DRIFTER

DerpRavener

Name: DRIFTER

Species: Automaton

Gender: N/A, though has a voice and frame modelled after a female, and is often thought of as such

Age: Unknown, estimated to have 'lived' for one generation

Eyes: Faintly glowing green

Exterior: Gunmetal grey

Design intent: Either household assistance with modifications for light combat duties, or more discreet personal defence

Unique Traits: Modelled after a unicorn, DRIFTER has a horn of sorts (a metal spike several rings surrounding it, capped by a small ball) which enables an artificial telekinesis, and can channel electricity in a few different forms.

As an automaton, DRIFTER is resilient against many forms of physical attack, as well as being immune to most biological, chemical or environmental hazards.  Though this also means she has no ability to heal 'naturally' and has only a limited capacity for self-repair.

History:  DRIFTER's entire history is unknown, at least to her.  There was a time when she had an immaculate record of every event in her history, but whether through an accident or some kind of conflict, her memory was damaged and ultimately lost.

The first thing DRIFTER does remember, and this was the first time she had to do so, is being 'awoken' by scavengers.  Aside from her memory core, she came off several years of being dormant surprisingly intact.  Though motivated by curiosity and the prospect of a powerful ally, it was the ease of repair that ultimately galvanized DRIFTER's recovery.  Nonetheless, there was only so much that could be done with scraps, and much was lost in the process.

DRIFTER was left in a curious state: largely functional, but missing much of her knowledge and perhaps more importantly lacking any sort of instruction, having lost any standing orders alongside her memory.  The scavengers' initial hope had been for some sort of protection from DRIFTER, but she proved erratic in that regard.  While not overtly hostile, in fact she even seemed to be appreciative of her repair, she was also curious and lacking in much knowledge of the world.  These are traits too dangerous for a weapon, and so DRIFTER found itself still without purpose.  Though remaining on relatively good terms, she left the group that found it in search of her own direction, or at least places to explore.

Personality:  Though not exactly 'child-like', DRIFTER's current lack of knowledge and inherent curiosity leaves her somewhat naive and with a tendency to poke her nose where perhaps she shouldn't.  Fortunately she is also very durable, so she makes it through the more typical of such incidents unharmed, though the same cannot always be said of friends or even bystanders.

It is hard to say how much DRIFTER is really capable of caring for ponies, but she genuinely enjoys interacting with them, and to that end is more likely to be to try to be helpful that harmful.  That said, her lack of understanding can occasionally make the former as dangerous as the latter.

That would be correct.  I didn't really have any characters that fit from my current roster, so I came up with a new one.

Though I kept a number of details deliberately vague, so I could use the character elsewhere with little difficulty should the opportunity arise.

Not sure if this is the best place for another character sheet. Personally I would either put it in the RP thread, or give it its own thread.

Unless you wanted to fit her and DRIFTER together in some way.

Technically yes, functionally no.

This is a thread about a character, who happens to have been made for Out Of The Stable.  This is not a sign-up thread.  I don't think Out Of The Stable really has one, so your best bet would be to post your character into the thread itself or to pm the person organizing that thread (CloudRunner).

I am not a fan of the idea of someone else storing a character basically in one of my character sheets, and I would appreciate if you moved it.

Technically yes, functionally no.

This is a thread about a character, who happens to have been made for Out Of The Stable.  This is not a sign-up thread.  I don't think Out Of The Stable really has one, so your best bet would be to post your character into the thread itself or to pm the person organizing that thread (CloudRunner).

I am not a fan of the idea of someone else storing a character basically in one of my character sheets, and I would appreciate if you moved it.

Maybe I am you're long lost daughter XD

Long lost daughter of...a robot?

It could be tough to make that work.  Could be adoptive, but that makes the 'long lost' part pretty hard to manage.  Especially since DRIFTER has only been active for at most a decade or so.  Alternately she could have built something, but that's not really in her skill set.

Archived