What Lies Within (Private)

Shadowbolt0

When it rains, it pours. Canterlot was being hit with a powerful Thunder Storm. Of course, it was announced the previous day that it would occur, so many people were indoors aware of it. But no everyone.

A young Unicorn ran through the ran, being pelted by wave after wave of water crashing into her. The light-blue coated Unicorn was soaked, her white shirt and brown trackies equally so as she ran through the streets having just escaped from Canterlot Castle. She knew she had to escape, she couldn't become a living experiment! She wouldn't! Her hair, long and a very strong white, covered her eyes for a moment. She slowed down next to an alley, wiping her eyes and shivering from the rain. Shelter, her mind yelled, she had to find shelter from the rain! But where? Where did one look for shelter, while on the run, in a thunder storm?

Blackwing presses his back against the wall, his breathing stopped, his heart rate slowed, and of course, completely still. He could hear the foot steps of the house owner moving towards him. Black closed his eyes, still hearing the footsteps coming towards him for two more seconds, before suddenly, they stopped. He could hear the guy turning around, looking for something. Black mentally cheered, his plan had worked. This guy was over protective, and had stolen something Black owned a long time ago. Black cheered because this guy also liked doin a full scan, and he so far hadn't gone ack to the same room twice, giving Black a easy way out. 

He counted down from ten, then, when he hit zero, the footsteps started again, this tie leaving the room. Black let his breath go, taking in a breath as he quickly moved towards toe window, grabbing it, and opening it, jumping out, and opening his wings, moving him out of view. He moved to close the window, and once it was closed, he sighed, dropping against the building. He was getting heavily rained on, but he didn't care. Hell, he couldn't have cared less if the rain had been ice, he had gotten in, and out, and stolen back one of his many childhood treasures. 

He was about to call it a night, find some place on the roof tops, or tree's, to set up a camp, but then he saw something... unique. A mare, a unicorn mare no doubt, bolting away. From where, Black couldn't tell. He sighed, getting up. When someone was running in this city, especially when it was rainy, he knew they had a good reason. He started following her along the roof tops, making sure to keep up with her until suddenly, she vanished into a ally. 

Black jumped down, flapping his wings once, and of course, slowing his decent, he landed with a soft thud a meter or two behind her, far enough that he would have landed without her knowing, and the lighting and rain definitly helped to. He was about to take a more... up front approach, until he noticed that she was shivering, cold, and not really... well, accustomed to the rain. He walks over, the rain still soaking his mane, and jacket. He watched as she ran off.

Shivana hugged herself across the chest, where could she go? She had run away with no plan, no money, nothing except the clothes on her back and the powers in her body. She leaned against one of the walls, still shivering when she spotted them on the other side of the alley. Solar guards, 4 of them. All of them were as soaked as she was, wearing armour, and had their weapons drawn! One of them spotted her, and yelled something to his comrades as all 4 of them sprinted towards her, weapons drawn as the unicorn slowly started backing away from them, her shivering now mixing with her trembling of fear as they approached.

Outside on the street, 4 more Solar guards ran past Blackwing, one of them bumping into the Griffon "Watch where the hell you're going" the guard yelled at Black idlely, before returning his focus to the girl.

Shivana turned to run, before noticed the 4 guards that had just passed Blackwing cutting off her escape! She was trapped! She backed herself against the wall, her entire body shivering like a leaf.

"N-no...." she whimpers out "D-don't make me go back...."

"Stupid girl" says the lead guard aggressively, taking a step towards her, hand out-stretched as if to slap her "They took you in and took care of you, and this is how to repay them?! You're going back to the castle...and you will never run away again..."

"H-help! S-someone..!" She yelled out, before the lead guard grabbed her by the collar which made the unicorn go silent from fear.

"Stupid idiot. We're guards, ain't no one gunna stand up to us. No one's gunna help you now..."

When the guard slammed into Blackwing, he felt himself knocked back, stumbling forwards and tripping onto the ground, cursing as he got back up. Now soaked from both  the rain, and falling over, he was glad he was a griffon, thus his feathers helped keep him warm, as well as the clothing he was wearing. But now, he had bigger matters to attend to. He aready had wanted to approach this mare and see if she wanted help, i mean, she was freezing. But now, he knew she had guards after her, and taht gave him more of a incentive to try and help. He walked into the ally himself, listening to the guards. 

"Stupid girl" 

Upon hearing that, Black couldn't help but get a little mad. The next part he couldn't exactly make out, but he did hear the yell for help, as well as what the guard said after.

"Stupid idiot. We're guards, ain't no one gunna stand up to us. No one's gunna help you now..."

That actually caused black to chuckle, literally. They couldn't be more right in ways. But couldn't be more wrong in others. People like Blackwing stood up to them every day, stealing, that was what they were their to prevent, and for those who get away with it, causes the guards rep to go down that little unoticable bit. 

"You said no one, never said no griffon. Back away from the defenseless unicorn, she is not your property, she is not your wife" 

All the guards turned around to face Blackwing as he spoke up, even the captain, who threw the Unicorn onto the wet hard ground, starting to laugh.

"Look what we have here boys! A knight in shining armour! Hahaha! Trying to stand up for every little sob story you see without understand a thing! This little girl is wanted as the castle Griffon Boy, now run along. This doesn't concern you..."

Two of the guards behind the Captain grab the Unicorn from the ground, pulling her up roughly by her arms, getting another loud noise as she yells in pain.

"Come on men, time to get this stupid girl back home to the mages..." He orders, before noticing the Griffon was still there "Or are you going to try stop us Griffon Cub?" He chuckles, swinging his sword around "Come on then, I haven't had a good fight in a while..."

