[Canterlot]Pony Joe's[OPEN]

daftBLUE

"If that's okay, I suppose I could join you." Joe replied, trotting over. "Business is slow for this time anyway. I suppose it would keep me busy for now." He parked himself in the booth next to Misty. "But...isn't this more of a private discussion, not for my ears and all of that?" Joe asked, now trying to work out what was going on behind Big Time's expensive-looking shades.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Oh not at all,” Big Time said sincerely. “I just wanted to talk to Misty about a deal I have for her…in fact, maybe you could give your input on it.”

The blue pegases leaned forward a little bit, “I think we both want the best for Misty here, so I think it’s a great idea to have somepony she trusts to make sure I only have the best of intentions.”

Big Time took a sip from his iced tea then looked to the small yellow unicorn, “so…let’s get down to business.” The blue Pegasus put his hooves on the table, preparing to use as much charisma as it would take to get her to sign a contract with him. “You are a very, VERY gifted unicorn, Misty…but I also know you’re having a bit of trouble controlling what you do. All that I want to propose to you is that you try and hone your skills to the point that you CAN control it.”

Big Time took a bite of his hayburger, quite enjoying it. It was just like he remembered it when he came to the diner once before. “Mmm, this is delicious Pony Joe!”

The Pegasus stallion returned his attention to Misty “…do you like foals?”

Misty liked Big Time's suggestion that Pony Joe join them at their table. She knew she could trust the donut making unicorn to be an impartial observer and maybe even help her out if the talent scout stallion got too pushy or overbearing.

"Yes, please join us, Pony Joe!" Misty neighed excitedly as he sat at their table.

Misty listened, and so far, the yellow unicorn liked what Big Time was saying.

"I do agree, sir, that I need to get more control over my magic. For many years, I've tried and so far, no luck."

Then Big Time asked if she liked foals? Seemed like an odd question, but she answered it anyway.

"Why yes, yes I do, why do you ask?"

“Well, I have to say that your journey to controlling your magic may be a long one. Without a shadow of a doubt, you will have to overcome many things before you can tame that wild magic inside of you.” Big Time picked his words carefully. He didn’t want to sound like he was insulting her, yet he also wanted to remain honest, and look at the situation from a logical perspective.

“Now, I want you to close your eyes and imagine with me for a second,” the blue stallion leaned back, but whether or not his eyes were closed remained unknown because of his shades. “Imagine learning how to control your magic…but while you learn, young colts and fillies observe and learn WITH you. With your presentation, you would show that just because somepony has trouble with their magic, they too can shine.”

Big Time looked to Pony Joe, then back to Misty summoning his poker face, “I mean, the amount of bits you can make from doing this is nice…but really, you would be doing it as a service to the youth of Equestria.”

The talent agent took another bite of his hayburger before continuing. “Plus, even if you can’t get your magic down for a long time, imperfection is the new perfection, if you catch my drift.”

Outside the establishment known as Pony Joe's a dark brown earth stallion in a old black fedora and vest walks, or rather drags himself, up to the entrance of his usual hang out. His black mane and tail were a wreck and he appears to be coated in a mixture of ash and grease; this type of look wasn't uncommon for the stallion though. His line of work usually had him gallivanting after thugs and suspects through the city streets. To those that were familiar with him this was just another day at the office, as was the night's stay in the Canterlot police department for disrupting the peace, destruction of public or private property, trespassing, or what ever other reason was given. But it was his job, he was Sherlock Hooves; the famous, or infamous, consultant detective in Canterlot, to most though he was Mr. Hooves, and Hooves to his friends. His last little adventure had drug him across city, through a building (that had caught fire while he was in it), and into a mechanic's shop. Sherlock would usually come by Joe's after a case to celibate, or after he was released from jail the next day to recover.

Squinting he pushed open the door and made his way up to the counter, "Joe... breakfast tea, hot, and a croissant if you please." He looked around the dinner, as was his habit, at the other customers. Not noticing anything particular out of the ordinary, well save for the young blue colt that looked like he had recently been traumatized by something, but honestly Sherlock was way to exhausted to care at this point. He trotted up to the counter and patiently awaited his order.

