Ending of the war. (Private.)

BassClef

(Kay. Sorry, things are crazy. I'm gonna leave the first one to be a bit simpler )

"You shouldn't leave your cash on the bar table... Wouldn't want it to be stolen, would you?" A stallion sat beside the slightly drunken mare and brandished her money container.

Starry hisses at his words, grimacing at him. She slammed her hoof on the table,"Gimme me money back! Gimme my money! MINE!" Her druven state did not aid in the fact she knew he was mocking her: waving her money around and around. It was almost like he didn't know..."Just gimme it back!"

"Hey now, I found it all the way over there..." The stallion pointed all the way to the other side of the table. "And you are right here... I'm returning your money, dont worry." He placed the money in front of her. "Might I ask, why are you... At the bar in the first place?"

(Sure!)

Starry grabbed her money immediately, milliseconds after it was placed in front of her-she could hear the sounds of her coins jingling, exactly thirteen bits. To answer the stallion's question, she hissed in a barely-bomber way," Wanna place to 'lax. Feel warm and fuzzier. Comfy. Need home without torn Equestria. No battle...no princesses or rebellions. Need place to be quiet. Sane,". Turning towards the bar, she shrieked,"BARTENDER! Another drin..."

A blinding light filling the corners of her vision, and red spots slid in between. She gripped the edge of the table, her hooves suddenly sweaty and clammy. She swayed left, and balanced herself with a sway to the right. Too far! To the left again. And right. Left, right. And then black.

"Ehh... I think that's enough for you... Bartender! I'm paying my tabs here, place hers on mine as well." The stallion shouted out as he grabbed out his bag of bits. It looked like he had about 290 bits even. He placed it on the counter without bothering to count it. "Alright, lets just get you home, eh rummy?" The stallion carefully helped Starry up on her hooves.

It was bright, really bright. Then black agin. Then white, and it faded into something like...a street? She focused to "see" where she was with her spell, and it went black again. All black.

The stallion carried Starry all the way to his house on the other side of canterlot. He set her down on a couch and covered her up in a blanket. "Now, don't pee the couch... That's an expensive freakin couch..." He remarked. Of course he knew she couldn't hear him, but its a security thing.

Starry moaned...the black was turning white, which was turning into...a house? At least, that's what her spell told her. This house...it was not hers, she would never be satisfied with-this-couch, she currently stood by the latest MareDown Brand Motion 360 with Revolution Technology. And she never stood for less. She suddenly felt a raging fluid in her stomachs, and the heavy metal stomps of ponyshoes on her head. She rolled over, onto the floor-and lurched. She felt dizzy, and her head was still pounding. Really pounding. LOUD. The rings filled her ears, and all she saw was the leftover images from her spell; before drifting away from reality.

The stallion had left some water on the table beside the couch for Starry. Also, some aspirin. And a note...

"Ey, drunky. I took you to my place cuz I didn't know where you live. Don't worry... We didn't do anything... I just layed you on the couch... That's it. Now, I went off to work... If you can just stay there on the couch, that would be perfect.

Signed, Star Mapper.

Starry opened her eyes, and cast her infrared spell. She sensed a note on the nearby desk, but couldn't read it. She was at a complete lost. Was this mysterious host a stallion, or a mare? If it was a stallion, did he...do anything to her? She shivered at the very thought, and walked towards the desk. She also saw some aspirin and a glass of water-both she took graciously. She went around the house, exploring the main parts-the bathroom, the kitchen, the living room. She smelled cold haycakes on the stove, and felt her way to the pan. She didn't bother heating it up before eating it. Then, she sat back down on the couch-haycakes in one hoof, and waited.

Hours would pass before Star came back home. Starry hear the rants of citizens outside the house. Occasionally they were right on the door step, but alarms would drive them away. Star finally came home. He frantically unlocked the door and rushed inside to close it back again and lock it. Star pants, having been chased down by supporters of Blackbird.

Starry blinked her large eyes unwavering in their eternal stare. She heard the tiny click of locks from the front door, but made no move to leave the couch. Instead, she lit up her horn, a simple transparent shield. She heard a stallion pant and gasp for breath, and then the tiny lock of the doors again. She levelled her horn, and turned to face her host.

