Night of the Comet (open/all)

Boss_Hoss1

Flim grinned slyly at his brother's words and whispered "Yes, I surely did, dear brother Flam. Maybe a little stop once we leave this town, eh? They wont know what hit them wen we buy up all their wares..."

Meanwhile the twins looked to each other and Louise after Hoss got done strapping the ponies in and hitched up. "Ready?" "Ready!" "Since you are our guest in the traces, how about you lead the way in take-off, Louise?"

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flam smiled and nodded in agreement with his brother's words as Louise began to flap her wings, warming up for takeoff with their two elderly passangers secured in the wagon.

"Dear sister! I've change mein mind! I vant off dis ting!"

"Don't be a scaredy pony, Strudel! We're goin' on the ride of our lives! YYYIIPPPP EEEEEEEEE!"

"HERE WE GO!" Louise shouted as the brown Pegasus mare took off, taking the lead as the others watched below.

"This is truly a sight to behold!" ThunderClap mooed.

"I think flyin' should be left fer to the birds and Pegasi!" added Sheriff Silverstar.

"C'mon Sheriff," Doc Holly Day said, "T'aint that bad."

"YOU go up in that contraption and THEN you kin tell me about it!"

Louise flew at a leisurely pace so Granny Smith and Apple Strudel could take in all of the sights of town.

"NOW whatdoya think, brother?"

"You vere right, Granny Smith! Dis is VONBERBA!!!" the beared stallion shouted, raising his hoofs in the air in triumph.

Flim nodded his horn toward the B&B "How about a bite to eat where we can plot.. errr chat with some privacy..." sending a backward glance at the Sherrif and Doc Holly Day..

Meanwhile, Lightning Horn looked up in awe as the earth ponies flew in the yellow cart. "That looks AMAZING, doesnt' it, Thunderclap?"

Up above, Hoss and Shanna whooped happily as they flew in tandem with Louise "You are doing an amazing job at pulling lead, Miss LaMare!" and Shanna nodded "Exactly! Much of our teamwork is from our being twins. Its rare to met a good lead for us."

"Capitol suggestion, dear brother of mine," Flam whispered back to him. "We could dine in that quiant little eatery over there, Madam Bistro's place."

Meanwhile, Granny Smith and Uncle Apple Strudel were having the time of their lives riding in the back of the 'air chariot' being pulled by the Skybright twins and led by Louise LaMare.

"Thank you," the brown Pegasus mare said to the twin's compliments. "But I'm not a professional flyer like the two of you. I've always been a novelist at heart."

"Sheriff, why ain't ya watchin' the fun?" Doc Holly Day asked, noticing how the mustached lawpony wasn't gazing up at the air chariot soaring in the sky.

"Nutin', no reason at all!" Sheriff Silverstar sneared.

"Yur scared of heights, ain't ya?"

"Don't wanna talk about it, Doc."

"Ya better git used to heights, dear friend, cause you've got a Pegasus fer a girlfriend," the red maned unicorn giggled.

Looking up with wonderment was ThunderClap.

"Indeed so, Lightning Horn! I cannot wait until it is OUR turn to soar among the clouds!"

Flim grinned and spoke loudly for any listeners "Yes, We must eat heartily for we have many excellent telescopes to make before tonight, my dear brother Flam!"

The straw-hatted unicorn then trotted in through the double doors to immediately grab a table in a corner, beside a window with a view of the SSCS6K.

Flam waved a hoof grandly at Madam Bistro, the room now mostly deserted as the Apple relatives were outside watching Granny Smith flying. "I will have today's special, My radiant desert blossom!"

Madam Bistro trotted over, her expression professionally neutral as the unicorn brothers really arouse her suspicions, honed in a lifetime in Manehattan, as they would have if she had not already heard their spiel outside a few minutes ago. "One HLT and a tomato soup, with coffee and pie.. Coming up." She raised an eyebrow at Flam "And what will you have, sir?"

Meanwhile, the twins were enjoying themselves as Louise led the flight. Hoss looked at the town clock as they flew by it. "Is it about time we land so others can have a try?"

