Hotel Mystere (Private)

Wurmpleguy

Seven trudged through the streets of Baltimare  He had recently token down a small criminal gang and collected his bounty. Unfortunately one had fissured one of his legs, so he was dragging his front right hoof. He had planned to get something to eat and go back to his hotel. But soon those plans would be interrupted..........

(I'm voting that the city is Baltimare)

Starry was rich, very rich. And this hotel did not fulfil her requirements. For one, the windows weren't triple paned frosted (based on the room's I fared signature), and the pillows were not stuffed with swan feathers(it wasn't soft enough). And the bed stand was not styled after the Celestial era (The wood did not possess her beloved sweeps and curve). She lifted her muzzle, and hissed. She absolutely hated imperfection. For goodness sakes, she was only here because her father wanted her to attend another stupid conference with him. Conferences were her eternal nemesis-in which she would have to sit through hours of ridiculous debate, and the smarty-heads would all hussel and talk about things they all already knew. Bragging like she didn't know. She closed her eyes, and decided that the best way to clear her up satisfied mind was a quick stroll to explore this supposedly five star hotel.

Bluemoon burst through the front doors of L'Hôtel Mystère, Covered in dirt and mud, her mane and tail looking like they had just been attacked by a wind storm, reeking of the woods, and holding some shiny yellow cup she had found while exploring some caves in the woods. Bluemoon walked up to the front desk of the hotel " Hey, hi. Does your fancy place have a room with a sink I could borrow? I think I got tree sap on me and I'd really like to wash it off before it dries more." She said with a giggle and a smile. The dishevelled mare tossed the cup onto the desk. " Do you think that'll cover the costs?

A few minutes later Seven made his way to the Hotel, he saw a surpassingly dirty pegasus at the counter talking. 'Celestia bless here' He thought as he walked past the two, already checking out his room a day ago. He looked down at his broken leg that he was dragging with him. Unfortunately He didn't notice the Unicorn he was about to bump into.

The receptionist recoiled at the mares filth, "Yes, that will do for one night, here is your key" She said, quickly tossing the key.

Starry smiled, she liked strolling around places.

She smiled, smiled, and..."Ow!".

She hissed at her victim, then proceeded on casting her infamous infrared spell. A stallion with a broken leg stood in front of her. And he didn't look too happy.

"Hehe..." She sheepishly smiled.

So, maybe casting the spell one every 10 meters didn't cut it-and she decided to cast the spell several times to get an image of the room she was seemingly in.

She cast the spell once, twice, and..."Ow!" Rubbing her sore head, she cursed under her breath for her limited magic endurance.

By now, she was sure the stallion was looking at her more than oddly. Oh well.

" Hey, Thanks! "  Bluemoon took the keys with her mouth and trotted her way her way to her assigned room to wash up. Making her way inside the room, Bluemoon looked around and noticed that it was furnished with two beds, three night stands, Two Lamps, <Or Candle sticks what ever tech level we're Going with> a bookshelf, a carpet,and some plants.  " Neat! " Bluemoon directed her attention toward the bathroom. " On with the DESTICKIFYING!

• 2 weeks later...

Seven groaned as he knocked into the unicorn. he rubbed his broken leg a bit before saying, "Sorry for bumping into you" he quickly said. He noticed the pegasus go into her hotel room. "Man that pegasus is real dirty" he stated, trying to break the awkwardness 

"Sorry for bumping into you"

Starry lowered her head,"Sorry, it's partly my fault as well."  She heard some hoofsteps going away from the front desk, and deducted that somepony was leaving to their hotel room.

"Man that pegasus is real dirty"

"Oh, yeah..." she murmured.  She couldn't actually see the Pegasus, and wasn't sure if this was a prank mocking her blindness, or a real fact.  She slowly backed from the stallion.

She noticed the smell of the "street" on his clothes, the whiff of dirt and earth.  She listened hard, and heard the shuffle of bandages-one of his hooves were broken.  And she also smelled a tint of dried ointment-the type used on open, bleeding wounds.  This was not the type of stallion he would expect in this type of hotel.  She could "It's just...well, you seem too -how should I say this- street-like to appreciate this stuff.  No offense, of course.  Because this is a five-star hotel-I mean-a fancy-I mean...This hotel is-sorry, I meant-I said..," Starry stuttered.

Seven titled his head, he hoped he didn't have to deal with one of those stuck-up canterlot ponies. "Well, if you couldn't tell by my suit, I'm a bounty hunter, so i never stay at one place too long so i don't have a house. So i compensate that by going to good hotels whenever I reel in a good bounty" he said. 

"Hmm..a bounty hunter-that's an interesting career.  My father and I are here for a conference, and I am not required to participate until two days from now.  He is currently staying at the conference hotel, and I'm stuck here until then.  Oh, for your information-I am an astrophysicist in the field of infrared astronomy.  Umm...did you want to help me back to my room?  I don't remember where it is, and I only know the room number," she said sheepishly.  It wasn't a normal thing for her to ask this of a stranger, but she was quite lost.  This hotel was infamous for its grand architecture-and it might just be a bit...too grand...for a blind pony.

"My room number is 205.  It should be an executive suite near the end of a hallway.  Thank you for doing this-I'm blind, so it's hard for me to keep track of too many hallways and turns.  To answer your question: an astrophysicist studies heavenly bodies, such as stars and other universes using physics and chemistry.  In short-math.  I love the stars, and use a special spell that allows me to take infrared pictures," she smiled at him.  It wasn't a flirty, or even a nice smile.  It was very cautious-like the smile that most Elite gave.  Structured, and cautious.

'Blind! thats it' he shouted in his head, that answered most of his questions. Seven nodded, "sounds like thats a fun job" he commented as he started to lead the way.  He didn't think too much about the smile, he had rarely visited canterlot as it was a bounty desert over there. "So why do you need to be at a business meeting?" he asked. 

"First of all, it isn't a business conference.  It's a conference for scientists to bring forth new scientific ideas-allowing ponies like me to sponser and donate to them.  Well, I don't really need to be there-it's just a customary invite.  In case you forgot-I'm Starry Requiem: Starry the Teen Genius, Starry the Canterlot Elite, Starry the Millionaire Philanthropist, Starry the Wonderful Sponser and Patron for new Ideas.  If I wasn't invited-it would look extremely bad for the scientist.  And, of course, to be sponsored by me would simply be an amazing honour," Starry gave another smile-this one real and truly unique to herself, "If you aren't busy for the next week, I do have an extra ticket.  It was supposed to go to my father; but I realized a little too late that he was a VIP and was invited as an honorary guest."

Archived