"Blast... This whole city was fine till brother started this whole mess... Goodness... If they find out, I'm the last blood relative of this basterd... I'm done for..." Star was talking to himself, and had no clue his guest had awaken. He kept his head hung low and walked over to his chair right beside the couch. It was when he sat down, he saw the mares face looking straight at him. "Oh! Did I... Wake you?"

Starry noticed things. Acute hearing, scent, touch, and taste compensated for her lack of sight. She smelled the stallion's fair whiff of cologne. She heard his voice; scratchy and cool, but not unpleasant to listen to. She heard the jingling a of bits in his shirt pocket. She knew he was rich, one of the few remaining elite. And she knew he didn't know she was awake. Well, now he did. And she could feel the edges of his clothes-high quality fabric, expensive, but not the type for formal occasions. This stallion knew his material.

"Uhh... Miss? Can you hear me?" Star asked, confused from the mares silence. He waved a hoof in from of her. "Hellllooooo... Earth to mare, earth to mare... Huh... Guess your broken..." Star shrugged and situated himself in his chair. "Its what she gets for drinking, I guess..."

She turned towards the direction of his voice, and murmured, "Hey...do you mind if I start the spree of questions now?" Without even waiting for his reply, she began: "Where are we? Who are you? Whose home is this? Which city am I in? Are you a Pegasus Unicorn, or Earth Pony? Are you part of the rebellion? Are you crazy? Why am I here? Why are you here? Why am I on a couch? Did...you do anything to me? Celestia's sake, or Blackbirds mouth! If you did anything to me, I swear..."

"Hey, woah woah woah! Slow down... I cant answer all your questions at once. Now, the only ones I caught were 'are you earth, unicorn or Pegasus' and to answer that, I am a unicorn. I also heard 'Did we do anything.' Gracious! No! I would never! Not my thing... Not interested in mares any how... And uhh, that's the only ones I heard. Can you please just slow down?"

She hissed, not her; the magic at the tip of her horn. She repeated her questions, slowly, and clearly; but not without a note of suspicion, "Where are we? Who are you? Whose home is this? Which city am I in? Are you part of the rebellion? Are you crazy? Why am I here? Why are you here? Why am I on a couch? Answer me, and you'll find your throat alive a few more days," she levelled her horn dangerously.

"Woah! Hey hey... O-okay, calm down. Okay. We are in my home in canterlot. My name is Star Mapper. No I'm not part of the rebellion. I... Dont think I'm crazy... You passed out at the bar, I carried you here and let you sleep on the couch. There... You got your answers, now... Away with the hostility!"

She grinned like a crazed cat, smiling at him, "Alright, I have my questions answered...your turn,". With a flick of her unruly colourful hair, she smiled again. She didn't lower her charged horn.

"Ehh... What?" Star had his hooves up, as if he were being robbed. But that can't be! She's just... Having a bad moment. "Well... Wh-what's up with the... The charging of the laser there?"

Starry lowered her cray-cray grin into a serious expression, "I'm blind, I don't have my sight to protect me like others do.  I needs ways to defend myself if anything happens.  And...this isn't a laser spell, it's a solidifying spell.  It turns whatever it encounters into a stone statue for two hours,"  Starry lowered her horn and uncharged her spell, realizing that this stallion probably wasn't going to kill her.  She started her infrared spell, only to find herself out of magic in her reserves.

"Well, if I knew that..." Star Mapper lowered his hooves, sighing in relief. "For a second... I thought you would actually hurt me. Ehh... I'm sorry for... Bringing you here, but I didn't know what to do."

"it's alright, you were only thinking kindly.  My name is Starry Requiem, unofficial official head of the House of Requiem.  My mother is Requiem Swirl, and my father is Veste Nebeluae.  My mother abandoned our family, and wed Stardust Swirl.  I am 19, and work as an astrophysicist in infrared astronomy at the Royal Canterlot Observatory...at last, until it was raided and shut down.  Now, I just spend my time moping around bars, secretly keeping an eye on my mother, and learning astronomy with my father.  I am not on any particular side of the rebellion, and don't favour either.  Now-your turn,"  Starry told.  If this kind stallion could take her to his home without payment, the least she could do is tell him who she is.   

Archived