"I'll have the same, my dear filly," Flam replied, now noticing how stunningly beautiful their hostess was. "You are quite fare, my lovely mare, perchance when your shift is done, you and me can go have some fun?"

Meanwhile, high above the town in the flying 'chariot'....

"Reckon we best git back to the hotel now," Granny Smith said.

"Javol!" Apple Strudel shouted, "Dis has been dee best ting dat has happened to me in a long time!"

"I hear you both loud and clear!" Louise called back to the two elderly siblings in the cart before turning towards the Skybright twins. "Time to land, I'll try to bring us to the middle of the street in front of Madam Bistro's."

As Sheriff Silverstar, Doc Holly Day and ThunderClap watched, the Pegasus-powered air chariot began to descend.

Madam Bistro snorts and shakes her head "Sorry boys, I'm from Manehattan. Your wily ways are nothing new to me..."

She stuck her tongue out and sang "The shivers you put down my spine are hardly the joyful kind. If I'm in the market for a date. -Dont call on me because you dont' rate."

With that, she flounced toward the kitchen, a hooftap to the floor telling Thorn to surrupticiously keep an eye on them.

Meanwhile the twins flew down with Louise, following her lead to land in the middl of thestreet, nice and slow with the cart hovering to a stop, then gently touching down.

Shanna looked back and smiled "All right, how was that, Granny smith and Uncle Strudel?"

Flam looked a bit deflated at Madam Bistro's response to his advances as the lovely mocha mare left the room.

"Oh, nevermind her, dear brother, when the two of us become the richest ponies in these parts, the fillys will all flock over to us! Now, let's talk about those buffalo. If they have no concept of monetary value, think of the swaps we could make with them! Trading them worthless articles for their valuable treasures! And the beauty is, they'll be none the wiser!"

The 'air chariot' now safely parked in the street, Louise unhitched herself and walked over to the side to help unfasten their passengers.

"Dis vas an amazing ride!" Apple Strudel proclaimed. "I loved it!"

"Told ya so, baby brother!" Granny Smith neighed as she turned to look at the two buffalo nearby. "You two big shaggy critters is gonna LOVE this too!"

"I know we will, Granny Smith," ThunderClap answered before turning to Lightning Horn. "Our friends back in the herd won't believe this, even when we tell them about it."

"I think they will," Doc Holly Day said with a smile. "Why wouldn't they?"

"Some of them buffalo can be stubborn, er, no offense guys," Sheriff Silverstar said calmly.

Flim chuckled, his eyes shining greedily as his brother spelled out the prospects with the buffalo " Exactly, my Dear Brother Flam, especially if we can get out there without any of the local ponies following, and get there before those buffalo they just warned make it ahead of us."

Thorn kept his face impassive, but his long ears were picking up much of what Flim said...

Outside, Lightning Horn chuckled "No offense taken. Our Chief is legendary for his stubbornness, even in the face of his favorite daughter."

Lightning climbed up into the cart eagerly, where Hoss buckled him down.

The stallion looked at the room left and the state of the cart's springs "Hmm the cart isnt' sagging so I guess having the both of you at once wont be a problem."

"I can hardly wait!" ThunderClap shouted as he climbed into the cart and got strapped in.

"Er, guys," Louise said as she gathered Hoss and Shanna together to talk privately, "these two buffalo are a lot bigger than ponies. Will the three of us be able to lift the cart into the air with all this added weight?"

As Sheriff Silverstar and Doc Holly Day continued to strap ThunderClap in, in Madam Bistro's dining room, Flam nodded in agreement with his brother's words.

"Brilliant idea, Flim!" the off white furred unicorn neighed. "Shall we proceed into Buffalo Territory after we dine? That would be divine!"

Hoss and Shanna put their heads together and spoke in hushed tones, then turned back to Louise. "The enchantment on the cart is strong..." "..Since we sometimes carry both our equipment and our Professor, Stargazer at the same time." "As long as we dont' do stunts it should be fine." "These two are so new to flying just being up there will be a thrill,"

"..They shouldnt' mind if we dont' get fancy." the pair finished together. The twins looked at Louise eagerly "Ready?"