Black shook his head, his face showing that he really didn't care. He took the insult, well, wierd insult, and listened as they said that she was wanted at the castle. That meant that this, had a lot more to it then just some guards abusing some random mare for fun. 

"Na, im not knight in shining armor. He already has that job covered. And i doubt he would like to hear about his guards assaulting a mare like this. But, well, with that little idea, how about a wager. We duel, first to draw blood wins, i win, you leave, and she stays, and if your lucky royalty won't hear how you indecently assaulted her. You win, she leaves with you, and they definitly don't hear about this" He says, taking his backpack off his back, and throwing it aside, knowing that it was going to get drenched, but he didn't care, all that was in it was some waterproof items. 

The Guard Captains starts laughing at the Griffons proposal, A duel!? HA! Now this'll be good, or well, would be if he would accept it.

"Men, sit back and watch. Your captains about to show you how it's done" He says simply as his guards create a small circle around the Griffon, the ones who were holding Shivana actually leaving it to one of them, the newest member of the team, who stood beside her, hands not actually on the Unicorn, but making it clear she had no where to run. The unicorn had her eyes closed, her entire body shivering from the cold. Completely unaware what was happening around her.

The captian drew his blade, spinning it around in his hand a few times

"You threaten to tell my captain that I assaulted a mare? This mare is property of Princess Celestia's Highest Mages, and my orders are to bring her back no matter what the cost! So go ahead, tell my captain!!" He yells as he charges in for a strike. He would just crush this tough looking Griffon, being the 'Dragon Tamer', as they labelled her, back to the Mages and get a promotion!

Whenever Black fought in a situation like this, he always took off his jacket, mainly because it flowed to much, and would get in his way. This time, was no exception. He unbottoned the front of it, throwing it on top of his bag, and then he listened to this fat oaf boast. Yeah, show you how to lose. He then heard him say that he wasn't scared if he told Shining. And Black shrugged. 

"Either way, you assaulted her. If the public hears about this, well, hell will break lose. I mean, sure, she might belong to the mages, but she is still a living thing, thus, has rights, and also, qu-" He was saying, and was cut off by the captain rushing in for a strike. Black quickly jumped flapping his wings and oing over his head, landing behind him. 

"And another rule broken. Even in a duel, you do not attack a unarmed opponent. Mind lending me a blade?" He called out, looking around at all the guards, especially the one he was fighting, and the one near the mare. He had to do what he could. And right now, best he could do was play mind games, and try and win this duel.

The Captain huffed in annoyance at his missed strike, before frowning. The Griffon, Challenged HIM, and doesn't have a blade?! He took a step backwards, shaking his head in contempt.

"You challenge me without the proper equipment? Rookie..Anders, give him your blade..."  The guard holding the shivering Unicorn nodded, throwing his sword to his captain, who caught it and offered it to the Griffon. Once the blade was taken, he would back up giving Blackwing the time to prepare himself.

"You know nothing of what she is boy, nothing of what she is capable of doing! After this, when I take you down, I might tell you. But for now, come at me..." He smirks as the rain continues to lash down, it was his time to shine.

Black shrugged, catching the blade when it was thrown by the handle, swinging it around and keeping it by his side. He never carried a blade around because he knew it would be to nosy, to.... clangy as he moved around. 

"Do i look like the type of pony who gets into fights often?" He says, wondering if the stupid captain woud get the joke about the pony thing. He noticed the captain wanting him to come at him, causing Black to grin. He took one step closer, raising his blade with a bent arm, and as straight as he could. 

"Im the gentlegriffon here, so its only right for me to let the colt come and have his fun" 

The Guard Captain snorted "I care little what kind of Griffon you are boy...In fact, I have no time for this boy. You are halting the progress of Celestia's guard, and in that, the Princess herself! MEN! Get your weapons, we have no time for this Griffon Child!"

The guards around Blackwing all drew their weapons, the Griffon now surrounded by 8 armed Guards, not odds anyone would survive.

The Guards raised their blades to strike, when it happened. An extremely loud roar, not of thunder, but that of a dragon! All the guards spun around, frozen in place as they looked at Shivana, whose eyes was closed, her horn glowing a faith blue. Behind her, dim lights of Blue seemed to shimmer behind her.

"Oh gods...." muttered the Captain softly

The roar happened again, closer, almost as if it was coming from the girl. The air around started to blow, the rain no longer falling on them as if there was a protective barrier around them. The guards all seemed frozen as the lights behind Shivana started crashing against one another behind her, forming a bright figure behind the girl, a bright flash blinding everyone before it vanished.

Standing behind the girl now, where there had been only lights, now stood a Giant Dragon. It was tall, at least 9 feet in height, standing much taller than the buildings next to it. It's scales were a light blue, the same colour as Shivana's glowing horn, it's eyes a strong ice-blue with almost short tusks by its mouth, small wings on it's back, but still large enough to support itself in flight and a long tail which smashed hard against the ground as it let out another loud roar.

"R-run!!!" Screamed one of the guards, dropping his weapon, flaring his wings, and taking off right as Shivana opened her eyes slowly, quickly locking onto the fleeing guard. The Dragon opens its mouth, but instead of fire, a blue light starts to build up, before firing in a straight line, smashing into the guard. The guard vanished under the attack.

"Run....." She says softly as the Dragon opens its mouth, charging up another attack. The guards run, dropping their weapons and running down the roads. The slower of the guards got caught in the blast, which one guard dodged the attack, turning around as the Dragon leapt into the air, it's head getting closer to the terrified guard, roaring loudly as it charged up it's next attack.

Shivana hadn't moved an inch the whole time, her open eyes seemed distant as if she wasn't truly in her own body, which was still shivering from the rain.

Archived