Out of the Sky (Private)

Zealot

Stiletto looked on as Avery went to talk to Princess Luna, staring out the window at the chariot. She still didn't like all of this royalty business. Luna seemed to hold herself in a manner that seemed quite irritating. It was high, superior, but that was a stark contrast from what her aura was broadcasting. Could it be that she was like Avery? That she was wearing the air of formality as a mask of her true feelings? Stiletto didn't know, she had yet to make up her mind about Princess Luna. From what she could tell she was nice and Luna seemed to like Avery. The pegasus chuckled as she saw Avery's reaction to the sudden hug by the alicorn Princess. Luna did indeed seem pleased to see Avery, and she felt that reflected in her aura. Unfortunately old habits die hard, and Stiletto couldn't help but feel a slight dislike towards the Princess of the Night.

Avery announced Princess Luna's arrival, to which Stiletto gave him a curt smile before looking up at the Princess of the Night.

Stiletto's initial thoughts seemed to gain prominence as she watched Luna survey her home. She could just tell that the Princess didn't approve, that she was surprised by how small it was. Surprised that there were no gold plated tops or velvet curtains, no it was very ordinary for the average pony. No doubt the posh pony was making all kinds of assertions, and that filled Stiletto's mind with angry thoughts. If Luna could read auras, Stiletto's would have been sharp and red with anger. How dare she look down on her. She was no Princess sure, but why should she expect more. It was all Stiletto needed to get by, and it should be all Luna needed. Right?

To Luna's greeting the pegasus simply replied, "Always nice to meet a Princess," with a slight edge of hostility. She kept herself polite though. Stiletto reasoned that Luna hadn't done anything yet to warrant such a reaction. She hadn't missed the Princess's slip though. The very idea of using such an archaic dialect irritated the pegasus. How stuck up did you have to be to refer to yourself in plural form? Did that mean Luna thought herself more pony than everypony else. Worth more? The idea disgusted Stiletto.

Seeing as how they were off to such a good start, Stiletto almost decided to order Luna back outside. Though again, she hadn't done anything to warrant such a response. Yet. The pegasus gestured over to the dining table, "We just sat down for dinner," she informed the Princess. "I don't know if you're hungry, or if you've already eaten. I have tea as well, if you want a drink," she shrugged and started to head back to the kitchen. "As for helping with Avery well, I was just doing what anypony would have done. Besides, he's interesting and I like an adventure." She smiled but it was quite forced, trying to brighten up her aura so she might at least get through meeting the Princess.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Avery sat down at the table as Luna greeted and thanked Stiletto, though his ears flopped over hearing the hostility from Stiletto's voice. He expected this though, her dislike of the royals still stood strong from her tone, it would possibly be a while before she would be used to them around. He just hopes that it won't come to worst, he doesn't know what to expect out of his new aunt. So he watched the situation carefully, making sure that there was nothing bad sparking between the two of them as they just spoke to one another.

In the meantime, Luna noticed the near hostile tone that Stiletto had given her, she was taken aback by such a response. Though as she listened to her invitation of eating, she simply closed her eyes and swayed a hoof "No need, Stiletto. ...I have ate back at the castle before coming, w- ...I did not want to disturb thou's time with such an offer. If I would say, however; it seems that old times barely fade. Thy force of speak reminds us of- ...I'm terribly sorry, I am still getting used to speaking normally like other ponies." she says as she stood still near the couch, with a rather disappointed face. Though her gaze wasn't to either Avery or Stiletto, but downwards, as if contemplating something.

This reaction was different than what Avery was expecting, he was curious about her choice of words. Old times barely fade? Speaking normally? It was strange to hear these words come out of somepony that was known throughout the land for seemingly thousands of years. After munching on another mouthful of salad, he asked "Um... What do you mean prin-... uh, auntie? Weren't you here for thousands of years before?" his ears twitched as he said this, making sure he would hear what she would have to say.

Luna lifted her head and looked at the other Alicorn in the household, looking almost baffled that he hasn't known about her past. But she takes a moment to steady herself and takes a breath to remind herself that he doesn't have the knowledge that the others have. "That is right. I was here before, but I have been absent for a thousand years because of a selfish deed that I dread to think about. Because of that, I was stuck in the past, where we- ...Pardon. I am still suffering from the past, thinking of the rules that were called back a thousand years ago. Those rules... do not apply to this Equestria, it is something to never bring to topic again. Because of those rules, we had... rebellions. These ponies hated our ways, and gave a tone that almost matched Ms. Stiletto's. However, they were far more cruel than thou. They were also a group of Chaos; followers of Discord during his mischievous reign." she had straightened her stance as she spoke, getting into a serious subject that was brought simply because of a question of curiosity.

Avery slowly ate his salad, listening in to the sudden story that Luna brought when he asked his question. It was quite interesting to hear what the past was like, and to hear someone else that he's never heard of before. Discord, that name doesn't sound familiar and it doesn't ring any bells that are with him. He was also questioning the 'mischievous reign' that she spoke about, meaning that there was someone else ruling this land before her and Celestia? It was highly curious, though Luna shook her head.

"But, that is not a great topic to discuss. Tell me, dost thou enjoy the company of little Avery? To be honest, we had not expected him to be so... young. From what my sister had told me, he would have grown at least twice his size by now, but he is no bigger than a normal pony. ...How old is thou, dear nephew?" Luna asks quizzically, giving him a rather worried look.

Avery blinks, not expecting to be asked anything, he quickly swallows what was in his mouth and responds "Huh? ...Well, last time I checked I was about twenty or so. But I keep hearing things like that I was over hundreds of years old... at first, I didn't believe it. But then you and... mother were involved. Well... I... don't honestly know." Luna looked at Avery for a moment, before taking a moment to pace herself to and fro, becoming deep in thought.

Once Luna had said she didn't want anything to eat Stiletto shrugged and returned to the table to eat. It didn't matter if there was a Princess in the room, Stiletto was hungry. No doubt Luna didn't want to talk to her anyway. Still, she was surprised to hear this talk of rebellion and Discord. Stiletto had yawned her way through history class, so had little knowledge of this. The idea that ponies had once risen up against the tyrants was interesting. If it were a thousand years ago, Stiletto may very well have been one of those rebels. That thought brought a smile to the corner of her eye. After all, it would likely depend on which side paid better, and which side was more interesting.

Probably the rebels.

Nevertheless, the pegasus ate her salad. She was surprised to find the Princess had picked up on her hostility, that didn't matter. After all, the Princess was here to see Avery. Not her. Still, Stiletto endeavoured to calm herself down a little. Sure, the Princess was judging her. Did Stiletto care? No. Even if it made her annoyed. Princess Luna could think whatever she wanted, just so long as she let Stiletto think whatever she wanted. The pegasus paused and at the mention of her tone of voice chuckled. "Nice to know we're on the same page," she remarked before going back to her salad. 

Stiletto listened to the conversation while she ate, ears twitching as Princess Luna seemed to ask her a question. That was quite unexpected, she'd thought she'd just be sidelined like the peasant she was. It was a good question she asked to Avery though. Just how old was he? Sure, he seemed young but if Luna said he should be taller... That was certainly a puzzle. Just another thing that made him interesting, though perhaps a vital clue that could be used later. Stiletto loved mysteries. 

She shrugged, and looked up after Avery had finished. She seemed more bemused now that hostile, clearly puzzled as to why Luna had asked her a question. "Umm, do I like Avery? Yeah sure, he's great. He's nice and laid back, my kind of pony really. I'm sure we'll be fast friends pretty soon." Her eyes darted to Avery for a moment as if asking for help then back to Luna. "Err, yeah. He's fun, Princess." The pegasus went back to her salad. 

