Johnny Guitar. (Private)

BassClef

"Ah, I see, :) " Started APP13, "I am an Apple Picking Prototype, Mark 13, also known as APP13. My former owner was fond of calling me 'Apple'. I was created to help farmers harvest apples from their orchards. I have never seen the inside of a stable before. But, how do they fit so many apple trees underground?  :!: " APP13 began to let his processors run that thought in the background. "Anyway, would you mind helping me out a bit. My joints seem to have rusted, making me immobile. :blush: "

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Farm assistant? That's all you are?" Crimson bright the cover down, revealing his and Livewires faces. "You know where any oil would be? If ya want, I can even try and fix yer legs to where ya can walk without trouble."

"That would be very helpful! My former owner had a can of oil on him. His body is just over there! :smirk: " APP13 stated as he turned his head towards the corpse. "I also have tools in my protected storage compartment, if you'd like to use them. :) " He turned his head back towards the two ponies that had revealed themselves and began scanning their faces for recognition. Upon receiving a negative match to known faces, he added them to his memory. "Might I ask what your names are? :smug: "

Livewire lowered her gun and smiled at the apple bot as he spoke. Her neon blue eyes looking at the cute faces that appeared. She trotted over and held out her hoof to the robot. She slowly touched it's chasis and withdrew it with a blink as her friend talked to Apple.

"Uhh... I'm Johnny Guitar... That's livewire. She's mute. But she talks to me with that telepathy mumbo jumbo..." Crimson explained as he slowly moved closer to the bot... Like a wild animal would approach a pony if they had food. "W-who built you? Are there other companies other than Stable-tech?"

"I see, :) " APP13 said, flashing Livewire a smile, "It's very nice to meet you both! As for myself, I was created by m;N(:hvsj?!nhV;GnmK. Oh dear. It seems some of my files may have been corrupted while I sat here. I shall have to purge these corrupted files from my system. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.  :sleep: " APP13 scanned what he could to try and answer Johnny's question as best he could. "The only information I'm getting is that Stable-tech did indeed have competitors, but the majority of my data concerning them has been corrupted and is being deleted as we speak."

"Mumbo Jumbo!?" Livewire echoed as she turned to Her friend. " Sorry I can't talk any other way! I could write but I don't have pen or paper." She then moved over to the body and began looking for the oil.

"Why are you just standing out here... Apple? And why... Is that body still there... Aren't there body takers here?" He asked. Back in the Stable, if somepony died, a 'clean up' crew would take the body and cremate it. Crimson moved behind the robot, looking around it, studying it to see how he could fix this poor thing.

APP13 thought for a moment before responding, "I am unsure why I remained before rusting. It could have been a calculation error, but my systems show no such discrepancies. :/ " He paused before continuing, looking over to the dead body, "As for, 'body takers', there are many creatures around that will happily take the corpses of other dead creatures and consume them. :) " He was starting to feel good answering these ponies questions. Perhaps, now having no one to follow, he could assist them further, should they desire.

"Wait... Consume them? So... There are things out here that will just... Eat you? No no no! That's not something I want when I kick the bucket... I'm a stickler fer tradition, and cremation is tradition in the stable!"

APP13's behavioral recognition software picked up what Livewire was trying to say. "Around the joints, if you would." Turning his attention back to Johnny, he continued. "Indeed. There are many such creatures, but most will not give you the courtesy of dying first. :unsure:  However, I will make a note that you would prefer to be cremated. For future use, of course.  :blush:  This does mean that I will need to follow you, and prevent injuries that would not result in death by fire. Is that alright with you?  :) "

Livewire moved to the joints and listened to Apple talk. The thought of being eaten, torn into by beasts, it made her mind go to a place that made her shudder.

She continued to work on the joints before tapping his shoulder for him to try and move a bit to work the oil In.

"Wait... Death BY fire? Cant I have like... Already died? THEN you burn me?" The thought of death by fire was sort of... Ironic. At least he would be cremated...

While APP13 did not feel the tap, his microphone did pick up on the sound of him being tapped. He turned, and saw that Livewire had applied some oil. He attempted lifting one front hoof and one back hoof simultaneously for efficiency. At first, there was much creaking, and it was quite loud, but as he continued it started to get quieter and more fluid. "Thank you Livewire!  :D " he said cheerfully. Then, to Johnny, he replied "Noted. Cremation shall occur only after subject Johnny Guitar has died.  :) My apologies for the discrepancy. However, I will still need to follow you to make sure this request is fulfilled. This will effectively make you my new owner. Do you accept the terms of these conditions?  :smirk: "

Livewire gave a nice nod as Apple thanked her. She continued to oil all the joints she could before placing the can down. She then titled her head and stifled some giggles if she could giggle.

"Looks like he will be our portable cremator! Make sure he knows that if I die I want to be cremated too." She asked Crimson through their connection.

"Good. Uhh, livewire would like the same thing to happen." Crimson now went to open the tool compartment located on the robots back. He found an abundance of tools! A tool paradise! "And because of all these tools... You're staying with us!"

"Affirmative.  :) Making additional note for subject Livewire using same parameters as subject Johnny Guitar." APP13 felt good knowing he had a purpose again. "Shall I also remotely connect my systems to your pipbuck?"

Livewire gave a clap of her hooves before moving to the tools on Apple and smiling happily. This was great! They had a personal robot friend!

When he asked if he should link to their Pipbucks she nodded and stepped I front of Apple before holding hers up and hitting the sync tool.

"Sure, might as well." Crimson pressed his sync button, waiting to get the Apple's signal. "Do you think your legs are good to go for right now? Maybe we can start fixing them more some other time."

(Ehh... Changing the stable the characters came from... Just got in new Vegas and found that vault 21 is a hotel... So. We are from Stable 42!)

(Okie dokie.)

APP13 activated his sync signal, and subsequently connected to both Livewire's and Johnny's pipbucks. "Synchronization complete.  :) " Now, not only would they be able to see his system's functionality percentages and his cargo's inventory, but he in turn could now monitor their vitals and communicate with them at long distances without making any noise himself. "My legs are at 85% functionality. Ready to follow your orders, sir!  :pathfinder: "

"Right on! Are there any like... Civilizations near by? This uhh... Caravan told us about places that have LOTS of ponies... Then they killed my ma..." Crimson shivered in the memory of watching his mother being gunned down after trying to run and get help.

APP13 was somewhat taken aback by being hugged, mostly since it'd never happened before. While he was not programmed to feel emotions, his behavioral response system dictated that hugging back was the correct action. Barely putting his metallic hoof around Livewire, he gave a small, gentle hug before returning his hoof to the ground. In response to Johnny's question, and somber statement, he replied. "There are some cities and factions scattered throughout the wasteland.  :) " While APP13 talked, he was trying to review his maps, but all appeared to have been wiped clean. Another glitch in his system, he supposed. "Unfortunately, my maps must have been deleted with the corrupted files. And, my condolences for your mother.  :( I have seen many ponies die. Others have told me that that's just what happens in a war, and that it doesn't get easier to see so many die. :sleep: However, caravans are not known to attack unless in self defense, and are rarely know to visit vaults. Is it possible they could have been bandits in disguise?  :-| "

Livewire let go of Apple and smiled still just before listening and nodding to his words. What happened to Crimson's mother was sad. She couldn't help but frown and cast a sad glance to her friend.

She turned back to Apple and moved close to look at the screen that displayed the faces. She gave a smile and grabbed her handkerchief from her pocket and wiped the screen to remove the dirt.

Archived