Through Blood and Dirt and Bone (Private)

MetalBronyATL

"I have soldiers heading to the other members homes, just two remain, I figured I'd leave the more .... difficult ones to us. After all it will be good for them to see old friends before being asked to assemble. I'll take Caesar if you want .... Ally..." He said trying to make it seem like he was dumping the more scarier one on Blood, in truth they were both scary but Ally was more likely to respond with violence than her younger brother Caesar. 

Blood sighed. "Fine. I'll deal with her." He said, knowing what he was surely about to deal with.

Silent slammed his hoof down on a table in the Crystal Palace. "I knew I shouldn't have trusted that bat. He failed and now Vampireece will surely join the fight!" He apart angrily.

Ash was in the training room blasting targets with her fire magic. Snow watched her nearby holding her foal close. "She's extremely impressive. I haven't seen anypony quite like this."

((For Ally, mention the assassination attempt on Oakly, theres a whole background deal that I'll reveal later.))

"Does it matter? You've brought an entire country of soldiers with you, they do not stand a chance." Uchia reassured him.

Arial nodded, her foal nuzzled close to her, "Its likely she'll progress faster than the other two, though Nara had his little surge, but I doubt he'll be able to do that again anytime soon. Ash is quite the prodigy, Flint and Storm would be proud."

In the middle of Vampireece, Shade walked into one of the bars glancing around, he then saw his target at the bar. A silver haired batpony stallion sat there with an untouched drink in front of him, his yellow eyes stared lifelessly at it, "You know old friend, after all we've done, all the lives we've taken, the families we've ruined, the blood we've carelessly spilled because of one simple order....... How do you let yourself live knowing the things you know?" Caesar spoke solumnly as Shade approached him. "For one thing I do not sit at bars every night buying drinks you'll never drink. Whats done is done Caesar, it all happened years ago, the families you speak of are long since moved on through multiple generations. Dont let the guilt destroy you, let it fuel your drive to keep moving forward." Shade told him, Caesar looked at him with eyes that echoed the years of suffering he'd put himself through, "Why have you come Shade, the Order has been dormant for hundreds of years, what could possibly get me to come back?" He asked more harshly. "There was a breach in the wall, Oblivion lead a group of assassins from the barbarian horde to attempt to kill the Royal family. Shadow has put out the call of the White Fang, is that good enough?" Caesar was wide eyed in shock soon becoming rage, he took the drink and down it shattering the glass in his hoof, "I yern for the blood of Barbarian scum!" He said bareing his fangs and his eyes glowing like golden slits of a predator.

Silent glared at him. "You obviously know nothing of the bat ponies. They're a powerful race bred from Nightmare Moon herself. Plus there's the White Fang Order."

Snow's eyes watered for a moment, but she quickly wiped the tears away before it got any worse. "Yes...they would be." She said softly, holding her foal tightly as she slept.

Blood walked down the street with his face hidden. "Where could she be? I'd imagine she'd be here around this time."

Uchia thought for a moment, "Then I will have to alert My Friend of this soon, if the White Fang is getting involved we're looking at one massive scale war. We'll need all the strength we can get. Do you have any other armies to call upon?"

Suddenly there was flash of light purple and a Hooded Mare had Blood bending backwards over her hip in hold with a dagger to his throat, the move was signiture to a very dangerous Mare of the White Fang Order, perhaps the most deadliest one of them all. "You may not be King but even Family of Royalty is still of high value," The Mare spun him around to his feet and held the dagger at his face, "whats Prince Bloodline doing down in the city below?" Her voice was feminine but was non too greeting in the slightest.

"You're enough to deal with, I can't imagine you having friends...." He thought rubbing the sides of his head. "The horde is endless, I can land thousands in Equestria daily. But numbers don't always match up with ferocity, intelligence and grit."

Blood put a hoof on the blade and gently moved it away from his face. "Always with a warm welcome, Ally." He said sarcastically. "The Order is being called back together. There was an assassination attempt on Shadow's family. War is on our doorstep."

Ally froze up for a second, "Is -is O-Oakly okay? .. I-I mean are the children alright?" She asked shying away trying not to sound so concerned, especially for one of the children in particular.

Shade and Caesar walked into the room where several other members were gathered around the large circular table, they took their seats and began conversations with their old friends.

Uchia scoffed, "I have friends in places that give us a very unique hoof over out enemy, trust me, they will not see this one coming."

Blood raised an eyebrow. "Yes, they're all fine. Even Oakly. But we don't have time to talk. The Order is assembling now."

Silent stared at him unimpressed before turning away and looked out the window. "Very well. Do what you must. Our conquest will not be stopped."

