Timber Shield Logging [ask first]

BraveShield

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zecrath was looking at a flyer in garden gait for logging but he couldn't believe the name it was from

'Brave Shield'

he read it over and over but still didn't think it was true it couldn't be his old friend he hasn't seen him in some time. Plus he thought he lived in ponyville now.

after he was over the shock of seeing the name he decided to see if it was really him and not some pony with the same name

(( this is what Zecrath looks like

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/20881-zecrath-pronounced-z-kroth/ ))

((Sorry for those that have noticed but I forgot to put my cutie mark in my description(my bad) so hear it is

Brave Shield's cutie mark:

A silver shield with a red ribbon coming around the shield from the right and curling just left of the middle. ))

Abby walked out the door of the house and began to walk towards her cottage. She was so excited to start work. Finally, she reached the cottage and opened the door. She looked around then entered a room that was obviously hers. She began to unpack.

Zecrath:

Zecrath was walking onto the property when he saw a grey Arieon

(this better not be who put the posters up cause that's not brave) he thought as he changed direction to meet her

"Hello" he said in a thick zebra accent "are you brave?"

Midnight pulled on her saddel bags tightly and she also checked how she looked in the mirror. A black cloak covered her body before a slight squeal came bounding round the corner.

"Swift, are you ready?" She called out as the small Unicorn ran up and jumped about like Pinkie Pie.

"We're going to see Dad at the lodging! And meet some deer, then work, I'll get strong daddy can teach me!" Swift literally was so fast she could give Apple jack a run for her money.

"I'm glad you're excited, come on," she ran her hoof through her white hair with the lavendrr stripe and kissed her cheek. "We'll walk today ok?" Swift just nodded and Midnight smirked as they opened the tree house and Midnight carried Swift.

"Actually mummy, can I get a ride?" She asked as Midnight shook her head with a laugh.

"Of course come one," Midnight picked her up in her mouth carefully and they begun their flight.

----

After landing softly Midnight knocked on the door but Swift opened up with her magic and ran straight in.

Brave:
"Swift Star!" Brave said as the unicorn filly ran to him
"how's my favorite filly?" He asked her as he nuzzled her

Zecrath:

"Well I'm going to go to the main house" he told Abby just leaving with out waiting for her to say goodbye

Swift Star:

"Daddy!" Swift almost screamed at Brave

Swift looked up to her father nuzzling him back

"I'm great cause i get to be here where i can play anywhere i want!" she answered jumping around both her father and mother and remembering that she cant play outside back in the everfree

Brave Shield:

"As long as nopony is working on the tree's and you stay on the property" brave reminded the young filly "you would have to ask the deer permission to be on their land and i don't want a tree to fall on my precious little princess" he said pulling her onto his back to get her to stop running around before she broke something

after he did so she hugged him so she wouldn't fall off

"and how are you" he asked stepping closer to midnight his muzzle a bunny's length away and his voice a bit more somber then when he was talking to his daughter

Swift Star:

"Ew" she said jumping off her father as her parents were about to kiss

as she landed she looked at the open door and thought (well nopony is working im going to go play)

So she ran off towards the door running into a cloaked figure who had just stepped in the doorway

Swift looked up seeing a scary looking face looking down at her

She then screamed back to her parents who had almost locked lips at that point

Brave Shield:

Brave was about to kiss the pony he loved when Swift Star came running from the door

he then instinctively threw a protective barrier around the three of them and readied himself for anything the pony in the doorway might do

only it wasnt a stranger. it wasnt even a pony

it was Zecrath

Zecrath:

Zecrath walked up to the open door only to have something run into his legs

"huh?" he said looking down at a filly that looked like brave but had silver hair with a blue stripe and was lavender

he watched as the filly ran screaming to two ponies standing close to each other, the male then casted a shield around his family only to have it dissipate right after it went up

"Hello Midnight, Hello Brave Shield" Zecrath said to the two ponies he knew from when they first met each other "am i to guess that this is your daughter i have just scared?" his zebra accent thick like maple syrup

Midinight chuckled as she watched her little girl run about and nuzzle her father. "I'm good, she's been so excited since you left, to get this  business under way again, she's running me into the ground," Midnight laughed slightly as she nuzzled him and was about to kiss her husband before Swift screamed.

Midnight growled before seeing Brave's Zebra friend, Zecrath.

"Hello Zecrath, that would be correct, meet little Swift Star," Midnight pushed Swift with her muzzle towards the Zebra.

Swift:

"Uh, uh, ummmm, hi," she let out a small squeak before her hair fell in front of Swift's face and she looked at her hooves.

Abby was about to say goodbye but the Zebra walked away. She hummed and was about to go back to her cottage when she heard a scream. She ran back towards the house and appeared in the door way. Zecrath, Brave, and two other ponies she didnt know were there. She pinpointed the filly in the group, guessing it was she who had screamed. "Whats wrong? Is anyoony hurt?" she asked scanning everypony for injurys. From where she stood she didnt see any. 

