Out of the Sky (Private)

Zealot

Avery was still in a state of confusion whist being told what Pinkie Pie was talking about. First was the baffling appearance of the hyperactive pony emerging from a can, to most new people that's just down right impossible for an Earth Pony no less. The hyper movement was hard to really see, even though he has a rather keen eye, he couldn't exactly keep up with what Pinkie was doing. The talk from the bubbly pony was extremely fast, and Avery is more used to the quiet and calm talks that he's had with Stiletto, so having the mood of conversation suddenly change like that was unexpected. And now with her gone just as quickly as she appeared, he was just trying to take it all in, from everything that happened within that moment in time.

Though he would get out of this confused state in due time, he was currently in a state of babbling questions that shouldn't really be asked as there were no answers to such as: "But that-she came out of the can, how did-there's no-hoooow??" "Were her eyes just moving on their own, that's... what? I-tha-wait-huh-pwhat?" He would soon after words remain silent, thinking about what this Princess would be and how she would react to him being here. Since everyone else that he's met was nearly shocked about him being an alicorn, and he's betting that its going to be the same with Twilight.

And after a few minutes, not long afterward. Pinkie comes rushing to the door again, waving at the two in the house. Though as she was there, she was suddenly snagged by a bag! Who could've done this?! ...Why herself of course! As Pinkie caught Pinkie in a bag and took Pinkie somewhere else, then came back with a bright smile. ...You still following? Good. Pinkie pointed inside of the house, mainly at Avery, yelling outside "TWILIGHT! He's over here! Look at him! He's all grey and red and stuff!"

Avery's instant reaction was "How in the world did you find her so quickly?" quickly taken aback from how fast she got back here.

Pinkie replies "Well DUH, because she was checking out your crash spot! What? You thought that little stunt was going to leave her in her library? Not a chance!" Avery was once again dumbfounded by what Pinkie knew.

Pinkie soon stepped to the side of the open door, showing Twilight, a purple alicorn who was recently crowned as a princess, who was almost disappointed with Pinkie judging from her look. Twilight quickly spoke out "Pinkie, you know better than to just burst through somepony's doors like that."

Pinkie blinks sheepishly grinning "Yeeeah, I still need to work on that don't I? But I'm really excited about this!!" she then started bouncing in place as the small dragon, Spike, pokes his head around the frame of the door, trying to get a look inside.

Twilight clears her throat before speaking to Stiletto "I'm sorry to intrude on this meeting, but my friend here told me that an alicorn was here. And..." she took a quick look at Avery, narrows her eyes and then whispers to Spike about something, to where he salutes and jogs off somewhere. Twilight turns back to Stiletto and Avery "I can see that, it was true... another alicorn... Oh I'm terribly sorry, I'm Twilight Sparkle, newly crowned Princess and student of Princess Celestia. If I may, I would like to come inside to speak to the both of you. Recent events have stirred Ponyville, and hearing that there's another alicorn walking around is very interesting news. If I may have your permission to enter your home?"

Avery tilted his head to the new face. This was Twilight? He could see what Stiletto was talking about, with her titles that she was using, but she seemed rather nice right now. He remained silent, he had no word for Stiletto was to do, though he was a bit worried about her throwing Twilight out in spite of her being royalty. Meanwhile, Pinkie jumped behind the couch, and leaned against it, looking at both Avery and Stiletto, brightly smiling at Stiletto, subtly trying to keep her from doing anything rash.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What could Stiletto do other than shrug at Avery's questioning. Pinkie Pie was Pinkie Pie and even the greatest scientists in Equestria couldn't explain that enigma. "Like I said," she began, "I try not to thing about it. If there's any explanation it's that she's currently the barer of the Element of Laughter. It's one of the powerful components that make up the Elements of Harmony. So yeah, if it makes you feel better that's the explanation." The pegasus trailed off, thinking. If Pinkie Pie was going to bring over Twilight then that wouldn't be good. Royalty on the doorstep was never pleasant news for the pegasus mare.

Still, even Stiletto was shocked when the bright pink pony reappeared and appeared to divide into two and stuff herself into a duffel bag. Now that was just weird even for Pinkie Pie. Not only that, the earth pony had just barged into Stiletto's home once again. Not that she minded of course, but still, there were boundaries. In fact the abrupt slam made her jump, and she was annoyed at that more than anything else.

Worse, the pink pony had brought along one of her least favourite ponies of all time, Princess Twilight Sparkle. Her annoyance only increased, but it was hard to stay mad at the bubbly pink pony. Eventually Twilight was going to trump over here so it might as well be now. Besides, the Princess might be able to help. Might. She wasn't about to kick her out, that would upset Avery and Pinkie Pie after all and she'd rather not deprive Avery of a chance to talk to one of his own kind. Though she wasn't about to like it.

A sneer appeared on Stiletto's face as Twilight requested entry to her home. "Why of course your highness. Do come in." Her voice was laden with hostility and sarcasm, true loathing of the Princess' very presence. With a sigh though, the pegasus lost her sneer and settled with a frown. Now she just sounded fed up instead of sarcastic. Stiletto could definitely feel a look from both Avery and Pinkie Pie as she rudely addressed the Princess. "Look if this was anything else I'd tell you to get lost. Fact is though there's an alicorn with amnesia on my couch. So go ahead and come in for a chat or whatever." 

Stiletto shot Avery a quick look that said something along the lines of 'I told you so'. Although it could just have been a general exasperated look for some support.

Both Avery and Twilight were taken aback from the tone of Stiletto's voice. Avery knew that she didn't exactly like royalty, but with such harsh words, he was wondering why she hated them so much. Twilight gave Stiletto a few looks before walking in carefully, just from that alone she could tell that she wasn't welcome here, but the fact of the matter was that there was an alicorn here, possibly in need of help from what Stiletto said about amnesia. Sitting close to the coffee table, she noticed the medical kit on it, but decided to keep on the topic.

"I'm sorry if I'm doing anything wrong, however since you are an alicorn, we're going to have to see just who you are. Most alicorns are known at some point or another in Equestria, it could be possible that your records are somewhere. However... you look familiar, I've asked my assistant, Spike, to fetch a scroll that the Princess had given me when I was appointed Princess. Once he returns, I'm going to go over the scroll to see something. Now, where did you come from? I haven't seen you around Ponyville before, and even Pinkie hasn't, and she knows just about everpony in Ponyville." Twilight says, trying to be as informative as possible.

