New Alicorn Siblings (Private)

Catherine would trot along with Solar to the observatory. She would soon show him around and to his new room. "What a trip, wasn't it, Solar, dear?" She would ask him and give him a nuzzle right on the side. "Hmm...." She would smile. "I do hope you like your new room, dear brother."

Solar looked around at his new room, gasping in surprise at how much cleaner it was than the ally way he lived in. "I love it!" He wrote, looking around the rest of the observatory with curiosity. "What kind of classes will I be taking again?" He asked.

She could only giggle at her little brother. "Oh, you'll see, and I'm sure you'll love it." She says. "Now I want you to understand, this observatory is your home now. And if you can't find me, you're welcome to head on back to the farm and visit Sweet Apple, as well as her friends. I'm sure they'd love to see you. As for talking, you'll have to get comfortable talking normal, but I won't make you do it constantly, okay. I want you to start with me and once you get used to it, do it with another, until eventually you do speak. I do like you writing with your horn, but some may not. Plus if you end up taking mom's place as leader of Equestria, you want to have a loud booming voice." She says as she pulls him into a hug.

Solar smiled and hugged her back, but what she said made him think for a moment. Replace his mother? He knew it was bound to happen sometime in the future, but it was not something he liked thinking about. In his opinion, no one deserved the throne more than Celestia herself. "You really think I'll have a voice like that?" He asked.

She nodded. "Yes, I do. And you'd make a splendid leader. Mom can't rule forever. One day she'll want to step down. I certainly don't want it, so it'd be natural if it went to you." She says to him and turns to head down. She starts fixing some tea.

That part was certainly true, Solar thought with a little sigh. As much as he may want it, his mother may one day step down from the throne, and he would have no choice but to rule in her place. What kind of a ruler would he be if he were too shy to actually speak? Not to mention that he still needed to learn how to fly... "If... If you say so.." He said, using his actual voice. It felt so strange to be talking...

Catherine smiled. "And I wager, with your voice, mares are going to be swarming to you." She looks and smiled. "You can still do your writing stuff until you get completely used to talking. And if there's anything you have trouble with, just trust that your big sister will help you with it. Okay?"

At the first thing she said, a light blush began to form on the little Alicorn's cheeks. In his own mind, he could not see that happening. But, of course, the world was full of surprises. "T-thanks, big sis." He said, before the warm scent of the tea reached him.

She would smile and pour two cups of tea, set one on the table and takes the other to her telescope. "Hmmm..... I do believe it's time to..." She turns to her brother. "Solar, want to see the stars closer up?"

Solar smiled and gently sipped from the steaming cup, flinching a bit at how hot it was. "The stars...?" He asked, following Catherine towards the large telescope, studying it in curiosity.

"Really?" He wrote, setting the steaming cup aside. He looked through the lense and gasped at the sight, the shining stars up close was really a sight to see. He stared in awe for a moment longer, before asking; "T-this is what you study?"

Solar shook his head. Though he had adventured through the Everfree once or twice, he knew it was too dangerous to live in it. "N-no, not the Everfree. I lived in an ally way between a bakery and a theatre. In... in a small box." He said, looking up from the telescope.

He followed her to the door, his curiosity getting the better of him. What mare did she mean, exactly? He did feel a bit excited, though. Buying new clothes was not something he has ever done.

She smiled and led him to Carousel Boutique. There she had Rarity start making him some outfits, fitting for a young prince. She had a bit of a surprise for him when he was done, so she would sit and watch the fashion pony get to work.

Within the next few minutes, Solar had tried on over five different elaborate outfits that Rarity had made, almost all of which she herself even rejected. Finally, he settled on a simple dress shirt and pants, and Rarity even offered to comb his mane. The little Alicorn was more or less overwhelmed by the unicorn's generosity, and when they were finally finished, he smiled at himself in the mirror. "T-thank you!" He stuttered.

Solar followed Catherine out of the shop and onto Sugar Cube Corner, trying to straighten the collar of his dress shirt. "I-ice cream...?" He asked, thinking for a moment. "I've n-never tried it."

She smiled. "Well then.... you're in for a treat." She says to him as she gets some cupcakes and ice cream for Solar and herself, handing him the Ice cream cone and putting the cupcakes into her saddle bag.

Solar held onto the ice cream cone using a levitation spell. He hesitated for a moment, before taking a bite, and his eyes widened a bit in surprise. "It's amazing! But... a bit cold." He wrote, not wanting to talk with his mouth full.

Archived