Manehatten CMC (Open to all)

jessewalker25

Babs walked about, searching for ponies with a blank flank. She had a leather jacket on her. It had been two weeks since she was recently inducted into the Cutie Mark Crusaders. It was now time to search for ponies to become part of the Manehatten branch. So far it has been a moot point. She even had a clubhouse built in the back of her yard at home for it. It could easily fit ten young foals in it without problem. She would walk to her home and sit on the doorstep as she looked up with a sigh.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(I'll join-my character already has a cutie mark, but she is willing to be an adult supporter of the CMC.)

Starry was wondering around the streets of Manehattan, soothing her mind from a heated debate on whether or not Luna's stars were more magic, or science.  She sighed-at the same time as another.  She turned her head and walked towards the noise, casting her infrared spell.  She looked at the dismayed filly, "What's wrong, sweet one?"

Babs looked up at the mare and smiled. "Oh, nothing really. Just looking for ponies to join a club. See, we are dedicated in helping each other find our cutie marks and well, I'm the only one in the branch here. My cousin and two of her friends started it up in Ponyville and I plan to start a branch here in Manehatten. However.... there have yet to be anypony I can find to join up. However, I won't give up. I can't." She says rubbing her chin some as she sat there.

A neon blue filly trotted down the street. A stuffed husky animal on her back as she trotted gently down the road.

Manehattan was a big place!! Her mother had moved and brought her daughter with her. Having let her wander the neighborhood to find new friends.

The filly only had one so far and that was the stuffed animal on her back. The little unicorn brought it practically everywhere she went. Save for the restroom.

This lack of friends however didn't stave her from looking letting her small hooves carry her along. Her eyes landed on a adult and another filly! She smiled widely and stopped. Waving happily to them.

Babs looked at the filly and smiled. She got up and walked around her and then smiled. "Hmmm.... no cutie mark..... Hey, wanna join a club?" She asks her softly. We're call the Cutie Mark Crusaders. And.... I um... well, I'm the fourth member. We're branching out and I'm starting a branch here in Manehatten. I'm Babs, Babs Seed by the way."

The filly nodded and smiled happily before placing a hoof to her chin and looking like she was thinking. She then pulled out the piece of paper from the husky's handy pocket on Its back. When she brought it to her she turned it.

"My name is Livewire. I can't talk sadly. Nice to meet you!" The prewritten message read.

Starry turned, sensing the presence of another being. She smiled, and cast her infrared spell: It was a small pony, a filly, with a stuffed toy. "Hello! I am Starry...and you should join the club! It would make this filly over here," She gestured to Babs, "very, very happy," She heard the rustling of paper, and her ears twitched, "I-I can't re-read,"

Livewire smiled to Starry but when she said she couldn't read she looked sadly to her. She thought for a bit and then exhaled. How could she talk to her? She tried to think of something but in the meantime she took out a pencil and wrote on the back of the page.

" I would love to join your club!" She held it to babs so she could read it and looked sadly to the Mare before trotting over and hugging her.

Starry bit her lip, both in anger and in anxiety. May Celestia's Sun scorch you, stupid gene mutation!  If I used a spell to read whatever she wrote, I would reveal my...problem.  But, now, I'm at a even greater disadvantage!  Horseapples!

Hoping to add some comedic relief from the situation, she added, "Are all Manehattan fillies like this?  Trusting stranger so?" She gave a laugh, "I guess I can't join your club, since I already have my cutie mark.  But, if you ever need some bits, or a mentor-I'll be there!"

Babs smiled and read the note. "Well then, welcome to the club." SHe looked at the elder mare. "Well, we welcome the support." She says to her. "And don't worry, we're kids. We're always trusting of one another, I think."

Livewire let go of Starry's leg and stepped back with a hopeful smile when she spoke. She nodded and looked to Babs as she said her part. Her tail flicked and she sat down gently. Her Stuffed animal falling off. She turned and grabbed the plushie and held it in her forehooves.

So it was just the three of them. She blinked and wrote some more on the paper. "Do you think others will join us? What if it's just the three of us?"

She held it up for babs. Her right ear flopping a bit in worry.

She wrote some more. " How can I communicate with her?" She then motioned to starry. If she couldn't read and Live couldn't speak how could they even communicate? This worried her so.

Starry could hear the worry behind Babs ears without her even saying so. She closed her eyes, "Babs, if you're worrying about communication problem, we won't have any," She reached into her saddlebag, and pulled out a pad of paper and a quill, "This is special paper and ink. Whatever is written on here will be magically read aloud in the voice of whomever writes it. I received it this morning at a conference, and I think it will be of great use to us."

Babs nodded. "If it's just us three, we will have to recruit. My cousin, in Ponyville, her two friends, they're part of the club too. I'm the newest.... well, you'd be the newest member." She says to the young filly. "And don't worry. I've got an idea. What if I taught you to read?" She asks Starry.

Haywire took the book and quill as starry gave it to her. Blinking in disbelief at the opportunity to hear her own voice for the first time in her life. Her eyes moved up to babs as she offered to teach starry how to read.

She wrote on the paper. Her eyes widening fully when her voice came from the pages. " I'm not sure she can see besides the spell she is using. We can try to teach you if you want." Her young filly voice came.

She gave a happy Sniffle and began to cry happily. Clutching the book to her chest and crying in joy. The smile wide on her face.

((Hope it's ok if I join

I'll be using a young version of my main oc brave shield and if the need arises or it works in a new oc I have named glade(who's a griffon) ))

Brave was walking down the street he normally took home when he saw that the next street was closed for what ever reason

He then spun on his hooves and decided to take his own little detour

As he turned the next street he saw two fillys and a mare standing around

The orange one he had seen before at school...

(Bud...no that's a colts name...babs!) he thought remembering her name

He had seen her being bullied by some of the old foals because she didn't have a cutie mare yet....well he didn't eather but that was beside the point

He trotted up to them and waved "hay arnt you babs?"

Babs looked over and smiled. "That's me. A member of the cutie mark crusaders." She said to him. "And you are?" She asks then looks at Stary. "So how about it? Would you like to be able to read? I know a way to help you read that... well... ponies never thought would work."

Starry flinched and turned her head from side to side, sweat beading on her forehead, "The thing is...I could never read, even if you tried to teach me. It's not a language problem, or even an intellectual problem-it's a genetic mutation I have," She levitated her shades off her eyes, and opened them to reveal its pupil-less shape.

(I think Braille didn't exist yet.)

Livewire looked to the new colt that came over. He started to talk to babs and babs struck up a conversation. This led to Starry showing her eyes to which Livewire saw as disturbing. She gave a soundless whimper and wrote some more. " I'm so sorry that happened to you!" Her voice echoed out of the book.

She then wrote some more. " Do you have a spell to at least see something?"

" I use an infrared spell, which acts as a camera, but takes infrared pictures and directly sends them to my mind for me to 'see'. I also have a spell that allows whatever I dictate to write down, and I have a read-aloud spell. I have plenty of spells to aid me, including ones that I invented myself!"

She put her shades back on, their reflective surface gleaming. She added, " It's like your mute disability. You can't remove it, it there are things-like the special paper pad-that can help,"

Livewire gave a faint smile to her as she explained. " Well that's the great thing about magic yea?" She wrote as it was said from the book. She looked to Brave. She wrote some more, " Yea! It's a club! You can join I'm sure!"

"I think Babs is still trying to get more ponies to join, so spread the word!"  Starry gave a serious look, then calmed it with another one of her infamous smiles.

Archived