(ooc): Welcome to the RP, Sherlock!

Misty Magic's face instantly went pale at the sight of Sherlock Hooves entering Pony Joe's. The petite yellow unicorn ducked down behind the table, quivering in fear.

"OH NO!" she thought to herself. "It's the police! Saddlesore must've regained his memories and reported me to the Magic Patrol! I'm in big trouble now! What if I get put on trial? What if the Princess Celestia banishes me or has me locked up? This is bad, really bad. Now I really wish I could control my magic, so I could disappear!"

Misty remained under the table, uncertain what to do next. Unknown to her, her nervous condition was starting to make her horn glow.

"Misty, calm down." Joe reassured Misty. "This guy doesn't really look like a Magic Patrol guy. They wear uniforms. I think you're safe. Maybe this guy just wants breakfast. I'll be back in just a minute." He trotted over to the counter and began to prepare Sherlock's order. "The tea'll take a few minutes to prepare, and here's your croissant. That'll be 11 bits, sir."

Sherlock fumbled through his vest pocket and pulled out the appropriate change and waited for his tea. Then suddenly his eyes narrowed and he began to look around with a somewhat confused but determined look on his face. "Peculiar..." He spoke out loud, as was his habit. "The air around the counter seams charged... with a slight metallic residue." He stuck out his tongue for a moment, "Nickle? No! ...Copper. A large amount of electromagnetic energy has been released here recently. Very similar to the type of energy left over after a discharge of a highly concentrated spell... strong magic was just used here..." He then closed his eyes and inhaled deeply a few times. "Hmmm something else... saltwater....*sniff*...crustacean *sniff* .... Ah crab! ...A live crab?" Looking around this time at the ponies in the dinner he took notice of the yellow mare trembling under the table; taking note of her behavior he calmly trotted over and looked under the table. "You miss, judging by your behavior you, at the very least, have an Idea of what has recently transpired here. Or, more likely, that you are the one that was responsible for it."

Joe looked up from the brewing tea and over at Sherlock and Misty. "Now wait just a minute, sir." He said, trotting over and standing beside Sherlock. "If you're from the Magic Patrol, and I don't think you are..." He added, looking Sherlock up and down. "Misty just lost control, is all. So what if she made a table turn into a crab? She's a good friend and a loyal customer. Speaking of which," the rest of his sentence was drowned out by a whistling from the counter. "Your tea is done!"

Misty suddenly realized that Pony Joe was covering for her. What a friend! What a wonderful pal! This happy thought caused her horn to stop glowing. Deciding to 'play along,' the petite yellow unicorn got out from under the table, still with the fearful look on her face.

"I didn't mean to do any of the things that happened here today, honest sir."

Misty was telling the truth. Everything she had done today was pure accident, except for the successful spell that turned Saddlesore back into a pony. She hoped this explanation will satisfy Sherlock Hooves and that he wasn't a member of the Magic Patrol. Misty had had a number of run-ins with them while growing up in Canterlot. Lucky for her, she was underage to prosecute and her famous parents would reverse her miscast spells and all would be forgiven. With her parents on the road with their magic show, Misty knew she was on her own in this situation.

Big Time watched the scenario unravel. He took notice of Sherlock’s impressive detective skills. He also noticed how nervous Misty was acting. While watching, Big Time sat back and observed for a bit, he was sure he could talk business eventually, but until then, he wanted to make sure that Misty wasn’t going to have trouble with the law.

However, if the yellow unicorn had been his client, he would’ve jumped in there like a warrior going into battle, threatening the detective with lawsuits. Since she wasn’t, though, Big Time wanted to make sure his time was being well-invested.