Meanwhile, Flim chuckled "A splended idea! Do you think we could reach them before dark? Who would know where they live, by the way?"

after a quick conversation with Thorn as the donkey assisted her in bringing the order, Madam Bistro whispered to the unicorn twins "I would advise that you two begin on the telescopes that you promised the moment that you finish, or would you rather I tell the sherrif your plans for the buffalo tribe?..."

Thorn gave a nasty smirk "These ears of mine arent' there for stylish good looks you know..."

She winked at them "Besides, you could not reach them before dark even if you started now, and there are cactus cougars and tumbleweed coyotes out there for the unprepared."

"I think you youngin's could use a little extra lift fer your special passengers," Doc Holly Day said as his unicorn horn began to glow. Suddenly, the cart felt lighter and began to rise slightly.

"Doc, what in tarnation are you a doin'?" Sheriff Silverstar asked.

"Go ahead and take off! I'll keep your wagon stable!" the red mustached unicorn stallion called out.

"If you say so, Doc," Louise replied before turning her head forward. "Hoss, Shanna, let's do this!"

"We are actually going to fly, my friend!" ThunderClap mooed excitedly to his fellow buffalo.

Back at the Bistro, Flam gave out a slight whine when Madam Bistro mentioned the wild animals of the night.

"Perhaps we should put off our excersion into Buffalo Territory till morning, dear brother. Maybe tonight we should stick around and make telescopes."

Hoss and Shanna cheered as they felt the cart lighten. "Woo Hoo!" "You got it, Miss LaMare!"

The twins lifted off as easily as it if was Granny Smith behind them.

Lightning Horn raised his hooves "This is Amazing!!"

Meanwhile,

Flim sighed and nodded to his brother as he ate his HLT

"Yes Dear Brother of mine. Meeting predators is definitely not fine..."

Madam Bistro smirked at them "I thought you would see it my way...."

"WWWEEEEEEEE!" ThunderClap mooed as the cart flew upward with Louise LaMare in the lead position.

"Looks like Doc's magic is working, let's take an aerial tour of town," the brown Pegasus mare said as she banked to make a slow turn.

"BE CAREFUL UP THAR!" Sheriff Silverstar shouted as he watched Doc Holly Day's glowing horn. "Sure ya got this, Doc?"

"YUP! Don't worry, I got this," the red mustached unicorn said.

Back at the Bistro, Flam finished up his dinner and then took a look out the window.

"GADZOOKS! LOOK AT THAT!" he shouted, pointing up at the airborne cart. "Film, are you SURE there's no market for air chariot rides? Seems like even those two buffalo can afford them!"

Shanna and Hoss flapped their wings happily, thouroughly enjoying themselves as they heard the gleeful noises from the buffalo.

The mare yelled back to the buffalos. "See, now this is the magic of friendship, all of us working together to get you up here."

Hoss grinned and added "Yes, exactly! What do you two think of this?"

Lightning Horn whooped "This in incredible! It's like standing on a mesa with nothing under me!"

Back in the bistro, Flim looked outside in awe, then back at Flam with a smirk "If I remember, my Dear Brother Flam, I agreed with you. As for buffalo affording it, we shall see. Unless I misheard... those ponies are giving rides... *gasp* -for free!"

Louise LaMare flapped happily along side the Skybright twins. The brown Pegasus mare was pleased to see how excited their two special passangers were.

"How are you liking this trip so far!" Louise shouted back to them,

"This is truly amazing!" ThunderClap mooed. "Indeed Miss Shanna! All of you combining your efforts to bring us into the air! We buffalo have much to learn from you ponyfolk!"

Doc Holly Day's horn continued to glow as the red mustached unicorn steadied the flying wagon.

"Them buffalo sure look like they're havin' a ball!" Sheriff Silverstar neighed.

"They sure are!" added the unicorn physician. "Do ya think any other buffalo would fly in a cart like that?"

"Maybe Little Strongheart, but I really doubt that Chief Thunderhooves would EVER try somethin' like this."

Meanwhile, back in the Bistro's dining room, Flam does a sudden 'spit take' with his coffee at the words of his brother.