Pinkie was quick to say "He came out of the sky Twily! Like a hungry bat! Landed in the Everfree Forest!" she silently bounces across the back of the couch, her energy was still never ending.

Avery rubbed the back of his head "Well... that's what I've been hearing from everypony lately. I don't know why I would crash in the forest, but apparently I did. Stiletto here helped me get out of that forest, if she hadn't I could've been manticore food."

Twilight nodded, she knew that the Everfree forest was certainly a dangerous place and it was brave of Stiletto to go in to help this mysterious alicorn. "Well, that was extremely nice of her to do that. But I take it that you don't remember where you're from?" Avery quickly shook his head "Hmmm... that is a problem. But, they'll come out in time, I'm sure. If I may ask, what's your name?"

Avery then quickly introduced himself, and it was that moment that Twilight's eyes shrunk from shock as her ears folded down. Avery tilted his head in confusion at the reaction as did Pinkie, who copied his movement almost perfectly. It was here that Spike returns with a triumphant "Found it!" holding up a scroll wrapped in a purple ribbon. Twilight used her magic to grab it from Spike's claw and began to open it up rather quickly. Spike waddles over to group, seeing Twilight over react about something. He looked around, trying to figure out what was going on, but rolled his eyes thinking it wasn't anything important. Twilight in the meantime, was reading from the scroll, softly saying of what appears to be the general appearance of Avery. Pinkie looked at Stiletto and Avery, trying to figure out what was going on, but Avery was just as lost as anyone else.

Twilight did double takes on the scroll, then to Avery, shaking her head and then looking back to the scroll as if deep in thought. "No... it can't be... could it? There's no way..."

Avery decided to ask something so that he and the others weren't lost. "Uh... Princess Twilight..? What's going on? Is my name that shocking? I mean... it's not the most normal sounding name, sure, bu-"

He was interrupted by Twilight as she quickly looks up and says "Y-You're Avery?? The Lost Prince of Equestria that was kidnapped nearly seven hundred years ago?? You're him? The son of Princess Celestia??"

This suddenly information threw everyone in a quick vat of silence, soon to be broken by Avery saying without breath "What..? N-No that's not right! Haha, you must be crazy to believe I'm that! There's no way I'm roya-"

"Bright red hair, smokey grey coat, deep brown eyes, sharper horn, pointed ears, mare-like features around the face. No, you're Avery, the Lost Prince that was kidnapped from his mother, our Princess of the sun." Twilight spoke, interrupted yet again.

All of this information was quite the deal to take in all at once, for Pinkie she was equally as surprised and excited. Meeting the lost prince just like that today? Wow today must be her lucky day! Spike was a little bewildered about the whole thing, looking at Avery, then to Twilight to find out exactly what he missed while he was gone to cause this. Meanwhile, Avery was stuck in a state of disbelief, unable to answer anything for the next few minutes or so. Pinkie waves her hoof rapidly infront of Avery while he was dazed like this, giggling madly as she starts to poke him for fun.

Stiletto thought it best to go and get herself a drink of water from the kitchenette while Twilight interrogated Avery. Still, at least she knew she wasn't wanted in Stiletto's house. Of course, Stiletto was a free spirit and the monarchy represented everything that was against. They made the rules and the laws and Stiletto just had to follow them. Money and politics was all the same to her, just contrary to what life was about. The ponies were the guardians of the earth, they might as well have fun while doing it.

The pegasus rolled her eyes as she entered the kitchenette, hearing the Princess give orders and take charge. The role suited her, too well. Yep, she was definitely up herself alright. Stiletto spared a glance at the small dragon tottering after her every request. Poor guy. I mean how stuck up could you get to have to have a lackey go and get your mail for you. That was just lazy. Worse, the dragon didn't even get a thank you. Wow.

At any rate, Stiletto rejoined the group just as Twilight revealed Avery's identity. So, he was royalty after all. Celestia's son no less. The pegasus mare wasn't surprised but she wasn't going to hold it against him. He seemed like a nice guy after all. Besides, worst came to the worst then he would turn out to be some royal fusspot and she would get a reward for saving him from a manticore. Not that she was going to leave him to a manticore or that she wanted money, still it would be nice to have next month's rent paid for by the state. She gave them enough taxes after all. "Alright so let me get this straight," she began in a more polite tone than before. "I flew into the Everfree forest and found the lost son of Princess Celestia, who happens to be an alicorn Prince. Wow, this is an interesting day."

She glanced at Pinkie then Twilight for confirmation and once she had it, she continued. "Alright so let's say he is who you say he is, what now? I mean, he's in no shape to go to a family reunion. He has amnesia after all, to the extent where I had to tell him what Equestria was." Stiletto didn't wait for a response and turned to Avery instead and asked, "Hey are you alright? Now we know who you are, what did you want to do?" She was more concerned with that. Avery's decisions were his own and he shouldn't be forced into anything, not in his state. This certainly was an interesting day...

Looking back to Stiletto, Twilight learned that, not only did Avery have Amnesia, it wiped his memory to where he didn't know Equestria? It must be a powerful amnesia to go that far into memories. But, they had just found the lost son, Celestia had to know about this right away. But it was true, he was in no shape to be reunited with his family, he was still dirty from the crash earlier today. But now that the lost son was found, things were soon to change around here. Albeit subtly, he still has amnesia, he might not even know the rules and regulations of royal life, but that'll come at a different time soon enough.

Avery soon snapped out of his state of disbelief, and looked around with mixed emotions. Confusion, worry, happy, doubting, it was as if he wasn't sure what how to take this in. He was quiet for a moment before saying softly "I... I don't know. I still don't really believe that, but if it IS true then I... my mother was a princess all along? That... that just seems like a crazed story that a middle schooler would make up, that can't be right. There's no way I could be royalty... could there be? I don't know, just... I need to think." Avery remained quiet for most of the time now, looking downward in thought as he continued to sit on the couch.