Avery wasn't exactly sure what to say, he hadn't expected such a reaction from Luna with her pacing around like she was just from hearing his age. He watched as the night princess paced to and fro, uncertain as to what to say or even to ask with such a indifferent expression that she wore. Though, she stopped her pacing as she then nods before turning back to the table. "Yes... that will be crucial information for where to locate where thou was before. As for thou staying here... we are distraught about the idea." Luna says as she looks away with slight discomfort.

Avery nearly choked on his salad, which was surprising that he even managed that, looking to his aunt in slight disbelief. "Whoa! Hey! Now, I don't care if you're supposed to be my auntie, but Stiletto risked her life just to save me! Plus she offered for me to stay here with her! She's nice! Why do y-" he said, almost in a fiery anger before he was instantly hushed by the sudden burst of Luna's wings opening, eyes flashing white along with her overpowering voice.

"QUIET! We know that Ms Stiletto has done much for thy safety and housing, and we are very grateful that she was there when she was! But that still doesn't deride from the fact that she is an Aura Seer! The same types of ponies that took thou away when thou was just an infant! We are simply worried... if history would repeat itself. Tia thought she banished them after those events, but it seems that some remained in Equestria long enough to have Ms Stiletto walk among the others. ...Which is good to hear." Luna calmed during her argument, though grew sad. She lets out a sigh before closing her eyes

"We know that Ms Stiletto means well, and has no intention of doing what had been done in the past. ...We just wish that she doesn't peer too much into thy aura and doesn't do something she'll regret. ...I... I am sorry, truly I am. I am not trying to... We will see thou the next few moons." Luna says with disappointment reading in both her face and her aura. She was quite hurt, almost with herself now knowing that she possibly wasn't welcome here any longer. With a bright flash of light, Luna had disappeared from the house completely. That light caught the confused Avery off guard, him shielding his eyes from it. Though as it faded away, he looked right and left for the night princess, only for her not to be found anywhere.

"A-Auntie?! Where'd you go?! Hey! Come on! We... We just met!" he calls out, jumping from the table and hurriedly searching over the bottom floor of the house for Luna. With a growing worry and confusion, he continued before stopping in the middle of the floor, sitting down with his ears folded, thinking about the whole ordeal. What just happened? Why'd she leave so suddenly? Was it something he said to make her go away? Or something that had to do with him? Lost, confused, and worried, Avery just sat there unsure about what to do next. He wanted to ask her some other questions, though they were never brought up because of the topics that had been introduced and almost swatted away in an instant. He thought the meeting would go swimmingly like it did with his mother... but it didn't seem like that was the case, almost the complete opposite of what happened last time.

As she ate her salad Stiletto listened to Luna and Avery talk. She figured they were just getting to know each other, though her ears perked up when she said something about the idea of him staying here being repellent. That made her positively go red with fury, and her aura flashed dangerously. Of course, she couldn't quite contain her outrage at that and looked up to growl at the Princess. She was about to tell Luna exactly what she thought about the Princess' posh attitude, right when Avery leaped to her defence. Stiletto had to admit, she was surprised to find Avery so worked up by it. His aura flashed almost as brightly as hers, and that was quite heartening to feel that somepony was defending her. After all, anger always had direction and Stiletto wasn't its target. No, Avery was directing his outrage at Luna, so Stiletto was spared it's fiery wrath. She was still angry, though she had calmed a little to see she had backup.

Stiletto smiled at the praise she was being given and was preparing herself to join in, or to calm Avery down. She hadn't decided yet, that was when her heart very nearly leaped out of her chest as the Princess bellowed at them both to be quiet. The sudden command backed up by the Princess' threatening glowing eyes and extended wings made her feel quite fearful and her anger melted away to it. Like dumping water on a flame. What was about to happen she didn't know, all she knew is the Princess looked angry. The pegasus knew Luna wasn't angry though, she felt sad. 

Despite the command, Stiletto could read Luna's true intentions, so stood her ground as she listened to Luna's response. 

What was she talking about though? Aura Seer? What was that? Was the Princess objecting to the fact that she was an empath? Granted Celestia had reacted badly to it, but she had calmed down after Stiletto had assured her that she meant no harm. Still, these Aura Seers had taken Avery away when he was an infant? This was news to Stiletto and would probably explain why Celestia had reacted the way she had, but Stiletto didn't know anything about Aura Seers. It seemed unfair to her that she was being judged on that, just as most ponies judged her on her empathy. That just made her angry again. 

Once the Princess had finished Stiletto tore into her, not caring how sad her aura was or regretful her expression. "Look, I don't know what an Aura Seer is but I'm an empath. If that's what you're talking about well it's not like I can control it, I didn't choose to be an empath and I'm not going to hurt Avery. Hey, where are you going? Ahh..." she gritted her teeth and turned away as a bright flash of light signalled the exit of Princess Luna.

The pegasus swore under her breath and marched over to where Luna had been standing. "I wasn't done," she exclaimed. "Teleport away while I was giving my counter, that's just plain rude." Stiletto stalked back to the table, waving her hoof in the air in disgust. Suddenly not hungry she stalked back and turned to Avery, still sounding quite angry. "What's Celestia's and Luna's problem? What's an Aura Seer? Why is that me?" 

While Stiletto glared at Avery and demanded an answer she wasn't really angry at Luna, or at Avery. She was just irritated because there seemed to be some sort of problem with her, and she had no idea what it was or why? It had to do with her empathy though, didn't it? It had always been a hindrance as much as a help. Maybe she should have just kept her mouth shut, or better yet left Avery to meet the Princesses by himself. Why did she think it would be a good idea? She really didn't want to cause problems for him after all. Her eyes softened and she sighed, folding her wings back and looking down dejectedly. "I'm sorry," she apologised. "It's just, what in Equestria did I do? Huh?"

Avery lowered his head as he hears Stiletto's anger being pushed out like it was when Luna had disappeared, not being prone to this kind of harshness from her before. He wasn't sure what to respond with Stiletto fiercely asking him questions that he does not even know what the answer to them are. He wasn't too sure what an Aura Seer was either, all he knows about anything like that is that Stiletto can see emotions from other ponies, more or less feel them. But, sitting here, he wasn't sure about how to take in what had happened. He wanted to talk to his aunt about the stuff that she'd experienced, but something just made her leave for some reason. Why was that? Did she feel that Stiletto would grow angry about that and didn't want to see that? Or what? What is it that made her go away?

Though, hearing her again, he shook his head "You did nothing wrong at all, you helped me try to be comfortable around this place. I have no idea what happened in the past, or what matter it has now, but I think they're scared that it might happen again. If... what L-... Auntie said was true, then I was only in Equestria for so long. But why? What did I do? I was only a baby... what could've I had done?" He hangs his head as he stands up again, then lifting it back up to walk over to Stiletto, putting a hoof on her shoulder "What I do know, is that you've done nothing wrong. I just think that... maybe they're just over-protective right now. Maybe somepony with an ability like yours saw something weird at the time. Heck, I bet baby's auras are malformed and don't have a proper shape yet. But you're not that, you're a good pony, and nothing's gonna change that from my mind. I just wish Auntie didn't leave suddenly like that... I wanted to talk to her more."

He says as he sighs, knowing that it'll be a while before he'll be able to talk to them again. It still felt strange to call them family, but if it is true... then why should he ignore such a fact? He lets out a big yawn before stumbling to stand "Okay... getting slightly tired. But just know that for me, okay? You've done nothing wrong, I'm glad to know a pony like you. Always good to have somepony to help you if you're down or angry, cause I'll be honest... I didn't like the fact that Auntie didn't like me staying here. Again, maybe she's being over-protective or something, but that really didn't make me happy. ...You probably felt that though hahaha."

