Oh and believe me I know how annoying it can be to not have decent graphics. >_<

You've never done anything like this before but you've done an entire engine in C++ in a week? Colour me impressed! Surely you've had some programming experience before?

I have programed before, in C and asm but not for the PC only microprocessors, which normally don’t have a screen attached and certainly you don’t need to contend with windows, and never in C++. Thanks for the words of support. :)