Ally turned away, "Screw the Order, screw you, and screw you're cursed brother. I wont be going anywhere, this war is not mine to fight, now piss off!" She spat walking off. "Bold words coming from a mother who gives away her foal." Shadows voice came from behind Blood as he walked up next to him. Ally froze and began to tremble with rage, "You... Insolent pig headed.... I'LL KILL YOU!" She spun back around leaping at them with flaring yellow eyes. "Move." Shadow told Blood as he gusted back with his wings.

Ally pulled her hoof out of the crater she punched in the ground where they once stood, her eyes flared like golden suns as she huffed angrily, "I had no choice and you know it!" She said rushing at the King. Shadow flew up over her and landed behind her a ways, "Blood, didnt you ever find it odd that you were never aware of how Oakly was born? Echo was gone mysteriously for nine months then came back with Oakly, she told everyone about Dawn and White, but never said anything abouy where she went when she was "pregnant" with Oakly?" Shadow asked him calmly. "Shut up Shadow I sweat I'll tear your out your throat!" Ally hissed bareing her fangs.

"Just Oakly, He is the true son of Ally and Tra-" Shadow was cut off as he barely dodged Ally's punch, he deflected several rapid hita before taking a hard blow to his block sending him back a ways sliding over the ground. Ally was lost in rage, "How dare you brake a promise to me! I begged for you not to tell anypony about it and here you are, I should kill you where you stand Shadow!" She began to cry out angrily. Shadow shook his hoof as it still hurt from blocking her, "Ally the truth was gonna come out sooner or later, Oakly doesn't even look like me or Echo, he's literally the only blue eyed batpony in existence. Please, you dont have to see him if you dont want to, we need you for this war, no pony else has to know." Shadows voice was calm and relaxing. Ally started to calm down but her anger still showed, "I'll go, but Blood will take me, not you." She said coldly. Shadow dipped his then gave Blood a warning look before taking off into the skies. "Well? You probably have some questions right?" Ally asked not looking at Blood.

"Thirteen years ago Trax came back on one of his secret visits to see how we were doing, like he did evey ten years, but that was his last. Only a few knew of his comings and goings, but I wasnt one of them. Back then I was having trouble with bar fights so Trax visited me to give his counseling, but after several days I started to fall for him, it just happened. I mean Im over a thousand years old and I look like im still in my late 20's, he must have been in his late seventies, but shît, when your immortal everything is beautiful. He spoke of his wife often but in the end it was me who pressured him into it, he only gave in because he thought it would help me, and it did." Ally started as she sat down with her head lowered. "Shortly after he left I found out I was pregnant, I couldnt bare to think of raising a foal being how I was, so I confessed to Echo and Shadow and they agreed to take him as their own. Tell me, does he really have his eyes?" She asked him looking up with teary golden eyes of pain and sorrow.

"Yeah," Ally chuckled knowing she wasnt nothing to be proud of, "If I was even half as good as him, we'd be a family right now but...... Im anything but motherly material. Ugh, well better get moving now, the others are probably talking about the old days. Nothing more exciting than a bunch of old bags reminiscing on old glorys." She said getting up and starting off towards the castle, her head drooped a little. She hadn't been to the castle since Oakly was born, she never wanted to risk seeing him.

Blood wanted to keep trying to comfort her, but knew Ally wasn't the type of mare to try and press an issue with. He followed her back to the castle and entered, seeing the others who had arrived.

Kane sat alone by a window in his study drinking wine. He looked solemnly at two pictures. One was of Killjoy, Soul, Trax and Tavi in their youth in their Nightwatch gear, soon to go out into battle. The other was of Thunder, Blade, Black and Vi, all smiling and looking happy. He put his face in his hand and sighed deeply.

"Its a burden isn't it? Being the last of your friends to make it this far, but you lost them one by one over time, at least all mine left at the same time." Arial said as she walked up to him.

The room was silent as they entered, most were surprised thay Ally even came. Shadow cleared his throat loudly to get their attention, "Now I'm sure you've all heard about the attempted assassination of my family, Oblivions betrayal didnt come as a surprise but who he was encouraged by is out greater concern.-"

"Concern? That bloody ******* will pay for his cowardly deception, how dare he even send his filthy brutes into our sacred city. Attacking a neutral kingdom? He'll regret ever having the thought! I say we skip the formalities and show that waste-of-skin who hes messin' with!" A large bearded stallion raged interrupting Shadow, most of the other members nodded in agreement. Shadow didnt care that he was interrupted, he sat back wanting to see where they were going with this, he may not even have to convince them of anything. "Ragnorak is right, we never did anything to provoke him, he could've destroyed Canterlot and left us alone but he made the mistake of involving us. Two good Guards are dead now, their families are now broken, the lose of a few are felt by the many. Besides, its time we show the world that the rumors of our feriousity and deadly skills are not to be taken lightly, to mess with us is followed by death!" A more younger looking Stallion said impatiently. "Calm yourself Nightfall, your youth makes you rash in deciding matters as this." Said Mapleshade, a Mare more closer to Shadows age, Nightfall scoffed ignorantly ignoring her, she then looked seductivly at Blood, "Maybe an oppinion from somepony more... Fitting.... Would be better to hear from?" She said licking her lips and winking at Blood. "Ha, she always was into Blood even in the old days." Knuckle Duster chuckled nudgning Caesar beside him, the two laughed together. Mapleshade flipped up the kitchen knife in front of her and threw it at Knuckle Duster hitting the circlet on his head just right that made him lose balance and sent him toppling backwards. Some of the members chuckled at the scene. Shadow couldn't help but surpress a smile.