Stiletto felt quite bad about shouting at Avery like that. He'd been defending her after all, and she shouldn't have snapped at him like that. It felt better to hear him say that he was comfortable, that she'd done nothing wrong. The pegasus smiled at him in response, and was grateful for the friendly arm on her shoulder. It was a nice gesture of support and she appreciated it. He was right, maybe the Princess' were just being overprotective, and they didn't want some outsider around. It didn't help matters that Luna had just suddenly left. Stiletto wanted to know what an aura seer was now, since apparently that's what she was and that was a problem. Maybe Princess Twilight would have a history book on the subject, or maybe one of her friends knew something. After all, Stiletto knew one of Princess Celestia's honour guard. Or at least, ex-honour guard. Maybe she knew something, doubtful, but Stiletto felt that her support would be nice. Perhaps she should visit her soon.

"Thank you," Stiletto responded in a meek voice, trying to convey her gratitude. "That means a lot. I know I can be rash and a bit bull headed at times, and I know I have nothing good to say about the Princesses. Your family, whatever. Still, I'd never try to hurt you or take you away from them Avery. You're my friend, I like you. Sure we've only know each other for a few days, but it's been a really good few days. Shame it had to end on a low, huh? I mean, aura seers like me? Empaths? I thought I was the only empath in Equestria. But if empaths took you away when you were little, then I guess they have good cause to be suspicious. But please, Avery, I don't know anything about that."

The empath smiled at him again and chuckled at the mention that he'd been angry. It was true, Avery was still angry. They both were, she could feel it still. Almost like the warm heat of a fire, shielding her from the Princess' cold assumptions. "Yeah, you did get pretty angry there," she said with a chuckle. "You still are. If you want I can calm you down with my empathy. To be honest I think I could use the focus as well."

Still, it had been a long day. Going to get a tablet, visits from two members of royalty, going to sugar cube corner. Stiletto didn't realise how tired she was as well. They still needed to set up Avery's air bed. She was done for dinner though, even if she'd only eaten half her salad. Stiletto wasn't hungry now that Luna had basically called her a risk to her friend's safety. Nevertheless, she'd have to box it up and store it for breakfast tomorrow.

Avery shrugged at the thought of there being other empaths like Stiletto, never really putting a thought that she might be the only other one he'd meet. Still, it was nice to hear that he's considered a friend now, thinking that he would be zoned for so long. Having a friend like Stiletto is certainly an interesting experience, knowing that she could feel his emotions almost at all times might be helpful in the future. But also knowing that, he'd have to be careful about what he needs to keep secret if has to, making it a fun little challenge to put up to test later. He didn't know what to expect from her, but she has an idea of what to expect from him by seeing his emotions, it was an interesting match-up.

Though he smiles as she thanks him, he was just trying to return the favor for helping him back in the Everfree Forest. It'd be different when he has to go to Canterlot to catch up with his unexpected family, though give it time and it'll be grand. Though he thought about Stiletto's offer about calming him down, he hasn't exactly felt it be used on him, though if he could feel anything like that he would be an empath too, and he certainly wasn't one. But it would be interesting to find out what it would actually do to him, and besides, him being too angry isn't that well of a plan, he needs to calm down. "Yeah... I think that would help. I mean, I just can't believe she did that, it's not fair to you." he sighs, rubbing his eye.

Yes, he was visibly getting tired right about now. Though, they haven't set up the air mattress for him yet, the would have to get that done soonish. Though as he thought about that little effort, he thought about the one thing that they brought to the house: the tablet of stone. He hasn't gotten a close look on it, but to him it looked like some sort of runic sentences, like the ones found that date way before the founding of Equestria. He wasn't sure what it was, but the fact that it repelled his magic was interesting, like it didn't want to be held by him somehow. Usually he has no trouble trying to pick objects like that up, but the fact that it's trying to make itself heavier than normal to him was strange.

"Hey... maybe while we get that... air mattress thing set up, you want to check out that stone tablet? I wa-wa-" he yawns "...Want to get a closer look at it. Since, you know, we got it and everything..." he says drowsily. Yeah, that would be a good send off for the night, won't it? Perhaps... Maybe not. Who knows? But he is curious about it.

Stiletto nodded in recognition as Avery accepted her offer to calm him down with her powers. It was nice to hear that he trusted her enough to let her use her empathy on him. Given what Avery has just heard about empaths as well. She smiled, and prepared herself to calm him down. For this, she would have to be calm herself, so she started to let go of her anger and steady herself. Still, it was nice to hear that he supported her through this. She really had no intention to hurt her friend, and these Aura Seers were just a name to her. She'd like to know who they were, or rather are. After all, maybe they could answer questions about her ability. Maybe she could get better with it, and that was an exciting prospect. Still, if what the Princesses said was true then she didn't want to know.

Avery suggested checking out the stone tablet, or setting up the air mattress. They needed to set that up, and Stiletto was curious to see what they had found. He seemed tired though, so maybe checking out the tablet was best left until tomorrow. But Stiletto had work tomorrow, and she wanted to inspect it as well. They'd have to set up the air mattress first, then they could take a look at the tablet. 

Still, Stiletto had steadied herself and was ready to calm the alicorn. She reached out with her aura and wrapped his around her power, kneading out the tension and rough points of his emotional stress and soothing the inflamed aura. Stiletto put her hoof to his muzzle and whispered, "Shh," to get his attention. "That doesn't matter right now," she said. Her voice dropped to a calm and focused tone, sounding very relaxed and almost hypnotic. She endeavoured to make the all important eye contact, which was easy considering how close they were. She stared directly into his gaze and assured him, "Everything is going to be just fine. Just look into my eyes Avery, my beautiful, warm, blue, comforting eyes. Just look into my eyes, and listen to the softness of my voice." 

She gave him a reassuring smile as her power got to work, kneading out the tension. If she had his attention, it would probably feel like a weight lifting from his mind. Almost as if he was carrying something he didn't know he had. Still, she kept reciting. "It will all work out, just focus on my eyes. Everything will be just fine. It doesn't matter what Celestia and Luna think or do. Everything is ok." Her words gave her power it's strength and attempted to clear his mind of all the nasty bitter emotion, instead filling it with clear and pure thoughts. As thorough as she was, Stiletto stayed well clear of the centre of Avery's aura. She didn't even want to go near that dark place. The empath kept her distance.

Still, she could go one better for her friend and when he was calm she started working on a new task. Her voice still sounding hypnotic, and while her tone was calming and relaxing the actual effects were not hypnotic. The alicorn was still very much aware, and he could listen to her or not, as was his choice. Though she kept working on his aura, trying to make him calm, but now she was trying to do one better, make him happy. "Avery, listen to me. Listen to my voice, and focus on my eyes. Everything is alright. The world is bright and joyful. Think of songbirds, and furry critters. Think of sweets, and Pinkie Pie's laugh. Everything is amazing." Her words seemed powerful once more and her aura washed over his, kneading and giving it power. A happy, contented feeling should fill his chest, and the effect of his words should feel like having a massage. Once she felt he was happy, calm and content she broke eye contact and withdrew her aura.

Stiletto took a step back and sighed, feeling happy and content herself. She smiled up at him, "Feeling better now?" she asked. Though in truth she already knew he would feel better from her using her power, it felt nice to ask though. "Umm, yeah what were you saying? We should probably set up the air mattress, then we can take a look at that tablet. I'm sure it won't take a moment, we just need to decide where to put it. Upstairs in my room? There's plenty of space for it there."

