Through Blood and Dirt and Bone (Private)

MetalBronyATL

Blood stood on his back legs and grabbed the handles of the wheelchair and began to push him out of the room.

Ash blushed even harder. "I....uh...." Fortunately for her the bat ponies were heading down the hall. Ash quietly sighed in relief that the awkward situation was resolved. "Hi there, we were just coming to check on you!" She said with an awkward smile. Blood raised an eyebrow. "Well that's nice of you and all, but Shadow's alright and we have to get going. Has King Kane left yet?"

"He just left a couple minutes ago, I believe he's heading back to his room Sir." Steel told them. Shadow nodded his gratitude to them, "Thank you, its good to meet you Ash and Steel."

Blood nodded his thanks. Ash smiled at them. "Pleasure to meet you as well. We're glad to fight alongside you." Blood kept pushing Shadow down the hall to try and catch up with Kane. "Would this be an inappropriate time to relive our foalhood when we pushed each other down the hallways of the castle in wheelchairs from the infirmary?" Blood joked.

"The bat ponies are actually kinda nice." Ash said as they left. "I think they got too much of a bad reputation."

Blood smirked and opened his wings, getting a good speed before releasing the wheelchair with Shadow in it. He looked like a blur as he raced down the hallway. Nurses and doctors walking by were shocked and scared at the sudden object flying down the hall at such a speed. Blood zoomed ahead of Shadow as the front door was coming up and stood in front of him. He lifted a back hoof and stepped on the chair just before it hit him, stopping him immediately. "It's more fun with fully developed wings, huh?"

Maple and Shade had looks of annoyance on, "At least I'm not dating one of them." Shade said causing Maple to face hoof herself. Steel starred wide eyed in surprise, "They make it it hard to think they even had a bad reputation in the first place."

Shadow brohoofed his brother, "Alrighty, on to King Kanes room, we've got business to attend to." He said calming down off the excitement.

Blood pushed the wheelchair at a normal pace at they headed to Kane's chambers. Blood saw Maple looking annoyed. "Not my fault you didn't have an interesting foalhood."

"Well I guess we better get back to the others. Arial and Snow will be happy to know they're both alright." Ash said.

Blood nuzzled Maple and kissed her cheek, knowing she wouldn't stay mad at him.

Ash hesitated before reaching her own hoof out and lighting her own horn. Soon they were both back in the Elemental Castle. Snow was winding down from the battle by playing with her daughter.

Mapleshade grew flustered but she eventually nuzzled him back, "Dammît I cant stay mad at you."

Arial was in the rocking chair as her colt fed from a bottle, Steel froze as he saw the little foals, his body started to shake before hurriedly walked out. Arial raised an eyebrow, "Okayyyy, so how are the kings?" She asked turning to Ash.

Steel came out onto the balcony of his room, his began to struggle for breath and held onto the railing gripping it to the point where it started to crack under the pressure, his eyes were wide in shock. Blury images cycles through his mind as he started to hear strange sounds everywhere, he sat back against the wall trying to catch his breath, his hoof had turned into a steel blade. He kept trying to scoot closer to the wall, his wide eyes darted around as the imaginary sounds echoed around him, his breathing started to steady little by little.

Ash was shocked as she watched Steel suddenly leave. "They're fine, both injured and can't fight for a while, but fine." She hurriedly answered before walking out on the balcony. "What's wrong?" She asked Steel with a concerned voice.

Her voice snapped him back to reality as he paused, Steel stood up turning his hoofblade back into a hoof, his face was dark as he didn't turn to look at her. "Im fine, just a headache." He said brushing past her and walking away.

Ash was confused as she watched him. She worried that something must had happened to him.

Kane and Autumn made it to their chambers. Kane gently lay on the bed and sighed. "Ruling from here is going to be hard, especially with a war going on."

Kane grit his teeth as it hurt to sit up, but he got up enough to look at Shadow better. "Good to see you're alive." He sighed to himself. "I do, he's the best I have. Still, I feel helpless when I don't fight."

"The feeling is mutual, though by tomorrow I should be back to full strength due to my increased healing abilities,..... and pony blood..." Shadow added in a cough as he rolled over to them, "The nurse let him feed off her so his wounds would heal faster, she's taken care at the moment and will be fine." Shade added in reassurance.

"You would be correct, its about what I encountered inside the portal." Shadow began, his mood changing to more serious and worried, "I dont know what they were, but they were fast and strong. I heard a dark female laughter, I believe Silent is not acting alone, and gives us reason to believe he has hidden strengths we dont know about. Those demons he had under his leadership, they didnt come from him."

"Those demons are like flies compared to those things you encountered in that portal." Radz said entering the room. "The laughter you heard was from a very ancient pony, her name is Rose,and she brought back our three legends from the dead." Her tone and face went grim "Killjoy, Soul, and Trax. They are back and bent on destroying everyone and everything. This Rose mare has the means to bring about doomsday. That is something I do not plan on letting happen."

Shadows eyes widened in fear as an image of piercing blue eyes flashed in his head, then a pair of venomous green eyes, lastly the pair of blood red eyes. "No..... Its.... Its not possible.... I should be dead right now...." He said shakily. Shade put a hoof to his chin, he had heard that name before, but from where....... "The Black Rose! She's one of the most powerful Deities of Darkness, if I read right she was the one who killed the parents of Celestia and Luna as they sought to protect their children, she was the only Darkness to survive the Great War ages ago. She's literally the whole reason Black Magic still exists, her mere presence keeps it alive." He explained as he remembered his studies from the missing Library of Star Swirled the Bearded.

Rose lay in a large bed cuddling with the Three Legends, the screens above them showed everything, a wicked smile ran across her face at the mention her name as they figured out only half the truth.

Kane froze for a long moment. "So this witch enslaved my father, Trax and Killjoy and made them reanimated monsters, bent on destroying everything." Kane didn't now whether to be seethingly angry, devastated or any other emotion. After all he went through, after all the loss and heartache, he just became numb. "Then there is more to this than just me and my brother. This is all crafted by this witch, and my brother is just the chisel."

Deep in the woods, Silent trekked alone, trying to find the lair of the Alpha wolf.

"If your brother is just a tool, then we dont know how big this all is, or deep it runs. For all we could know, Rose is responsible for everything thats happened in the past 70 years." Shadow said blankly as his gaze was fixed on the floor in front of him.

Kane thought about everything that happened since the war with the Republic that his father took part in, and it began to make since. Black magic had been involved in some way every time. Kane sighed and shook his head. "For now, we continue as planned. My brother must be stopped. Then we can deal with this....Rose."

"Sounds like a plan, though truthfully not excited about facing the Three Legends." Shadow said looking back up.

"Usually friends tell eachother when they leave the country, not just vanish into thin air." A beastly voice came from the darkness of the forest as a black pony with a short gray mane and long gray tail stepped out onto the path. His eyes were dark red and he had thick chin hair, gray hair also grew on the back of his legs as well as a trail that ran down his back. A wolf pawprint was his cutie mark.

"I'm not ready to fight an undead apparition of my father." Kane said, surprising calmly. Autumn held him and leaned her head on his shoulder, worried at how unsettlingly calm he was remaining.

Silent looked at the pony with a glare. "It wasn't my choice and you know it, Lykos." He said turning to him. "Tell me, you're still mad that the bat ponies killed your wife, yes?"