Pinkie would crawl around to the other and hang her hooves around Stiletto and Twilight, bringing them in for a big hug "Ooooh! I can't believe we found Celestia's son!! I thought she would've had a daughter, but nope! Guess I was wrong! Oh! I still want to throw you a party! Maybe I can invite EVERYPONY! Ye-"

Twilight was quick to draw away from that idea by sternly saying "No! Pinkie, I know that you mean well, but right now. Avery's really hurt and is currently trying to take in what was told to him. Anything more would probably be bad for his health. Though, that brings up a good question. Avery, I will have to message the princess about your discovery, you are her son after all and she's been looking for you ever since you got kidnapped. For six hundred years by herself, I'm sure that both she and Princess Luna would be more than happy to see you alive and well."

Avery quickly shot up his head, but then put it back down softly saying again "Yeah... yeah, I just... could I rest up for at least today? A lot of things happened all at once, and really I can only take so much at once. I ju-"

"Of course, I'll be sure to ask her to wait while you rest up. You did... fall from the sky after all." Twilight says to try and keep things better.

Meanwhile, Spike was in between everyone, crossing his arms "So... Celestia had a son a long time ago? Man that's bizarre, that's up there with the 'whoa didn't see that coming' things that happened."

Twilight turned to Stiletto to say something "Stiletto, we're very grateful for your generous treatment to help him. I'm sure we'll find a way to reward you in due time, though you can tell us recommendations about what you would like as a reward. However, there are certain basics to go by, but so far just try not to go overboard. I'm sure he'll be fine here for now, if he wants to meet me, just send him to the library. I need to write that letter to Princess Celestia right away, farewell for now. Come on Spike!"

Twilight turned and jogged out of Stiletto's house, with Spike close behind after quickly saying "Right behind ya!". However, Pinkie felt bad about not being able to throw a party, but then popped back up, knowing just the thing to do instead! "Oh! Wait here! I'll be right back!" She then jumps behind the counter over in the kitchen area. And... she was gone from there, just poof, gone. Where she went? No one will ever know.

Stiletto nods solemnly at Avery's response. He needed time to work all of this out and that's what Stiletto intended to give him. Although, that required getting rid of Twilight. She knew the Princess was trying to be helpful but she had just likely made the situation a lot worse by dumping all of that on him when he'd just woke up in a strange land and met strange ponies. It would be enough to send anyone into an introverted break down. 

At the suggestion of a reward the pegasus just nods. She expected a reward, but not because she typically wanted one. "Well, this is exciting enough so I'd quite like to tag along and see what happens," she began with a shrug. "He's welcome to stay here with me as long as he likes. Still, I wouldn't object to you paying my rent next month or something. I'm not about to ask for a duchy so don't worry. If Avery wants to talk I'll send him your way." And with that Twilight departed with her serf trailing along after her.

Pinkie Pie seemed offput that she wouldn't be throwing a party, however she vanished into the kitchen. "Oh great," Stiletto commented after she was sure Pinkie Pie was gone. "Pinkie didn't get to throw a party. I'd best lock the doors. And maybe barricade the windows..." she trails off into a chuckle, then saw Avery was still downcast. 

"Ok so. That just happened," she started and shrugged. "Look I can understand if you don't want to talk about all that so we wont. Did you want something to eat or drink?" she asked, hoping to take his mind off of the fact he may very well be the heir to the Equestrian throne.

Avery wasn't sure what to do, he was told so many things, it difficult to process what to really think. He doesn't even know much about the land he's in, more or less know how to run a kingdom. That's just a bomb waiting to go off with mistakes to follow. Though the main fact was, that he was told that he was the son of the prime ruler of Equestria, which was so sudden and different he didn't even think it was real. But it was an extremely high probability, Stiletto did say that his kind were mostly found in Royalty. Accepting that was more difficult than not, he's been through so much that didn't need to be governed, or anything of that stature. He never thought of himself like that, it was such a different way of thinking for him. Another thing that was hitting his mind was about Stiletto, was she going to hate him as much as she hates the others?

He was snapped back to reality when Stiletto asked him something, almost not hearing it due to him thinking. "Huh? Oh... Uh, maybe? I am a little parch, maybe just a little glass of water or something? If you can, thanks." he stayed quiet for a few moments, before asking "Say Stiletto? Since you don't exactly like how royals are, does that count for me as well? I mean... I still don't think that I am, it's absolutely crazy that it would be the case but... you said yourself that alicorns were mostly found with royalty, so it may be like that or it may not, I'm just not sure. It's a lot thrown at me all at once, heh"

He did look a bit under the weather, but he was trying his best to keep his spirits up, albeit as best as when you're told that you're the child of an well known ruler of the land. He rubbed his eye with his hoof, yawning lightly. He seemed a bit tired, but also trying to fight it back to stay awake. He looks to and fro, as if trying to find something to discuss and get his mind out of the current pattern its stuck in. It was clear that he did not have the experience that a normal member of royalty would have.

It was all just as confusing for Stiletto as it was for Avery. If he was royalty then didn't that mean she should hate him? He would be making rules and keeping everypony from doing what they wanted to do. But here he was, lying dejected on her couch thanking her for her offer of a glass of water. Avery seemed different to the royals, that was for sure. He was polite and laid back, until Twilight had revealed his true identity of course. 

The pegasus mare didn't answer, and instead walked back to the kitchen to pour him a glass of water. She had to think about it for a moment which likely made Avery a bit tense about what she was going to say. What could she say? She wasn't going to hate him, Stiletto didn't feel that she could. After all, she was the first pony who he had met since he came back and she was in this for the ride. It didn't make sense to sully relations, besides, he'd been nothing but courteous. Unlike Twilight. No, she came back to the couch and offered him the glass of water. "Look, I don't know alright. You seem nice, so maybe you're the exception to the rule or something," she started. "You've just had a lot of crap dumped on you and I'm not about to add to it."

Stiletto only hoped that was reasonable. She was still getting good vibes from Avery after all, though he did seem worried and uncertain. Almost like a calm sea had all of a sudden turned into a raging storm, which was quite the difference to the empath. "Look," she confirmed. "As long as you don't let this whole prince thing get to your head just like Princess Twilight I'll be fine. Remember you're a pony just like the rest of us and you're not better just because you're some lost prince or whatever."

She only hoped that was enough to assuage him, even if her voice sounded annoyed from before. Maybe it would be best to talk about something else, or just to leave him alone with his thoughts so he could collect himself.