Avery blinks as Stiletto started something, though about to say something, he was quickly hushed by a sudden hoof to his muzzle. He backed his head away as that happened, looking down at his muzzle, confused as to why she did that. He quickly raised an eyebrow as she said that it didn't matter, though noticing her tone of voice had changed quite drastically, he looked around at Stiletto, trying especially hard to attempt to see like she did. But his attempts ended in failure, as always, though as he was looking at her, he felt a different vibe coming off of her completely. He turned his head slightly, hearing Stiletto talk as she looked at him, he couldn't help but to look at her eyes as she said those words.

It was certainly a new kind of experience, looking at her as his burning anger calmed just as much as her voice, almost as if he felt the need to just calm down. He certainly felt the effects as his mind cleared of drowning thoughts, breathing in new ideas of calming space. He closed his eyes for a moment, feeling far more relaxed than before, then opening them back up to see what else Stiletto had in store. As she then spoke to him again, he tilted his head as he heard her say the same beginning once more, saying uplifting things that confused him at first. Though he felt warm inside, as if being comforted by a fire that didn't burn. He chuckled at the thought of it, knowing fully that those thoughts did bring happy ideas, making him smile.

It was strange, Avery almost felt as if though he was just being influenced by Stiletto's aura, then that hit him like a rock. She was just influencing his emotions, for the better as he was certainly more happy than before. He heard Stiletto one last time before he realized that he'd gotten lost in thought, almost thinking too much about how Stiletto's ability worked. He shook his head, smiling all the while "Yeah, tons better. Almost feel as if I wasn't angry at all! Oh! Yeah, I was just asking if we should put that up, then maybe check out that stone tablet. And... maybe? I mean, just so long as you have enough room for me up there, wouldn't want to accidentally roll off and onto something important. ...Or into your bed, but that shouldn't happen... I'm usually good with staying in my own bed! Though there was that one time I sleepwalked somewhere... can't remember where though, but it was somewhere!"

He looked around for the bag that held the air mattress in it, though he forgot where Stiletto put it, making him look around in slight confusion. Though, still with a smile on his face, he certainly wasn't going to be let down for a long time. His attention was brought onto the stretcher that still held the stone tablet, which brought some of the questions he asked back into mind, but he brushed it away before trying to see where that bag was put. Though Avery blinks before saying "Oh yeah, that little thing you did to me with your empathy... that how you say it? It actually felt that I was just being influenced, like you explained before. It felt... weird at first, because I didn't really know what to expect. But it was a fine experience that I'll have to share sometime, heheh."

Stiletto smiled when he said he felt better. Knowing that she'd been successful, she couldn't help but feel happy herself. After all, him being happy made her happy. The effect was cumulative for the empath and it was nice to share in his joys. "Good to hear," she said, taking a look around for her saddlebag. She listened to Avery as he said it would be fine putting the air mattress in her room, which was probably for the best seeing as how there was no room for it down here. Or at least, nowhere comfortable. Though she chuckled at the prospect of rolling over one morning to find Avery had sleepwalked into her bed. That would be quite the shock. "Well, I think I've made it clear I don't mind sharing a bed Avery. Though I think I'd be pretty surprised to suddenly find you in it," she chuckled again at that as she recovered her saddlebag.

With the air-mattress secured, she walked past Avery and to the nearby under-stairs cupboard. Stiletto spent a few moments searching it while Avery talked about what he'd just experienced. She'd hardly call it a little thing, though she guessed she might be able to do more. She'd never really tried it. "Well, I expect it would be a weird feeling to be influenced by an empath. I've only ever experienced the influencing, and I haven't done much of it. I mostly do the reading of emotions and intent, since I can't really turn that off. I do sometimes wonder if I could do more, or even... hmm," she trailed off as her mind drifted to whatever uses her empathy could be. Maybe she could even use it to transfer experience, or even draw feeling from another pony. She didn't know and it would be unlikely for Stiletto to find out any time soon.

After a few moments, Stiletto produced a small bellows with a victorious 'aha'. She then proceeded to make her way upstairs. "Okay, grab your blanket, let's go get this set up." Stiletto's house was small and there was only one room upstairs, and that was Stiletto's bedroom. A large, soft and luxurious double bed sat in the centre of the room with a window on the right and a door to a closet on the left. There was plenty of room on each side of the bed for a pony to move around in, and at each end there was a bedside cabinet. There was a good couple of meters of empty space between the top of the stairs and the bed, and that's where Stiletto intended to put the air mattress. At the foot of her own bed. 

The pegasus gestured to the closet, "Take a look in the top of there for some spare sheets and a few pillows while I get this unpacked." To which she started to unpack the plastic packaging of the air-mattress in her saddlebag. 

Listening to Stiletto as she responded to Avery's random sleepwalking, to which he shrugged at the thought. He already gave his opinion on what that matters to him, and he doesn't want to go too deep into that conversation, so he just chuckles it away. Though the simple fact that she was still willing to share her bed made him feel as if this wasn't a good cause, but he has a code to live by. The question was: what was that code exactly? He remembers that he needs to be strict about many things, those not so clear and those that are as clear as the wind, but what is this style that he needs to follow so closely? It's all a mystery, it's starting to confuse even him. But he shook off the feeling, there were better matter to go through.

As Avery listened to Stiletto telling him about how she's only experienced the influencing of auras, not being influenced like he has. He tilts his head as he thinks about how to explain what he felt, though it was difficult to put into words. A sense of happiness that just suddenly filled him when she was helping him calm down, how do you explain that without going overboard? It was certainly a mind bender for him, but as he tries to think of something to say, he was snapped back by the victorious 'aha' from Stiletto as she finds a small bellows. He nods to her as he uses his magic to levitate the blanket that he had from last night off the couch and lays it across his back before following Stiletto upstairs.

Walking up the stairs, he realized just how small Stiletto's house was, with the space downstairs he expected at least two rooms upstairs. But no, he was mistaken, it was just a single room with a large double bed sitting in the center against a wall. The moon light shined through the window to the right of the bed, giving some simple beauty to the room. The room itself was... simple, it was only the bed and a closet to the left, nothing else was worth noting besides the bedside cabinets on either side of the large bed. Avery looked at the simple room, taking in anything important to note and mesmerizing how big the room was for later reference.

He saw Stiletto gesture to the closet and nods to her, thinking it would be good to actually have a pillow to sleep on. Walking over to the closet, he opens up the door to see random assortments of clothing inside. This was a rental home after all, there must've been at least something from the previous owner if there ever was one. He leans his head back to see at the top of the closet, trying to find the sheets and pillows for him to use. It was dark, but he barely could make the outline of a stacked sheet and pillow in the back of the closet. Using his magic again, he attempts to bring those outlines closer to make sure that they were indeed what he needed.

Sure enough, when the light shined on them, it was some folded sheets stacked on top of a pillow! Giving a soft 'okay' he pulled the sheets out of the dark closet and hovered it to the bed. However, as he did so, a small metal box flew out from the folds of the sheets and landed on Avery's head with a clank! He reacts sharply as he rears his head backwards, soon bringing it down and covering his head with his hoof, letting out pained breaths. "Ow! Ow! What in the world? Oooooow, that really stings! Bleh!" he says as he shakes off the pain and looks to the small box, now on the floor gleaming in the moonlight. Avery tilts his head as he picks it up with his magic, studying it to see what might be inside. It was a simple metal tin, a lock placed on the front keeping whatever is inside a secret. "...Hey Stiletto, is this yours? I think it fell out of the sheets, either that or fell from the ceiling and on my head somehow." he says the last bit sarcastically. The previous meetings with Pinkie Pie may have stiffened his beliefs on what may or may not randomly appear.

