[Canterlot]Pony Joe's[OPEN]

daftBLUE

(ooc): Just got a new character approved, and soon all of you will see why he's called "Saddlesore"

As Misty Magic was about the answer Big Time's question, a new customer entered the donut shop. He was a light blue colored Earth Pony with dark blue mane and tail and wore a frown on his face. His name was Saddlesore and he was known far and wide as the grumpiest pony in all of Equestria. The cutie mark he wore on this flanks was a brown bur, the symbol that fit this abrasive, unhappy, angry pony well. He stood at the end of the line of customers waiting to be served.

"This line is too long! This place is too bright! Why are half of all these ponies yawning? There's a cure for that fellow ponies, it's called SLEEP!"

Misty saw the disruptive blue stallion and decided to try to cheer him up.

"Good morning, sir. I'm Misty Magic and ..."

"And I could care less, horn head. Mind your own business!"

"But sir, if you put a smile on your face, I'm sure you will find happiness and ...."

"You wanna make ME happy, little pony girl? SHUT UP!"

"That was a rude thing to say, I was only trying to help ..."

"Help? Unless you can give me a pink donut and a cup of coffee, BUTT OUT! I don't want to talk to YOU or any of the other losers that eat here! All I want is my food and I will kindly LEAVE this wretched place!"

Hearing these words made Misty angry. She didn't mind being insulted, that's happened to her all her life, but now this arrogant blue pony was insulting all of her new friends and even Pony Joe's store! She didn't notice that her horn was glowing as a look of anger came on her face.

"WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE SUCH A BIG CRAB?" Misty yelled, unwittingly triggering her magic. In a flash, Saddlesore was now transformed into a large, blue crab. The look on the young unicorn's face was now one of complete disbelief.

"OH MY GOSH! I'M SO SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN TO DO THAT! But if you hadn't acted as stubborn as a mule, then.." she said before placing both of her front hooves over her mouth. Too late. Once more, Misty's magic struck Saddlesore, instantly changing him into a large blue mule.

"EEEEE AWWWWWWW! What have you done to me, you stupid bratty filly? YOU CHANGE ME BACK THIS INSTANT OR I'LL CALL THE AUTHORITIES! All I wanted was a lousy pink donut!"

Misty tried to think fast, to lighten the mood with some humor.

"Well, they say you are what you eat... OH NO!!" MIsty joked before placing both of her front hooves over her mouth again. Now, positioned in the middle of the floor of Pony Joe's was a five foot high round donut with pink icing where the blue mule once stood. "I AM SO SORRY ABOUT ALL THIS, SIR! I'LL CHANGE YOU BACK NOW!"

Closing her eyes to concentrate, Misty knew this was her last chance to fix what her miscast magic had done. Her horn glowing, the yellow unicorn's magic beam struck the huge donut, turning it back to a normal, blue pony.

"What just happened to me and why is there pink frosting in my mane?"

Now Misty was terrified! What would Pony Joe think of all this? What will all the patrons in the donut shop say? Will the handsome blue pony in the sunglasses think she was some kind of freak of nature? She cowered in a corner, wondering what was going to happen to her next.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

((OOC: It looks like Saddlesore...

*puts on sunglasses*

...was a little crabby this morning.

YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!))

The whole time Misty's magic went haywire, Big Time's mouth was agape. At first, he wondered if she had turned him into those things on purpose, but after she kept apologizing, he understood that it was all an accident. This also made a light-bulb go off in his head.

Big time's expression went from shock, to a small smile. He looked over to Misty and saw the terrified look on her face. The poor girl must've scared herself more than she scared the blue earth pony. The pegasus stallion looked over his sunglasses at her, and approached the corner she was cowering in. The worry, the embarrassment she wore on her face made Big Time feel sorry for her, but he didn't show it. That emotion was hidden well behind his sunglasses.

Before he pursued his idea, he had to ask one simple question. A question that was obligatory after everything that happened. "Are you okay?"

In retrospect, it would've been more sensible to pose that question at the stranger who walked in with an attitude. However, Big Time was more interested in Misty Magic, than somepony who just woke up on the wrong side of the haystack.