Avery listened to what Stiletto had to say, after using his magic to set the glass of water on the coffee table, nodding his head. Yeah, he's just a pony, but one that suddenly was told about his past and his soon to be occupation. It was difficult to really take in, perhaps it was best just to forget about it for a while, but trying to do that is like ignoring your boss on the largest work day. It was something that had to get used to, that's for certain.

"Yeah, I know. I never really thought that I would've been something this important though. I mean... There's going to be a lot of learning to be done. And it's going to be some getting used to. I wish I could forget about it, but I can't. It's going to come at me weither I like it or not, I mean... it's a role that needs to paid attention to, due to how much is needed to be done. I just hope I'll get the easy end and get to learn from somepony. ...Oh, uh, thanks for the drink, forgot to say that. I was lost in the middle of saying that, sorry." he said, perhaps thinking too much on the subject.

He took a drink from the glass of water and sighed, though he seemed to be letting off steam when he did that, a faint white smoke coming from him for just a moment. Putting it back on the table, there was a sound that emitted from the kitchen again. Looking over, the only thing that was there was a... plate of multicolored cupcakes. Along with a small note. Which read "Maaaade some cupcakes for you! I hope they're good! Come visit Sugar Cube Corner sometime! I'll always be happy to see friends there! :D -Pinkie"

Looking baffled at how they there, the alicorn used his magic to carry the plate over to the coffee table. He blankly stared at the cupcakes, haven't expected something like this. He picks two up with his magic, offering one to Stiletto. He didn't exactly know what to say, so he just shrugged about them being here now. He took a bite out of his cupcake, eyes going wide with sudden flavor. He then stuffed the whole thing in his mouth, where he happily ate it. He hasn't tasted something like this in forever, it was like heaven touched his head with delight.

"Wow!" he said afterward "These are really REALLY good! I don't think I've had anything like this before! Such a rich topping and fluffy bread, I could eat these all day!" his sudden switch of mood made it seem like he forgot about his troubles for the moment in time, like he was actually happy about the whole thing. Well, Pinkie does have that special way of making anyone happy. He would begin to think about that topic again, though not in the mood he was in before.

"Hmmm, I wonder if Twilight would help me with getting used to... Pffft, Idunno, being a prince I guess, heheh. Still don't believe it, still a crazy thought, but I guess it IS reality. Only a matter of time before I'm pushed into some suit or something, might as well try to be used to that fact though. Not gonna change who I am though, they need something crazier to do that heheh." he smiled at that, looking like his chipper self.

Stiletto gave Avery a smile as he says his piece, not to mention at the thank you. At least being told he was a prince hadn't ruined his manners. That was more than what she expected from royalty. Though the pegasus was confused. Sure, he was a prince, but he didn't have to do the job right? Not if he didn't want to. "Well, you could always decline and do something else. You shouldn't have your life dictated to you. I always say. Do what you like, harm none," she finishes that on a content note. That summed up her philosophy quite nicely.

That was when there was a poof from the kitchen and a tray of cupcakes appeared. Delivered from Pinkie Pie, they would undoubtedly prove to be delicious. Stiletto gave a curt thank you to Avery as he lifted them over and took the cupcake he offered. She bit into it gratefully, happy to have something to munch on. "Yuh, these are good," she said through a mouthful of cupcake. "Thanks, Pinkie," the pegasus said aloud. Doubtless the earth pony heard it somehow.

Stiletto shrugs at the suggestion that Twilight could teach Avery how to be a prince. She certainly had the snobbery down to a 't', but was that what Avery really wanted to learn? The pegasus didn't really care much for what the Princesses did. Though she had to admit it would take a lot of work to do their job. "Well, Twilight is just becoming a princess herself. But as I said, do you really want to be a prince? You just came out of the sky and have no memory. I think it's a bit quick to be deciding on what you want to do with your life." The pegasus makes a valid point in her own opinion. Did Avery really want to be a prince? Didn't he want to find out more about Equestria before trying to rule it? "I'm sure if they wanted you to rule Equestria they would give you all kinds of tutors. No need to go bounding off to Princess Prissyface just yet. I'd find your hooves first. There's a lot to see and a lot to discover," she said that with an air of wonder and desire.

After all, that's what she wanted to do. See all the fun places and experience life to the full. Surely an immortal Alicorn would appreciate spending a little time to smell the roses. "I could always tell you more about Equestria if you like," she offered. 

Avery thought about what Stiletto said, though it was good and valid points, there was still one thing that was over riding most factors. That one thing was the deciding point, even though there was much to be had with a free life, there was something that didn't exactly add up for there to be any connection. He shrugged and said "I don't know, she's the first 'princess' that I've met so I was just thinking on that. And I know that, I just have to live forward without many memories, sure it'll be a hassle in a wrestling match, but what's the point of trying to remember something that you've never heard before? As much as I try to remember, I don't even think I knew Equestria existed up until this point. Besides, if it is true that I'm the son of a very well known ruler of Equestria, ponies will start to expect me to do things like that of my mother. Like I said, it won't be too long before I'm pushed into a suit. As much as it seems so weird to me, if it's what I have to do, I at least have to know the basics, right?"

He continued "I mean, sure, there is a lot to see and such, but how much time would I have to actually explore it all? Just from Twilight's hasty exit, there seems to be a lot to be done just as a NEW princess. But then again, I don't know her very well. I just... I don't know, I would love to explore and have the chance to see what there is to see. But how can I be comfortable when ponies are going to be acting around me? That's just-that's not... Ugh, I think I'm going ahead of myself. Sorry, just those thought kinda put me in a ranty state." he hung his head down, clearly over thinking about everything about this.

He certainly seems that he would want to learn how to be as a prince, though his personality and the way he talks isn't up to standards. He seemed way too young and carefree to be really thinking about it, though that's just basic appearance, who knows how he works on the inside. He rubbed his head and replied to the offer. "Yeah... I would like to know more about this place. Especially when my supposed mother is actually the ruler of it. ...But where should we start anyway?"

He looked at Stiletto, waiting for what to do next. As it were, there wasn't much for him to do other than to explore outside. But being out there now might make things difficult with how his reputation is now.

