Through Blood and Dirt and Bone (Private)

MetalBronyATL

The next morning the Horde was retreated back towards the coast of Equestria. They were about a few days journey away from the ocean and were in low spirits. They're numbers were still massive, but they lacked the power to fight back against the United forces of Equestria. Blood stood in the shadows watching them retreat, waiting to strike.

"Shade, start the barrage." Shadow said quietly, suddenly green and purple balls of fire rained down on the horde caravans. "Give em hełł boys and girls." Shadoe grinned, Ally zoomed out from the shadows turning several horde soldiers into bloody messes. Ragnorak and Maple jumped out and began attacking the weakened horde army.

Blood jumped into the horde soldiers and quickly slaughtered any one that came close to him. The horde soldiers scrambled to find cover from the raining fireballs and stop the attackers, but the bat ponies were too quick and tore through them easily.

Silent held Hazel tightly as he looked towards the rear of the army with a scowl. "Go with the others, I'll take care of it." He said to her as he nuzzled her head and took off towards the attackers.

"Just the Stallion I'm looking for!" Shadows voice sounded before he crashed into Silent tackling him to the ground, he reared back his hoof, "Thought you'd try to save the day eh?" He teased coldly but before he could hit Silent, Shadow was blasted back as a purple sphere hit him in the side carrying him off crashing into the hill side. Hazel stood a few yards away with her hoof held out, she was shocked by what she had just done, "How did I do that? Father, whats wrong with me? I'm a pegasi, I shouldnt be able to use magic." As she spoke a the veins in her neck and began to light up green then spread out from where she was bit.

Shadow pushed away slab of earth off of him, "What in Celestias name was that?"

Silent looked at Hazel in shock at the suddenly power she unleashed. "I...I don't know, dear." He said in a confused tone. "What did you do to her, b1tch?" He though to himself with w growl.

"Brother! What happened?" Blood asked, landing beside Shadow.

"I think Silents got a new henchman, lets retreat for now." Shadow said as he flexed his wings and flew up into the sky. The other Bat ponies vanished into the shadows leaving without a trace.

Hazel started to shiver in fear of her newfound gift, or curse. "Father, I'm scared, you never trained me for this. What do I do?"

Silent grabbed Hazel and held her tightly. "It's going to be ok, sweetheart. I promise." He looked to a nearby horde mage. "Bring me the best magic users we have. Now." He ordered. He looked back to Hazel, the fear in her eyes too much for him to bear. "You have some kind of power in you...we'll find out what it is and how to handle it. Just stay calm, Hazel. I'm right here."

Silent closed his eyes as he held Hazel tighter. "No, sweetie. You're not a monster..." He said softly as his eyes began to tear up. "...I'm the monster." He thought to himself.

((Flashback))

Silent woke up in his bed, sweating profusely. He turned to see Amaranthe sleeping soundly next to him. He buried his head in his hooves, still in shock from the horrible dream he had. He saw Amaranthe slowly dying in a hospital for an unknown reason. He got out of bed and walked out onto the balcony and looked out into the distance. Amaranthe soon realized Silent was no longer there and got out of bed to join him. "What's wrong, dear?" She asked, sitting next to Silent. Silent shook his head and looked away. "It's nothing...really...." Amaranthe gave him a stern look. "That doesn't sound like 'nothing.' Tell me." Silent sighed. "I had a dream....you were in a hospital and...you died....I couldn't tell if it was disease or a wound or anything....but I saw you slowly die." Amaranthe put a hoof over her mouth in surprise. "Silent....I'm sorry. I'm not going to die. I promise you." She said as she cuddled up next to him. Silent held her tightly and nuzzled her before looking out in the distance again with a determined look. "I won't let you die...." He said to himself.

((End Flashback))

Shadow landed to a halt on the Crystal tower balcony, "Get some rest, all of you, I'll report it to Kane." He told them as he pushed through the doors to the throne room. Oakly peeked out of one eye as he sensed Shadows presence, he could smell trouble had risen.