"FLIM!" the mustached unicorn shouted. "Such offensive language! Our mother would wash your mouth out with soap for saying that horrible word! F..F...F... FR....FR... FR.... FREE..."

The twins smile and laugh happily as they fly along "Maybe someday there will be air ships coming here." "Yes, big enough even your chief would feel safe riding."

Lightning Horn gasps "You ponies have devices that fly for you? How big are they?"

Shanna laughs "Oh, the ship part is typically as big as the town hall there." while hoss added "And the bag of lifting gas is easily as big, holding it like a pegasus cloud."

The young adult buffalo went wide eyed in awe "Wowww!"

Over in Madam Bistro's,

After the spit take by his brother, Flim wipes his dripping face dry.

"It's unfortunate but true,

those selfless ponies -for bits will not pursue.

However you put it, Gratis, or Complimentary...

They are doing it entirely for... welllll...."

With a shake of his head, Flim gobbles down his sandwich under the watchful gaze of the mocha mare.

"Air ships?" ThunderClap asked in shock. "You ponyfolk are AMAZING! I would very much enjoy seeing one of those!"

"I think I might have a photo of one in my saddlebag!" Louise shouted back to him. "When we land, I'll search for it!"

"Airships?" Sheriff Silverstar neighed in stunned surprise. "AIRSHIPS IN APPLEOOSA? If we ponies were meant to fly, we'd have wings... oops... "

"I HEARD THAT!" Louise yelled as the brown Pegasus mare continued leading the flight.

"Open mouth, insert hoof," Doc Holly Day giggled as his horn continued to glow.

"I have zeen airships before!" Apple Strudel neighed. "Vee have plenty of dem in Germaney, but vee call dem Zeppolins!"

"They say thar's a whole passal of air ships over in Canterlot!" added Granny Smith.

In the dining room, Flam quickly finished his sandwich before turning to his brother.

"Flim, we have much planning to do, if we are going to become rich and famous here. We mush be smart, we must be quick, if we're gonna make our schemes stick!"

Lightning horn was too well strapped in to bounce in his seat, but was clearly excited. "Yes! I would be very happy to see these pictures! And Father will be so amazed that I flew today!"

The twins looked at each other and smiled, so glad to have introduced young and old alike to flying.

Meanwhile,

Flim finished his meal and glanced toward the mare and donkey nearby.

"Yes my Dear Brother Flam, Let us plan while we work,

I have no doubt they would inform the sherrif if we shirk..."

The unicorn set out his share of bits and tip beside his plate.

"Well, Dear Brother Flam, let us away and build telescopes this day..."

"All of our herd will be amazed by all of this, Lightning Horn!" ThunderClap mooed as Louise LaMare led the air chariot 'team' in a slow aerial turn.

"I think we better come in for a landing now, guys," the brown Pegasus mare suggested. "Doc Holly Day can't keep us afloat all day!"

As she spoke, Louise glanced down and noticed how the red maned unicorn was beginning to struggle with his levitation spell.

"Doc? You alright?" Sheriff Silverstar asked.

"Starting.. to... weaken.." Doc Holly Day admitted.

"Oh my! Better land that contraption soon!" Granny Smith yelled out.

"Javol! Herr Doctor needs rest! Snell!" added Uncle Apple Strudel.

As their table, Flam also levitates a number of bits to pay for his food and tip as he began to sing.

"We haven't time to waste, let us now make haste! Telescopes to create, cause those ponies WILL NOT WAIT!!!"

The twins whinnied and nodded "Lead the way, Miss LaMare. we are ready to land." "Yes, I think our new friends are suitably impressed."

With that, the pair followed Louise's lead in heading down to land.

Lightning Horn bellowed happily and raised his hooves as the street came closer and closer. "Woo Hoo!"

Meanwhile Madam Bistro escourted the tall unicorns to the door while Thorn cleared the table "Thank you Gentlecolts, You have made a wise decision..."

Flim sighed and clopped back to the SSCS6K with his brother, hoping they had enough material to go around, when he saw the yellow cart coming in for a landing.

Flim took off his hat and held it to his chest sadly "And not a Bit was made for such an attraction... A deplorable waste..."

