Completely MESmerized

Dubstep

The sun was high in the Fillydelphian sky, as Mesmeric headed out for his morning jog, an activity that he had once long ago enjoyed with his fiancee, but one that now had become more of a hassle than a joy, "I don't...see why you insist we continue to do this, no one acknowledges me anymore...at least not like they used to..." the hypnotist murmured to himself, before responding in a different tone, "It's to help keep your spirits up lad, not everything is as doom and gloom as it seems! The sun rising in the morning it proof that every day is a new start in life! One that's full of opportunity and blah blah blah, he gets it, you go on the same rant every morning and frankly? It's getting old, ya windbag!" a third voice chimed into his self conversation; this one more gruff sounding than the others, "If you wanna live life, grab it by the horns! Jogging is nothing but boring exercise! Time that could be spent doing other things, like, hypnotizing a few folks outta some change so we can get something to EAT! I for one am STARVING!"

"Now now, we all know that stealing isn't the answer; perhaps we could look for a job that Oh, yeah, right, 'How many positions are you applying for?' 'Oh just three, one for me, myself and I!' Yeah that'd go over really well...IN THE CIRCUS!" the two different voices argued on for several minutes before Mesmeric himself chimed back in "Enough enough enough! Stop arguing it's g..giving me a headache...I just want a few moments to myself, can you both just STOP bickering and shut up for a few minutes, please?!" he snapped at himself; to passersby, this was surely a strange sight, though lately, it had become the norm when seeing the poor hypnotist.

Taking a few calm breaths and seeing if Levi and Athian shut up, Mesmeric breathed a sigh of relief before starting back on his jog; he had no destination in mind, but even though he thought it pointless, running seemed to ease his mind, if only for a little while.

[tab=10]He had enough laying around in bed. It was another one of those sleepless nights where he dared not close his eyes. Dreamland was an odd, chaotic place for him that usually left him restless and unsettled. He began his morning dance: grind coffee, heat water, press it, drink it, and out with him; unto the street he went. He looked to the sky. At least he lost track of time in bed, it seemed later than he believed it to be. He assimilated into the crowd and flowed toward the park, a fine place to rest your tired self. At least the scenery changed, and the ponies that walked through there were interesting.

[tab=10]And what do we have here, a rather interesting character indeed. He was jogging within earshot of Klondike. Once more, he was arguing with himself. Klondike quietly sympathized with him for the moment, until he realized he was (or so it seemed) shifting personality. Rather than rebuff this quirky sight, he was somewhat intrigued, and couldn't help listening in, though at that moment, there was only the call to silence to hear. "This isn't any of your business," he thought, "Why don't you just- Hey, where are you going? You're not-" He found him approaching the stranger. "Oh joy, what are you going to say? 'Hey, I couldn't help but to notice that you were arguing with yourself, care to talk about it?' You're not a psychologist," he continued to reason to himself as he approached with his tired glaze. Well, he was within greeting distance now, and he figured that he's in for the ride he put himself into. After all, what is life without meeting new ponies and other folks.

[tab=10]"Hey," He stops cold, recalling that he desired a few moments to himself. He chuckles, "Ah, pardon me, I couldn't help-" Oh boy, "but to notice-" You're going there, aren't you? "That well, it's probably none of my business." Good, now turn around and, why aren't you turning around and walking away?

Mesmeric was just about to begin back onto his jog, when a voice broke his concentration, "Bluh? Huh? Oh, uhm, hi t-there, what can I do for you?" he asked, brushing his purple mane out of his eyes; he hadn't bothered combing it again this morning, so it looked rather frizzy and unkempts. "Oh yeah, it's always 'what we can do for them', never what they can do for US, think Mes, you should silence Athian, you're the reason we scare so many ponies off." the other two voices had came back, "Me?! What about you? Mr. Holier Than Thou? You and your morals are what keep us from a good meal! My morals have nothing to do with it and you knSTOP STOP STOP LET ME TALK!....Gah....S-s-sorry about that....they tend to speak out of turn at times" the frazzled hypnotist said, rubbing his temple with a forehoof, "They can be such a headache sometimes....N-now uhm, how may I help you this morning?"

[tab=10]He realized he was staring. He looks away for a moment, wondering exactly how he could handle this. After a few moments, he made eye contact again. Putting on the best cheery voice he could muster, he began, "Ah, so you're in a bit of a rough spot. I guess." He puts on a thin smile, "Well, I'm Klondike, and I figured, although it's none of my business, that you could use somepony to talk to for now." He pauses for a bit, "Well, that is, if you and your friends don't mind." After a moment, his ears flopped down and he winced. Perhaps that wasn't the best thing to say to him.