Sherlock looked at Pony Joe then gave a slight snerk at his comment. "heh The Magic Patrol? Those foals couldn't tell their haunches from their croups." He bowed his head a little and introduced himself to everypony. "Sherlock Hooves, consultant detective, at your service. And there's no need to fear miss... Misty was it? Since I haven't been hired to do anything, I wont. I just have a habit of doing things like that. Something odd happens in my immediate area and I have to figure it out." His mind snapped back to Joe for a second and he rushed over to grab his tea, thanking Joe, then trotting back over sipping it. "Still though I have to say, from what I can gather, most impressive. I only know of a hooffull of unicorns with that kind of magical power." He paused taking a sip of his tea

After hearing that Mist wasn’t going to be in any trouble, Big Time finally spoke up. “That’s what I said. When it comes to magic, this mare is spectacular.” He smiled at Misty then returned his attention to Sherlock. The blue Pegasus held out a hoof. “My name is Big Time, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

Now, Big Time got his head in the game and came up with a new strategy on getting Misty to agree to be his client. Being a talent agent, he had learned to adapt to rapidly changing scenarios.

Misty Magic was now feeling very relieved. Her worst fears were abated, Sherlock Hooves wasn't from the Magic Patrol. In fact, he seemed like a very nice stallion!

The petite yellow unicorn looked on as Big Time began to brag on her. She didn't know how to respond. The LAST thing she wanted to do was draw more attention onto herself.

"I wouldn't say that, Big Time," she interrupted, clearing her throat. "I'm not greater that the famous Twilight Sparkle and a far cry from the feat of magic the Princess Sisters can do. I was hoping to stay in town long enough to watch Princess Celestia lower the sun tonight. I do hope she allows her sister to begin raising the moon again, after all, now that she's no longer Nightmare Moon, she should be trustworthy enough to handle that task."

Misty was rambling now, hoping to steer the conversation away from her and unto some other subject.

Sherlock nodded at Misty and added to the conversation, "Mmm Indeed, but I'm sure she must be readjusted to modern life. After 1000 years I'm sure things look quite different. Though I haven't heard anything from my contacts in the Royal Security forces." He took another sip of his tea then grinned a little at Misty "Though I doubt the daughter of the great Mighty Magic and Abracadabra will forever be burdened with uncontrollable magic forever. If memory serves Miss Sparkle wasn't in the best control of her magic for a long while." Taking another sip of his tea he looks back to the group, noticing the stares of how he could know that information. "You share your father's iris, that light hazel somewhat rare. Together with the shape of your horn, its identical to Abracadabra's, and horn shape is only passed down through direct blood line. Which makes you by necessity sisters. Or quite more likely mother and daughter."

The door openned, and a stack of books floated in. A scrawny, light yellow unicorn followed them in, similarly laden with books. Turning his bespectacled gaze around the shop, he picked an empty table and trotted over to deposit his books atop and around it. Pushing his glasses back into place with a hoof, Scale Model looked around once again. "Er... does this place offer refills?" he asks as he fishes out an inkwell, a pen, and a stack of empty papers from his saddlebags before finally retrieving a pouch. He opens it and takes a peek inside, wincing slightly at the state of its contents. He looks over his various books before selecting one and openning it to a marked page and propping it up against one of the stacks of books. That done, he nods a greeting to the others, then looks around for a menu of some sort.

"So...you're not from the Magic Patrol?" Joe sighed. "Good. That saves me SO much trouble. Thank you, Mr Hooves. Excuse me just one minute." He trotted over to deal with his newest customer. "If you mean ink refills, no, we don't offer that service. But you do get free refills on drinks."

The door, swinging open quite a lot that day, swung open once more.

A silver-pelted mare walked in slowly, legs dragging and shoulders sagging as if from great exhaustion. She'd practiced her kicks a lot today, and the dummy she'd been practicing on was quite the worse for wear.

Silversword lifted her head as she approached Pony Joe, the owner of the place, and watched, waiting for him to finish whatever he was doing with the yellow unicorn.

Stopping at a distance of a few feet, she sat patiently, determined to wait her turn and to not interrupt the one who had entered before her. As she did so, she stretched her long, aching limbs, looking up every so often to check if Pony Joe had finished yet.

I sure hope he has something good, she thought to herself. Because it's back to training tomorrow, and I need something that'll give me an energy boost!