Stiletto busied herself with unpacking the air-mattress while Avery rooted around in the closet. The pegasus lifted her head as she remembered what was in there. Mostly her clothes, and a few bits and pieces from the previous occupant. Nothing major, though there was her collection of fashion magazines in there as well. She didn't like to admit it, but she quite liked dresses and attire in general. She found it to be very expressive of the pony within and she quite liked the idea of that. Nevertheless, she was quite embarrassed to have them and didn't really want Avery to find them. Still, if she remembered right they were in the bottom of the closet, not the top. Besides there weren't many, she only bought them when there was a dress she liked on the front.

The pegasus laid out the air mattress at the foot of her own bed and found the air hole. She attached the bellows to the hole and started to fill the mattress with air, pumping the bellows up and down. It was laborious work, so it was always good to have company while she did it. 

Avery seemed to do well with the sheets, hovering them over to her own bed. Next he'd need to sort out the pillow casings and the sheet covers, but he could easily handle that while Stiletto worked the bellows. She focused on pushing the bellows up and down, looking away from Avery. Stiletto jumped when she heard a loud crash and Avery cry out in pain. The pegasus' wings shot out of her sides and she span around. "Oh umm, they're not mine. I'm holding them for a friend..." she started, then realised he hadn't exclaimed about her magazines. Her blush faded instantly at the sight of the peculiar box.

Stiletto flapped her wings and hovered over to join Avery by the box. She took a good long look before frowning and shaking her head. "Umm, no, I've never seen that box before. Strange. You got a key, or a lock pick spell? I mean, I have some bolt cutters downstairs to crack that lock open, but that might make a mess." She scratches her head, trying to think of where she'd seen the box before. She hadn't though, it had quite literally appeared out of nowhere. "Sorry Avery, it ain't mine. Though I'm kinda curious as to what it's doing in my spare bedsheets, so I sort of want to know what's in it."

Avery took a moment to look at the box for a while longer, its sleek surface reflecting all around it. The hinges seemed to be interior designed, as it did not show on the exterior of the box, giving it more of a difficulty of opening it for those without the proper tools. The lock itself was flat against the cube, almost like it was painted on as decoration, however no matter how he pulled on the box, it would not open normally. Avery sighs before giving up on it, setting it down on Stilettos bed for safe keeping.

He walks over to the closet again, looking at the top of the shelf to look for anything else that might have been important for making his bed a real bed. Though, as he looked, he didn't see anything familiar until he caught sight of something flashing in the back of the shelf. He tilts his head as he stares at the object, before his magic catches a hold of it and drags it out. It was a small keyhole shaped metal piece, a sleek surface like the box with an offset of writing on one of the sides.

"Lullay moon princess, the time has come to sleep." he mutters out loud before looking at the box on Stiletto's bed.

He lifts up his head to look back into the closet, catching a brief glimpse of a sheet. Realizing what it was, he grabs the pillow sheet and lays it with the other sheets as Stiletto. Now with all the sheets and blankets together, he just needed to wait for Stiletto to finish the bed itself. However, his mind was now on the strange keyhole shaped piece of metal, and the sleek box. He hovers them both into the air, putting the lock on the box near the keyhole shaped piece, then putting both of them together as they fit perfectly. There was a moment of silence, before the box started to emit a sound of something turning a spring lock.

Avery blinks before setting it down on the bed, still whirring in place. "H-Hey Stiletto!" he stammered, wondering what the box is going to do "the box... it's doing something! I found this key like piece and put it together!"

Before long, the box stopped whirring, there was a long silence after. Then, a song began to play as the box slowly began to spread apart and fold out onto Stiletto's bed. The inside was beautifully decorated, filled with pictures of what seemed to be the story of the banishment of Nightmare Moon. The song played out, and the pictures of ponies inside of the box began to rise from its source and danced around, happily in the sun and sleeping at night, until Nightmare Moon came into play. A white light was present as the pictured Nightmare Moon stood tall above all of the other panicked ponies, a grin wide as the oceans present on her face, with teeth sharp as swords. However, another came from the box, it was Celestia with several gems around her. The motions were stiff, as they were pictures from a fairytale book, but they portrayed Celestia shooting a rainbow aura at Nightmare Moon, as the pony of eternal night traveled to the white light, and the image of a pony reflected off of the light. It then was slowly pulled down from the air, as another was put in its place, a bright and happy yellow light as the Celestia picture stood proud with tears swelling in her eyes, the ponies below returned to their happy dance in the light. The song then ended, as the lifelike pop-up book came to an end as well, folding up back into the sleek box it was before. As it returned to its form, the keyhole piece pops out and the box was silent once more.

Avery was confused about what had just happened, the box itself was a makeshift play? Or was it something that would be foreseen in the future? Those questions rambled through his head, as he doesn't know what truly has happened. He then asked "...What was that? It... looked like some sort of play, or a warning about something. I... don't exactly know what that was about. Do you know Stiletto?"

Stiletto watched for a few moments as Avery tried to open the box. She would have suggested smashing it, though that might have damaged whatever was inside and bolt-cutters would be useless against the flat lock. Well, that was irritating. It was a box they couldn't open that they'd never seen before. Stiletto racked her brain, trying to think if she'd seen the box before but had simply forgotten about it, though nothing came to mind. It was just a box to her and any explanation as to its appearance escaped her. 

As Avery walks back to the closet Stiletto looks at the box laying on her bed. Her wings slowly folded back as her surprise faded. Still she couldn't think of anything she could do right then, it was an inexplicable box. Avery however found a solution in the form of a small metal key. Strange that they would come packed together, the pegasus almost expected that they would have a late night treasure hunt for a way into the box. A key was good though, they could find out what was contained inside. Maybe treasure? Or some answer to their problems? Or just some of Stiletto's old junk that she'd forgotten about. 

Stiletto chuckled as Avery called her over, not noticing that she was standing right next to him. Maybe he was intent on what he was doing, it didn't matter. "Yeah, yeah, I see," she said as the box opened. The pegasus braced herself for whatever might happen. After all, it could have been something dangerous. It wasn't, and she quickly relaxed and sat down to watch the show. 

It appeared to be a retelling of the great Celestia-Luna rift from a thousand years ago. It was an enjoyable retelling, even if it was just a music box, and reminded Stiletto of a music box she'd had when she was a foal. What was a music box retelling that story doing here? How had it got in her sheets? 

Those questions could wait though, as apparently Avery didn't know what he'd just witnessed. Stiletto was initially surprised, though she remembered quickly that Avery didn't know the story. He'd been kidnapped at the time after all. "It's a retelling of Princess Luna's great betrayal of Princess Celestia," Stiletto began. She turned to the lost prince to explain. "The story goes. A thousand years ago everything was peaceful. Princess Celestia ruled the day and Princess Luna presided over the night, they shared their power equally and everypony was happy. Thing is everypony liked the day and the sunshine, but they feared and shunned the night sky and the light of the moon." She paused to glance up at the moon out of the window before turning back to continue the story. "Princess Luna grew jealous of her sister and sought the power of an evil spirit. The spirit of Nightmare Moon. She gave in to her hate and made a pact with Nightmare Moon, to grant her the power to defeat her sister. Princess Celestia could not contend with both her sister's power, and that of the evil spirit. She was forced to use the Elements of Harmony to banish Princess Luna, and imprison her in the moon." Stiletto gave a weak smile and shrugged. "That's what the music box covers at least. Fast forward a thousand years of Princess Celestia ruling over everything, Nightmare Moon escaped her imprisonment and was set about bringing about eternal night. The then not a Princess, Twilight Sparkle, used the Elements of Harmony again to banish the evil spirit from Princess Luna. They now rule jointly as they always did, Princess Celestia seems to have forgiven her sister for everything she did."