"I, uhm, well I s-suppose that would be rather pleasant, I'm so used to just, ponies avoiding me heheh..." Mesmeric said with a halfhearted smile, "Oh uhm, my name's, err, Mesmeric and they're, Levi and uh, Athian; uhm, Levi's, alright and, Athian on the other hoof, he can be a, uhm....Jerk is the word. Right, right, he can be a bit of a jerk at times, but uhm, he's relatively harmless, most of the, uhm, times..." he said, rubbing his temple with a hoof; it seemed to him that his headache would get better and worse at times, almost never ceasing though; brushing his mane back out of his face from the most recent outburst, Mesmeric took another calming breath and spoke up again, "I uhm, was just out for my morning jog, if you'd care to join me."

[tab=10]At the mention of it being pleasant, Klondike felt immediate relief. He regained his smile, "Well then, I'm happy to meet you and those two." He couldn't help but to feel slightly awkward at this whole situation. His stance illustrated that, as he stood with uncertainty, almost in question of why he was doing this. He then heard about jogging, and promptly began to jog in place, almost as if he was discreetly trying to shake off his nervousness, "Sure, I wouldn't mind jogging." It would certainly help him focus on not feeling awkward, and the thought of moving seemed like a good way to pass the time. With a yawn, he stopped jogging in place to cover it. "Ah, my apologies, one of those sleepless nights."

Mesmeric gave a soft smile and started on jogging with his new found conversation partner "Aheh, I know how that feels, quite a few times I've had sleepless nights...or outright woke up somewhere I didn't go to sleep at..." he said with a bit of a chuckle; the two others in his head weren't always that much trouble, but now and then, he'd find himself out side, or various other areas with no recollection of how he got there or why he even was there, "How about you? Stress? General insomnia?" he asked Klondike; it was a force of habit for him to ask these kinds of things, when he wasn't doing shows, he used hypnosis to help ponies with their stress and ailments and the like.

[tab=10]"Ah, just the whole, dreamland not being too kind to me." He chuckles, "Some weird dreams happen, and I wake up to just spend hours on end just thinking about them. Kind of my fault, really." He jogs along the path, as something catches his eye. He glances over to it, but finds it was simply a trick of the mind. "But aside from that, nothing stressful, just me being tired." He smiles as he looks back, "Everything is just fine as it is so far, especially when I just go out and talk to strangers like that. I'm really glad you don't mind." He continues with the brisk pace, looking back over his shoulder for a brief moment, just to make sure that nothing was there. Turning his head forward once more, he was satisfied by seeing nothing of interest.

"Ahh, uhm, night-terrors I assume; could stem from a, well a number of things, new job, town, change in diet, even changing the way you lay as you sleep can be a contributor, the mind is a, uh, very delicate piece of biology." Mes stated as he jogged along, tossing a glance at where Klondike had looked a moment ago, nothing was there, "They say, uh, the eyes believe what the mind perceives, meaning that, uhm, err...That if something is real enough to your mind, your eyes will start to show it to you. It's a simple form of mind over matter in a way. If one were to simply believe that the sky was, oh, say, orange for long enough, they would start seeing it as such. The mind, though indeed delicate, is also a very powerful tool of imagination and perception, and it can be used as such...A tool that is." he said, his persona switching mid conversation; the way this one carried himself was more confident, and less reserved than the other, even his eyes seemed to shift colours, "Oh, but there I go again, yammering on hahah. No, we don't mind at all, it's rather nice to have someone to converse with, other than ourselves, for a change."

[tab=10]Klondike nodded as he listened to what he stated. "Huh, so perhaps the glimpse of what I thought I saw could be related to what I dreamed of?" He sort of narrows his eyes, attempting to comprehend exactly what was said. After a few moments pause, he shrugs lightly, letting out a small sigh. It had seemed that whatever was stated, Klondike had only a loose grasp on the subject. Unable to comment, he continues to jog, soon remembering that... Mesmeric, was it? Well, Mesmeric seemed to know a lot about these sorts of things. "If I may ask, where did you learn about all of that? I've been trying to understand my dreams myself, and so far I haven't had much luck." He holds back a yawn as he slows to a trot for a moment.

Mesmeric nodded lightly as he continued along, "It very well could be, lack of sleep to extremes can also cause hallucinations." he said in confirmation; it wasn't often any more that he got to do anything pertaining to his old job, due in great part to the fact his mind was split in twain but also due to the main personality's increased nervousness around ponies, so many had been rude or scared of them, he had decided, for the most part, it was best to avoid anyone, as to not cause any troubles, "Hmm? OH! Yes, well, once upon a time we worked as a hypnotist, before the incident that is. But before that, we had to learn various things pertaining to the mind, sleep patterns, and personalities and all that. Times we worked as a performer, others we'd work as a personal hypnotist, to help with sleep problems or bad habits such as smoking or drinking, that ponies wanted to cut out." he said with a smile before correcting himself, "Oh, and, by we, I mean, well, us before we became like this heheh. I in otherwords. Alas just 'I' doesn't count for us anymore."