Stiletto frowned at the idea that he would end up being expected to do things. In her mind she wouldn't expect anything from the son of Celestia, until he started to be a royal pain that was. Freedom was the thing everypony should have, even the members of royalty. So the idea that he would end up being forced to do things was repulsive. "Ponies shouldn't expect anything from you. You're just a pony like everypony else after all, you just happen to have a mother who is Princess of Equestria." Of course that was the kicker when it came to monarchy. Lines of succession were unfair to everypony in Equestria.

The pegasus took another bite of the cupcake, letting the sweet aroma fill her mouth for a few moments before saying again. "You have all the time in the world. Alicorn's are immortal. It's just me that has to rush everywhere to see everything. If I had all the time you have I would make sure to take my time on things." The pegasus chuckled, "It's ok to rant from time to time. But hey, you seem fun. We could always fly off and see Equestria. I have a list of the places I want to go, it's just money that is keeping me here." There's another shrug from the pegasus. "I wonder if you could ask your mother for a few bits to go travelling. She must have tons of money."

Stiletto trailed off a little before her head snapped back to attention. It was certainly a nice thought to have an alicorn travelling companion for a while. Avery seemed like he would be a really fun guy to be around while on a long haul. It could get lonely going from place to place and Stiletto had felt that pang more than once. Besides, it would be interesting to see what the long lost prince made of Equestria. 

"Ok, so. I'm not sure where to start either. I've told you about Ponyville and the Princesses. You know about the Everfree. But wait a second," she thought for a moment before an idea came into her head. "I seem to remember something about the old castle being on the maps of the Everfree Forest. It was the Princess' castle when they were younger. I was going to see if I could get there today or even tomorrow, when you showed up. That might be fun to see."

Avery shrugged at the thought, but it was true, he WAS just some ordinary pony that so happened to be the son of the princess of Equestria. Though those odds are extremely rare, still most everyone doesn't know about him yet, so it could work out. But then came a fact that he never knew about, the Alicorn lifespan. He did not know about that, it almost scared him. He then remembered that his mother and seemingly his aunt lived for nearly a thousand years, so it must something to get used to after a while. But still, that much of a lifespan is insane. Though it made him feel a little better, knowing that he would have some time to look around a bit.

Avery rolled his neck around, audible pops happening before stopping and sighing in relief. "Yeah, maybe... hopefully she'll let me go out to travel for a while, that'd be fun. I guess we'll have to wait and see when Twilight sends that letter? Probably going to be a while before it comes back, unless that... uh... it looked like a purple Komono dragon, unless that thing has like super speed or something." he laughed, thinking that a little creature like Spike could go that fast.

He then heard the idea of an old castle being in the Everfree Forest, now that would be interesting to see. It would give him a bit more history about the place and maybe an old home. Wait, no, Luna's jealous betrayal was before he was born right? Or was it something else. But still, seeing that would be amazing. Though he's still a bit hurt right now, perhaps another time, like she said either today or tomorrow.

He nodded his head "Yeah! That sounds like an adventure! Maybe in a few hours we could go see it? When I'm actually able to walk in a straight line? Hahaha. Maybe it will give me a chance to see what happened before here, this place seems so cool." he smiles as he took another drink of his water before setting it back down, steam yet again coming off him faintly, as if he was hot internally.

Stiletto sighed and took another piece of the cupcake. What? He had to get Princess Celestia's permission to have fun? That was certainly not in her DNA. Since when did a pony need permission to do something for themselves? That was something she was very against. Since when did ponies have to bow down to higher beings and ask permission to do something. The very idea was repellent. She wanted freedom, not restriction. The pegasus thought about expressing this but decided against it. If he wanted to pander to the Princesses she wasn't going to stop him. It was his life after all and she wasn't going to tell him how to live.

"Sure, we can go this afternoon if you're feeling up to it. Get some rest and maybe read a book or something," the pegasus gestured to a small bookshelf stuffed with some popular fiction. Not to mention there was a traveller's guide to Equestria and beyond, which Stiletto had used to mark the locations she wanted to visit and had visited. "I would say just get some bed rest, But up to you." She shrugged and finished off her cupcake. "I'll do some chores and head out to the market to get some food. I'm a little low on supplies and if you're going to be staying with me for a while I'll need some extra."

With that Stiletto asked if he needed anything else before fulfilling his requests, after which she went about her own business. The washing up needed doing, which is what she did first. The bathroom needed cleaning. An unpleasant job, but a necessary one. Then she went out shopping to buy her usual food list, as well as adding some extra items for her guest. The pegasus had no idea what he would like so just bought a little of everything.

Once that was done she returned home and made herself some lunch as well as offering to make Avery something. After that the pegasus went out again to give the alicorn a bit of space. She thought about picking up a book on Equestrian history, but that would mean talking to Twilight. While it was a possibility, probably something Avery best did himself. After all, it was unlikely the Princess wanted Stiletto around and Stiletto didn't really want to ask the Princess for help. Either way, she ended up spending most of the afternoon assisting the local weatherponies. They were usually willing to offer her work to anypony who showed up and while the work was dull it paid her bills. So with a few extra bits in her pocket she returned home to see how her alicorn was doing, eager for a bit of adventure. "Hey there," she called, hoping he was up.

Avery smiled and looked over to the bookshelf, tilting his head slightly, barely reading the titles on the spines. But then came her saying that he was going to stay here for a while, which caught him off guard, sure he needed a place to stay, but he wasn't just about to ask if he could bunk here. Though it seems inevitable, besides who else would let him stay for a while. He was about to say something about the statement, though decided against it, thinking that he'd be better off actually having somewhere to stay.

He didn't need anything else other than to rest, he thanked Stiletto anyway before she left to go shopping. Avery grabbed a book and started to get lost in it, when Stiletto returned, he put the book down and accepted the offer, that cupcake was good but it didn't fill. After eating, he watched Stiletto go out yet again, in which he looked around the home to see where he was going to be for a while.Though dust soon fell upon him, as he sneezed violently, knocking almost all of the dirt that was on him before off. He sniffed before trying to read his book again. Though he soon grew drowsy, laying his head down to rest. He rested for hours on end, having fell asleep. Though he had troubling dreams, soon waking up in a fright. He looked around, seeing that Stiletto hadn't returned yet before going back to sleep.