(Sunshine, I think you mean YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :) )

"I've lived here all my life." Joe replied. Then Saddlesore came in and began insulting people, and his store to boot. "Excuse me, sir. Kindly keep your yap shut if you got nothing good to say." he said sternly. When Misty's magic broke, turning Saddlesore into a crab, a mule, and a donut, Joe was laughing his hooves off at Saddlesore. He laughed so hard, he almost spilled his own coffee over his apron. He saw Misty retreat into a corner, looking scared, and went over to console her, telling Saddlesore "You should go wash that off in the bathroom." He went over to Misty with her donut. "Here." he pushed the plate towards Misty, smiling.

2nu80vq.png

Babbles stared wide eyed and slack jawed at the spectacle taking place in front of her. Without even looking down, she magically whisked through to a blank page in her notebook and her pen furiously scribbled across the page, captured in a fit of magic glowing slightly brighter than usual. Where a few moments ago she'd been half asleep and ready to doze off at the table, she was now wide awake, completely alert, and paying close attention to everything around her.

As the scene settled down, and the donut returned to pony form, she kept her eyes on Big Time, knowing he'd swoop in. She was aware of his reputation, and knew he tended to care more for the bits than anything else. Just as she thought, he was already swooping in on the young unicorn. The glow surrounding her pen subsided, as did the ferocity of her scribbling, and she turned back to her notebook to put a coherent end to the notes she'd taken. Her ears flicked toward Misty and Big Time, paying close attention as she finished her donut.

Misty smiles as she sees Big Time and Pony Joe near her. Suddenly, Saddlesore began to shake himself trying to get all the pink frosting out of his mane.

"All of this is very odd. The last thing I can remember is waiting in line for a pink donut. Young unicorn, what are you doing on the floor? Oh well, I better go to the restroom to get all this stuff out of my mane!"

As Saddlesore closed the bathroom door behind him, Misty breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank goodness! I think my magic made him forget all the things I did to him!"

Now the nervous yellow unicorn looked up to see Pony Joe offering her the donut she'd been nibbling on.

"Oh Pony Joe, I'm so sorry about everything that happened! I hope I didn't frighten away your customers. I didn't mean to do all that magic! Honest I didn't!"

She then looked over at Big Time.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, Big Time. I'm not a monster, it's just that sometimes my magic sort of, misfires. Please don't be afraid of me. I just lost control when that jerk of a stallion began insulting everyone."

Misty then started nibbling on the donut again, she was still scared, but she was hungry too.

((OOC: daftBLUE actually, I meant http://mirrors.rit.edu/instantCSI/))

"Not at all" Big Time said to her, his voice casual despite the incident earlier. "In fact, I guess you could say I'm impressed." The blue stallion sat down in front of her. "You seem to be having some trouble controlling your magic...but that may actually be a good thing."

Big time smirked as she ate her doughnut. He leaned to the side a little to get a glimpse of her cutie-mark, and sure enough, it was a cloud with a question-mark. Big Time mumbled to himself, "...a special talent for unpredictable magic..."

Finally the pegasus stallion stated his case. "Look, I'm going to make you an offer, and you can take it or leave it, but I want you to consider it. There are many young colts and fillies in Equestria that are made fun of for being different. What if I helped you become an idol for those who feel like their alone in the world." Big Time smiled at her reassuringly, "just imagine never having to be embarrassed of your special talent. Imagine being praised and idolized by young ones who feel like they have nowhere to go. Not only could you make a living off of utilizing your special talent, you would also become famous."

Big Time stood, trotted over and sat next to Misty. He put his arm around her and swished his hoof in the air like he was painting an image for her. "Think about it. 'Misty Magic: The Unpredictable' or maybe 'Misty Magic: Equestria's Voice for the Different'."

Even though Big Time felt like he was in his element, he stopped himself from getting too ecstatic. He knew that Misty was still a little shaken from what she'd done. "...I want you to just think about it for now. How about I buy you some more breakfast, a doughnut is hardly filling."

(ooc): Well, if no one else is going to take a turn here, I'll go again

As Misty Magic pondered Big Time's offer, Saddlesore emerged from the restroom, his blue coat and mane now shining.

"I had the weirdest daydream. I was a crab, then a mule, then a donut. Must be the odd surroundings in this city." the blue stallion said, noticing that most of the patrons of the donut shop were staring at him. "Take a picture, it'll last longer!"