• 3 weeks later...

Klondike simply nods, understanding where he was coming from in that. "Ah, sleep hypnotist huh?" He stops to think for a few moments, a few ideas starting to come to mind. A light smile crosses his lips as he looks over to Mesmeric and his many personalities. He did catch a little bit involving a certain lack of income, and there were some ideas, "Well I do own a cafe that usually has performances going on in it." Perhaps he would be too bold in asking, but he figured it wasn't such a bad thing to put forward. There was a few moments hesitation before he continued, "Maybe I could book you for a few performances if you so desire." Then, there was his absurd sleep schedule. His vision shifted towards the ground. It was something, at least. He wasn't sure if he desired to open himself to someone he barely knew. Perhaps, for now, it would be best to keep quiet about any further suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...

Mesmeric stopped dead in his tracks and shuddered, it had been so long since he had done ANY shows what so ever, the offer was amazingly tempting, "I uh...that.....uhm...." Mesmeric stammered out, his thoughts racing, sure a good source of money would be wonderful, and he still, deep down, enjoyed what he did; but the thought of Athian taking over, possibly hurting someone, it made him uneasy and nervous, "Oh just take the offer, nothing bad's going to happen! Oh? Can you promise that, after what happen LAST time? I told you that guy had it coming, he short changed me! It's no excuse to do that." the others said as they began arguing with them selves, "It totally was! We need that change! That doesn't mean you should make somepony think they're a dog! He got his tail run over by a carriage! Hey hey, not my fault he was a DUMB dog and besiENOUGH!" Mes finally shouted to himself, calming the other two, "I....I don't think I...I could do that...I want to but...." he said with a sigh, shuffling his hooves, "It wouldn't end well I don't think..."

• 2 weeks later...

Klondike stood awkwardly as the the folks inside began to argue about a past incident. His eyes seemed to twitch while it tried to shift it's view from pony to pony, almost like he was trying to see through Mes and address the other two personalities. Unexpectedly, the conflict was resolved by Mes' interruption, which caused Klondike to jump. Shaking his head to sort of snap himself out of whatever trance he was in, he nodded, "Well, the offer still stands if you choose to take it," he spoke with a slow confused tone. Who were the other two ponies names again? Today was simply not a good day to track. He squeezed his eyes shut for a moment, already feeling himself crash. "Perhaps I could get you some coffee after this," he opened his eyes, his tone shifting from exhausted to a weak sense of energy, "I know I could use some. My treat."

It would probably be a bad idea to ask, yet again, it might make things interesting.

Mesmeric took a few moments to breath, relaxing his mind and breathing softly, "Mmmf....I uhm...a...apologize for that, we tend to argue a lot...it's not something we...well not something Levi and I enjoy...I cannot speak for Athian..." he said with a sigh, "I'll keep that in mind, thank you very much for the offer, it's not often that anypony speaks with me anymore, let alone offering me a job. It means a lot to me." the hypnotist said, dipping his head in thanks, it was true though, not very many ponies DID talk to him, or the others in his mind either, though he couldn't really blame them, he was a...freak nowadays, "Ahh, uhm....yes, coffee sounds wonderful, yes." Mes replied with a soft smile, "Coffee could probably do us all some good."

• 5 weeks later...

"No worries, I find that I argue with myself from time to time, though I can't say I have to argue with personalities aside from my own. It must be difficult." He pauses, once again catching a glimpse of something. Turning his head to look at it, he found that his own mind once again tricked him. Returning his view to mesmeric, he put on a warm smile. "Well, like I said, I own a shop nearby. My treat." After all, it seemed to be in poor taste to simply have him pay for coffee in his own shop. "If you want, we could either finish the jog, or we could just go ahead and trot on over." A pity, really. Why did it seem like the interesting ponies always had such a hard go of it?

Brushing his mane to the sides in a more orderly way, Mesmeric nodded, "It c-can be rather distracting, simple tasks can lead to long arguments about, things like, what's the easiest way to do it, or the fastest, then that leads to a who's right who's wrong scenario..." he said rubbing his head; inside the two others were still bickering slightly, but better mentally that verbally, he head enough of a headache as was, "That sounds pleasant yes, we can put the jog on hold for a little while, no real destination in mind after all..." he said with a smile. Coffee sounded delightful, to all three of them, it wasn't very often that they had the chance or the nerve to stop by, well, any place, let alone somewhere to get coffee. The arguments he had with himselves were 'bad for business' he was told.