Then with the sudden call from Stiletto, he popped back awake, almost falling off the couch, lazily blinking his eyes as he tried to wake up. "...Oh...gosh... hey there. You back already..? I think I fell asleep reading something. Either that or my brain just shut off when I didn't notice. Let me just... wake up for a second..." he then got up, stretched his wings and body, and got off the couch. Well that rest certainly helped him up. Though he still looked drowsy, and possibly will be for a while. He yawned before saying "Alright... What's up? Are we going to the Everfree to... look for that castle? I think that's what we were doing... I had a weird dream when I slept, can't explain it. Though the one before... wasn't that pleasant, probably warning me of something. How would I know?" He certainly was loopy at the moment.

Stiletto looked over to Avery with concern. "Oh dear, sorry. Did I wake you?" she asked before closing the door behind her. 

The pegasus takes a few steps into the kitchen and opens one of the cupboards to find one saucepan in particular. Aforementioned saucepan was filled with bits. Her little piggybank of sorts, and she takes the meagre hooffull of bits and places them in along with the rest. It wasn't much, but it was good for less than an afternoon's work. Once that was done she looked over to Avery who seemed to still be blinking himself awake. 

She gave him a minute to get off the couch and wake up before responding to his question. "Yeah, if you're up for it. I was thinking of flying there just in case we run into anything. The canopy dies out before you get there so it'll be pretty easy to spot from the air. Besides, it's a ways into the forest." the pegasus gave him a concerning look. "You are up for this right?"

The Everfree forest was dangerous at best and Stiletto didn't want to put the alicorn in any un-nessesary risk. But still, like he said, it was an adventure. It would be fine, she was sure and he seemed to have a bit of cabin fever from being stuck in all day. Maybe it would be best to fly or walk to the castle, it might clear his head. 

Avery watched tiredly as Stiletto brought out a saucepan and filled it with bits that she had, clinking heard from the other bits that were inside. He shook his head awake, trying to get the sleepiness from his eyes. He then smiled "Of course I'm up for it! Other wise I wouldn't have asked to come along! I mean, come on! We're only wasting daylight standing here! Let's fly!"

He went over to the door and waited for Stiletto to follow, then opening it and stepping outside, he spread his rather large wings and instantly lifted off into the air with a powerful gust on the ground. He flew round and round, gliding for several seconds to exercise his wings. He had a bright smile on his face as he felt the wind rush by through his hair, twisting through the air as he perched on a rooftop. He certainly was a flyer. He looked around his location, seeing the many buildings of Ponyville on this one street. It was a small town, it felt peaceful.

"Man, it's been a while since I've flown like that, I need to do it more. Hey Stiletto! You're going to have to lead the way, I haven't a clue where anything is here haha!" he was certainly brighter to be outside than in. He then crouched down and took off from the rooftop again to follow Stiletto to the Everfree Forest, though looking around as he flew, taking in everything from above. Ponyville was a quiet town too, not much really happened, besides the joyous cries of Pinkie Pie down below throwing a party at someone's house somewhere. Through the rush of the wind, birds also passed them by as they would fly across the sky.

They were heading back towards the infamous Everfree Forest, a forest said to hold a whole different world, nothing like what's commonly found in Equestria. It was dark, and frightening to even enter, but within it all held its many many secrets. What is some of those secrets? One happens to be the lost castle of the Royal Sisters, said to be their first castle before Luna transformed into Nightmare Moon and began an eternal night. Others? They haven't exactly been found yet, many don't enter the forest due to the monsters and the dangerous terrain that the Everfree held. However, these two were going to see the lost castle, to perhaps discover something, or find something new to bring back. It was an adventure to be had, one that each would remember.

Though, Avery was curious about something. It's been on his mind ever since he woke up. "Hey Stiletto! How long have you been traveling? You seem to have quite the record of going places, just wondering about that since I saw that travel book with all the bookmarks. Caught my interest if you would say."

With quite a bit of eagerness the pegasus smiled at the alicorn. Oh good, this was going to be exciting. She'd finally get to see the castle of the two pony sisters. "Awesome, yeah let's go. I just have to grab a few things." As Avery headed outside Stiletto headed upstairs and grabbed her saddlebag before she stopped off at the bookshelf and added her traveller's guide to Equestria book to the mix. The bag contained a days food and drink along with some rope, a bedroll and a few other adventuring necessities.

Once that was done, Stiletto headed out the door and locked it. She unfurled her wings and sped off after the Alicorn. She was a little slower than Avery, but she still got that thrill and she darted up to the sky. Flying was without a doubt her favourite activity. There was nothing better and more free than having nothing but the wind and the sky. 

At any rate, she drifted towards where Avery had perched and called over in agreement. "Sure thing, I've read the maps so I can navigate my way there. Follow me." With that she flitted off towards the Everfree forest at a lazy pace.

Ponyville seemed quiet and peaceful from the air. Its many residents could be seen going about their daily business, and Stiletto could pick out exactly what they were all doing just from a look. Well, that was her empathy and training kicking in. Still, she found it humorous to know what everypony was up to. Part of the reason she loved what she did. Quite the stark contrast from the Everfree forest which looked quiet and menacing. The pegasus increased her altitude and angled herself in the direction of what she hoped would be the castle of the two sisters. 

Still, there didn't seem like there was much to do other than chat which was what Avery seemed to be willing to do. "Me?" she asked, a little confused at the question. "Well, I haven't really been many places. I spent most of my life in Cloudsdale, then I went south to the badlands and took a few jobs as a mercenary, then I came north again to Ponyville." She gave an awkward smile and admitted, "I'm not really well travelled. I want to though, but it's money and that's the problem." She also seemed embarrassed at the mention of the travel book. "You saw that huh. Well, it's like a diary. Record of places I want to go and a little anecdote of what happened if I got to a place. I haven't really been around as many places as I want to yet, but that book is sort of like my dream. To go everywhere in it's pages." She trailed off, a little embarrassed about it but still happy to share. Stiletto didn't have big dreams, but she would be the happiest mare in the world if she could finish that book.

Avery easily followed along side Stiletto, to keep an eye out for any strange happenings as she led him to the forbidden forest and the lost castle. And hearing the tales of his new friend was entertaining to say the least, Cloudsdale, the Badlands, new places he hasn't heard of before. He then chuckled at her reaction to him mentioning the travel book. It did seem like a lot was filled in, it was his first guess anyway, he never really looked that much into it. He then would go to a lazy glide as he relaxes his legs for the perhaps long flight there.