Scale Model grinned at Pony Joe. "Well, that's good. I don't think ink would taste that good, and I doubt coffee would be that good for doing assignments. I heard about this place on campus and thought I'd check it out." He casually waves a hoof. "No big rush on my part. Just a cup of coffee and a... do you have bagels? I heard this place is known for it's doughnuts, but... most doughnuts are a bit too sweet for my tastes." He sits and starts reading. "Again, no rush. Probably have better paying ponies than little ol' me."

His horn glows for a moment and he opens his inkwell. Pausing, he blinks for a moment at himself. He then gives a critical look at the inkwell before closing it again via magic. He attempts to open it with his hooves, or a combination of hooves and mouth. With a hum, he shakes his head and opens the bottle via magic again. He fishes out a little notebook from his saddlebags, then flips it open. Flipping through the pages, he eventually picks up his pen, dips it in the ink, and scribbles down something in the notebook. He then sets it aside and turns his attention to the book he first opened.

"Don't worry about it." Joe grinned. "We'll get you your order as soon as possible. Just sit tight. So it was one coffee and a bagel. I'll see if I have bagels. In the meantime, just sit tight." He went back to the counter and made a coffee in no time. "Now, bagels, bagels, bagels...no bagels?" Joe trudged back to Scale Model's table with coffee in hand. "No bagels. Sorry."

Misty was stunned at the words of Sherlock Hooves. How could he possibly know so much about her parents? Of course! First, he's a detective and second, mom and dad's faces are all all those posters advertising their show. Perhaps he had attended their Magic Show since they do tour much of Equestria.

"Thank you, sir," Misty said timidly, unsure what he would say next. At least he gave her positive reinforcement. She hoped that someday she'd have better control of her magic. Twilight Sparkle had Princess Celestia and the School for Gifted Unicorns to help her learn control, she had no one.

((OOC: I’m gonna remove Big Time lol I haven't been keeping up with the RP very well XD))

Big Time leaned forward and took another sip of his tea. He was very impressed with Sherlock’s talent as a detective. It was entertaining to see how the earth-pony could find an answer through piecing together small clues. However, the blue pegasus thought twice about actually taking this stallion on as a client. He was already infamous, and most likely didn’t even need a talent agent like him.

The blue pegasus checked a clock that was up on the wall of Pony Joe’s restaurant. He gasped a little he saw the time, choking for a moment on his green tea. “Ah! Shoot! I forgot, I have an appointment!” The talent agent looked to Misty, then pulled out a card from beneath his wing and set it on the table before her. He didn’t know if he’d given her one already or not, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

“I’m afraid I have to go now. Keep my card if you think you’ll want to start performing, or if you just need some more details about what I have in mind,” Big Time smiled and winked at the petite unicorn, “with my help, I could get you in the big time, in no time.”

After delivering his somewhat corny line, Big Time slid out of the booth and walked through the double doors. Now that the sun was more present, the blue pegasus was even more grateful for his sunglasses. His meeting with the caterers would be a little delayed, but the events that took place in the restaurant at least had him leaving in a happy mood.

"Greetings." The Pegasus pony murmured, looking at the drinks and all the different food.

She'd never eaten here before, and she didn't eat out much, but recently, she'd started getting very hungry, and very, very tired after training, and so, she decided to eat something other than her own creations. She watched a stallion scribble something down in her notebook, but averted her eyes so he wouldn't think she was watching.

Her tail twitched, and she got up off her flank.

"I do not like sweets. But I am hungry. What can you offer me..?" her voice trailed off, as she realized it sounded stiff and formal.

Sherlock smiled at Misty and sipped his tea, "Not at all Miss Misty. Magic, like any other skill, needs to be trained and honed. But you also have to believe in yourself. Like my master use to say, 'To master the world, you must first master yourself, and to master yourself, you must believe you can.'" As Big Time took his leave Sherlock gave a nod, "Sorry to keep you sir, have a good day." Seeing the seat across from Misty open Sherlock smiled, "Well Miss Misty, since your guest has had to take his leave, I wonder if I might be so bold as to request your company? At least for the time being; tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life's small delights for me."