"We hit them where it hurt, but there was a ... Complication. Silent has another pony or demon that possesses quite the power, it knocked me pretty good. The elementals will need to be on guard as Silent is not the only threat to them anymore." Shadow reported.

Kane raised an eyebrow. "Another pony as powerful as him?" He repeated. "That's odd. We haven't seen him or her before and I was told Uchia fell in battle, is it some kind of secret weapon he hasn't revealed yet?" Kane thought aloud.

"What ever it is, we must not underestimate it. Take every precaution needed, and just in case, I'll head out with the Elementals myself should this new enemy be as much as Shadow claims." Oakly said wisely from his perch, Shadow nodded in agreement then raised his hoof to his mouth, "He's actually above my league so Ima let have this, I'll see you guys later, time for a nap." He mumbled to Kane before yawning and flying out. Azure walked in with Dawn at his side, he glanced at Oakly meditating then looked to Kane, "Most of the Army is ready Sire, we still have a heavy number of wounded in the infirmary, still getting the results on the quickest of who can be battle ready again." He reported in with a bow.

Blood waited for Shadow outside the palace. "Did Kane know anything about what attacked you?"

"Thank you, Azure." Kane said, waving a hoof for him to not bow. "We'll keep alternating the raids with the Elementals and the bat ponies until they reach the sea. Hopefully we can finish them there. I do not, do not, DO. NOT. want to have a naval battle. We've been fortunate enough to go toe-to-toe with the horde on land, but they're natural sailors and deadly raiders, we'll get massacred on the water."

"No brother, we'll just have to be careful next time." Shadow said shaking his head.

"If they do, my water type jutsu will be most effective there, leave them to me should it come to that." Oakly said from his perch, Azure glanced at him actually getting annoyed at the fact that this colt was acting all high and mighty. Even if he was the son of his late Mentor. "We'll do our best to be sure it wont come to that Sire." He began looking back to Kane.

Blood shrugged and yawned. "Well, guess our shift is over. Now I have business to attend to." He said with a smirk looking over to Maple.

Kane nodded before a guard appeared. "King Kane...she's here." Kane turned to the guard and nodded. "Let her come in." He said. Soon Autumn sprinted into the room past Dawn and Azure and embraced Kane tightly. "I missed you so much, Kane." She said with tears running down her face. Kane kissed her passionately. "I was always with you." He said. Autumn smiled and nuzzled him affectionately. She then stepped back and sighed. "Still no luck?" Kane asked solemnly. Autumn nodded with a sad look on her face. "Kane...I'm done trying. It's just not going to happen." She said sadly feeling her belly.

Shadow smirked at little brother finally finding love after so long, he thought about Echo and his children, praying they were safe.

Azure and Dawn bowed respectively to them before leaving to rest. Oakly felt a pang of sorrow for them not being able to have foals, but he pushed the thought away deciding he was too young to understand their pain.

Kane and Autumn sat on the balcony together as they watched the crystal ponies rebuild their home. "I don't know what else to do, Kane." Autumn said sorrowfully as she levitated some tea to her mouth and took a sip. "We could always adopt." Kane suggested. "We could...but your bloodline wouldn't continue if it's not our actual child." Kane turned to Autumn and took her hoof. "I don't care about my bloodline, I know how much being a mother means to you." Kane said looking into Autumn's eyes. She teared up at Kane's words and nuzzled his neck. "We'll find a way, I promise." Kane said to her, kissing her forehead.

Oakly frowned as he found his emotions in conflict with each other, he hoped down from his perch and walked out feeling distraught. Once got through the doors to outside and half way down the stairs he realized something, he was envious, jealous of what Kane and Autumn had. Oakly shook his head clear and stomped the ground in frustration, he then spread his wings and flew off into the sky.

((Are you going to hook up Oakly and Hazel later?))

Ash went down to an underground training facility in the Empire and began to blast targets with her fire spells. "I can't wait to go after them again. Silent will pay for what he did to Snow." She said as she obliterated another target.

Ash stood up straight and dusted herself off. "I know about vengeance, and I know that I'm not acting out of anger or vengeance. I'm simply preparing myself, as I know of the power Silent Night possesses." She said as she made short work of another target.