"Yeah, but that's still a lot more than what I've done. Albeit what I actually know, its still a lot. I haven't exactly read into that book either, I just saw a lot of bookmarks and labels in it,I just thought you went on a lot of journeys. It sounds like a lot of fun re-WHOA OKAY"Avery stated before getting blown out of the way by a large gust of wind from something that sped on by. It was too quick to see, but a trail left behind was of the rainbow which was outstanding to see.

Getting balanced again, which was more difficult than first glance, he looked at the rainbow trail for a moment, then looking around for Stiletto "Hey! You alright?!" he quickly flies over to her "Hey what was that? It was all, rainbowy and stuff. Never seen anything like that before." he mentioned and pointed to the fading rainbow trail. He took a look at it one last time before following Stiletto again to the forest. They should be getting closer, as the pointed leaves and sharp vines of the forest could be seen from afar. Avery continued his lazy glide until he needed to take more control of his flight to reach where they needed to go.

There was a small faint smoke stack coming from the forest itself, but to those that know the place,it was the hut of Zecora, but to a pony like Avery who's never been near here before, it looked like a fire. Which technically it was. He stopped in his tracks and pointed out the stack of smoke coming from the forest "Whoa! Hang on, that looks like a fire over there! We need to check that out!" And before any words would be spoken, he would begin to  head over to that location.

Yeah, Stiletto had to admit. When she said it like that it sort of sounded like she'd been quite a few places, but she hadn't nearly been to as many places as she wanted to go to. To have all of those places marked in her book and in her memory was her dream, and nothing was going to stop her from accomplishing that.

"Well yeah I- CRAP," she shouted as she quickly banked left to avoid the rainbow coloured projectile, speeding towards her at the speed of sound. Thankfully the pegasus was agile and she avoided the high speed rainbow with ease, though she ended up spinning a little from the disturbed air currents. "Hey, careful," she called, catching a glimpse of a pegasus in the rainbow trail. "Err, that was a pegasus I think," Stiletto called over to Avery. Naturally the mare didn't think too much of the other pegasus' flying ability if they nearly took out two other fliers and darn near sent her into a spin from the shock. "Yeah I haven't seen that before either. Err, what was I saying?"

Stiletto took a few moments to clear her head and correct her course. After all, she was the one navigating and she needed to stay on track. "Well yeah, I've gone a few places but I want to see everything Equestria has to offer. While I was growing up I thought about what life was like in other places in Equestria and I wanted to go see them. Unfortunately there's plenty of things to get in the way, all I want is some fun." She threw Avery a sultry smile. It was nice to share dreams once in a while. After all, the alicorn seemed to like the idea of travel. Maybe there would be room for him on more of her adventures. Who knew?

Before she could say anything else Avery got distracted by some smoke in the distance. Yep, that didn't look good. Still, she increased her speed to catch up with him. She called, "Hey, wait up." Then she continued with, "Yeah, let's make a fly over to make sure it's not a forest fire. That wouldn't be good if it was." Stiletto angled towards the smoke cloud, following the alicorn.

Flying over the leaves of the Everfree, the smoke stack was not that far off from the safe route of the forest. Making sure Stiletto caught up with him, they made to the small smoke stack, but to Avery's surprise it was not anything of a wild fire. No, in fact it was a very small clearing, that also held a hut. The smoke's source was coming from the hut itself, escaping through the top of its cone like roof. The hut was decorated with things such as twigs and other natural sources to have a foreign feel about it. As much as it relieved him that there wasn't any sort of fire going on, this still made him curious enough to investigate.

"What in the world is this?" he would say as he descends down into the small clearing, looking at the hut and its details. His wings still spread just to be ready to take off again if needed. He walked slowly over to the hut and looked through one of the small windows it held, though he didn't see anything inside. He then scratched his head and backed away, looking around at the hut a little longer. Why would there be smoke coming from inside here, when there's no one inside? Though he silently asked himself that, he was about to be answered. As he was looking at the hut, steps of broken sticks and crumbled leaves.

Avery turns his head to see a zebra approach the hut with bags on her side, he was almost shocked to see anyone here. When seeing the alicorn, however, the zebra stops in her place and blinks at the new faces. Avery folds his wings and looks at the zebra, who in turn looked at him up and down. She was surprised to see someone here, more so at the alicorn that's standing right infront of her.

Then speaking out "Do my eyes play tricks before me, or am I in the presence of royalty? With your wings and your horn, it seems surreal. But here you are infront of my hut, just as I was making a splendid meal."

Avery didn't exactly know what to say to the zebra before him, but it did make him see that, alicorns were among royal members only. Though with how she was speaking, she seemed to be like a shaman or even someone who deals with a lot of witchcraft. "Uh... I guess so? I mean, I don't consider myself Royalty, as that just seems like a crazy dream. But uh... you... live out here?"

The zebra nods "Yes, I am Zecora, and I can tell you have not been here before. Most ponies in Ponyville have seen me, and sometimes even keep score. But that was an ordeal in the past, all well and done. If you wish, you may join for some late lunch, and tell the tales you've both been on young ones." she smiles and waits for an answer. Avery wasn't too sure what to think about this, looking over at Stiletto to see what her response is before anything else happens.

The pegasus deigned to follow Avery to land down in the clearing. Yes, it definitely wasn't a forest fire. The smoke was coming from a chimney built into a wooden hut. The hut itself was decorated in what looked like primitive masks and spooky signs. The sight unnerved Stiletto but she wasn't put off entirely. This could be fun, but it could also be dangerous. If whoever lived here liked all of these creepy signs then they might be dangerous. Still, it could be fun.

Stiletto glanced around the clearing as Avery inspected the house more closely. "What is it?" she asked back, "It's somepony's house. Come on, I don't think they'd appreciate us snooping. It looks like the fire is under control so we should probably be going." It was reasonable to say, after all, all of the creepy masks made it look like whoever lived here didn't want company.