Saddlesore noticed the line to the counter was now clear, so he galloped up to Pony Joe.

"I want a pink donut and the strongest coffee you have! Do ponies often have hallucinations in your establishment?"

Misty now looked up at Big Time, her donut now completely eaten.

"Well, alright, but I'm not sure that you could make an entertaining show with a unicorn with unpredictable magic. My parents are in show biz, but the have their magic act down pat. Perhaps you've heard of them, Mighty Magic and Abracadabra?"

((Where is everypony :!: ))

"Wait...YOU'RE the daughter of Mighty Magic and Abracadabra?!" Big Time's eyes widened behind his sunglasses. Completely awestruck, the blue pegasus felt the excitement build in his gut. In his mind, he may have just stumbled upon a goldmine. "Y-you're practically a prodigy!"

Big Time smiled ear to ear. This was perfect. He didn’t just stumble onto any powerful unicorn, but a powerful unicorn whose parents were already in show business. The stallion Pegasus could already see himself booking shows. Colts, fillies, stallions, and mares all lined up to buy tickets to a show. The thousands upon thousands of bits they were going to make. It was almost enough to make Big Time’s mouth water.

"And don’t worry about your magic." The ecstatic stallion stood and offered his hoof to help her back on her hooves. “Come on, let’s go sit in a booth. We can iron out the details over a nice omelet!â€Â

(Gah, completely forgot about this :oops: )

At Big Time's comment about his donuts not being very filling, Joe raised his eyebrows. Then Saddlesore came over and ordered a donut and coffee, which Joe set to work on. "Not very often." Joe said to respond to Saddlesore's question. "Though there was this one pony, a pegasus No idea what happened to him, but he kept rambling about how he was a zebra. And here's your coffee and donut. You want this to take away?" he asked Saddlesore.

Saddlesore smiled as he reached for his coins.

"Take away will be fine, thank you." the blue earth pony said before shaking his head in stunned disbelief. "Did I say, 'thank you'? Something must be wrong with me. Better go see a doctor."

Misty's head was still spinning with conflicting thoughts as she pondered Big Time's offer for stardom. Her mind came back to reality when she saw how the brash stallion's remarks about Pony Joe's donuts affected him. Now her countenance instantly changed from excited to angry.

"Wait just a minute, Big Time!" the yellow unicorn said defensively. "You may be a powerful talent agent, but you have no right to insult my friend Pony Joe like that! His donuts are plenty filling and delicious! When I lived here in Canterlot, I'd come here after school everyday for one of his wonderful donuts!"

Now Misty was visibly upset, so angry she didn't notice that her horn was glowing again.

"I demand that you apologize to Pony Joe this minute!"

Big Time looked at the upset unicorn in shock. He was going to open his mouth to defend himself against the accusation, but instantly stopped himself when he saw her horn lighting up. With a nervous laugh, the blue Pegasus stepped back a little. “Now, now…n-no need to get angry.†Big Time lowered his ears a little in fear, then looked over to Pony Joe.

Then, the fearful stallion lifted his right wing and moved his muzzle beneath it where he kept a small bag filled with bits. He pulled out a few and placed them on Pony Joe’s counter. He then looked at the restaurant-owner and gave him a big flashy smile. “I’m sorry. You’re donut’s are very filling. I have thoroughly misjudged your restaurant’s pastries, and I am truly, deeply, sorry.†In Big Time’s mind, he didn’t feel he needed to apologize. However, Misty was a potential client, and clients had demands. Right now it was Big Time’s job to make sure Misty stayed happy. Plus, he didn’t earn any money by making enemies.

"Better finish the donut and coffee first." Joe smiled. "Let's just say that the doctor's ideas on health and my donuts don't exactly agree with each other. Know what I mean?" He picked up Saddlesore's payment and dropped them into the till. "Enjoy yourself, ya hear?" he grinned at Saddlesore. Then he heard Misty practically yelling at Big Time to apologize. "No need to apologize. You expressed your opinion, and I'm open to criticism." he said, dropping Big Tme's money into the till.

Misty calmed down when she heard Pony Joe's response to Big Time's comment. She then looked in wonderment as Saddlesore stopped at the door and stared at the unicorn's glowing horn. Only now did Misty look up and see her magic had been activated. Now fear paralyzed the young mare as she pondered what to do next.