"Here we go!" Louise LaMare shouted as she steered the cart and began her descent. As she did, ThunderClap joined his fellow buffalo bull in cheering. At this time, Sheriff Silverstar noticed Doc Holly Day straining to maintain the magical 'lift' on the wagon.

"Hang in thar, Doc, they're almost down," the worried mustached stallion said.

"I'm.. fine.. Sheriff.." the red maned stallion groaned, his eyes now shut as his horn began to flicker. Minutes later, when the wagon was on the ground and came to a full stop, Doc Holly Day's horn went dim. Looking exhausted, the red mustached physician stallion had to lean on a nearby hitching to rest.

"You ok, sonny?" Granny Smith asked.

"I vill fetch you some vater!" Apple Strudel offered as he galloped into the Bistro.

"Don't worry bout me, folks. I just ain't as young as I used to be," Doc said. "Sheriff, ya best go help with gitt'n them buffalo instrapped."

"Will do!" the Sheriff shouted as he galloped over to the wagon to help an unhitched Louise LaMare work to free up Lightning Horn. Meanwhile, Flam nearly collided with a running Apple Strudel.

"Watch out ya crazy old coot!" the lanky mustached unicorn shouted.

"What did ya say to my brother, horn head?" Granny Smith snorted.

"I said, 'Watch this, galloping such a hoot!" Flam lied.

"You BETTER not sass my kinfolk. I'm keepin' my eye on you two rascals." the elderly mare said as she slowly followed her brother into to Bistro.

"Whew!" Flam neighed, wiping the sweat from his face as he spotted Doc Holly Day giving him an icy stare.

The twins back-flapped rapidly to help lower the cart down to a smooth landing,then unhitched and moved to help unstrap

the buffalos. The twins took on the task of unstrapping the older buffalo since Louise and the Sherrif were undoing

Lightning Horn.

Lightning Horn was waving his hooves excitedly and grinning at the two ponies helping him "Oh By the Sun and the Sky!

That was incredible!"

Shanna and Hoss spotted Doc Holly Day leaning on a hitching post, with Hoss asking "Are you okay sir?

Meanwhile Flim facehooofed at the sentence Flam came up with to cover insulting the elderly pony who was Granny's

brother. "Nice...save, my Dear Brother Flam..."

He moved out of the path of the old pony and trotted over to the SSC6k "Do we have enough material in the spare parts

bin, Flam?"

• 2 weeks later...

"I'm fine, really I am," Doc Holly Day said, "I'm jist a bit fatigued because of all that expenditure of magic. Haven't done somethin' like this in years. It's not like my days back in the Canterlot School of Gifted Unicorns."

"Wait a minute!" Louise neighed. "YOU was accepted into Princess Celestia's School for unicorn foals?"

"Sure was, Miss LaMare. I even graduated from it, but I didn't pursue magic as a career or life's ambition. My folks were successful doctors and I wanted to follow the family tradition."

"Wow doc, didn't know all that bout ya," Sheriff Silverstar said.

"I'm not one ta go around braggin' bout all I've done," the red maned unicorn said.

Meanwhile, Flam continued walking with his brother:

"I believe we do, Flim! It'll take some work, but if the two of us work together, we can have enough telescopes ready to sell tomorrow morning."

The twins gasped at hearing Doc Holly Day's tale.

Shanna fluttered her wings in surprise "That is amazing! Appleoosa must be spectacular to attract unicorns who went to that school!"

Hoss nodded agreement "Yes, Our immediate superior in the Observatory is another graduate of that school, Professor Stargazer. Have you heard of him? Midnight blue body, white mane and tail streaked with black, telescope and star cutie mark?"

Shanna added "...Grumpy as the day is long and afraid to fly..."

Both twins laughed at that one.

Meanwhile, the tall unicorn Flim cast an eye at the increasingly impatient townspones as they looked at the brothers expectantly "In the interests of our continued good health, I think we had better sell them as fast as we make them, my Dear Brother Flam. In fact, We had best make the first one a peace offering to Granny Smith or we might find ourselves riding out of town upon a rail, covered in molasses and chicken feathers and wondering what just happened..."