Too late. The pegasus whirls as she hears hoofsteps and a zebra appears from the undergrowth. Huh. So this is where the zebra lived. Stiletto had heard there was one living in Ponyville, but had never seen or met one. Still, she waited for the zebra to get over the shock of finding an alicorn at her doorstep and waited a little more for her to introduce herself before saying. "Yeah. I'm Stiletto and this is Avery. We were on our way to visit the Castle of the Two Pony Sisters when we saw smoke. Figured we should check it out just in case it was a forest fire." She paused, giving the Zebra a smile before beginning again. "I'm afraid we don't really have much in the way of tales, still, if you wanted us over I'm not going to object."

The pegasus shrugged and spared a glance over to her alicorn friend, "Avery?" she asked. After all, Stiletto wanted to know of the land the zebra came from. If she got a map, then she could go there. That would be really good. But still, she also wanted to go and see the castle. Hey, there was time right?

Avery didn't want to deny the request, but they did want to go to the castle. Avery thought about it for a moment, before deciding "I'm sure we have enough time to hang out, but we are trying to get to that castle."

Zecora smiled and simply said "Yes, but heading to that castle is still dangerous for even you. For it holds something dear, but you must first find a clue. Come, come inside so that I may show what it does hold. If you truly wish to go to the castle, that is certainly bold." with that, Zecora went and opened the door to her hut and walked inside. Avery looked over at Stiletto and shrugged before following the zebra into the hut.

It was certainly filled with strange masks, bottles, and other herbal decorations. Zecora was by a large pot of boiling water, where she was putting several ingredients from her bags into the pot. Letting it boil, she puts a large lid over it to let it heat. Noticing the two enter, she pointed to a small set of pillows on the floor next to the doorway. It was a small hut, so there wasn't much to exactly sit and relax. But taking the gesture, Avery went over to the pillows to sit down. Once everyone was seated, Zecora came over with a tray of steaming cups, which seemed to be some kind of tea. Setting it down, she sat down herself and started to speak.

"If you two wish to see the Sister's Castle, there is one thing to be aware of. If you idle there for too long, you may never again see the morning dove. Only stay for as long as you need, do not stay for the lore. Do either of you need anything else, before you wander Equestria's sky once more?" Zecora spoke as she slowly took a drink from her cup. Avery thought about something to say, though the first instinct wasn't there. He stayed quiet for a moment before something popped into his head.

"Say uh... Zecora, was it? Do you know anything about losing one's memory? I mean... I recently lost some of mine, but it would be nice to remember where exactly I came from." he said whilst rubbing the back of his head. Zecora looked to the alicorn for a moment before putting her steaming cup down.

"Ah, amnesia is very tricky to play, but I am not able to recover such talents, only in my dreams. However, the Princess of the Night knows how to enter those dreams, perhaps she can find out how to seal your broken seams." Zecora smiled, knowing fully well that she was no master of the mind, but knew of many secrets that Equestria holds. Avery blinks at this information, not exactly knowing that going to his supposed aunt would be an option. Then again, he doesn't know much about anything that goes on around Equestria yet. Using his magic, he lifted his cup and took a slow drink from it, sighing afterwards. It was good.

Stiletto nodded, a little enthusiastically at that. But still, the zebra invited them in so she decided it would be nice to get to know another new friend. With a shrug she followed Avery into the hut. 

It bore little contrast to the outside of the hut. The inside was wooden and decorated with the same creepy masks as outside. Still, knowing that this was the zebra's house did a lot to calm the pegasus. They must be relics from Zecora's homeland, or even her native custom. Stiletto took a few moments to admire them before joining Avery on the cushions. Still, she was confused. Why was it so bold to go to the castle? There was nothing there but dust and echos right? Certainly nothing supernatural. But hey, this was the Everfree. Maybe a big monster had moved into the castle ruin. 

Stiletto took the cup in a hoof and asked, "Thanks. But why do you keep saying the castle is dangerous. I mean, it's been abandoned for ages. It's just a ruin. Nothing dangerous about that right?" 

She took a sip of the tea, ahh yes, it was good. Nice and hot, with some sort of spicy taste the pegasus couldn't identify. Probably some sort of herbal tea that the zebra had cooked up. It was nice though. Stiletto almost wanted the recipe.

Still, the pegasus sat and listened as Avery asked about his memory. A bit of a strange question, but looking around Zecora clearly had a lot of remedies for all sorts of things. There were herbs all over the place after all. It troubled the pegasus at the mention of Princess 'everyone is ok that I betrayed Equestria' Luna. One Princess was enough for one day, and the pegasus gave an audible sigh. Though it would probably be inevitable that if she stuck around then she would end up meeting more royalty. Stiletto was just going to suck it up for the moment, for Avery's benefit. Though she wasn't going to pretend to like it.

Stiletto reached over and placed her hoof on his in a show of companionship. "Hey," she said, giving him a kindly smile. "It'll come back, don't worry."

Zecora responded to Stiletto's question "Yes, what you say is true, but what it holds is very hostile. Darkens your sky, in a bliss of stars, it might not be worth while."

Avery thought about what he's been told, only way to really know is to explore what he can before he can't. For right now they could explore what those ruins were and possibly discover something along the way. He smiled to Stiletto, showing that he at least appreciated her willing to cheer him up. To that he drank the rest of his tea and set it back down, bowing his head to Zecora he stated "Thank you for the warning and everything else, but we're at least going to see those ruins."

Zecora looked toward the two and nodded "If that is your wish, I am not to stop your journey. But come back soon, and I shall express great generosity. Head toward the cardinal star that leads the way, and you will find the castle ruins that will forever stay." she smiles as she takes another drink of her tea.

Avery bowed his head as a goodbye to Zecora, then saying to Stiletto "Alright! Let's get back on track! If we hurry, we might make it back in no time!" then heading out the door when Stiletto was ready to go. Getting back outside, Avery lifted off with a gust of wind once again, flapping his large wings to start again toward the castle of the royal sisters. Following Stiletto, he took the time to take in what was around him. It was the Everfree forest alright, dark and gloomy, with trace patterns of wildlife here and there, faint growls and other animal like noises came from the forest, as it was home to many of the creatures not found in Equestria itself.

Though, his mind was more on Zecora's warnings. She kept saying things that were in reference to the sky, that if they stay for too long it will darken? That's absurd, what kind of magic would do something like that? Maybe it's a warning to not be there when it gets dark? Perhaps... perhaps not. But what does it really mean? What does it hold in secret? Why do these questions make more questions?! STOP!

Archived