Zecrath:

"I seamed to have scared the little filly" he told Abby then turning to brave "I see the resemblance"

Brave:

"It's okay swift he may look scary but he wouldn't hurt you" he told Swift

Then walking to towards the zebra "long time no see how's the nomad thing?"

Zecrath:

Zecrath walked in, keeping distance from the filly so not to scare her anymore than he had, "it's was going good but I'm getting old and that life is boring me" he told brave sitting on the couch "honestly I've been looking for you. I first looked back at that apple farm but that.....Sweet was it? Said you two left to get hitched"

Brave:

"Ya it was sweet" brave said confirming what Zecrath said "well your welcome to stay here and help"

He then leaned to midnight and whispered "I'm going to go make lunch. Swift's room is the one at the end of the hall to the left ours is to the right" before kissing the back of her ear then walking off

Swift:

"Why doesn't he speak in riddles?" Swift asked her mom about the zebra

Zecrath:

Zecrath laughed deep and low making swift go back behind her mother

"That's because not all zebras speak like Zacora" he said remembering his cousin in the everfree

((Btw all the buildings are log except for the mill witch is stone))

Midnight raised her eyebrow at the other female Areion. "And you are?" She asked politely but with a hint of annoyance, she didn't look strong but that was that, compared to herself anyway.

Midnight then chuckled at Swift. "See, Zecora is our friend remember? She's a very powerful Shaman and she chooses to, see Zecrath has explained it," Midnight didn't really know herself so she was happy when the Zebra said so.

"Thank you," she whispered back to her husband as she turned to Swift. "You room my little one, is at the end of the room on the left from our one, I hope you remember?" Midnight kissed her before Swift wiped it off and then bounded about before seeing the other Areion.

Zecrath:

"so when did you and brave have the little one?" He asked I his usual monotone like voice

He always seamed to be analizing everything like he would jump up and run at any moment

Brave was trying to make some hayburgers but it wasn't going so well

(we really need that cook)he thought

he had managed to save enough of them to have one for swift, Abby, Zecrath, and himself

(midnight can just use me if she's hungry) he thought remembering what she's had to do because they couldn't get any blood packs

(as long as somepony can keep swift occupied long enough so she doesn't see)

"Lunch" He said walking into the living room and towards midnight

He then whispered to her "there are no blood packs here so if your hungry we can go to our room and...you know"

"It's on the table in the room through that door."

"How long has it been? Well if feels like since forever but this little Filly is already in school..." Midnight said before Swift ran back in and jumped in front of her.

"4 I'm 4! " She laughed and jumped with more enthusiasm fit for an Earth Pony. "I'm at shool but it's vacation and I'm sooooo excited because my birthdays soon!" She laughed before Midnight her self chuckled.

--

"How have you been Zecrath? "

((I edited my last post sorry))

Zecrath:

Wail getting up to eat he said "I'm fine" being as elusive like normal

"Why isn't she a Arieon " he asked raising an eyebrow

((Swift would be too young to be able to do the spell so don't talk about the transformation spell please))

"She takes on her fathers genes, magic and unicorn, but has her mother's, let's see, looks, and brains," Midnight chuckled at Zecrath before nodding.

"Have you seen Zecora lately? She's been doing marvellously well in her line of work lately," Midnight tried to keep up the conversation with the filly playing with her wings and running about like a mad pony.

"Little hyperactive," she made a slight comment before looking up at the sky, she had changed her sleeping pattern, especially for this day so she wasn't tired like she used to when she'd work but at night instead.

Abby looked at the other Aireon "My name is Abby. Its nice to meet you." she introduced herself. She smiled at the little filly jumping around, catching in the conversation that her name was Swift Star. Then Brave came back from the kitchen with..hayburgers? She looked at them, then a Brave "Perhaps I didnt specify why i came here. I can cook and help plant trees, if you'd like." she said 

Brave:

Brave looked at Abby "good cause there are about twenty hoofky pucks in the trash"(I'm going for the pony equivalent of hockey) he told her with a smile

Zecrath:

He smiled about her coment about where the filly got her smarts

"I'm pretty sure you would know more than me about how Zacora is" he told her "and it's good she takes it from our grandmother"

He then noticed that the Arieon was looking at the skylight for the room then realized the time

"Arnt you nocturnal?"

Abby smiled at Brave "Hahaha. I'll go make something." she said and walked off into the kitchen. She spotted the left over hay and put some in a pan. She grabbed a spatula and flipped the hay and made sure not to burn it. When it was finished, she put each on a bun and walked out of the kitchen. She set the hayburgers down in front of everypony, and sat down to see what part of the conversation she had missed.

As Abby was walking by brave he whispered to her "midnight drinks blood so don't set her a plate. And if you do too you may have to supply your own food"

Brave:

"Oh right heightened sense of smell" brave whispered to her before grabbing one for him and swift a burger and sat down with his daughter at the table

Archived