Blood blushed and rubbed the back of his head. "Uh, yes....I uh, well...." He stammered before clearing his throat and getting serious. "Those assassins were sent by Silent Night. As I'm sure you all know, Silent was the first son of Soulscream and Princess Twilight Sparkle, and the original heir to the throne. However, he was exiled for attempting to kill his parents and Celestia. He was exiled and Kane was born soon after. Now that Kane is king Silent wants what he believes it rightfully his." He paused for a moment. "We did not agree to assist Canterlot because it is not our fight, but we made a mistake and were attacked. But we must not fight for our own gain....I misjudged Kane's worthiness as king, he truly is the defender of Equestria. He must be helped."

Some of the members murmured their agreement, "Hes self proclaimed, if Kane thinks for a second we'll join his wretched Kingdom, hes got another thing comin." Rowan pointed out, almost the whole room nodded and said their agreements. "If you ask me Silents afraid of us, he resorted to sneaking around trying to break us down from within, he'll soon learn why you never mess with a batpony. You mess with the wolf and you get the fangs!" Kuckle Duster said angrily, more members yelled their agreement. Shadow put up his hoof silencing them, "We need a final decision,-" Ally stood slamming the table, "So what are we waiting for? Enough with the useless debates, We show our feelings in battle so thats where we'll settle this. We go to war and thats final!" She turned around and walked leaving the room speechless. "Well ya' heard her laddies, its fighten time!" Ragnorak boasted, the other members stood up cheering for war. Shadow folded his hooves smiling, "Shade ready the troops, we head out as soon as we can." Shade dipped his head and headed out.

Radz entered the room and saw all the batponies "ah Shadow, it's nice to meet the king of the isolated kingdom of Vampireece. Though I never expected these...violent brutes." She said putting her hooves behind her back "How's the wife Shadow?" She asked looking at him with a slight smile letting him know it was her voice he heard.

A couple of the bat ponies got up drawing their weapons and lighting up their horns, Shades eyes flashed as he lit up his horn with a black aura revealing his specialty of the forbidden black magic. "Ye better have a good reason for comin here lassy, we dont very much appreciate trespassers." Ragnorak told her as he weilded two axes. Shadow narrowed his eyes recognizing the voice that warned him of the attack but was enraged by the fact that this pony thinks she can come and go as she pleases through his city. Shadow got up slowly, and walked around the table, "Lieutenant Radz, apprenticed under Thunder who was under the legendary Killjoy, taught by Twilight in the magical artslater taught by another legend, you must be pretty skilled?" He began nonchalantly as he stopped standing in front of her, his amber eyes glowed with rage.

((Just go with it since Shadow has been isolated for so long.))

Radz scratched the back of her head "I must regret to inform you that Killjoy died some years ago, killed in battle, I understood that you two were friends." She bowed her head for moment before lifting her head. "Anyway I was just in the neighborhood and thought I'd drop by. I mean I can see all of you through my magic so I see no reason why I shouldn't introduce myself, but of course you already know me which dampened things a bit. So I might as well get to the point, you are going to want to make an alliance with the Empire. You underestimate the power of Silent's army. Him and his general are very powerful, I could easily crush them...but I swore a vow to no intervene. It will take all of your strength to take on this new threat and even then it won't be enough. You will need to ally with the Empire if you are to stand a chance. They overran the Crystal Empire within a matter of hours...heed my words Shadow. I have witnessed this army first hand."

Shadow was unmoved on the surface but he felt a little empathy for those closer to Killjoy. "Then obviously you missed the part where we already decided to go to war, an allience with Kane would only be reasonable since we have the same enemy. Next time I prefer you make contact with the front gate first, because well right now Im the only thing between you and my anxious comrades here." He said as two behind him drew their bows knocking arrows tipped with Shades black magic. A single cutless sword appeared to the side of Radz neck, Ally stood with determination in her eyes. Shadow smiled slightly before saying a couple commands in a different language, all the batponies withdrew their weapons and started filing out of the room giving Radz grim glares and disgusted looks. Mapleshade let her tail pass under Bloods chin before she walked out. Ally sheathed her cutlass back and swished around walking back out. Shade went to Shadows side standing loyaly, Shadow cocked his head to the side, "Seriously though, the front gate, we do have one."