Stygian Wing

Cracker3011

(OOC: Yes, I do realise you don't really want anymore chars in Ponyville, but its the only place this char would really work :S)

Name: Stygian Wing (aka Jewel Shard)

Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus

Pelt Color: Red when dyed, lime green when not

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Black when dyed, silver when not, fringe styled into curves across her brow

Eye Color: Grey

Cutie Mark: An emerald split in two

Physique: Tall, medium build

Origin: Ponyville

Roleplay Type: Fim/Show Roleplay

Motivation: World Domination, Dark Core

Dislikes: Dark Core, storms, reading, sand getting everywhere

Character Summary:

Born to mother Gold Gem and father Crystal Split, Jewel Shard grew up surrounded by precious gems and stones of all kinds. The family had a lucrative business selling necklaces, bracelets, tiaras, you name it. In fact, her family were so successful, Jewel occassionaly got picked on by her classmates.

Jewel works as an apprentice jeweller for her parents in Ponyville, and recieved her cutie mark early on in her work, after she split her first gem, an emerald the size of her hoof. From that point on, because of that moment (and her cutie mark) she developed a special love for emeralds.

At least that what most ponies see her as. Secretly (or at least she thinks she does), she stalks the colt named Dark Core, who seems hellbent on terrorising her home town, in a way that aboslutely everypony other than her would classify as 'unhealthy'. She found him intriguing, a pony who wasn't happy with how Equestria was, and wanted to change it to meet his own design, and would stop at nothing to do it. (Or, at least, that's what she thought he was like, she had a rather romanticised idea of the whole 'evil' thing.) It was unlike anything she had known before, only thinking somepony like Nightmare Moon was capable of such a thing. Yet here was a mere colt, taking on the entire world...

After a week, she realised what she was really doing, and tried to keep away from him, instead focusing on her work in the jewellers. However, she always found herself going back to following him, falling into the same routine. She became addicted to the thrill of following him without being noticed, and pondering what he wanted... What SHE wanted... What SHE could do...

She stalked him to such an extent that she created her own evil persona of Stygian Wing, bend on taking over the world in a suspiciously similar manner to a certain other pony who dyes their pelt when evil. Upon applying the dye, her mind shifted. Cold, immoral, unforgiving. She truely became her character, and began plotting to take over the world. She had to deal with her immediate obstacles... Or in other words...

Eliminate Dark Core.

Her obsession has reached the point where it is medically affecting her life, in the form of a rapidly developing split personality. When she is walking around as the quiet, obedient Jewel Shard, she hears the whispers of Stygian Wing urging her to acts her normal self would never dream of, such as stealing her parent's money, smashing priceless gems or tormenting innocent young foals. Likewise, when she transforms into Stygian Wing, Jewel acts as a conscience, begging her to stop committing evil acts and just return to normal. The old Jewel is always there, the sweet, innocent filly who loves her family... But so is the tempation.

jewelshard.png

stygianwing.png

Well Cracker, I honestly don’t know what to say.

The improvements you’ve made to this character since we spoke are just astounding, practically an overnight revelation! Instead of a blank two dimensional ‘creepy’ character, we are now presented with a real filly in the midst of a full on identity crisis. Rather than simply ‘stalking’ DC, she’s latching onto a role model, seeking to emulate his rebellious nature out of desperation. What’s more, you’ve already described how her internal conflict is developing, but left enough room for growth through the story’s that she takes part in.

I love what you’ve done with this app and I’m really looking forward to her interactions with DC. I can foresee the two developing a complicated dynamic, maybe they will both come out the other side better for it? Or maybe, it will be the end of the world as we know it?

Good job :D

This is a very interesting character.

Although I wonder what would happen if something went awry seeing as this pony's main existence revolves around Dark Core, but it looks like she has a somewhat normal life even with her dark persona cooing in her mind to do evil all the time so I approve.

AppAssessed.png