"OH NO! It's happening AGAIN!" she neighed, placing both of her front hooves over her snout and backing up into a corner. She was scared to utter another word, remembering how her words accidentally changed Saddlesore into a crab, a mule and a huge donut. With the mere speaking of one wrong word, Misty could change all the patrons in the dining room into sheep, or teleport the entire restaurant into the Everfree Forest, or even change everyone in Canterlot into giant walking donuts! Panic set in as she tried to stop her horn from glowing. Suddenly, her face brightened as she got an idea, removing the hoofs from her snout to speak.

"I wish I knew how to stop my horn from glowing!" Misty proudly spoke, causing her entire body to glow briefly as she magically received the knowledge in her mind she needed. "Now I know what to do!"

She closed her eyes and in a matter of seconds, her horn stopped glowing. Now the yellow unicorn breathed a sigh of relief. She then turned towards Pony Joe and said, "I'm so sorry, maybe I better leave now."

The sad faced Misty then turned towards Big Time.

"Sir, I do thank you for the kind offer, but if I can't control my magic, performing in public would be too dangerous."

The yellow unicorn began to walk out of Pony Joe's, her head drooped, fighting the urge to cry.

"Hey, hey, Misty." Joe walked over to the door and held himself across it, barring Misty from leaving. "It's okay. So what if you can't control your magic? You couldn't control it when you were a filly, and the store's still standing." He attempted a grin. "You don't need to be so negative about yourself. Besides, you seemed to be able to control it just then." Then he noticed Argent Aegis had walked in. "Sorry for the wait, sir. Black coffee coming right up." He busied himself at the coffee maker. "Night watch, again? We seem to be getting a lot of night watch ponies. Not tht I'm complaining."

Big Time watched as Pony Joe talked with Misty. He was glad to see he wasn’t the only pony that felt sympathetic towards the mare.

Her response to the Pegasus stallion’s offer was unexpected. Usually, ponies would jump at the chance of fame and fortune. Somepony declining an offer that he made was a rarity, and it looked like Misty was one of the rare ones.

When Pony Joe went back to his coffee machine to help the new costumer, the blue Pegasus took that moment to trot over next to the sad mare and place a comforting hoof on her shoulder.

"You know, he’s right" said Big Time.

"I'm sure that me, Pony Joe and everypony else here would just hate to see you leave with that look on your face. Heck! I bet everypony here would hate to see you leave!" Just then, Big Time looked up in thought for a moment. "...well...with the exception of that blue pony."

The winged stallion then smiled warmly at Misty, "if you'd like to stay here and have some breakfast, I would gladly pay. However, if you still want to leave, I'd only ask for two favors." Big Time hid his muzzle beneath his wing once again, but this time pulled out a small card. He held up his hoof and dropped the card onto it, then held it in front of the yellow unicorn. "The first favor I would ask, would be that you at least take my card. That way, if you have second thoughts, you know how to contact me."

With a sincere smile, he looked at her through his sunglasses. "And the second favor...would be that you at least smile, and leave here happy." Big Time knew that a client like her was hard to come by. He'd hate to lose her just because she didn't think she was good enough. Also, she seemed very misunderstood, so letting her leave without trying to cheer her up was out of the question. Although if she accepted his offer to buy her some more breakfast, his joy would be shown by the broad smile on his maw.

(ooc): Let's give Buxy and Marnax a chance to 'catch up' before we go any further. if they don't post in the next few days, then I'll take a turn again.

2nu80vq.png

Babbles nursed her latte, her eyes getting a bit wide as Misty's horn began to glow again. The last thing Babs wanted was to get caught in some sort of magical crossfire and have to make her way to her editor's office as a towering slab of bacon. She double checked her notes, making sure that if there was anything missing, it could easily be filled in later, and tucked her notes away in her saddlebag.

As Babbles exited the shop, she broke one of her cardinal rules of eavesdropping, and looked straight at Misty and Big Time, smirking a bit to herself and hoping this little meeting would come in handy for a later story. With powers like that, it wouldn't be long before her show went haywire and transmuted half her audience.