The pegasus walks back to the bellows and again starts to fill the air mattress, using the bellows. "Everypony knows the story, even me. I guess that was all after you were gone though. Still, I guess it's always good to have a history lesson once in a while. You get all that?" she asked with a chuckle.

Avery stared intently at Stiletto, listening to a story that he has never heard before. He sat in place, carefully taking in what he hears. The story of the day Luna betrayed Celestia, the time where dark would overcome the light. The time where the meaning of enjoying one's duty meant so much, as to go so far to trust your inner darkness. Jealousy can bring one to such a degree like that? It's quite surprising, to hear that his aunt was once a terrible monster before. Why had he not heard of such a story before? It seems like such an important story to keep track of all over the land, but he's never heard of it up until now. He tilts his head as he then hears the aftermath of it all, how this Nightmare Moon had returned and set upon bring eternal night to the land and how the evil spirit was banished from Luna. Now, they all are together once more, ruling together like they have been in the past.

Surely enough, everyone knows of the story except him. He does not know of that story, nor anything else that went on in Equestria. What other stories has he not heard of, that everyone knows as well? Surely many others, but that would have to wait until another time. Though, he heard Stiletto say something about the Elements of Harmony, also something that doesn't bring memory to him. Something of the unknown, something that he would have to discover himself. These things that are known to everyone, are a mystery to him, and that was unsettling to say the least.

The alicorn nods to Stiletto "Yeah... but I can't believe that something like that happened without me knowing. I mean, surely I should've known... right? Something like that shouldn't be easily forgotten. Ugh, I just wonder what other stories I don't know about that everypony else knows about, it just... doesn't feel right, you know? Like..." he yawns loudly, looking out the window to the nigh sky "Like I was never even here to begin with. But here I am, in the flesh. So... how come I don't know any of this?" he asks, though he doesn't expect Stiletto to answer him, it was a fruitless question that he simply spoke out loud.

He watches the night sky twinkle and shine, the light of the moon giving a radiance of grace and coolness. He hears the bellows being used, turning his head slightly to the sound of the air being pushed into the air mattress. He turns to Stiletto, then asking "Uh... do you need any help with that? Sorry, I was... distracted by the box and the story, I almost forgot about that."

Stiletto pauses in her work and looks at Avery. She felt quite sorry for him. He was a pony out of his time who'd been dumped with no memory and experience of anything. She'd told him a lot about Equestria and the Princesses had told him a lot about who he was supposed to be, but there was still a lot more to learn. She didn't know how he hadn't freaked out already, or how he could be so relaxed about it. She walked over and smiled at him, then gave him a light nuzzle on his shoulder. "It's ok," she said quite simply, hoping that would reassure him. It must be so scary to wake up to all this after all, she just hoped he would be ok. Of course Avery had seemed fine so far, but Stiletto wanted to be sure.

She looked at him and smiled encouragingly. "You were probably away from Equestria for ages, from the sounds of it. You couldn't have known. Besides, even if you did, you have amnesia Avery. It's ok." Stiletto sighed and tried to look encouraging again. "Look, I know this must be frustrating for you, but you have to give it time. I'm sure you'll remember after a while, and even if you don't well..." she trailed off. "Think of it like an adventure yeah?" she asked hopefully. "You're discovering all of these new and wonderful things, and I'm like your guide through it all."

With that, the pegasus steps back to the bellows. She pushes down on the lever again, slowly filling the mattress with air. It was getting there, and Stiletto's hoof was getting a bit tired. It needed a lot more to be sleep-worthy though. "Umm," she replied. "Well, give me another minute and you can have a go with this thing. Sort of need to do this first before we can do anything else." She shrugged and continued working the bellows. "I can't answer you about why you have amnesia, or why none of this feels right to you Avery. I wish I could, but I can't. I just know though that you'll get through it, and I'll help anyway I can."

She steps off the bellows and gestures to them, "Hey. Want to have a go?"

The alicorn stared to the night sky, deep in thought about what he should go after next. The thought of everything being a mystery was exciting, but it also meant that he had to take everything in as he adapts to this world. It was a flux of wanting to push forward, but also wanting to stop and learn about the land and what he needs to do. Which then the thought occurred to him; if he was a member of royalty, and so far as to be a rather important member of the line, what is he supposed to do in Equestria? As he thought about this, he felt a sudden brush against his shoulder, which he sharply turned only to see that it was Stiletto lightly nuzzling his shoulder. That action made his face hum a rose color, as he turns his head away.

Avery then heard Stiletto talk, making him look back. What she says might be true, for all he knows, he could've just not been around to hear these tales, or simply forgot due to his amnesia. He nods, knowing well that this whole thing has been bugging him from the moment he was told that he was a part of royalty. Just yesterday, he kept insisting that he was no such thing, that he was just like anyone else that walked or flew. But with this knowledge now being burned into his head, his thoughts still remained the same. Even though he might be the prince of a huge kingdom, he doesn't even think of himself like that at all. But the fact of the matter was that, he still didn't know what he even did before, and he was intent on finding out. But, he needs to give it time, like Stiletto says.

He smiles, thinking of all the hassle of trying to remember being an adventure to behold. This land is undiscovered to him, and it all felt exciting to explore the whole land with Stiletto as a guide, pointing him whichever way he needs to go. He chuckles "Yeah, it does seem like that right now. And it's a lot of fun!"

He watches Stiletto work with the bellows to fill the mattress, looking at her as she said her point on his random babble before. He simply nods, knowing that she'll be a grand helper along his way through Equestria, for however long that might be. He stands up once Stiletto steps off the bellows, giving a small "Yeah sure" and steps on the bellows once it filled. Then pushing down on the lever to let the air flow into the mattress. He timed each push of air, almost like how a pony would blow on a fire to give it life. His attention was fully set on the bellows and the mattress, almost like he was hypnotized by it.

After several moments, Avery spoke up "You know... I feel like I've messed around with these bellows before. I don't know, I just feel as if I've done this before, only a bit different." he yawns lightly afterward, feeling a surge of sleep wash over him as he pumped air into the mattress. The mattress itself was nearly done, giving a bit of closure on when he should stop.

Well, it wasn't the worst reaction to a light nuzzle she'd seen. Stiletto almost apologised when she noticed his blush. While she'd accepted that he didn't want a hug she figured he'd be fine with a nuzzle. That wasn't that bad right? She did it quite a bit when somepony needed reassurance and he looked like he could use it. Maybe she had to just be careful with him for the moment. Still, she figured it was a common enough gesture, or was he so insular that he didn't like any physical contact at all. She was a little unsure about that, clearly he just needed to have time to be comfortable with the idea. After all, basically everypony did it.

At least he seemed better about the idea of staying with her. Stiletto guessed her nuzzle helped even if it did embarrass him. Either way, she stepped aside when he offered to take over on the bellows and smiled. It seemed that he knew what he was doing, and Stiletto observed his technique for a while, watching him tend the bellows with absolute concentration. He was right, he seemed to know how to work them. He seemed to have a method that was a lot better than whatever Stiletto was doing. It was controlled and steady, yet tender. 

She thought for a few seconds and suggested, "Well. A bellows is usually used at forges. You think that maybe you were a blacksmith or something. Or maybe you just did it as a hobby?" she asked. After all, it wasn't too out there to think that the prince worked with metals.

Still, the mattress was nearly done and Stiletto started to lay the sheet over it loosely. "Keep going, you're nearly there," she encouraged. "I'm just setting this up while you finish. Still, we'll have to leave this for an hour before you can use it. Shouldn't be too hard to kill a little time though."

