Through Blood and Dirt and Bone (Private)

MetalBronyATL

"Im the ungrateful one? Thats a laugh." Steel chuckled before crushing a demon under his heavy iron hammer hoof. Laxus charged a ball of lightning then unleashed it like a shot of pure energy tearing through the demons like a hot knife through butter, it stopped off in the distance with big explosion. "Whoops, a bit too much." He said in surprise. Nara pinched off a burning hair from his tail, "That close." He said as he stood just next to the long scar of Laxus's attack.

Shadow deflected his attacks and slammed his sword down on Silent backing with the swords emmense shadowy powers making it as heavy as a crashing meteor.

Snow picked up Ash and put a hoof to her forehead, healing her wounds. Ash's eyes fluttered open as she regained consciousness. "Are you alright dear?" Snow asked. Ash nodded and got back to her feet. "Yeah, thanks." She said with a smile. But that smile suddenly turned to horror as another demon suddenly appeared behind Snow, impaling her on its claws. Ash's jaw dropped in horror at the sight. Snow spit up blood as the demons claws withdrew from her. Ash grit her teeth and killed the demon as Snow fell to the ground.

Silent hit the ground and growled angrily as he fired two sharp beams of shadow that pierced through each of Shadow's wings and another that left a gash in his side.

Shadow gritted his teeth biting through the pain, he folded his wings in and dropped down on Silent shoulder smashing him into the ground then sank his fangs deep in Silents shoulder sucking his blood.

Arial rushed out to Kane on the balcony, "What the devil is that noise?" She asked before looking up and gasping in horror, "NO!" She changed into her half dragon form and burst up into the sky.

Steel slid under a demons claws raking its underbelly then blasting it with a storm of shrapnel. Laxus remained calm as several demons leaped at him, suddenly lightning struck down from the sky turning them all into dust, Nara and Sting had turned on their Elemental Drives making them more powerful to deal away the demons with ease.

Shadow would find that Silent's blood tasted putrid, as if it weren't even blood. The wound bled some sort of black liquid instead of blood. Silent glared at Shadow. "I don't bleed anymore..." He lit his horn and teleported away without a trace. The demons slowly vanished as the source of their power was gone. Ash held onto Snow's body as her foal was nearby crying. "SOMEBODY BUCKING HELP ME!" She shouted as Snow breathed heavily.

Kane grabbed his sword and followed Arial, even if his normal wings couldn't keep up.

Arial slid down to stop and witnessed the horror, "SNOW!" She screamed with terror as she went to her side, "Come on Hun stay with us, I need a water Acolyte now!" She called out.

Shadow wiped off the black blood and spit some out, "You coward." He hissed darkly as he his power pulsed out cracking and crushing the ground beneath him.

Kane landed soon after and stared in horror at Snow slowly dying. A tear slid from her eye as she weakly looked up. "Where...where is she?" She asked weakly. Ash slid beside her holding her little filly. "She's here, Snow. You're going to recover and you're going to hold her again." She said, trying to contain her panicking.

Radz sighed "and yet another one falls." she mumbled as she gritted her teeth and turned away, she wished she could just end the war today. Every fiber of her being fought against her just going to Rose and killing her without mercy and with extreme prejudice.

"Its hard isn't it, seeing those you care about get hurt and you cant do a thing about it, even knowing you can end it all with slight of a hoof." Sylis said as he walked out from a nearby tree.

"Snow, stay with us okay, you're gonna be alright." Arial said as tears formed in her eyes. Steel and Laxus came up with Nara and Sting, grief struck their faces as they saw the horror.

"It's not my place...The world has to find it's own way to solve it's problems. Ponies would become weak and rely on me if I did everything. Ponies may hate me...but its for the good of all, to survive." Radz said looking at her hooves. "sometimes I wish I never had this power...that it be someone else instead of me so I could help whenever I could instead of just dealing with it all."

Snow looked at Arial with a weak smile. "Arial....I never told you enough, but you're my best friend. You mean the world to me." She then looked at Ash. "It's been an honor to train you, my dear. All of you are a blessing. I'll watch over you all." She said to the remaining members. She used the last of her strength to kiss her foal in Ash's arms on the head. "I love you all....please bring peace back to this world...." She breathed a final breath, and in her last vision she saw Storm waiting for her, before her body went cold. Tears fell from Ash's eyes as she held the foal.

Arial sniffled as tears burst from her eyes, and pressed her head close to Snow as she cried. Steel closed his eyes, Laxus looked away as a few tears dripped from his chin, Nara and Sting sniffled trying to remain strong but couldnt resist crying.

"You are wise to understand. I once had friends and family I cared deeply for, one day they were all killed by a Raging Tyrant, I watched it all and almost lost myself in the anger and sadness. Angel had to bury his wife and kids after His own twin brother destroyed the village, he had to put his brother down himself after 20 years when his brother finally presented himself as a major threat to the world as a whole. Angel wasn't always like he is now, and it was harder than he thought to kill his brother, he almost couldn't do it. Clear Sky, well I'll let you ask her cause I'm not gonna risk her tearing me to shreds again. Point is we all have to wittness the hardships that our loved ones bare, and we all deal with them in our way to keep from interfering. You must find yours." Sylis told her.