With a slight toss of her head, Babbles tossed out her empty cup and opened the door to exit with one small bit of magic. She trotted out the door, turning down the street toward the offices of Pony Quarterly for her meeting, feeling significantly more confident and prepared than she had when she left her apartment.

((ooc: Babs is too much of a snooty poo to socialize, seems like a good time to remove her. I didn't mean to let the thread run away from her, I was just waiting for Marnax to see what else might develop...))

• 3 weeks later...

"Enjoy your day!" Joe called over to Babbles as she left. "You ponies aren't going to be wanting anything over there, are you?" He said, trotting up to Misty and Big Time. "I could easily fix you up with something, if you wanted it." He took a sip from his own coffee. "Gah, it's gone cold. Better brew up some more." Joe walked back to behind the counter and set himself to work, making another coffee. Best thing about this job is you can never really get too hungry. Joe thought to himself.

(ooc): It's ok, Buxy, no problem. Looks like Marnax is gone too, so it looks like it'll be the three of us (me, Sunshine, Draft Blue) from here out unless other new customers walk into Pony Joe's.

Misty took Big Time's card and then looked up at him, forcing a smile on her face.

"Would you mind if we ate here, sir? I believe Pony Joe's has more than just donuts on his menu. I happen to be a big fan of his donuts, they are the finest in all of Equestria, but if you don't mind, I'd like to stay here. Pony Joe's an old friend of mine and I feel safer and more comfortable with him around. I hope you'll understand."

Misty was now smiling more naturally, feeling better about the situation since she got all that off her chest.

"Perhaps we could sit in a booth if you'd like a little more privacy as we discuss your offer."

((ooc: sorry for taking awhile to reply. Procrastination is unfortunately my strong-suit :geek: ))

“Oh but of course, Ms. Magic. Anything to make you more comfortable.” Big Time grinned wide and stepped aside to let Misty walk ahead of him. “…and I agree. The last time I got a hayburger here, I was more than pleased.”

Big Time felt the excitement in his chest. Was he actually going to score a client today? It was even more special since her parents already had their hooves in show business. Misty was obviously a very nice mare, yet Big Time couldn't help but think about how much bits he could make off of her. However, he hid those thoughts with both his smile, and the shield of his sunglasses.

Looking to Pony Joe, Big Time nodded to him. “Speaking of which, I would love to have a hayburger, good sir. Also that iced tea if you don’t mind…”

"Right away, Big Time. One hayburger and iced tea to eat in." Joe made a verbal note of the order. "If you want a booth, you can find them just over there." He pointed to the immediate left of the store where a row of private dining booths sat. "Let me know if you want anything else."

Joe returned a few seconds later with a hayburger and some iced tea propped on a serving dish. "Here we are. Hayburger and iced tea, just like you asked. Will that be all"

"That looks delicious, Pony Joe," Misty said with a smile. "May I have the same?"

The yellow unicorn tried to hide how nervous she was. She really didn't know what to think of Big Time's offer. Could it be possible for her to gain control of her magic to the place where she could actually perform like her parents? Was this agent stallion just planning to show her off like some sort of magical 'freak exhibit' in a circus? Misty was small, but she was old enough to investigate any offer before agreeing to it. She wasn't about to be bullied by Big Time or anyone. As she waited for her food, her mind began to wonder, trying to picture herself as a star performer of magic feats.

"Sure thing, Misty. Another Hayburger and iced tea coming up." Joe walked back behind the counter and madde another hayburger and iced tea for Misty, all the while thinking about what the two were discussing in the booth. But a pony like Joe knew that this wasn't a time for eavesdropping, so instead, he delivered the Hayburger and iced tea to Misty and Big Time's booth. "Anything else, you know where to find me." Joe walked back over to the counter and began cleaning it.

Big Time looked at the food before him, and couldn’t help but lick his lips. “Thank you, Pony Joe…” Suddenly, the blue Pegasus had got an idea. He looked over to the other stallion, “Say, Pony Joe, how would you like to join us? Unless you’re too busy right now…”

Big Time was getting a vibe from Misty that said she was still a little unsure of his intentions. Just by the look on her face, he could tell there may be a trust issue. The talent agent could NOT have that, and if that meant asking Pony Joe to eat with them, then so be it. Plus, making friends with a potential client’s friends wasn’t a bad idea.