Avery kept pushing on the bellows, making sure that he was getting the most air our of it as he could with each pump. It was a steady job, keeping a constant pace to not falter any worth. He listened to Stiletto, though still fixated on the bellows that were in front of him, and nodded slightly. He could have done some smithing where ever he was, which would be why it felt like he's done it before. However, nothing was coming to mind, it wasn't enough to know what it would've been that he was doing, perhaps something more was needed. However, he nods, replying

"Yeah... that could be an idea. It would've been cool to do something like blacksmith, but I don't know if I did something like that or not. I just have this kind of... muscle memory to go at this pace, not too hard yet not too weak. Just enough to go at a decent rhythm." he watches the bed slowly take its shape as he continues, seeing it become the rectangular shape of a normal bed, yet smaller than one would expect.

He looks up to see Stiletto put the sheet over the air mattress loosely, as well as telling him that it needs to be still for an hour before he could lie on it. He arced a brow, looking at the bed, wondering why it should need to sit in place for nearly an hour. He asked as he watched Stiletto put on the next few pieces of the bed "Why does it need to be left here? Shouldn't I be able to climb on it when I'm done?"

Certainly was of the past, not knowing how an air mattress is supposed to be left without popping. Of course, he wouldn't have known, due to his amnesia being this strong. But, it's to be expected as he was curious about most of what even goes on in Equestria. He was new to the land, almost no pony anywhere knew him, it was a complete match. He didn't know Equestria, and Equestria didn't know him as of yet. The more he learns about the land, it will then learn more about him. It was certainly an experience to keep one day.

Avery slowed the pumping of the bellows as the bed started to become its completed state, looking more like a bed than it had before when it was simply a pile of plastic and cloth. He stops and steps back, seeing it be inflated, then lets out a sigh. Avery rolls his neck around and shakes his hoof, then asking "Alright, now that that's out of the way... what's a good way to make time go by?" he looks upwards in thought, thinking of what to do to speed time on by without disturbing too much. He then got an idea he had before "Oh, how about that stone tablet? Think we can go look..." he yawns lightly "... at that now?"

He looked at Stiletto, waiting for the answer to come from her. The stone tablet, however, was more than meets the eyes. They only viewed it from one side, when they retrieved it, looking bare with writing of a strange language. However, on the other side of the slab of stone, it was highly different. It appeared to be a broken piece of a large mural, having several images merged with another, most of it being obscured by it being old and slightly decayed. It showed of a young pegasus pony with hair as wild as fire, flying high through the air, laughing at ponies on the ground in a dark cloud, and together with another pegasus hugging their heads together. Below was the same pegasus pony, however it had somehow became a unicorn, with that same pony from the previous image, using magic, tending to the ponies that the unicorn had previously laughed at, followed by an angered stare from unicorn, before it breaks off. There appears to be something more, as a pure white part of a pony was present in the bottom left of the broken mural. That was all to be seen on this mural. As to what it was for, and what it told, no one knew in this household.

Stiletto smiled as he suggested that he could have been a blacksmith. Avery thought it might be fun, which Stiletto seemed to think it might be. Making things from metal, being around all that fire and heat. Still, she surprised herself as she found herself staring at him as he worked. The mare could almost picture it. Avery working in a hot forge to bend a hunk of metal to his will. All that heat and sweat and fire. That would be quite exciting to see. She smiled a little at the image. Maybe he had been a blacksmith. Still, Avery was right on. Not too hard and not too soft. Just enough for her to watch him flex that muscle memory and work that bellows. In fact now that she thought of it, he did look quite cute.

Wait, had he just asked her something. Crap, she'd not been listening. Stiletto looked up to meet his eyes and felt her cheeks heat with blush. Perhaps it would be best if they didn't share a bed after all... Still, she had to admit it had been a nice show. Or maybe it was just a bit late and she wasn't thinking straight. The pegasus looked away in embarrassment. No doubt he'd caught her ogling him. That was not a good start to their friendship. She didn't notice it, but her wings had involuntarily unfolded and risen as well. 

"Umm, yeah," she replied, looking at the slowly inflating bed. "We'll need to leave this for a bit to let the air in the bed settle. That way it can properly expand out and it wont pop when you sit on it." Stiletto chuckled, trying to get her mind on a different subject. "Just don't jump on it, you'll be fine. Not that you would jump on it, umm, yeah." Stiletto hoped that was the answer to the question he'd asked, or she'd probably be in even more trouble than she was likely already in.

Once Avery had finished inflating the bed, Stiletto put the two pillows on the air mattress and nodded as he mentioned the stone tablet. "Yeah sure, let's go do that," she enthused quickly. "I've been wondering what's on there. I mean, it's probably in ancient Equestrian. I don't think I can read it. You might have a shot at it though, you're an ancient Equestrian. Yeah..." the pegasus trailed off and walked around the bed and down the stairs. Best to just think of the tablet, yeah...

Avery nods, understanding what needed to be done with the bed now. It wasn't often that he would be working with something to hold air in to be of use, he couldn't remember the last time he worked with something like that. The only thing he felt that he remembered was the pace of the bellows, it just came naturally to him, he didn't remember where he had gotten it from. Everything he tries to remember is just a haze, nothing was clear about where he was or who he met. But it seems to be that he remembers what some events felt like, such as with his pacing of the bellows

He hadn't noticed Stiletto had stared at him for a long while, he only noticed some odd movements when he asked what needed to be done with the bed. He didn't know what to think of it, her just facing away suddenly, on top of her wings unfolding. It was a strange sight to him, he almost questioned it out of curiosity, though he took the thought out of his head. There was no need to push any situation if it doesn't call for it, for all he knew, Stiletto was just getting warm and letting air through her wings.

Avery watched as Stiletto put two pillows onto the air bed, now looking more like a bed than an inflated pile of plastic and cloth. He smiled upon hearing that Stiletto agreed to taking a look at the tablet, as well as the fact that he could possibly read it because he was from so far in the past. He thought about the idea of him being an "Ancient Equestrian", it was interesting, though it wasn't something he'd call himself. Certainly just a pony was good enough for him, plain and simple from start to finish.

"Maybe, who knows?" he replied, following Stiletto downstairs "If I can have that feeling of knowing those bellows, maybe it can work with that... ancient Equestrian language." he said as he thought of if that would work. It was a long shot, but if it could then it might be easier to remember than he thought! Stiletto was right, he just needs to wait for the the time to remember, it'll come back to him one way or another. If it doesn't, then its just a new adventure awaiting to be had. He liked that idea, it felt new.

When getting to the living room once more, Avery trots over to the stretcher that still held the tablet safely in place. Using his magic, he struggled to get the tablet out of the stretcher, dragging across the floor before it came out. He lets go with his magic, panting while getting his breath back. "Ugh..." he puts his hoof against the side and easily lifts the tablet before setting it back down. "Yep, I knew it... this thing is repelling my magic. It feels like it weighs twenty tons, but I can easily lift it with my hoof. Aaaalright" he says, leaning down to flip it over gently "Let's see what's on this thing."

As he flipped it over, he saw the piece of a large mural. He sets it down softly so that Stiletto could see herself, looking at it in confusion. It seemed to revolve around a single... multiple ponies? There was one that looked the same as the other, only they were completely different in terms of race. One picture, they were a pegasus, another they were a unicorn. It looked strange, especially with the color being as faded as it was, but you can still tell that those ponies were the same color. They had the same hair, same eyes, same tail, only a different race somehow. Avery tilted his head, looking at the other pictures to get a better view on them. It revolved around this pony, and another, but it was hard to tell what it was about because this was just a piece of the mural that was somewhere in Equestria.