Kane grit his teeth in rage. More and more of his family and friends being killed off. One of his military advisors had followed him and Kane turned to him in rage. "The captured horde soldiers...bring them to the courtyard. Now." He growled shaking.

"I know this already, know this...It's just I could save everyone. Hell I could even rule the world if I so desired." Radz said looking up into the sky "I could stop war...stop poverty...stop murder. I could stop everything wrong with this world and make a utopia. Sadness could be a thing of the past, I am the most powerful being in the world...but it doesn't matter...my power is leashed and bound. I don't know if I can just deal with this...sooner or later someone has to say enough."

"In my Kingdom, any trespassers withouth proof of good reason were given a sword to the back, any who threatened the city, I killed personally by slitting their throats." Shadow said landing beside Kane, his wings were almost healed but still a little off balanced. "They deserve no mercy, they chose their end when they sided with Silent in the first place."

"Yet you know that is not your decision to make, it is no ones. Good vs Evil, one cannot exist without the other, their must be a balance to the world. Even peace has its costs and its repercussions, your dream may not work for everyone, there will always be evil lurking in the shadows. It is an endless fight, one that will surpass us all." Sylis said as he opened up a portal in the tree, "I'd ask you if'd you like to join us for some tea but I would guess that you'll want to remain here to comfort your friends. Doors always open, just give us knock."

In the courtyard, seven Horde prisoners of war were led out in chains. Kane walked up to them with guards at his sides. He looked at them all with bloodlust in his eyes. "You're all the lowest form of sh1t on earth. Anybody who fights alongside my wretched brother deserves to die slowly. But I'm giving you one chance to save yourselves the torment and die quickly. Tell me all you know about Silent's battle plans tomorrow." One of the horde soldiers spit at him. "We'll tell you nothing, false king!" Kane smiled sadistically. "I was hoping you'd say that." He walked over to a nearby fire and pulled a blade out that was now glowing red hot. "My king, what are you doing?" Kane looked at him with an insane look. "Something aunt Killjoy taught me."

Snow was layed on a stone table in the castle as acolytes cleaned her body for burial. Ash stood there holding her daughter, the pain of losing a close friend still fresh.

"stop Kane." Radz said as she appeared behind him "you do these sort of things and you are no better than that scum Silent." she said sternly.

Lightning flashed across Shadows face as he watched with burning amber eyes, Shade stood a little ways behind him keeping silent and patient.

Arial stood with a black veil over her face, her foal was in care with her Acolytes. Steel stood firmly with a calm intent gaze, he always regretted to say that he was used to losing his comrades, something years of battle did to him. Laxus stood with Nara and Sting, their sad looks staring at Snows body.

Up on the mountain, lightning flashed across Oaklys face as he opened his peircing blue eyes glowing like sapphire gems.

Kane gripped the glowing hot knife tightly in his hoof as it shook violently. "Why should I care anymore...." He said in an unsettling tone. He looked at the horde soldier that insulted him with a crazed stare, staring right into his eye. "An eye for an eye....right?" He said unsettlingly as he gripped the glowing dagger tighter.

Ash and an acolyte gently floated her to a funeral pyre on another stone table. Another acolyte took her foal from Ash away from the scene. Ash looked at Snow's body as her eyes teared up again. "It's been hard getting used to this, away from my home....she made it easier. She was like a second mother...." She said in a faint voice.

"Because you are the King of Equestria, and you know that deep in your heart that this is wrong. Torturing many because of one isn't your way." Radz replied stepping up to Kane only inches away "your father would frown upon what you are doing, this isn't justice, this is revenge...and by the look in your eyes, you would enjoy nothing more than to hear them scream like you're some kind of savage...like horde soldier you plan to make suffer. You dare stoop to their level, to be the scum of the earth for revenge?"

Shadow remained silent, he and Kane were different Kings with different ways of leading their Kingdoms, but this wasn't Kane's path. "She is right Kane, as a King myself I understand the pain you feel, but letting yourself become consumed by the anger is not worth the step. We follow different paths in our Kingship, and this is not your path to follow, it is not your burden to bare."

Kane stared down at the glowing blade as every death he witnessed flashed through his mind. Killjoy's death, his fathers death, Trax and Tavi's murder by Kage, Thunder's death, Blade's death, Vi's death, Black's death, Una and Dossay sacrificing themselves when he found the Jagged Crown, the Order's sacrifice, including Storm, and now Snow was gone as well. He thought of all who died in his name and those who continue to die for him. He thought of all the suffering he felt. The insanity slowly faded from him as tears began to fall from his face. He finally slowly dropped the knife into the fire and walked away. "Let them go....." He said quietly as he walked away with watery eyes.