Nightflight and Co. need some friends!

…I've seen other folks post to try and establish IC connections between characters, so yeah, figured I'd try this and see if I could establish some RP.  :blush:

But yes, as the title says, I am curious to see if anybody has some characters they think could get along (or even not) with some of mine. I'm mostly concerned with a few particular characters that I really feel motivated to write and develop at the time being, so I guess I'll just start with those for now. Each one will have some individual quirks or noteworthy traits that could potentially impact interpersonal (interponysonal?) relationships, so I'll be putting those out in the open as well for reference, but I'm pretty much open to any general friends, rivals, classmates, bitter enemies, the whole shebang of whatever anyone would like to suggest! It can also be  an acquaintance that can be hand waved as having gone on for a while, or it can be something to plan for and start in the future. 

- - -

Nightflight: Being both a frequent traveler and fairly easy-going, Night will probably be the easiest so far to generally get along with unless she feels someone has a fairly jerk-y air about them. However she does have an unfortunate habit of staying up far later than a young teen should, or even skipping sleep altogether, so she's more likely to be responsive or remember ponies if she meets them at night rather than in the day when she's usually groggy and slow. Besides being an adventurous athletic sort, she also enjoys a bit of comic reading or tabletop dice rolling now and then, so she'll likely get along with geekier or more intellectual folks just as well as she does the outdoorsy, sporty ones.  Either way, if there's an adventure, Nightflight might be a pretty good pegasus to ask along! 

Also be prepared for snark, potentially L-O-T-S of it should a relationship turn out to be not all that pleasant. She may be patient, but like all ponies she does have her limits and is substantially less friendly when they are crossed.  :razz: 

- - -

Crystal Clear: Does often make trips to buy/excavate materials or just to unwind, so both professional and social acquaintanceships are likely to happen. Material contractors, tool smiths, rival glassblowers/jewelers, regular customers, and ex-customers who have been "blacklisted" for roughhousing in her shop and incurring her wrath spring immediately to mind as potential known people, just for a few ideas. She does have an unfortunate habit of general prissiness (comes with working in a shop that sells sparkly, shiny things), but so long as a pony keeps themselves clean and nice and nothing really unlucky happens to pop her admittedly overoptimistic bubble, then she should be able to get along with others just fine! 

Oh and good luck to any stallion thinking they can win her over as a potential marefriend.  ;) She's more dismissive of romantic notions and efforts than one might think of a pretty unicorn living in lovely Roam (and marketing mostly to lovey couples, to boot!) 

(On a really small side note she does have some very diluted crystal pony lineage passed down from way before King Sombra. It's not really anything that makes itself obvious, and she's not aware of it, so…I dunno. Maybe it could turn out she has a long distant relative from generations ago walking around the Crystal Empire now. Those ponies have been gone for a long time. Or maybe nothing at all will come from it. IDK, feel free to make of it what you will. :U)

- - -

Tripp Hardy: Being a filly with constantly working parents, Tripp will have less opportunity to travel than the above two ponies. Still, she does sometimes manage to leave Baltimare to visit relatives, cities, or celebrate special occasions, so maybe when she does she can make some long distance pen pals to look forward to meeting up with sometimes. Or on the flip side, she might have some other foals (or grown adults) she clashes and feuds with on a regular basis--she's certainly argumentative and sassy enough! Or maybe some Baltimare folks have grown familiar with the filly's face and name, either as a frustratingly adorable local scamp or as a walking source of trouble to be wary of. Or…maybe she just needs an instructor to teach her how to swim, since her parents never seem to have the time or energy for it after work. Whichever way, any pony (or creature) interacting with her will definitely have a hoof-ful of impulse and overconfidence to deal with! 

- - -

Wind Wisher: Probably the most docile and levelheaded of my current characters, if you can draw her out of her shell and get her to start saying more. Another frequent traveler, whether it's for a bird-spotting trip or study or just travel for the fun of it, but she also hangs out frequently around Canterlot and the university there, so it's likely that she'll have encountered other university students or faculty in her time there. 

- - -

I'll probably post again another time with some of my other OCs, but I'ma go ahead and stop here for now. Like I said, any suggestions I've provided are just that, and I'm wholly open to other ideas!

I could see my character, Foxglove Foalfellow having interesting interactions with any of your OC's to be honest, but especially with Tripp Hardy. To summarise his character, he's a travelling, cowardly, con artist who sells items on the edge of his silver tongue, you know, using his charisma to manipulate ponies. Not really evil at heart, but rather a petty criminal who sells somewhat 'dubious' wares to people. 

Here is the application for more info.

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/13417-foxglove-foalfellow-ready/

I can Crystal Clear being a rival, as Foalfellow could have sold her some low quality tools for jewelmaking? Or just the fact that she is a legitimate salespony and knows about the 'legitimacy' of Foalfellow. However, with Tripp Hardy, I can see a thousand types of interaction taking place between the two. For example, Foalfellow could be in Balitimare and try to manipulate her to join him on his travels since it seems as if her parents are always away, or perhaps she would want to visit a long distance pen pal, and sees Foalfellow as a method to get there? Or even a odd friendship simply between the two? I just think it would be fun with the strange contrast of characters for a roleplay.

Let me know what you think :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm...I gotta admit I am kinda intrigued to see how Tripp would be around Foxy. I could see her showing some off-kilter, strange respect for the stallion after seeing firsthand the verbal wonders he can work, but also looking for an opportunity or two to be a little brat and pull some strings to her advantage. For instance--what's that I hear? All the cinnamon candies and saltwater taffy available from the corner store in exchange for not spreading word of a certain con artist's doings to relatives in other towns? And who knows how much further such smug little demands would go, if it turned out she could get away with that much? ;) Whether such demands are actually as intimidating or successful as she initially thinks, though...that would be another story.

And yeah, I can envision Crystal Clear having fallen for that silver tongue in her early rookie craftsmare days, before she knew any better. Girl don't let go of a grudge like that so easy, and I don't imagine she wouldn't say as much to any other crafts pony should Foxglove's name come up.

Amazing! very interesting scenarios! The snarky, interested though defiant attitude of Tripp Hardy would meld entertainingly well with the con artist, suave demeanour of Foalfellow. Their interactions as companions with other RP'ers (Such as customers or just random adventurers) would be incredibly fun. With Crystal Clear, I see a very different style of RP happening, similar to Tripp Hardy's as a learning experience, but with much less hijinks and rather much more of a manipulation theme.

Either way, send me a PM sometime and we'll arrange something :)

• 2 weeks later...

I could see an rp with Nightflight and Brawny Boulder in which Brawny is attempting to get some work done in the evening-in the vicinity of Las PEgasus or Bareback Gulch or anywhere in the large areas in between-and Nightflight gets herself into some trouble with her night-time escapades, and BRawny either helps her out or is most affected by her actions and becomes upset with her. Either way could be interesting if you are interested.

• 7 months later...

So! I'm back from hiatus, and I intend to try and stay longer this time, and also my apologies to folks who chipped in here but who I never got around to starting things with. I'm willing to try again, if you folks are still interested?

For the record I'm also open to new ideas for acquaintances or RP hooks, if anyone else would like to get to know these ponies! I'll be linking Wind Wisher's profile into the OP later today too, so that'll be one extra pony to potentially do things with! ;)

EDIT: Wind Wisher's been added!

Archived