He flips it over on it's side, looking at the opposite side to see if there was anything else there. Nothing particularly eye-catching, it was void of any markings. Furrowing his brow, he lays it back down to look at the mural once again. He looks around at the pictures, uncertain of what to take from this. He turns to Stiletto and asks "Hey... uh, do you know what this is trying to say? I... don't know. I mean, that pony right there... there and there, look the same but, they're a completely different race. Is it trying to tell us something about... Uh... Hm, hang on give me a second..." he mumbles at the end, putting his hoof to his chin as he stares at the piece of mural, trying to figure out what it's trying to say from such limited information.

Well, it seemed Avery hadn't noticed her slip. That was good, she'd been saved from a little embarrassment for now. Probably for the best. They were just getting to know each other, and she'd hate to make him uncomfortable. Adding another thing to the long list of complicated things he had to deal with wouldn't be good. Besides, he was a prince. It wasn't like he was interested in her right? He'd been nice to her and they'd become friends. He was certainly a bit of an enigma still, but that wasn't exactly his fault. There was something about him she found quite agreeable though. Maybe it was just his carefree attitude, or his ability to take all of this in his stride. Stiletto figured if she'd been dumped in a similar situation she wouldn't have nearly done so well. Maybe he wasn't. She should probably ask in a minute.

Either way, she'd enjoyed the show. Perhaps Stiletto would break something later and get him to fix it. By accident of course. Granted it probably wasn't the wisest decision to let her friend occupy her thoughts, they were nice thoughts though and the empath could do with them. The pegasus let that line of thought peter off for the moment as she sat down once again on the couch and watched Avery inspect the tablet. After all, he was a prince. No doubt he'd end up with some mare with a title and a castle rather than somepony like Stiletto. What was wrong with her, she didn't like royalty anyway, what made her think Avery was any different just because he'd been polite so far? Another unfair assumption, or was the dark corner at the centre of his aura hiding his true personality?

Stiletto shook her head and let her wings fold back slowly into her sides as she watched him study the tablet. "Umm, heck, I dunno Avery. It's a carving in some rock," she commented, trying to forget she'd ever thought about how cute he looked. 

What was that anyway? She leaned in for a bit of a closer look. Indeed, it seemed to be a picture of a lot of flames. A pegasus and a unicorn. Two pegasi in love. An angry unicorn. It didn't make any sense to her. "Err... somepony got very drunk?" she asked, quite bemused by it all. "I don't know Avery, this is all very vague. I think it's usually the part where I say I don't understand and get somepony like Twilight to figure it out instead. Except not Twilight because she's a royal pain. But you know what I mean." Still, those two ponies did look very similar. "Err, somepony has the power to change their species. I dunno Avery," she trailed off.

This mural wasn't complete, yet still showed much of what it had to offer. It only showed this one confusing part, of how one pony could be two separate species of pony. It was a rather confusing sight, especially to Avery. He was trying to figure out what this meant, but it seems that he didn't have the information needed to process it into a thought. He keeps mumbling to himself, trying to figure out what it could mean and what it might hold in secret. Nothing stayed in mind, everything was just going back and forth, never staying still. He heard Stiletto say something about getting somepony like Twilight to help out, it might be a good idea, though she immediately dismissed the idea. Seems old habits die hard, still not liking royalty.

But if what she says is true, that there is a pony out there that can change their species at will, who knows where they might be now. Though as he thought about it, he lets out a huge yawn, falling over on his side. As soon as he hits the ground, he lifts his head sharply, looking around before sighing and sitting back up. "...Man, this is really weird. Maybe we should go ask some ponies in town, see if they know anything about it. Who knows, maybe Princ- I mean, my mother and auntie Luna could figure out where this goes. They're older than I am, so it could be a possibility..." he says, pushing the broken stone mural away from him as he rubs his head.

This mural brought about many different questions, some just curious questions, while others were diving deeper than they need to be. Why is the mural concentrated on this pony? How come it's highlighting those events in particular? Is it something to look out for? Should we be worried about it? So far, no answer was in sight or in mind. Everything was mixed with the batter of Equestria, trying to make something so surprising it will change your life forever.

However, Avery thought it wouldn't be too soon if it was something so terrible like that. He was far too tired to think straight and to even keep his head up, almost fighting his eyes to stay awake. He lays his head down onto his front legs, looking at the mural at an acute angle with his nearly closed eyes. He didn't know what else to say, he said what he had to, he didn't need to bring up something just to worry Stiletto over nothing, that wouldn't be a good mark on their friendship. Though, as his mind drifted away from the mural, he started to think about how Stiletto looked before when she turned away suddenly. Certainly it wasn't anything bad, she seemed fine, though she is also an empath, capable of feeling emotions much more than he could. Was she worried about something, then turning her head away in fear? Why did she do what she did? Her wings also sprouted when he last saw her, looking to Stiletto he saw that her wings were folded back onto her back. He turned back to the mural and tilted his head slightly, giving a soft hum of curiosity while trying to figure out what she was doing before.

Stiletto shrugged, as far as she knew there was nothing about a pony who could change species. Except... "A changeling maybe?" she asked, slightly puzzled by the idea. Sure, a changeling could turn from a unicorn to a pegasus right? That would be a good explanation to it right? Though if it was a changeling why would it bother to change it's race at all. That didn't seem very changeling like, would they not stick to pretending to be one pony? She didn't know, but that was the only thing she knew that could change form like that. "I don't know Avery, I doubt any pony around town would know what could do that... though now that I think about it." Didn't Stiletto know somepony who could change one's race through potions and alchemy? Yeah... hadn't Lightout said he could change a unicorn into a pegasus with a potion. 

Granted, Lightout couldn't possibly be responsible for the effects in the mural, but it was a possibility. "Well, I know one pony. He's an alchemist, I think he said he could change somepony's race. Or that he was working on it, I'm not sure. Still, I don't think asking around town will help. You'll need somepony who would know about this..." she bit the bottom of her lip. "Like the Princesses, yes. Still, you said you felt some sort of connection to it. You don't see anything you relate to?" It was a good question, after all, Avery had said he felt something about it. Surely they could discern more about what was on the tablet. 

Still, she rubbed her head at the thought, not being able to figure out anything about it. Still, what had Lightout said about following things through with logic and deduction. "These two pegasi look like they're in love," she stated, waving her hoof at the pictures on the mural. "It doesn't look like everypony else is doing too well, so maybe they were horrible. Then, this pony regrets what they did and tries to make it better. They break up with their partner, but then you're right. It makes no sense, now that pony is a unicorn." Stiletto shook her head and sighed, leaning back on the sofa. 

The pegasus yawned again and looked at Avery apologetically. "What?" why was he looking at her like that? "I'm sorry ok, that's all I can get from it." She glanced away again, not wanting to meet his gaze. Why was he looking at her? "Look, umm. I have work in the morning, so I don't know. What were you going to do? I can probably ask one of my other friends to show you around Ponyville for a bit if you liked. Or, umm, I don't know." Stiletto looked back at him and smiled. "What were you planning on doing Avery?" 

It was probably best to ask what he intended. Still, there was the inevitable truth that if he was going to stay with her then he'd have to pull his weight. Even just working with the local weather patrol or just earning a bit of money doing odd jobs would help. It wasn't like she could afford to feed him for months on end, not unless she wanted to pick up some of the more risky scouting jobs going around. Granted, he'd have plenty of time to think about that. He was still finding his feet after all. Who knew though, maybe the Princess would give him some money to live off. Though the thought of that was quite repellent to her.

Archived